"Personally, I don't like gay people"Pipkin Pippa

Idol Corp - Sniffing out the most golden and smoky controversies in the vtubing industry.

x Hades Stamps

What im concerned about is the withholding of her money to sign a non-disparagement agreement as it was her money that she earned through her work it and wasn't idol money to withhold. If they wanted to buy her silence, then they were well within their right to do so, but not with her wages.
Yeah, that sounds like extortion to me. Legality seems very questionable. What is for definite, however, is that ethically, it is absolutely not OK.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Brave (1).png
Progress so far, as you can see it is not nearly as easy to follow and pristine as Holo...
and if anyone wonders why everything is crammed into one corner, just know that this isn't even A THIRD of what Brave owns or used to own... I have also taken a bit of a more historical approach to these by including more explanations of corpo evolution, while that does detract from readability it also does add valuable information and context.

Edit: That moment when you foolishly think VSPO would be simple to add... but god says "HA! YA WISH!"

Last edited:

x Hades Stamps

View attachment 75179
Progress so far, as you can see it is not nearly as easy to follow and pristine as Holo...
and if anyone wonders why everything is crammed into one corner, just know that this isn't even A THIRD of what Brave owns or used to own...
Wow. Considering that’s not even a third, dang, they own/owned a lot.

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
View attachment 75179
and if anyone wonders why everything is crammed into one corner, just know that this isn't even A THIRD of what Brave owns or used to own... I have also taken a bit of a more historical approach to these by including more explanations of corpo evolution, while that does detract from readability it also does add valuable information and context.

Edit: That moment when you foolishly think VSPO would be simple to add... but god says "HA! YA WISH!"
-Brave bought out IdolEN, providing money to a rich Israeli with rumored connections to the Israeli government

-Brave entered a business partnership with viviON, which is partially owned/controlled by GEO group

-GEO group is partially owned/controlled by BlackRock

How far down does this rabbit hole go? :pomuStare:

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
View attachment 75179

Bonnie had a rundown stream on Brave Group just a while ago and a couple of charts of her own, might help:

Screenshot_20240804-123114~2.jpg

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
-Brave bought out IdolEN, providing money to a rich Israeli with rumored connections to the Israeli government

-Brave entered a business partnership with viviON, which is partially owned/controlled by GEO group

-GEO group is partially owned/controlled by BlackRock

How far down does this rabbit hole go? :pomuStare:
One way or another Lockheed Martin is somehow involved

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Aye welcome back you beautiful filipino menace.
I actually need to have the habit of putting the words in Minecraft or else I'll become SEA Nolan

Which is even worse than a nolan

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Nux has an Idol source he alluded to the buyout a month ago
It speaks to his credibility as someone who has information when he teases what he knows about anything in the community

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Maybe he did, but I can't see myself caring if he doesn't leak it before it gets announced.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I agree, but for a company that prides itself on its image, this would have been a serious issue if it had come out at the time of termination rather than now. That public letter from Idol was nuclear, and if she decided to release that they were withholding her wage and silencing her, then it would have gotten much uglier, and that was a fight she could have won monetarily if what she was saying was true. She had "good" leverage to fight back, but I believe she didn't want the public shit fight at the time, so she just let Idol dictate the terms, and now that Idol is at its weakest, she's going to go public, with what she was seething about in private.

It'd still be a Spain-based Spanish citizen that's contracted with a company (in Israel or did they have an EU sub-company?). By first striking by Idol, it'd have been a years long legal fight, which is trying to get, say, 10k out of a company by spending 100k while also being very unlikely to ever recover. Taking the cash and signing the document was the proper monetary play. Strategic play? A bit more questionable.

True, there are many illegal deals forced just because they could. Problem is, it's all fingers-crossed and praying it won't bite them in the ass tomorrow. It really takes just one person pissed off enough to topple the sandcastle. I.E. in this situation she could've spill every single detail in response to termination laundry list letter and Aviel would lose.

Updated rrat is: slimy jew paid LM under false pretense to stop him from talking about Riro shitshow.

It's the "not worth our time" type of stuff that's really annoying. Obviously, one can get away with a lot of things until a threshold is reached, at which things change. If Aviel was already looking for the exit, he didn't really care about the long-term.

As for the rrat, good chance that's correct, as Aviel just needed to keep the company clean enough to execute the exit.

Yeah, that sounds like extortion to me. Legality seems very questionable. What is for definite, however, is that ethically, it is absolutely not OK.

At least in the States, I think it would only count under Fraud, as much of it is functionally civil contract stuff. But, it comes from the same approach, just a question of means.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
tl;dr Idol refused to pay her until she signed a non-disparagement agreement. It just makes the one-sided public shaming termination notice that much more malicious.
At the time it happened, I felt like Idol's termination statement, while harsh, was necessary, because you really don't want to be in any way associated with drugs, yet alone prostitution.

But doing it while forcing the talent to sign such an agreement does not sit right with me.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
It speaks to his credibility as someone who has information when he teases what he knows about anything in the community

LOL, everyone called buyout many months ago, his source is late to the party.

At least in the States, I think it would only count under Fraud, as much of it is functionally civil contract stuff. But, it comes from the same approach, just a question of means.
US law is very lenient when it comes to anything business-related. In most of the world, any fraud is criminal by definition.

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
There's a bit of a Game Theory mistake being made here. When you have to leverage Legal Avenues to get money you're owed, you're in effect taking a hair cut on that value. Depending how annoying the other side wants to be, it might cost you more than you'd likely recover even if you get legal fees covered. The non-disparagement wasn't because Idol should, but it was mostly likely because they were sitting on money and they could extract a concession for not being assholes about it. While both unethical and, in some places, probably illegal, it doesn't mean they couldn't. It's a topic that comes up when you have money, generally, and you can simply be put in a situation where paying someone off is the more prudent action. "Positional Leverage" I think is a version of the technical term in negotiation analysis.

Insert the obvious jokes here about the situation, though this is common practice with any asshole business people, quite regardless of race or religion.
I agree with this. Suing a company for unpaid wages? Alright, let's say it'll take a little off the top. Suing an Israeli company from what I presume would be Spain? If I keep torturing the metaphor, that would be more like a decapitation.

E: I didn't read the page I'm currently on before making this post, and now I look like a fool who posted his own reply back at him.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
I have a chance to ask a former talent questions about Idol. I'd like to know if anyone here has suggestions or things they'd like commentary on.

Serious questions only; I'm trying to take advantage of a rare and valuable opportunity, not waste time with memes or jokes.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
I have a chance to ask a former talent questions about Idol. I'd like to know if anyone here has suggestions or things they'd like commentary on.

Serious questions only; I'm trying to take advantage of a rare and valuable opportunity, not waste time with memes or jokes.
Here's my question.

"Was it worth it?"

JusticeDog

Don't expect much of an answer but:

When did things start to go downhill (financially) in Idol?

Were the posts Aviel made showing off his generous contract actually true? (Both in terms of the real contract and in practice)

If you were still in Idol, would you join Brave or leave?

Bronze

Partnership led to buyout, sure, but I don't think Idol's created just to be sold to Brave. Realistic or not, what was the vision of the company, if it ever had one? I'm curious what a talent thinks of it.

I guess HE branch itself is an interesting topic too.

Tubedude

If said talent is willing to talk on it, what was their view on Tomer? Was he the linchpin for stuff actually working, since from the outside it looked like a lot of issues started around when Tomer got canned.

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer

Did Idol issue new guidelines or remind talents of existing ones regarding parasocial/horny (read: yukoesque) behavior?

Top Bottom