"Ooh, FlaVR had an m-preg branch, yeah"Sena Bonbon

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

SomeRando

Didn't Panko say she doesn't speak italian on stream because she's afraid she'll start dropping slurs? An italian collab with Raora would be.. uh... something if so

She's more so afraid that people will be able to dox her location if I'm remembering correctly, as apparently Italian accents are fairly distinct so you could find out the general area of Italy where she lives if you're well versed in the language, but I wouldn't be surprised if she tossed around some slurs in Italian too

But I'm glad Raora acknowledged her, I'd love to see them collab for Italian unity, just like Papa Mussolini wanted

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Didn't Panko say she doesn't speak italian on stream because she's afraid she'll start dropping slurs? An italian collab with Raora would be.. uh... something if so
Yelling in Italian, for sure. Something about Italian cursing is just :kiarachefkiss:
Raora, as Panko grows increasingly racoonish: Basta, finito!
Panko, saying yelling the last word before stream hard cuts off: Vaffanculo!!
Update on the Shondo tweets - everyone's favourite VTuber Friend chimed in.

Archive

Nobody asked him.

R.

Salado

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
The best long term answer is to say my private life is not your concern unless i choose to share it with you, I am here to stream and entertain and the details of my social life are not relevant to either of those things.
The problem is that statement is essentially the same as saying yes to the question.

I don't like unicorns either, but anyone building their community on GFE while dating deserves to have it blow in their face.
The issue affects even non-GFE streamers, though. Even if you are not GFE and only going for the "kawaii uWu animu girl" that banters and plays games with chat, admitting you have have an SO is still a detriment to your growth.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
It really is all there is to it.

Playing devil's advocate, but I do get why it matters to some, especially fans of chuubas with smaller audiences. It's not necessarily about wanting to end up with them, as much as feeling that the respect and affection between a fanbase and the chuuba is to a degree, mutual.

A big part of the appeal of watching smaller chuubas (if you're not straight up trying to groom them) is the community and interaction. The idea that some secret boyfriend is seeing all this going on (as a mod or manager) would be genuinely bothersome to a fan, even if that fan knows that there will never be a real relationship between them and the chuuba.

In that respect, I don't necessarily agree with the notion that nothing a chuuba does off-stream matters. It still does. If it turns out that a VTuber was shittalking their fans on a private account and it leaked, it would still be a major yab and it would (rightfully) affect people's enjoyment of that chuuba.
I just don't want to hear endless blabbering and complaining about bfs or past relationships. You just know some of these girls would use that as their main content, drop viewers because of it and then blame it on "having a BF", and not on introducing content their male viewers think is stupid. The BF stigma is a shield protecting me from boring, annoying rants I've hear a million times already. Ladies if your BF was so interesting I'd just go watch them stream. Maybe I do....

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Genuine question:
What do people expect someone to do in a situation where they have 10 viewers in chat and they basically have to answer every single question thrown their way? If the question about having an SO gets thrown their way, what are they supposed to do? Smaller streamers do not have the luxury of having a sea of chat messages for those kinds of questions to get lost in. Answer truthfully and probably lose half their viewers? Dodge the question so that it is painfully obvious? Lie and risk a bigger shitshow in the future? Honestly, it is a pretty no-win scenario in my eyes. I just feel like choosing "answer truthfully" is a painfully naive take on the situation.

The actual real dumb move is to make your SO a mod and an active member or your community, though.
I expect them to dodge the question for their benefit just like any politically charged question. That's the power of the streamer. It's also a skill to build up and even so people fuck up

Just like I hope chuubas have some opsec I am looking for them to create their own image that may or may not be true but feels true to me. The untruths hopefully are less lies then a different story that everyone enjoys. If they want to have another story elsewhere or have different personalities/accounts that's also cool.

Otherwise how am I supposed to know how this menhera feels every waking moment of her life? One day she will stop doom posting and we will all wish her a happy marriage. Her mom is a riot though. Every tweet is a banger

Momma Matsuri please...
Meno is also live

If we are talking about being authentically interesting, she is the closest to being an EN Luna. Incredibly sweet and pulls off using her name in third person.

Last edited:

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Honestly, when being in a relationship is an active demerit to people trying to get into the industry, it reflects worse on the community that encorages people to lie about their relationship status than it does the people that lie. If you really are a 1 or 2 view female VTuber trying build an audience, it is gonna be way harder to do so starting from nothing if you give yourself a crutch like admitting on stream to having an SO because of how the community is.

Genuine question:
What do people expect someone to do in a situation where they have 10 viewers in chat and they basically have to answer every single question thrown their way? If the question about having an SO gets thrown their way, what are they supposed to do? Smaller streamers do not have the luxury of having a sea of chat messages for those kinds of questions to get lost in. Answer truthfully and probably lose half their viewers? Dodge the question so that it is painfully obvious? Lie and risk a bigger shitshow in the future? Honestly, it is a pretty no-win scenario in my eyes. I just feel like choosing "answer truthfully" is a painfully naive take on the situation.

The actual real dumb move is to make your SO a mod and an active member or your community, though.
Admit you have a partner but say they’re the same sex as you. Chat would get off on it.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Honestly, when being in a relationship is an active demerit to people trying to get into the industry, it reflects worse on the community that encorages people to lie about their relationship status than it does the people that lie. If you really are a 1 or 2 view female VTuber trying build an audience, it is gonna be way harder to do so starting from nothing if you give yourself a crutch like admitting on stream to having an SO because of how the community is.

Genuine question:

I won't pretend to know the answer, since you do bring up a good point. The dynamic does change depending on whether or not a chuuba is just starting out, or if they already have an established audience.

That's why I do think the whole relationship thing is an interesting question for the medium, even if I think drama over it is kind of retarded most of the time. You do get these sorts of ethical dilemmas, not to mention differing cultural expectations of what is an acceptable level of suspension of disbelief.

To conclude and avoid prolonging it more than I already have, I suppose the answer is that for larger chuubas, like Holos and big indies, is that it really shouldn't matter for a viewer, and one should just enjoy them or move on. The lower you go down the food chain, the more open the question becomes, and it will probably not be settled anytime soon.
Uhhh...Why? Asking in completely good faith here, why would that thought even cross someone's mind unless that person is actually trying to groom the chuuba in question.
It's akin to voyeurism. Fans who actively involve themselves in the fanbase, like make fan projects, or do some really dedicated autistic thing, or basically invest themselves a lot in the chuuba, might not like the idea that some mod or manager who is very close to the chuuba IRL is vetting everything they do, and taking note of their every interaction. (I suppose an exception here would be some parental or authority figure, or a friend who "gets" the culture of the space.)

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
The problem is that statement is essentially the same as saying yes to the question.
The way I have seen some people avoid that sort of question is by adding it to the chat rules as "don't ask personal questions" which shields you enough that if they keep prodding you it's enough to ban them and no one other than autist would complain.
The issue affects even non-GFE streamers, though. Even if you are not GFE and only going for the "kawaii uWu animu girl" that banters and plays games with chat, admitting you have have an SO is still a detriment to your growth.
Have you seen some of the most popular content creators of all time? a lot of them have a known BF and they still get a lot of money from their audience, specially the ones with an OnlyFans where they get railed by said BF, it may come down to what audience they go after and the type of content they make.

Salado

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
(not)Jelly noooooooooo

Where's Sakana when you need him?

1728195213229.png

Spooked But Lobotomized

You guys saying this boyfriend/manager talk is the worst convo are wrong. That Crimzon Ruze night was far worse. That said, I do apologize for dating and marrying managing all of your oshis and causing this whole kerfuffle. We'll try to keep it on the down low next time, promise.

Kazuma

Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Offkai announced for June 20-22, 2025. Still in California. No announcement if Phase Connect is still going to be sponsoring or attending the event, and if they do, if Phase will have the same technical issues that seemed to be plague them while other attendees didn't have nearly so many issues.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Just like don't lie to your fans, m'kay? All there is to it, yeah?
That's really all it comes down with these bigger lies. Telling chat you're a pure virgin is just gonna come back to bite you in the ass when they find out your lying, and also makes them distrust everything else you'll ever say. If you don't want chat to know your sex life that's completely reasonable so just avoid the fucking topic instead of going "UwU I'm a silly girlfailure who can't get a man" while also being crazy hot. Men are not that picky when it comes to dating, your audience of 99% men knows that.

Hell even if they were telling the truth at the time if they have the "gall" to get a boyfriend during the literal prime of their life and that changes they'll get torn to shreds if it gets found out.

Vtubers telling white lies is pretty normal, largely because they do so to protect their personal life. Azki is married and Tenma's not actually in Japan, these things are pretty well known and their fans don't really care. However the schizo's will continue to seethe about this kind of shit, so if you really want to do GFE either commit fully and put your personal life on hold for the professional, be upfront about these kinds of things, or just don't fucking do GFE. Everyone knows by now the kind of audience that GFE attracts so it's hard to have any sympathy when it bites them in the ass.

Helkar

The idea that some secret boyfriend is seeing all this going on (as a mod or manager) would be genuinely bothersome to a fan, even if that fan knows that there will never be a real relationship between them and the chuuba.
Uhhh...Why? Asking in completely good faith here, why would that thought even cross someone's mind unless that person is actually trying to groom the chuuba in question.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Just like don't lie to your fans, m'kay? All there is to it, yeah?
Pretty much this, the actual problem here isn't that they have a boyfriend, it's that if they lie about one thing then they're probably lying about other things too. Being dishonest is an inherently unpleasant personality trait regardless of what it is they're lying about at that particular moment in time.

It's perfectly fine to just say nothing, the corpo vtuber standard of just not talking about relationships at all is usually a good one since streamers have no obligation to disclose anything from their personal life to the viewer anyway, even just for the sake of protecting their privacy and staying in character - and if anon fills in the blanks incorrectly and convinces himself the vtuber is a pure virginial maiden saving herself for their wedding night, that's entirely on him for believing his own fanfiction.

Genuine question:

Have a rule saying not to ask about or disclose personal information relating to anyone, and enforce it. It's just an extension of common courtesies like not doxing or roommateposting really; if someone goes into a vtuber's chat and asks if they have a boyfriend, they're obviously looking for trouble, so nobody who's worth keeping around would expect them to humour that kind of question with a response.

The Peanut Gallery

Tis the Spooky Season. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Rara, one of the new V4Mirai girls is currently up for the relay (I am told that she is just as brown as her model - and also the only one who can sing in her gen):

More coming up, they're all good for the next one and a half hours (Poko knows how to work a crowd):
relay3.PNG

Last edited:

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Top Bottom