Status
Not open for further replies.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
No.

I guess it depends right? If we want to do something for both events, we could have everyone draw some what would be very poor but well intentioned birthday fanart, and maybe some sort of best of compilation from the last year of everyone's favorite streams and clips? If we wanted to just do the anniversary we could combine the two into one project, anniversary art and clips together.
this is a discord tier idea i love it

RedRage

kingcaid

Drunk guy from tonight left an amusing drunk comment.

RedRage

diethylether

bird molecule
Thanks? I think?
I assume he's referring to the capippalist discord? they seem to do a lot of community event stuff for pippa, like the snowmen the other day

RedRage

I assume he's referring to the capippalist discord? they seem to do a lot of community event stuff for pippa, like the snowmen the other day
Right, just don't know if thats a good thing or not lol, it is discord after all. :smugpipi:

formerly pipkin (Parody)

I thought there was no picture my vpn was shitting itself :shiinastare:
e: huh, looks fun from pc
nah the original file was too large.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
I'm gonna ramble a bit about what can be done for Pippa's birthday, since there's a couple of options, but they all really depend on one or two members of the community properly organizing it, and we don't really have a proper organizer this time around. This community has never been particularly "creative" aside from a few people who can draw (yes, including you Pipkun). We also don't really have any musical people or people familiar with mixing, so a group-cover of Pippa the Ripper a-la 4chan Sings would probably be unrealistic. And the only people who would've been capable of good web dev have left. We're kinda working with a lot more holes in our community than we did last time.

I personally would be willing to use my knowledge of Reaper and some black magic to get a "TVA Sings" together, but I dunno if you guys wanna do that, especially since it'd be revealing all of our voices. I know how to anonymize the process somewhat if people just wanna sing without putting names to voices, but then again, I dunno how many of you would be willing to sing. I could probably also include people playing instruments if they'd rather do that.

I think the most important thing here is hitting something that's uniquely "Virtual Asylum". 4chan already has 4chan Sings and their own little collages, and the Capipicord always has the extreme effort put in by simps to make something unique like a billboard or a highly-edited long-form video. Something somewhere in the middle, that allows us with our slightly higher level of coordination to get something more interesting done, would probably be best.

...Now, this might be a cursed idea, but what happened with that roleplay stream showed that some of us are willing to go out of our way to be a bit silly with the forum format. Maybe we could do a kind of "sequel" to last year's project, and instead of making just a joke webpage, we could make our own little joke "forum", in the style of those old roleplay forums that she browsed. It wouldn't be an actual forum - it'd just be for show - but we could add a whole bunch of custom CSS and signatures and stuff and have it be explorable like an actual forum. One thread for thank yous and messages for Pippa, another to show off silly little things we did, another for "joking" roleplay, etc. I'd be willing to mess around with CSS stuff to get it properly themed, since generally those smaller PHPBB forums or whatever are pretty cheap and easy to manipulate compared to full neocities-style HTML wizardry.

Feel free to continue spitballing ideas.

4rek8w.png

kfdc26.jpg

:hic:ILOVE AME AND MUMEI:orly:
2daudv.jpg

:smugpipi:Pippa a cute!:smugpipi:

And remember,
ciah3e.jpg

Traps aren't gay~!

diethylether

bird molecule
Right, just don't know if thats a good thing or not lol, it is discord after all. :smugpipi:
idk, people bitch and moan about discord way too much. Yeah the devs are fags and centralized services suck dick, I wish there was a better alternative, but to keep up with different friend groups it's still by far the best tool available. In most of the smaller, gatekept community discords I browse, people behave like here or 4chan anyways. It's only the open community servers that end up getting invaded by fags, so the owners put up rules so they won't get banned.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
idk, people bitch and moan about discord way too much. Yeah the devs are fags and centralized services suck dick, I wish there was a better alternative

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
idk, people bitch and moan about discord way too much. Yeah the devs are fags and centralized services suck dick, I wish there was a better alternative, but to keep up with different friend groups it's still by far the best tool available. In most of the smaller, gatekept community discords I browse, people behave like here or 4chan anyways. It's only the open community servers that end up getting invaded by fags, so the owners put up rules so they won't get banned.
Discord the software isn't a problem (beyond China reading your messages, but that's true for everything nowadays), it's a perfectly serviceable Skype alternative with some convenient features on top. The problem is server culture; they're public, but there's a barrier to entry so they don't get picked up by search engines, which makes people feel comfortable doing retarded shit under their known usernames. I tend not to use livechats much these days outside of one-on-one messages with friends and a couple of servers that've been unusually under control for years, because I find even at their 'best' (not full of infighting and/or politisperging) open-invite servers make for awkward small talk between people who really don't have much of a reason to be acquainted beyond one or two mutual interests in the first place.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Thinking about the passage of time makes me realize that we should probably begin planning, or at least brainstorming, some kind of project for the anniversary like we did last year, but uh, our nigga who organized and collected us band of autists to actually make something quit the site in November (RIP @Punished Anime Discusser) and I'm not sure if we can wrangle ourselves to get off our asses again for something. I'm hopeful, though!
A anniversary project is a good idea, and it's equally a good idea to start work early.

My initial thought is to make an Phase Connect-themed RPG Maker game.
  • The old RPG Maker engines are cheap (only a few dollars), and fairly easy to work with (there are tutorials and help manuals online). Users can contribute stuff like design ideas, dialog, graphics, maps, playtest, or even just reference ideas for each of the talents, so there's a lot of different places people can contribute, and there's fairly low barriers to entry, including plenty of options that don't cost money.
  • We would start on a small scale. By small-scale, I mean Gen 1 talents as characters, some gear for characters to equip, a few different skills that each of them have, some enemies to fight and maybe two or three bosses, a short story and a low level cap (say, level 10). Once we're happy with that, we can add more stuff, depending on how much time we have. That could include more talents or simply more things like skills, items, levels, and so forth.
  • Since we'd be doing all of Gen 1, rather than just Pippa, our project can be presented to the other talents too.

So, is this an idea other people think would be good, and would be interested in contributing to?

diethylether

bird molecule
The problem is server culture; they're public, but there's a barrier to entry so they don't get picked up by search engines, which makes people feel comfortable doing retarded shit under their known usernames.
I see what you mean, so it's more of a general private group chat issue.

I tend not to use livechats much these days outside of one-on-one messages with friends and a couple of servers that've been unusually under control for years, because I find even at their 'best' (not full of infighting and/or politisperging) open-invite servers make for awkward small talk between people who really don't have much of a reason to be acquainted beyond one or two mutual interests in the first place.
Idk, it's one of the few ways to make friends online these days. You barely talk to other players online anymore, even in mmorpgs. I find it difficult joining guilds even. Joining a community discord for a niche interests is often the only way to get to know other people interested in it beyond using shit like reddit, which is unfortunately dominated by fags. But I also know what you mean about meeting people you wouldn't really want to talk to in general, and you're sort of awkwardly stuffed into a box with them. But where isn't that the case?
I mean I'm glad I found TVA. I don't really browse 4chan anymore and vtuber discords are filled with insufferable people that I can only tolerate so much. Though I feel like a stranger sometimes too, since this forum was born from KF, which I never actively browsed at all.

Eat em and breed em

I need help
she's up early today, or she didn't sleep yet

Wish i could chime in on these ideas but I am immensely useless when it comes to stuff like this

Last edited:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Palworld roadmap released, immediate updates will be to fix the issues people are having, improve Pal AI and pathing, which should help ease concerns of them taking the money and running (twitter freaks seething)

Outside of new Pals, Islands, Building improvements, technologies, PVP and regular bosses will be Raid Bosses - and from one of their earlier dev blogs, they want these fights to take a guild to complete, so fishman will be forced to ally with the army of sad girls that he scorned by spawn camping the current set of bosses

Wouldn't it be funny if they rebelled against him, and fought the raid bosses with each other by intentionally leaving him out of the groups? Just a little hee-hee, ha ha, of course. He could always modify the server settings so that Raid Bosses can be taken on readily by one person, or he could go on a eugenics arc to breed a Pal powerful enough to take them on, it's content all the way down.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Wouldn't it be funny if they rebelled against him, and fought the raid bosses with each other by intentionally leaving him out of the groups? Just a little hee-hee, ha ha, of course.

Every last one of them would be sent to the coffee mines for one month minimum. That or he'd just take down the server and replace it with more Minecraft.

diethylether

bird molecule
I'm finally catching up on saturdays vod and Pippa arguing with Kirsche is almost giving me a stroke, dear god :shiinastare:

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
Pippas rtweeting art of her as the domnatrix magical girl (knew she'd like that show)

xX_KenpachiNarutoSlayer420_Xx

A anniversary project is a good idea, and it's equally a good idea to start work early.

My initial thought is to make an Phase Connect-themed RPG Maker game.
  • The old RPG Maker engines are cheap (only a few dollars), and fairly easy to work with (there are tutorials and help manuals online). Users can contribute stuff like design ideas, dialog, graphics, maps, playtest, or even just reference ideas for each of the talents, so there's a lot of different places people can contribute, and there's fairly low barriers to entry, including plenty of options that don't cost money.
  • We would start on a small scale. By small-scale, I mean Gen 1 talents as characters, some gear for characters to equip, a few different skills that each of them have, some enemies to fight and maybe two or three bosses, a short story and a low level cap (say, level 10). Once we're happy with that, we can add more stuff, depending on how much time we have. That could include more talents or simply more things like skills, items, levels, and so forth.
  • Since we'd be doing all of Gen 1, rather than just Pippa, our project can be presented to the other talents too.

So, is this an idea other people think would be good, and would be interested in contributing to?
There is a discord called Phase Jam which is dedicated to making stuff like this (and Pippa and others have played some of their games on stream), so if we made it as per your suggestion, it would probably end up looking similar to one of their works unless there were assorted silly "here" memes like meatposting in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom