"OK guys this stream is gonna have a lot of typos coming from my mouth"Kaela Kovalskia

Minato Aqua Graduation Doomposting Thread

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter

I still cannot form the right words to say so let's have a chatting stream for tomorrow!

For today I need to eat lots and lots! - Suisei

I'm going to miss Startend stuff, glad they got to perform together a lot before all this
The last remaining days have been fun even if I only get to watch her streams a bit
:ameraintear:

Limkin

If she still wants to be a vtuber then she will probably hang around as indie for a couple months and join VSPO as another solo member. I just checked and they have only 9 people as part of official gens, while 11 others joined by themselves. Pretty sure they would bend over and let her join if she asked regardless of ongoing audition status. Not only it's a huge asset in itself, but it's also a massive stab in the competition's back, you never want someone to leave because of disagreements with management, only to soon join another company

frz

so.... slightly related but what if aqua goes to vshojo and it was a poach
they are opening a vshojo japan branch, submission deadline today. They should have seen how phaseJP is struggling and getting completely new vtubers in a market that has never heard of you isn't the greatest strategy, not like Vshojo ever even did it.

I can see vshojo delaying their debut another 3 months from now (since it's literally just closed) to "get the new gen to know each other" and wait out for holo's non-compete (which as kson demonstrated lasts 2 months).

VSoyBoy

People won't like hearing it, but if disagreements with management are a dealbreaker VShojo is the obvious choice apart from going indie, especially if China was the issue at hand.

Edit: People did not like hearing it. I still think chances are I'll be vindicated but we'll see.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
If she still wants to be a vtuber then she will probably hang around as indie for a couple months and join VSPO as another solo member. I just checked and they have only 9 people as part of official gens, while 11 others joined by themselves. Pretty sure they would bend over and let her join if she asked regardless of ongoing audition status. Not only it's a huge asset in itself, but it's also a massive stab in the competition's back, you never want someone to leave because of disagreements with management, only to soon join another company
I wouldn't mind seeing that, still. She's a gamer at heart, so that would probably make her the most happy.

Limkin

People won't like hearing it, but if disagreements with management are a dealbreaker VShojo is the obvious choice apart from going indie, especially if China was the issue at hand.
Yes, joining a company with no public record of achieving anything she is interested in (idol and pro gaming), and a very bad reputation of having terrible people and being terminally coombrained is an obvious choice. Absolutely. And there were definitely no people who left the company because of *checks notes* contract disagreements in the past too

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Marine live and talking about Aqua.

Shit.

Shion loses a sister.

Suisei and Towa their best friend.

Marine her daughter.

Her relationship with Pekora precedes Hololive.

She is a keystone to the whole thing.

This will hurt for a while.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
This is surreal. Aqua was such an OG talent in Hololive it feels like she'd always be around, but at the same time she's had moments in the past where it seemed like things weren't going great for her personally, which now feel like foreshadowing to this.

Based on "a difference of opinion in our road going forward" I have a personal suspicion she's not quite down with YAGOO's plan of turning the girls into licensable IPs. Mainly due to the timing of things. I know folks like to focus on Cover dipping back into the Chinese market, but honestly that move has been comparatively tentative in relation to their other endeavors. It's possible she saw the Dodgers thing and thought "that's too much for me," or there were talks of some other major deal in a similar vein she was planned to be a part of that she just refused to do. Just a rrat, but based on the timing, that's my theory.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
I'm a casual Holo watcher at best, but Aqua, Subaru and Gen 2 generally was what changed my perception of Holo from the idol stereotype ("AKB but anime girls") to a holistic entertainment experience, and much more than that still. It's always a bummer when a Holo, particularly from the early medium-defining generations graduates, so I'm here to pay respects.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

24910.png

It just hurts man.

Seoleim

Very sad to see the dorky, shy onion leave. Clearly she must have her reasons as no one willingly gives up a job like this without something behind it. Whatever her reason if she chooses to reincarnate somewhere, I doubt she will have any problem doing so. End of the day I hope this is something she decided for herself and wasn't pushed out in some way. But doesn't seem that way judging from the announcement made.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I havent drank alcohol in a fucking while but today is the kind of day where i'll need more than a couple drinks to cope.
If i end up doomposting like a drunk retard please just ban my ass for the day. I hate this kind of stuff so much man it fucking sucks.

Negzana

Just speedrun me to August 30 and let me ignore the rest of the month. It's so painful.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
I'm still hung up on the 'contractual differences' ; Cover wouldn't let her do what Ayame and Gura already (not) do? Because Cover is totally fine with an IP existing and making money.
I also don't see Aqua advocating or demanding for a "better" contract (something similar to Marine's?) when she hasn't put in the work toward it.
Maybe she really believes she's at the end of her "idol"-life, and the dispute is: "Please don't go. / No, it's time."
God I hope it has nothing to do with China

....Shion.....

Not-Username

Well...life happens.
I'm probably in the minority for not being that bummed out by it. (A-chan hit me more)
We reached a timespan where graduations become more and more likely.

For a multitude of reasons. Most of them just....life?!

She gets the whole victory lap ceremony, so it is likely not a bad break-up. There is so much happening behind the scenes we will never be privy of.

From the timeline it also was probably decided late last year.

Who knows what she will be up to. Godspeed gamer(not)maid. :gurasemperfi:

For some :cursedbae::
- she married mafumafu and that's why mikecat is on maro sudoku
- she and shion leave the country to have a gay marriage
- the real holo bully targeted her next after rushia

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Of course, beyond just losing Aqua and her web of relationships that are a significant part of what makes Hololive feel like Hololive, without even shitposting, I feel like the thread title and posts like @God's Strongest Dragoon's earlier may not be entirely amiss.

Aqua was into idol shit before Hololive. Is into it enough that she got her own sololive apart from birthday concerts, which is generally something only the minority who really want to actually do. She has very close relationships with a number of other talents. She is not, as far as I can tell, particularly limited by permission hell (she's not exactly into niche games).

When someone like her, for whom Hololive is at first glance tailor made (indeed, who shaped a lot of Hololive's culture through her activities early on) graduates and specifically mentions that she's graduating due to disagreements with management, it is legitimate to be concerned.

Best case scenario is indeed that modern Hololive is too big for her liking. But if it goes beyond that, there may be genuine problems in the foreseeable future.

I'd much rather that she indeed left to start a family or something like that.

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
Oh so she finally is able to order Sushi from an automated place on her own and suddenly she's too good for Hololive?

I'm glad the bitch is gone.

Stunned But Dumb

Well there is that post from the farms that links to a vt post about Aqua saying something weird during a karaoke

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Well...this fucking sucked to wake up to.

Going to have to take some time to process this.
:fishmandispair:

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Why are people still saying China? That shit amounted to a few promotional streams, a weekend event, and Kobo streams no one watched.

Top Bottom