"I took 15...15 minutes with...with your mom and your dad and your sister and your dog!"Remilia Nephys

Idol Corp - Sniffing out the most golden and smoky controversies in the vtubing industry.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
PLEASE FUCKING SAVE ME HOLY SHIT THIS IS WAY MORE COMPLICATED THAN I THOUGHT!!! AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I like to imagine this is how Aviel opened up the talks for Brave acquiring Idol.
:smugmoona:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
PLEASE FUCKING SAVE ME HOLY SHIT THIS IS WAY MORE COMPLICATED THAN I THOUGHT!!! AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
God's Weakest Autist :botanheadshake:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I like to imagine this is how Aviel opened up the talks for Brave acquiring Idol.
:smugmoona:
9fa685f0932e69e22270adca7762e2343ceb1d75_hq.jpg
God's Weakest Autist :botanheadshake:
SHUT THE FUCK UP NIGGA WHY IS MOEMI YOMENO IN AOGIRI HIGHSCHOOL NOW? WHY DOES FUCKING EILIENE HAVE TO BE FACTORED INTO THIS TOO? I ALREADY TO PUT BANDAI NAMCO IN THIS SHIT FFS!

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Just put the vtuber corpos in one side of the chart and the rest in the other

Stunned But Dumb

Imagine beating the tutorial and then level skipping straight to the final boss.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Imagine beating the tutorial and then level skipping straight to the final boss.
Now I feel like making some minor additions to Holo's, specifically Suisei's indie status, Activ8's involvement with Azki and BiliBili's involvement with the CN branch. If I can string Holo to Activ8 and Bili then I can probably create a hideous web of relationships between all of the 7 biggest JP corpos of Pre-2020 (Holo, Niji, Upd8, Entum, .Live, 774, Brave)

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Untitled.png

Move over Yagoo, Fishman and Gunrun. The CHAD hairdresser CEO is here! Bro must work so hard every day! He looks so sleepy!
proof!.png
This may the only proof there is that Azki was indeed involved with Upd8, but for fucks sake it doesn't give any context as to how or when that relationship was obviously ended... bros, I'm so fucking deep in this shit now, the old crusty vtuber history and corpo dealings have begun rotting my brain, I may not make it, please scatter my ashes during a Nene stream...

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
This is probably worth crossposting here.

Ky0resu spoke about her experience in Idol. Main thing is that she had to sign papers or else she won't get paid for months of income. Also said she talked to someone still in Idol for a long while after her termination and mentioned the terminated talents.

tl;dr Idol refused to pay her until she signed a non-disparagement agreement. It just makes the one-sided public shaming termination notice that much more malicious.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

This is probably worth crossposting here.

tl;dr Idol refused to pay her until she signed a non-disparagement agreement. It just makes the one-sided public shaming termination notice that much more malicious.
Hmm... Idol doesn't exist anymore and the contract is null & void as a result?

:ameliaThink:

Hff201

Early Adopter

She said she's going back over the contracts with a lawyer and might have more to say later. Realistically she probably is an unstable menhera at the very least, but on principle, I want her to be able to give her side of the story. Idol completely assassinating her character after coercing her into signing away her right to respond leaves a really vile taste in my mouth.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
She said she's going back over the contracts with a lawyer and might have more to say later. Realistically she probably is an unstable menhera at the very least, but on principle, I want her to be able to give her side of the story. Idol completely assassinating her character after coercing her into signing away her right to respond leaves a really vile taste in my mouth.
I'm wondering how much of an unstable menhera Ky0resu actually is, and how much of our perception of that is because of Aviel shit-talking her without her being able to defend herself. She's abided by the contracts she signed, even if they were incredibly shitty, and sShe's talking to lawyers to make sure she knows her place legally before she says anything. That doesn't seem to be the actions of someone who's that unstable or menhera to me.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy

Idol "corp" was Aviel's LLC, so yes. Maybe still technically exist, but in a process of liquidation.

dafuq june to november? This is very clear contract breach from idol, then NDA to get the money? This is going into criminal law territory. BTW one-sided NDA is almost automatically void, any judge will throw it out immediately, even equal NDA will be thrown out as it was a subject of extortion.

As i said, 2024 turns out to be a year of great cleanse.

Last edited:

JusticeDog

Even if she can now reveal everything, how much of it will be the full truth? Idol can't defend itself either now, so she could say anything she wants to save herself.

As shitty as silencing her is, she must have done  something to force them to fire her when Idol had basically zero limits to what they allowed people to do back then.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
I'm wondering how much of an unstable menhera Ky0resu actually is, and how much of our perception of that is because of Aviel shit-talking her without her being able to defend herself. She's abided by the contracts she signed, even if they were incredibly shitty, and sShe's talking to lawyers to make sure she knows her place legally before she says anything. That doesn't seem to be the actions of someone who's that unstable or menhera to me.
Look, im willing to believe she's fucking crazy and was fucking that one manager given how idol shit canned him as well. What im concerned about is the withholding of her money to sign a non-disparagement agreement as it was her money that she earned through her work it and wasn't idol money to withhold. If they wanted to buy her silence, then they were well within their right to do so, but not with her wages.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Look, im willing to believe she's fucking crazy and was fucking that one manager given how idol shit canned him as well. What im concerned about is the withholding of her money to sign a non-disparagement agreement as it was her money that she earned through her work it and wasn't idol money to withhold. If they wanted to buy her silence, then they were well within their right to do so, but not with her wages.
Aviel had no money to use to buy her silence though.

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
So much for transparent and ethical methodologies. Goes to show you being the loudest about how great of a company you are while withholding payment and shit-talking former employees via using the NDA to keep them quiet. Go swim in the Cocytus, Aviel.

Hff201

Early Adopter
She's probably cleaned up her act a bit since she's had the spotlight on her after her termination, but the "silly pills" stream still happened, and it did seem like she was spiralling at the time. I don't think she's a bad person at all, and she definitely came out of this looking better than Idol to me, but I don't think the initial fallout between her and Idol came out of nowhere.

Even if she can now reveal everything, how much of it will be the full truth? Idol can't defend itself either now, so she could say anything she wants to save herself.

As shitty as silencing her is, she must have done  something to force them to fire her when Idol had basically zero limits to what they allowed people to do back then.
I'm inclined to believe there was something happening between her and Tomer since they ditched him at the same time, and that's obviously something they had to intervene with because letting that continue in what's supposed to be a professional environment would lead to problems later; but the question is what exactly was happening between them. The termination notice described it as a "secretive relationship" and listed it directly below the accusation she was meeting up with fans and accepting gifts from them, which is vague enough for people to fill in the blanks and assuming they were fucking, but she's firmly denied that. For all we know they could've just been flirting on Discord or some shit, which, while still inappropriate, is far from what most people would take away from the notice.

Asking her to sign a non-disparagement wouldn't be as big of an issue if they also maintained a level of decorum and just put out a clean "we are parting ways" statement when they fired her, there's nothing wrong with a mutual agreement to remain professional and not cause each other any headaches. The problem is that they forced her into silence, then went ahead and called her a drugged-up whore once she couldn't defend herself - turning what could have been mutual peace of mind into a one-sided act of malice.

Aviel had the chance to set the tone for how this conversation would go, and his first move was a statement that publicly shamed her. I'd like to think she wouldn't lie about what happened now (and really, it wouldn't benefit her to, the company's dead now so it's not like she could "cancel" someone who already stepped down), but if she manages to lawyer her way around the non-disparagement and goes straight for the jugular rather than keeping it civil, I'd understand why.

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Aviel had no money to use to buy her silence though.

There's a bit of a Game Theory mistake being made here. When you have to leverage Legal Avenues to get money you're owed, you're in effect taking a hair cut on that value. Depending how annoying the other side wants to be, it might cost you more than you'd likely recover even if you get legal fees covered. The non-disparagement wasn't because Idol should, but it was mostly likely because they were sitting on money and they could extract a concession for not being assholes about it. While both unethical and, in some places, probably illegal, it doesn't mean they couldn't. It's a topic that comes up when you have money, generally, and you can simply be put in a situation where paying someone off is the more prudent action. "Positional Leverage" I think is a version of the technical term in negotiation analysis.

Insert the obvious jokes here about the situation, though this is common practice with any asshole business people, quite regardless of race or religion.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
There's a bit of a Game Theory mistake being made here. When you have to leverage Legal Avenues to get money you're owed, you're in effect taking a hair cut on that value. Depending how annoying the other side wants to be, it might cost you more than you'd likely recover even if you get legal fees covered. The non-disparagement wasn't because Idol should, but it was mostly likely because they were sitting on money and they could extract a concession for not being assholes about it. While both unethical and, in some places, probably illegal, it doesn't mean they couldn't. It's a topic that comes up when you have money, generally, and you can simply be put in a situation where paying someone off is the more prudent action. "Positional Leverage" I think is a version of the technical term in negotiation analysis.

Insert the obvious jokes here about the situation, though this is common practice with any asshole business people, quite regardless of race or religion.
I agree, but for a company that prides itself on its image, this would have been a serious issue if it had come out at the time of termination rather than now. That public letter from Idol was nuclear, and if she decided to release that they were withholding her wage and silencing her, then it would have gotten much uglier, and that was a fight she could have won monetarily if what she was saying was true. She had "good" leverage to fight back, but I believe she didn't want the public shit fight at the time, so she just let Idol dictate the terms, and now that Idol is at its weakest, she's going to go public, with what she was seething about in private.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy

True, there are many illegal deals forced just because they could. Problem is, it's all fingers-crossed and praying it won't bite them in the ass tomorrow. It really takes just one person pissed off enough to topple the sandcastle. I.E. in this situation she could've spill every single detail in response to termination laundry list letter and Aviel would lose.

Updated rrat is: slimy jew paid LM under false pretense to stop him from talking about Riro shitshow.

Top Bottom