"This is a record I feel so healthy ive gone now 2 days withot eating mold losing my mind"Lapin Laponkotsu

Minato Aqua Graduation Doomposting Thread

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
At this rate I'm actually gonna hate Tuesdays more than Mondays goddamn it

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

If this is how I feel now, I can't imagine how I would feel if Aki, Watame, or Kaela graduated.

Vtubing feels like when a game you play is shutting down its servers. You don't get to go back, since it's a Live Interaction medium.

Negzana

2024 has been really bad for Hololive graduations - Mel, A-Chan, Aqua. I swear to God I hope this is the last one I can't bear any more departures.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
since they seemed closer if Suisei or Towa leave then we know it's the company going to shit and not aqua, if they stay then it will more than likely be some minor stuff that only concerned aqua and the company, but we can only wait and see.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
I wonder if it's China or an undoable contract, I don't think shitty management could be the reason, she survived much worse.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
So, what does everyone think Aqua will do next? Is she going indie, or is she leaving vtubing entirely?

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
And to think that I used to snicker at girls bursting into tears when their favorite boybands break up.

Okay, I'm not in tears. Still, close enough.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I woke up and saw a notification that Bae retweeted a Aqua stream and instantly knew... I guess that's why she had streamed so many days in a row and she pushed herself to be more assertive lately. I guess this had been her plan for months now.
:ameraintear:

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
Minato Rratqua: Looks like being in Holo is just too much for her. The pressure of being "Minato Aqua" is just too much for her right now. She also has accomplished all that she can in Hololive (released an album, have her own solo concert, got 2M subs, played in an APEX tourney with her two friends, become besties with Pekora, got sponsored by Red Bull, etc ). There was a RRAT that Aqua got married when she went on her hiatus. If that is true then her husband is one lucky guy with always getting his butt kicked in videogames. Aqua's one of the best gamers of Hololive, she's a natural at any game she wants to play...

Fuck, I'm tearing up right now, too many memories of Aqu-tan.

All in all, RRAT or not, the Minato Aqua persona will graduate on the 28th with a 3D live. I expect that to break all sorts of records. This is the reality of vtubing, there will come a time where your oshi will graduate suddenly. Take care of them and for the love of God, don't be a Spanner about it. I'mma head out for a little while, need to cool off from this. This sucks but it is what it is. This is just a testament of how gargantuan Hololive has become. See you later bitches!
:ameraintear::ameraintear::ameraintear:

Negzana

since they seemed closer if Suisei or Towa leave then we know it's the company going to shit and not aqua, if they stay then it will more than likely be some minor stuff that only concerned aqua and the company, but we can only wait and see.
I don't know if Suisei would want to leave even if she wished to. Suisei is her own character and Cover seems to own it, doesn't want to lose what she herself created.

akaaoi

On the plus side, if she is leaving due to differences in opinion then the chances for a reincarnation is probably higher than a flat-out retirement.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

So, what does everyone think Aqua will do next? Is she going indie, or is she leaving vtubing entirely?
She'll probably pop up with a character to play when she wants to stream again, but I would not expect her to actually regenerate.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
You're fine. Cover's structure means outside investors have basically no say.

Guess Tuesday early is a good day for this not to break the forum.

Edit: Cover tried their best to keep Coco. The Onion must have wanted something very different or is just at the normal retirement point for Idols. While she won't have FU amounts of money, she probably doesn't have to work again a day in her life. That does a lot to the way people think, especially if she wants to move on in life.
Wait for this month's superchat tally, if the talks are true, Hololive doesn't take their cuts on last streams.

Edit: Man all this, makes me worried a future where there's no Korone, Subaru, Marine, Pekora, or even Fauna.

PekoWick

Being indie is possible she doesn't sound like she's done streaming. Vspo is also possible but highly unlikely.

Stunned But Dumb

I don't know if Suisei would want to leave even if she wished to. Suisei is her own character and Cover seems to own it, doesn't want to lose what she herself created.

Iirc, Suisei has said that she doesn't mind leaving if she found that Cover couldn't support her endeavors anymore.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
at times like these that one korone clip just shows up in my mind telling me to cherish my oshis

as sad as it is the memories of akutan will never go away and im really thankful for that

niggaphil

why all this shit happened when the proctor is sleeping????

Anyway, good luck to Aqua. Wish her has a better career and journey in the future

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Move Aquaposts to an event thread? Y/N.

Negzana

I'm going to miss all the slayer of Rushia memes.

So that means all the first 5 generations have 4 members now.

God's Strongest Dragoon

The months of fire claim another victim, Aqua of all people

I wonder what is she not happy with the direction of Hololive.

Too much idol work?
Not enough idol work?
Too much corpo stuff? (sponsors, etc)
I'm very concerned it might be the return to China. If that's the case, hopefully this isn't just the first to come.

Top Bottom