"'That's frenching, young blue bear' it doesn't happen like this though! -does it? You don't just straight up just stick out your tongue and lick it... right? Oh it is? OK never mind then"Fujikura Uruka

Minato Aqua Graduation Doomposting Thread

Negzana

I hope this disagreement is just Cover getting too big for Aqua, and doesn't involve Chinks or similar shit

frz

Shion is basically a foot out the door and was really close to Aqua, I'm worried Gen 2 might be the first with 3 members.
Honestly in 2 years I can see subaru being the only member left of gen 2.
Ayame also has her foot one way out of the door. She only stayed because of Lui? She barely streams and when she does it's with people outside of hololive. She also seems uninterested in hololive events (Minecraft fes & the likes). And she doesn't strike me as someone who loves the idol gig.

Choco is difficult to tell. I put her on 80% because she might be too lazy to quit, but with mel gone and are now actively hanging out with kson, aqua gone and so will ayame/shion, her best friends are now outside of Holo. She strikes me as someone who prefer IRL activity rather than streaming, with most of her contents being off-collabs. She also loves to explore rather than most vtubers never stepping foot outside. And in the occassion she actually streams, youtube-kun actively hinders her because they hate ASMR content.

When gen 2 joined, the hololive landscape was very different and they have been active long enough to consider something else. Subaru probs won't leave as long as SMOK stays though and she's the only one in gen 2 that doesn't have best friends outside of Hololive.

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Wait for this month's superchat tally, if the talks are true, Hololive doesn't take their cuts on last streams.

Edit: Man all this, makes me worried a future where there's no Korone, Subaru, Marine, Pekora, or even Fauna.
I would not be surprised in the least if the Supas totaled well over 500k USD and that merch run will probably go deeper. With a full graduation + merch cycle, this decision was made months ago. Someone mentioned a previous hiatus this year? That's when the decision was finalized, more than likely. That's another wrinkle to this all. A lot of folks aren't built for environments where decisions have to be made 6+ months out. It feels extremely constraining to their personalities, which just increases the burnout.

If we want to take the "100 Days of Streaming" after deciding to leave as a sign, it's probably the conflict between Streamer vs Full-time Job of Meetings for the Virtual Idol Minato Aqua & all of the practice.

ペンネーム

I feel like I just lost my best friend.

Fuck.

Limkin

Yes, we shouldn't speculate.

....It was the returning to the Chinese market thing, right?
Honestly, the most likely answer is yes. She is one of the people who got fucked by Cover retreating from it the most, she received a ton of hatred for it despite having absolutely nothing to do with it, and when she finally came to terms with it Cover just went "haha jk we are going back". So all the shit she went through was effectively for nothing. Give me rrats but it's likely there will be more graduations for the exact same reason

RiverBear

I'm very concerned it might be the return to China. If that's the case, hopefully this isn't just the first to come.

A part of me feel like Aqua just wants to stream and not do any of the idol stuff

which is fair, but would also set a precedence if they gave special treatment to her

at the end of the day, we may never know.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Honestly, the most likely answer is yes. She is one of the people who got fucked by Cover retreating from it the most, she received a ton of hatred for it despite having absolutely nothing to do with it, and when she finally came to terms with it Cover just went "haha jk we are going back". So all the shit she went through was effectively for nothing. Give me rrats but it's likely there will be more graduations for the exact same reason
Well we lost A-chan, so maybe that was the first domino.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Minato Rratqua: Looks like being in Holo is just too much for her. The pressure of being "Minato Aqua" is just too much for her right now.
Thing is, while she's big, Hololive itself being so much bigger now takes pressure away from her. She used to carry Hololive on her back in 2019, she was its biggest star bar none.

While still big, the pressure now is, at least at first glance, substantially less.

Though this obviously doesn't account for Hololive turning from a handful of people outfit into what it is now. For someone like her, not exactly the most social person around, dealing with the change from quasi familial to professional atmosphere might be difficult. She certainly implies as much.

If that is the case, however, it'd kind of suck for her. She can be a successful indy, of course, but if she's looking for the atmosphere of

again... that's not possible. Anywhere she appears, she'll instantly be fuckhuge again.

niggaphil

Jean Valjean

Brimming with salt
Maybe this is the tribalist in me but I'm still going to hold up hope that this is just a difference in opinion between Aqua and management alone and not a major harbinger of things to come. If Fubuki jumps ship, then I'll admit defeat.

Negzana

Maybe this is the tribalist in me but I'm still going to hold up hope that this is just a difference in opinion between Aqua and management alone and not a major harbinger of things to come. If Fubuki jumps ship, then I'll admit defeat.
I really pray so too. Hololive is basically the last entertainment medium I like nowadays, and is basically the only thing outside of church and a job that really is keeping me sane in this world.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Wait for this month's superchat tally, if the talks are true, Hololive doesn't take their cuts on last streams.

Edit: Man all this, makes me worried a future where there's no Korone, Subaru, Marine, Pekora, or even Fauna.
A collection of the Cover Vtubers will ride until they can no longer physically sit at a chair. If anyone knows the Babylon 5 ending where there is a ship sitting and watching as the Sun goes supernova billions of years from now, I can see Korone somehow still teasing Miko.

That said, it'd be Cover somehow falling apart, but the end will come for all of it. That said, AKB48 has been going strong for nearly 20 years, and Morning Musume is rapidly approaching 30.

Stunned But Dumb

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

24907.png

I was holding myself together until this. This made me realized how much this hurts. I should have known when she cancelled stream today. She never cancels unless it's for health or something serious. I feel like there's so much I want to say but I can't think of anything right now.

I'm just so damn tired.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Marine live and talking about Aqua.

If it is about China, it could also be that she just wants to stream and not have to deal with all the work in the background. Hololive is extremely different from when she joined and that may have just come to a breaking point.

chihirogumi

I feel like I just lost my best friend.

Fuck.
I know exactly how you Aqua fans feel after my Apex gremlin oshi graduated. You have my condolences and hopes that she reincarnates soon. I still remember watching Aqua's solo master run in awe a couple years ago.

USS IOWA

Man, I'm not used to Aqua being there.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I know exactly how you Aqua fans feel after my Apex gremlin oshi graduated. You have my condolences and hopes that she reincarnates soon. I still remember watching Aqua's solo master run in awe a couple years ago.
It's a mixed bag for me. If she reincarnates, it will be great to see her again but it would be concerning that she just decided she doesn't want to stream under cover anymore.

RiverBear

View attachment 75317

I was holding myself together until this. This made me realized how much this hurts. I should have known when she cancelled stream today. She never cancels unless it's for health or something serious. I feel like there's so much I want to say but I can't think of anything right now.

I'm just so damn tired.

Gen 2 will never be complete after this

It's a mixed bag for me. If she reincarnates, it will be great to see her again but it would be concerning that she just decided she doesn't want to stream under cover anymore.
Even if she does reincarnate, she will no longer be Aqua, she will never have the same interactions with Hololive.

Negzana

Aki has nothing to lose staying in Hololive and is into the idol dance part. Watame is absolutely locked in until she does a concert at Budokan and loves idol dance aspects too. I am most worried about Kaela maybe. She just wants to stream, and the projects in this past month have absolutely crushed her and she admitted her lack of streams was taking a toll on her mental health. I don't want to see any of my oshis graduate. I can barely take Aqua leaving.

Top Bottom