Early Adopter
Strap in, Grimmis streaming the Silent Hill 2 remake from start to finish
6why7c.gif

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
:botanheadshake:

Clip tax:
Randon had an idea for a Euro Truck Simulator bit where he attempts to run a vtuber trafficking ring and gets beat up by interpol.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Strap in, Grimmis streaming the Silent Hill 2 remake from start to finish
6why7c.gif

I've been waiting for this ever since she first started geeking out about Silent Hill 2, while playing the original Silent Hill 2

this is going to be quality content all the way through

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Salado

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Update on the Shondo tweets - everyone's favourite VTuber Friend chimed in.

Archive

N

First of all "Industry secrets" STFU negroid, stop pretending you're some big brain insider. Nobody gives a shit about you in this industry apart from the few twitch whores and half-fleshie filth who have low enough standards to still allow your fatass to infest this hobby.

Secondly, I haven't commented on this because 1. Idc and 2. It's not my problem, but this whole situation is dumb as shit, I have seen some people trying to say that indies with managers are not indies now? It's funny and sad to me that people are trying to gatekeep an umbrella term for everything that isn't corpo, I guess some people have gotten so deep into /lig/ger culture that it has rotted their brains enough for them to believe you can gatekeep the "everything but" category. But it's obvious that most people are just pissed because their grooming victim discord kitten has already been claimed by someone else, and if they weren't aware of that already then I truly have lost faith in humanity.

G

Wellful of Wails

Didn't Panko say she doesn't speak italian on stream because she's afraid she'll start dropping slurs? An italian collab with Raora would be.. uh... something if so
Originally the excuse was she didn't want to speak Italian because regional dialects would give away what is presumably a very specific region. Over time when it became obvious where in Italy she lives anyway, that disintegrated, and now she does occasionally use complete Italian sentences, mostly to read donos written in Italian. I predict she's not far off (<6-8 months) from a mostly Italian stream by the progression of things.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
A while back some people had asked for Dinosaur Vtubers. This one popped up on my Youtube recommended. Small indie it seems from JP that has a live translator doing subtitles. Tiny chanel and small CCV but she's adorable.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Pam is up next in the relay:

Helkar

Update on the Shondo tweets - everyone's favourite VTuber Friend chimed in.

Archive

N

If he's going to "ruin immersion", might aswell start naming names:smugpipi:

But yeah, my guess would be that the harder a chuuba plays up the "i'm such a virgin girlfailure i just run away every time someone attempts to flirt with me, tee-hee"(using Numi here as an example, because she tries *way* too hard) the higher her body count probably is.

Overall though, viewers for whom a streamer having a BF is a dealbreaker should, realistically, not watch anyone - because even if your streamer doesn't have a BF now, she might've had one in the past, or might get one in the future. Why take the risk?

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Secondly, I haven't commented on this because 1. Idc and 2. It's not my problem, but this whole situation is dumb as shit, I have seen some people trying to say that indies with managers are not indies now? It's funny and sad to me that people are trying to gatekeep an umbrella term for everything that isn't corpo, I guess some people have gotten so deep into /lig/ger culture that it has rotted their brains enough for them to believe you can gatekeep the "everything but" category. But it's obvious that most people are just pissed because their grooming victim discord kitten has already been claimed by someone else, and if they weren't aware of that already then I truly have lost faith in humanity.
I think the original point that Shondo was making is a fair criticism, if a chick with like twenty CCV has a male "manager" he's obviously getting something out of it - it's a cynical attempt to play both sides, trying to appeal to unicorns/wannabe groomers while also having their boyfriend/fuckbuddy involved in their streams. It's so obvious what's happening and they're just insulting people's intelligence by lying about it.

Problem is, a bunch of people get insecure about it and will try to pile on with technicalities rather than just accepting it's a generalised stereotype that's probably right nine out of ten times - and then clout chasing retards like our favourite attention whore of colour here jump in on the other side to virtue-signal about it, trying to prove that he is One of the Good and Smart Ones who is above such trivial nonsense, because he already has the super secret knowledge that most vtubers have boyfriends.

E

Wellful of Wails

But yeah, my guess would be that the harder a chuuba plays up the "i'm such a virgin girlfailure i just run away every time someone attempts to flirt with me, tee-hee"(using Numi here as an example, because she tries *way* too hard) the higher her body count probably is.
Jamie, pull up the Enna virgin mention chart for me.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I think the original point that Shondo was making is a fair criticism, if a chick with like twenty CCV has a male "manager" he's obviously getting something out of it - it's a cynical attempt to play both sides, trying to appeal to unicorns/wannabe groomers while also having their boyfriend/fuckbuddy involved in their streams. It's so obvious what's happening and they're just insulting people's intelligence by lying about it.

Problem is, a bunch of people get insecure about it and will try to pile on with technicalities rather than just accepting it's a generalised stereotype that's probably right nine out of ten times - and then clout chasing retards like our favourite attention whore of colour here jump in on the other side to virtue-signal about it, trying to prove that he is One of the Good and Smart Ones who is above such trivial nonsense, because he already has the super secret knowledge that most vtubers have boyfriends.

E
Evaniglet should be roasted like a suckling pig over a slow flame for being such a flagrant fag but I do think that if you honestly believed your 2-view only had eyes for you because she played herself up as a GFE menhera "she's just like me" sadgirl then you're a moron. Nobody in this fucking industry is "Real", everyone is pretending to be something they're not, this whole damn medium is a fucking masquerade ffs! Do people honestly believe that nonsense?

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister
Wasn't this chick gonna die of vtuberitis because she was spending more money on vtubing than she was getting out of it? Why is she making music videos...? Which cost more money...? Which she doesn't have to support her family...???

Am I missing something?
If I am her, I would just quit or take a break vtubing and get a job or part-time job, but she would not do that because optimists encourage her to continue vtubing.

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
This whole "your vtuber has a secret boyfriend" has to be one of the worst discussions out of this year, NGL.

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister
Didn't Panko say she doesn't speak italian on stream because she's afraid she'll start dropping slurs? An italian collab with Raora would be.. uh... something if so
If I remember months ago, some of the fellow forumers said she doesn't want to speak Italian because her accent could reveal which part of the region in Italy she lives at. I could be wrong on that though.

Edit: Forgot to add accent part.
Edit 2: Oh Wellful of Wails already said it, :zaionwhatsgoingon: now I know why I'm getting clock reacts.

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
here have a :baeJam: that cant ever be proven unless someone out rights confirms it and could be fake and gay but still fun to think about
it wasn't management that made her do that blackscreen video/stream it was another vtuber apart of a different corpo that may have done something similar in the past telling her it would be a great idea to get people on their side. now my home grown rrat coming off this is that the blue dragon really is part manager because the video is still up. she had to have some type of power to do that and not get her ass blown out after from higher ups or they do fuck all. This could means all the old head vtubers stick together behind the scenes and help plot out shit all the time.
Okay time to get my pp exploded or something for rrating
There is some truth to this but we dont really know if this was the case or not. Its not uncommon for JP corpos to have their talents come out and talk whenever one of the talents gets terminated. This happened back when Rushia got yeeted. This is a fairly common JP thing though. No reason why EN would do this especially when it just comes off as people throwing the other talent under the bus (and in this case the issues seem to have come from the corpo fking up).

I know this is silly to post because I'm still a bit in my vtweeter arc but... I made it to 2-view!!! I'm so happy!
View attachment 79990
Promote yourself more, nerd.

Lots of asian or half asian big "indies" cozied up with the OfflineTV sphere to kickstart their IRL streaming careers
Lots of asians that are big vtubers both on the corpo and indie side.

I'm very excited.

This was really fun to watch.

Wasn't this chick gonna die of vtuberitis because she was spending more money on vtubing than she was getting out of it? Why is she making music videos...? Which cost more money...? Which she doesn't have to support her family...???

Am I missing something?
Her announcement was a warning of sorts.
TLDR: "I am doing this, I want to keep doing this, but I am not growing and it is not a viable career point. I may have to stop doing it to get a full-time job."

Honestly I think she fucked up by not exploiting her corpo persona whenever she could as an indie. Ton of people did not follow her PL when her corpo persona died because they did not know what happened or where she moved to.

If he's going to "ruin immersion", might aswell start naming names:smugpipi:

Overall though, viewers for whom a streamer having a BF is a dealbreaker should, realistically, not watch anyone - because even if your streamer doesn't have a BF now, she might've had one in the past, or might get one in the future. Why take the risk?
He would never do that because he needs the clout he gets from some of his Vtuber friends. That said he mentioned he is housemates with an agency Vtuber, wonder who that could be .

E
To fight a bit against Shondo's point. #NOTALLMANAGERS are boyfriends. Some people have a ton of money and they pay people to basically tell them what to do. Since indies often follow what the bigger agencies do, they all think they have to do the same. Corpos have managers? Well shit I should get a manager.

Similarly I do recall that Occo from the Under The Tea podcast had a manager that basically completely managed their channel as in telling them what they could and couldnt post and apparently the guy had experience managing Esports Teams or players or some shit. Occo was doing really well as far as numbers go also and it is possible that some of this could be attributed to having some sort of direction. So there could be some validity to having someone that knows about marketing or social media management as a smaller creator but chances are that you are either paying them in cash or in ass.

Or they waste money on people like TESSA that for a cool $100 she can tell you important information like "Promote your Streams on Twitter". The sad part is that many small indies are retarded.

Unseiso Dragon

Seiso? Say No!
Evaniglet should be roasted like a suckling pig over a slow flame for being such a flagrant fag but I do think that if you honestly believed your 2-view only had eyes for you because she played herself up as a GFE menhera "she's just like me" sadgirl then you're a moron. Nobody in this fucking industry is "Real", everyone is pretending to be something they're not, this whole damn medium is a fucking masquerade ffs! Do people honestly believe that nonsense?
I don't fucking care that Shiina has a bf or not, she plays Yugioh and likes Gundams so she's literally me and nothing will change that

Top Bottom