"One screw up can really screw you up."IRyS

[Live] PIPPAPOSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short

God Damn the Sun

2023-10-26 afewsaegasef.png

It wasn't very hard to figure it out, he straight up admitted it on /pcg/ so many hints right there, in our faces.
2023-10-26 asefsefge.png

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

Eat em and breed em

I need help
This is a turn i didn't expect for tonight

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)
There's also this 1k, a saga of incest, shit eating, and sex dolls, but I want to keep my apetite for now
1698291480553.png

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Perhaps @tempo could pass it along?
Good call - @tempo - I'm a 15+ year IT professional. See the below quote please.
I really wish I had some way to get a hold of Pippa to tell her two things.
1) INSIST on a technician/cable tech to come out and inspect all of the lines going from her house to the main trunk to make sure they aren't degraded in any way.
2) Upgrade to the business class internet package, not residential. It's a tax write off anyways, and typically those packages contain penalties against the ISP if their service suffers in any way.
ISPs are notoriously cheap when upgrading their infrastructure. They will do everything they can to not properly take care of their own cabling. Pippa's going to have to raise hell and push HARD that her internet is her professional lifeblood. She needs constant stable internet with a high UPLOAD speed. Download means nothing in what she's doing. She isn't a normal user, and they need to start giving her above average support.

Elira Pendora had a similar issue with an unhelpful ISP when she was starting out. It took an ambitious cable technician to walk the entire line to her house and figure out that A) the cables went through marshland, and B) they were laid originally in the 1970's. The cables fell apart in the techs hand. Once they were re-wired, her internet improved immediately.

but commercial internet is 1.) pricey and 2.) not any better if its in a residential area.

you get "better" customer service but its still the same wire to the same network box.
While this is true, the upgrade is mainly for the support side of things. She needs support above and beyond the normal residential user. She also needs a cellular backup to, at a minimum, be able to do low bitrate Zatsu streams if the main internet isn't working right. The ISP will be more willing to play ball and take everything she's doing seriously if she coughs up for the professional package. Plus, as I mentioned above, there are monetary penalties for the ISP if her internet cannot allow her to do her job to an acceptable degree.

Last edited:

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Good call - @tempo - I'm a 15+ year IT professional. ISPs are notoriously cheap when upgrading their infrastructure. They will do everything they can to not properly take care of their own cabling. Pippa's going to have to raise hell and push HARD that her internet is her professional lifeblood. She needs constant stable internet with a high UPLOAD speed. Download means nothing in what she's doing. She isn't a normal user, and they need to start giving her above average support.

While this is true, the upgrade is mainly for the support side of things. She needs support above and beyond the normal residential user. She also needs a cellular backup to, at a minimum, be able to do low bitrate Zatsu streams if the main internet isn't working right. The ISP will be more willing to play ball and take everything she's doing seriously if she coughs up for the professional package.
commerical support doesnt improve the physical lines if her neighborhood is a mess tho. you get little more than "reboot your modem" and "a tech will comeout for free within the window" but its not going to magically fix her physical cables being eaten by squirrels. if her neighborhood network trunk is old and shitty, theres nothing she can do.
in my experience its only needed if you need ports unblocked.

Topo Chico

well if you fellas want some stuff to end your evening besides investigating grooming tulpa discords there’s a man hunt in Maine for a mass shooter who may have claimed 22+ victims
E: happenings thread on the homelands 4 more info

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

famous artist pipkun

well if you fellas want some stuff to end your evening besides investigating grooming tulpa discords there’s a man hunt in Maine for a mass shooter who may have claimed 22+ victims
E: happenings thread on the homelands 4 more info

its a doozy

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Not directly Pippa related, but I would say it's close enough:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Pippenis Inspector

Tism Extraordinaire
300k Cuck Chair
commerical support doesnt improve the physical lines if her neighborhood is a mess tho. you get little more than "reboot your modem" and "a tech will comeout for free within the window" but its not going to magically fix her physical cables being eaten by squirrels. if her neighborhood network trunk is old and shitty, theres nothing she can do.
in my experience its only needed if you need ports unblocked.
Depending on the contract the provider can be heavily fined for breaking SLA. This plus the fear of losing the extra pay from the increased monthly rate provides financial incentive for them to actually fix their shit. As it is now she's just another asshole who will in all likelihood come crawling back in a few months anyway.

SZ 109

She isn't a normal user, and they need to start giving her above average support.
Depending on the location, they may very well be the only choice anyway, or all be managed by the same parent company.
What's she gonna do, take her business elsewhere? Cancel her subscription?

Last edited:

famous artist pipkun

Depending on the contract the provider can be heavily fined forbreaking SLA. This plus the fear of losing the extra pay from the increased monthly rate provides financial incentive for them to actually fix their shit. As it is now she's just another asshole who will in all likelihood come crawling back in a few months anyway.
once they fix the physical line, customer service between residential and commercial internet isn't that different in terms of what they do over the phone. the only difference is that residential has a bunch of ports blocked whereas commercial is completely open. data caps, speeds and all that shit are pretty similar.

one problem i had is that my isp
makes me use their router if i want high speeds. i plugged my own router into their modem, set up the ips and gateway and cant get speeds. so im double routered and had fix that double nas shit.

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Depending on the location, they may very well be the only choice anyway, or all be managed by the same parent company.
What's she gonna do, take her business elsewhere? Cancel her subscription?
aaf.png

Unironically, if she can't get it resolved she needs to move if she wants it to improve. And she needs to treat ISP and type of internet as a top 3 issue for choosing a new house. Preferably focusing on places where brand new fiber internet access has been laid to guarantee the best backbone possible.

Her only other choice would be to rent a small commercial space she can convert into a studio to stream from. Which I cannot forsee Pippa EVER doing.

Last edited:

Topo Chico

aaf.png

Unironically, if she can't get it resolved she needs to move if she wants it to improve. And she needs to treat ISP and type of internet as a top 3 issue for choosing a new house. Preferably focusing on places where brand new fiber internet access has been laid to guarantee the backbone possible.

Her only other choice would be to rent a small commercial space she can convert into a studio to stream from. Which I cannot forsee Pippa EVER doing.
Luckily she’s been looking to move!

SZ 109

aaf.png

Unironically, if she can't get it resolved she needs to move if she wants it to improve. And she needs to treat ISP and type of internet as a top 3 issue for choosing a new house. Preferably focusing on places where brand new fiber internet access has been laid to guarantee the best backbone possible.

I think moving is the only realistic option, because the ISP probably has absolutely no motivation to do anything about it, so if they don't do something out of principle if asked nicely, there aren't really many options.

If they know the physical lines are falling apart, they can either:
1) Let her take the business plan, and in exchange for the small subscription price increase spend big dollars redoing the cabling. They gain no additional customers or revenue otherwise. Or,
2) Forgo the revenue of the higher subscription plan and do nothing, with no other competitors to lose the customers to anyway; until they are forced to act by a competitor trying to enter the area, which they will respond by threatening and litigating them instead.

It feels like a cop-out answer, but I really can't think of other solutions.

famous artist pipkun

I think moving is the only realistic option, because the ISP probably has absolutely no motivation to do anything about it, so if they don't do something out of principle if asked nicely, there aren't really many options.

If they know the physical lines are falling apart, they can either:
1) Let her take the business plan, and in exchange for the small subscription price increase spend big dollars redoing the cabling. They gain no additional customers or revenue otherwise. Or,
2) Forgo the revenue of the higher subscription plan and do nothing, with no other competitors to lose the customers to anyway; until they are forced to act by a competitor trying to enter the area, which they will respond by threatening and litigating them instead.

It feels like a cop-out answer, but I really can't think of other solutions.
she can always get dsl or starlink

Topo Chico

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
I'm going to go with the wildly out-there crazy speculative theory that maybe it actually has nothing to do with her Internet or ISP and it's instead being caused by her computer being a mangled unmanaged mess of shit constantly open in the background that she never closes or deals with/it's generally a shitbox that might not have proper updates or drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom