"I'm more of a 'I'm gonna do it until it kills me' type of person!"Chisaka Airi

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
This whole "your vtuber has a secret boyfriend" has to be one of the worst discussions out of this year, NGL.
It's become the new "they're all 40 year old men with voice-changers"

Eureka

Murray Is live with more The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom for today

DeniaL_ei Is live with a birthday stream today!!!

Wellful of Wails

I don't give a shit what sex someone is in a collab or if the talking head I'm watching on a side monitor is dating someone (although on-stream PDAs should be avoided, imo, mostly because they're awkward enough already). Fuck unicorns.
I do think it is an L - although not a show-stopper - if someone outright says they are single and they are not. That's just straight up a lie. Don't lie to your audience. The vast majority of vtubers, especially corporate ones, know to omit this information entirely; it doesn't need to come up, so it doesn't, meaning there's no lie, regardless of their content.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Jamie, pull up the Enna virgin mention chart for me.
i mean it was obvious from story number 1.

sleep over with two lesbians who she even admits directly asked her to try it. (or was it one? idk) there's zero chance nothing happened. bitch she might be but shes not a very good fabricator of fictions.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Just like don't lie to your fans, m'kay? All there is to it, yeah?

Punished Lurker

i mean it was obvious from story number 1.

sleep over with two lesbians who she even admits directly asked her to try it. (or was it one? idk) there's zero chance nothing happened. bitch she might be but shes not a very good fabricator of fictions.
I think I remember that one, wasn't it something about it being a sleepover and the two girls starting to make out before they asked her if she wanted to join?
I honestly don't want to spend my time thinking whether that's a fake or incomplete story,or if she's actually a virgin or not, as long as Enna doesn't reproduce I think I'll be okay

niggaphil

This whole "your vtuber has a secret boyfriend" has to be one of the worst discussions out of this year, NGL.
Woke up and see all of these stupid secret bf discussion, really makes me question the human stupidity.

Viewers have a better chances to buy a Vtuber Onahole and fuck it instead of being the Vtuber boyfriend.

Why these unicorns are so obsessed with it???

They should :kaelaGetSomeHelp: or :tenmakys:

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Enya's on and this is some serious SOVL:

Look who showed up though:
crush.PNG

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
Woke up and see all of these stupid secret bf discussion, really makes me question the human stupidity.

Viewers have a better chances to buy a Vtuber Onahole and fuck it instead of being the Vtuber boyfriend.

It's also just a boring topic that keeps getting brought up for some reason lol. Just fucking enjoy them as the entertainment they are instead of worrying so much about fucking Schrodinger's boyfriend/girlfriend.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
It's also just a boring topic that keeps getting brought up for some reason lol. Just fucking enjoy them as the entertainment they are instead of worrying so much about fucking Schrodinger's boyfriend/girlfriend.
Mister rrat, my oshi will never even know I exist, let's FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Yeah but the chaos that always happens is fucking hilarious.

If we combine our powers long enough, soon every one of us will have a BBC Enjoyer counterpart

:robertudrink:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Because it's better to fool yourself than accept the depressing as fuck reality that your bloodline ends with you and even a filthy worthless femoid with average looks and no skills or meaningful hobbies of any kind, who sells herself out to morons like you for a living will never know you exist. Vtubing is built on the social misery of millions of people, that's how it got so big so quickly.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Aleda streaming, hopefully actually making progress in SH tonight.

It's fine, she isnt white (only half) she can say it

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Just like don't lie to your fans, m'kay? All there is to it, yeah?
It really is all there is to it.
Playing devil's advocate, but I do get why it matters to some, especially fans of chuubas with smaller audiences. It's not necessarily about wanting to end up with them, as much as feeling that the respect and affection between a fanbase and the chuuba is to a degree, mutual.

A big part of the appeal of watching smaller chuubas (if you're not straight up trying to groom them) is the community and interaction. The idea that some secret boyfriend is seeing all this going on (as a mod or manager) would be genuinely bothersome to a fan, even if that fan knows that there will never be a real relationship between them and the chuuba.

In that respect, I don't necessarily agree with the notion that nothing a chuuba does off-stream matters. It still does. If it turns out that a VTuber was shittalking their fans on a private account and it leaked, it would still be a major yab and it would (rightfully) affect people's enjoyment of that chuuba.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
If your oshi is being porked then you should be glad she has actual human companionship or feel bad for the poor bastard that actually has to deal with her woman moments on a daily basis, no in betweens

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Her announcement was a warning of sorts.
TLDR: "I am doing this, I want to keep doing this, but I am not growing and it is not a viable career point. I may have to stop doing it to get a full-time job."

Honestly I think she fucked up by not exploiting her corpo persona whenever she could as an indie. Ton of people did not follow her PL when her corpo persona died because they did not know what happened or where she moved to.

If I remember correctly (and i could be wrong because i am too lazy to go back and look) she also messed up the jump ship-my corpo was bad maneuver.

• The corp had a explanation for her termination that was somewhat reasonable instead of a comical list including deez nuts.
  • The google doc explain her side and pointing the finger at her corp was realased at the same time as her corps new generation debuts so it made her seem like a petty disgruntled ex-employee ( i think it was the doc but i can't fully remember, it might have been her first stream back instead, but something happened at the same time as the debuts and the timing didn't make her look good).
  • If i remember correctly she didn't really have any receipts proving any thing she claimed.
  • Her time as Serafi had been full of sudden hiatuses and canceled streams that made her seem really flaky.
  • V&U didn't really have any other big pre exisiting drama
Also not a fuck up on her part but all this went down like 2-3 weeks before Selen's termination, so she got completely overshadowed.

Looking back i think her drama from a June were she tried to claim that Phase was better than Holo might have her trying to appeal to a new audience by making waves and looking edgy/anti-JP corp.

Azehara's clip of that.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
In that respect, I don't necessarily agree with the notion that nothing a chuuba does off-stream matters. It still does. If it turns out that a VTuber was shittalking their fans on a private account and it leaked, it would still be a major yab and it would (rightfully) affect people's enjoyment of that chuuba.
The only thing I care about off stream is shit that fucks with the chuuba's streaming. Shitty family, natural disasters, scammers, lawsuits and more. I have rrats but I write about them in my diary or speculate here and don't cry otherwise. I swear, Mio if you don't have a husband how can I be happy? For god's sake take care of her pancreatitis! I am a member of the hags for husbands/wives religion :holohag::hololove: PLEASE

Same goes for my 2views. The mutual respect should be a natural occurance. I like you and watching your streams and the "vtuber" likes that I am part of their community. If not, move on. Or move to a proven talent

Like Sora.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
I had never heard of this Kira Lily girl, but she has pipes 10/10:

Specialite Lumi is up

There's still a lot of heavy hitters in the last 12 hours of the relay:
relay1.PNG

relay2.PNG

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
It really is all there is to it.

Playing devil's advocate, but I do get why it matters to some, especially fans of chuubas with smaller audiences. It's not necessarily about wanting to end up with them, as much as feeling that the respect and affection between a fanbase and the chuuba is to a degree, mutual.

A big part of the appeal of watching smaller chuubas (if you're not straight up trying to groom them) is the community and interaction. The idea that some secret boyfriend is seeing all this going on (as a mod or manager) would be genuinely bothersome to a fan, even if that fan knows that there will never be a real relationship between them and the chuuba.

Honestly, when being in a relationship is an active demerit to people trying to get into the industry, it reflects worse on the community that encorages people to lie about their relationship status than it does the people that lie. If you really are a 1 or 2 view female VTuber trying build an audience, it is gonna be way harder to do so starting from nothing if you give yourself a crutch like admitting on stream to having an SO because of how the community is.

Genuine question:
What do people expect someone to do in a situation where they have 10 viewers in chat and they basically have to answer every single question thrown their way? If the question about having an SO gets thrown their way, what are they supposed to do? Smaller streamers do not have the luxury of having a sea of chat messages for those kinds of questions to get lost in. Answer truthfully and probably lose half their viewers? Dodge the question so that it is painfully obvious? Lie and risk a bigger shitshow in the future? Honestly, it is a pretty no-win scenario in my eyes. I just feel like choosing "answer truthfully" is a painfully naive take on the situation.

The actual real dumb move is to make your SO a mod and an active member or your community, though.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Honestly, when being in a relationship is an active demerit to people trying to get into the industry, it reflects worse on the community that encorages people to lie about their relationship status than it does the people that lie. If you really are a 1 or 2 view female VTuber trying build an audience, it is gonna be way harder to do so starting from nothing if you give yourself a crutch like admitting on stream to having an SO because of how the community is.

Genuine question:
What do people expect someone to do in a situation where they have 10 viewers in chat and they basically have to answer every single question thrown their way? If the question about having an SO gets thrown their way, what are they supposed to do? Smaller streamers do not have the luxury of having a sea of chat messages for those kinds of questions to get lost in. Answer truthfully and probably lose half their viewers? Dodge the question so that it is painfully obvious? Lie and risk a bigger shitshow in the future? Honestly, it is a pretty no-win scenario in my eyes. I just feel like choosing "answer truthfully" is a painfully naive take on the situation.

The actual real dumb move is to make your SO a mod and an active member or your community, though.

The best long term answer is to say my private life is not your concern unless i choose to share it with you, I am here to stream and entertain and the details of my social life are not relevant to either of those things.

I don't like unicorns either, but anyone building their community on GFE while dating deserves to have it blow in their face.

Top Bottom