"Brazil country of the sun live in its light. EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS"Pipkin Pippa

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
She'd probably be too nervous to drop any, I would be if I was her. One slur too far which causes any kind of drama (which people opposed to collabs will try to create at all costs) and Holo is likely to blacklist the whole corpo.

All this discussion of Panko accidentally dropping slurs across multiple pages and nobody has posted the clip. Smh fr.

Genuine question:
What do people expect someone to do in a situation where they have 10 viewers in chat and they basically have to answer every single question thrown their way? If the question about having an SO gets thrown their way, what are they supposed to do? Smaller streamers do not have the luxury of having a sea of chat messages for those kinds of questions to get lost in. Answer truthfully and probably lose half their viewers? Dodge the question so that it is painfully obvious? Lie and risk a bigger shitshow in the future? Honestly, it is a pretty no-win scenario in my eyes. I just feel like choosing "answer truthfully" is a painfully naive take on the situation.

First off, ten active chatters is more than enough to let a comment or two you don't want to address "fall through the cracks" and silently ban the chatter (or have a mod do it) if they persist.

That being said, I'm going to disagree with a surprising number of people here by saying it's completely acceptable for a chuuba to lie in response to questions like this. Chuubas are playing characters after all; it's totally legitimate for them to play that character and give a response which is more appealing than the truth. If you can't accept that and expect your oshi to be completely honest with you while streaming, go watch a fleshtuber instead. Oh, wait, no, they lie and misrepresent and put on a show for the camera too, don't they?

"Oh, but what if it gets found out they lied?" Then the people who can't figure out what the game is here will get assmad, I guess. They will get filtered away and everyone else who either understands that this is all just a 21st-century puppet show will keep having fun.

But yes, "I don't want to answer any personal questions" is fine too, even if that non-answer may be an answer all its own.

Offkai announced for June 20-22, 2025. Still in California. No announcement if Phase Connect is still going to be sponsoring or attending the event, and if they do, if Phase will have the same technical issues that seemed to be plague them while other attendees didn't have nearly so many issues.

Hmm. Looks like San Jose is much further away from San Francisco than Burlingame so maybe it'll be a little more affordable and tolerable, but it's still in the San Francisco urban area. I guess the people putting this on have ties to the area and can't imagine doing it somewhere more reasonable. Unfortunate.

Alex Azarashi hasn't been seen anywhere that I've seen since the last day of her donothon back on the 25th. Earlier today she posted an announcement in her Discord server:

Copy_of_Hustle_Twitter_Post.png

I've been noticing her absence and I'll speculate that a factor of it might be that the donothon (primarily to get a new gaming PC) fell well short of what she was hoping to make. The stream's not up anymore so I can't get the exact final number but I remember seeing from the thumbnail from that final stream that she had earned something like $350 of her $2000 goal and I doubt an oil baron suddenly surfaced to make up the deficit. I'm pulling that out of my ass though and there's a chance something more serious is going on. Hope she's able to recover soon.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

frz

There is some truth to this but we dont really know if this was the case or not. Its not uncommon for JP corpos to have their talents come out and talk whenever one of the talents gets terminated. This happened back when Rushia got yeeted. This is a fairly common JP thing though. No reason why EN would do this especially when it just comes off as people throwing the other talent under the bus (and in this case the issues seem to have come from the corpo fking up).
We know that they already did the same thing with sayu
It's is NOT a common thing for JP, during Rushia thing Pekora weren't shitting on Rushia characters and weren't talking about how they were lied to and betrayed by rushia and that management was right all this time.
It's common for JP to apologize to the fans and feeling sad for the situation. it's not common at all what nijisanji does.
It's only nijisanji who assign 1 gen mate + 1 OG Senpai for character assassination. Please don't lump other corpos into Nijisanji
You really can't argue there isn't a playbook when they have been shown to doing it multiple times.
To fight a bit against Shondo's point. #NOTALLMANAGERS are boyfriends. Some people have a ton of money and they pay people to basically tell them what to do. Since indies often follow what the bigger agencies do, they all think they have to do the same. Corpos have managers? Well shit I should get a manager.
The point is that if you are a 2-view / low 3-view no way you have that kinda money. Btw even for the big indies who can afford normal manager, that doesn't stop them from having boyfriends.
That's why I do think the whole relationship thing is an interesting question for the medium, even if I think drama over it is kind of retarded most of the time. You do get these sorts of ethical dilemmas, not to mention differing cultural expectations of what is an acceptable level of suspension of disbelief.
Personally I think streamers has a higher chance of success if their partner/spouse is emotionally involved. It means they have a manager, that's already an advantage over the normal chuubas. Said partner being a male would understand industry trends more and know how to navigate, create content for streams. You are essentially running a 2-person channel.
Zentreya / Vedal is probs the biggest example of this. Neuro-sama success is entirely off Vedal steering the ship.
I circle back to my example of Amouranth, one of the biggest female camwhore on twitch who was outed to having a husband running her channel, he was probs the one who told her to write donator names on her private part. He's also probs the one filming her only fans and writing GFE scripts for her. Does it make him an absolute cuck? Yes. But did it earns the couple millions of dollars? Also yes.
I have no doubt some of the biggest indies have a similarly involved partner who's actually orchestrating the entire thing.
But sadly for small indies, most of the time it's just someone who's only for the sex and not for the growth of the channel though.

Last edited:

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
In a blast from the past news. The girl from the VR hamburger country clip is a vtuber now

closedblas

Offkai announced for June 20-22, 2025. Still in California. No announcement if Phase Connect is still going to be sponsoring or attending the event, and if they do, if Phase will have the same technical issues that seemed to be plague them while other attendees didn't have nearly so many issues.

Hmm. Looks like San Jose is much further away from San Francisco than Burlingame so maybe it'll be a little more affordable and tolerable, but it's still in the San Francisco urban area. I guess the people putting this on have ties to the area and can't imagine doing it somewhere more reasonable. Unfortunate.
SJCC is a much bigger venue than the Hyatt hotel, and has associated theater facilities. I'm guessing they want to host shows/concerts.
The SFO Hyatt has an airport shuttle, and there's like 30 hotels in that area.
SJCC has way fewer hotels and spread out, so it'll probably be a more expensive stay. Not even cheaper food because it's still downtown SJ.

Compared to the other convention centers in LA/SD/PNW, I wouldn't be surprised if SJCC just turned out to be the smallest/cheapest "real" convention center.
And I'm suspicious that they might have booked only the South Hall of SJCC (~1/3 of the space).
The Santa Clara convention center is about 2/3 the space and closer to SFO, but the hotel situation is even worse.

Keep in mind Offkai has fewer attendees than city-level anime conventions in goddam Midwest.
The "somewhere more reasonable" thing is kind of funny. Most of the major convention centers outside of CA built their venues so absurdly huge relative to the local population size, then they're compelled to charge accordingly so it doesn't make sense cost-wise anyway.

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Tubedude

Seems to be the same center that the 2018 Twitchcon was at. If Offkai is at all close to the size of Twitchcon back then lines will be hell.
As a Californian that has been there, San Jose is MUCH better than San Fran. It still has significant issues as anywhere in California would, but it isn't a full on lunacy stronghold like San Fran is. San Jose is the main city and urban sprawl people are referring to when they say "the Silicon Valley", it has a much different identity from San Fran from my experience.

God's Strongest Dragoon

If this a semi vtweeter arc, what arc is @Azehara in?
Gooner arc

San Jose Convention Center is quite the upgrade in venue size.
Looks like San Jose is much further away from San Francisco than Burlingame so maybe it'll be a little more affordable and tolerable
You've clearly never been to the Bay Area. Its still part of the peninsula and has all the same issues. While the previous venue was in Burlingame, it wasn't the expensive area (that would be in the hills). San Jose is a REALLY poorly designed city because it blew up in size from a sleepy commuter city to now a major part of the Bay Area. So if you're looking for hotels, expect to get assfucked unless Offkai secured a specific hotel for their attendees. Also good luck getting food because it's going to cost a fuckload as well.

As for tolerable, it's still the same song and dance. For reference, Trump had a rally in 2016 at the same convention center Offkai is going to be held at and there were leftists getting violent and attacking the rally attendees. San Jose is slightly better than the San Francisco area but it's not much considering how its just one big urban sprawl going from SF to SJ.

UberSoldat

VSoyBoy

I don't care about indies having boyfriends as managers as long as it applies to male VTubers too.

They all have to have boyfriends as well!

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
But can I spend $4 on a piece of toast. This is important, my Bay Area experience must be authentic.

God's Strongest Dragoon

But can I spend $4 on a piece of toast. This is important, my Bay Area experience must be authentic.
Don't worry, you'll be culturally enriched in downtown San Jose.
havefunatoffkai.png

I can't wait for the deluge of twitter comments going "But there's a college here! Why is there so much crime?! My car got broken into every day of Offkai!".
Pro-tip: Keep a window rolled down. They're going to get into your car regardless, you might as well save the money on replacing the broken window.

Pioneer

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Roca's turn soon:

I've seen some people say this Lumin girl is also really good, she might be worth checking out:

She goes after Amora in about 2 hours

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Was away, so just getting to Kiara's 3D Live. Randomly, Iroha's English has come a long way.

Nigel Nigerman

Choo Choo Motherfuckers!
IF YOU SMEEEEELL, WHAT THE KANADE IS GOOKIN'!!!

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Don't worry, you'll be culturally enriched in downtown San Jose.
havefunatoffkai-png.80085

I can't wait for the deluge of twitter comments going "But there's a college here! Why is there so much crime?! My car got broken into every day of Offkai!".
Pro-tip: Keep a window rolled down. They're going to get into your car regardless, you might as well save the money on replacing the broken window.
Imagine having a car while visiting SF. Better to book a nearby hotel, walk to the con daily (or use an uber or taxi), and only carry credit cards that always require a PIN.

Top Bottom