"I was always really curious about what... what being fucked by a tentacle would feel like"Himemiya Rie

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband

DanishCookies

How come her old followers (both twitter and twitch/yt) when she was Yuri never followed her as Nano?

niggaphil

I don't think she's professionally certified to perform this procedure.
:BijouBijou:
Nolan will be loving this stream. He will continue to LMAO when getting his balls castrated by ISA

:mywifenolan:

bothyourhouses

Corporation puts a lot of money into your character, frontloading all the expenses and keep spending money on you for future promotion. This theoretically never stops and you are assumed to never do anything else, because you are playing a character and doing otherwise breaks the immersion. When it's time to part ways if you can openly proclaim who your previous character was, you are getting all of the promotion and good reputation that they invested in, and give absolutely nothing in return. In exchange for not doing so, the company does not recast anyone to play the character after you are gone
The corporation couldn't recast you because the fans would rebel. So them giving that up in the contract (if they even do? Any evidence that companies actually promise not to recast vtuber characters) is worth approximately zero and you shouldn't trade away anything for it.
vshojo who has no rights over IP because they didn't spend any money on it.
VShojo does pay for characters and models though, don't they? At least in some cases e.g. Henya.
The current model for how vtuber corporations treat talents and the IPs they've created has been around for over half a decade, and works around the world regardless of the corporation or the jurisdiction (and by work, I mean it consistently makes a profit for the corpo). Moreover, it's a model that many talents are happy to accept upon joining a corporation.
We're still in the growth stage of the industry, we'll only see which business models are really solid once we go through a downturn. Vtuber corpos don't exactly have a great record of success so far, and talents have been getting some pretty bad experiences lately too - IMO corporate life is and should be a lot less attractive than it was even a few months ago, and hopefully this means corpos will have to compete harder for talent in the future.
Who would know more? Hololive, who has submitted investor statements to the Tokyo Stock Exchange to prove it's income, and the Tokyo Stock Exchange, who currently values Hololive as a billion-dollar business? Or some random on a vtuber forum?
Hololive is the most successful vtuber company and also relatively one of the most open. Yes, they keep ownership of character IP, but they've allowed departed talents like Kson to more or less openly acknowledge their roles in Hololive, and haven't stopped Rushia streaming on a blatant knockoff of her Hololive character. Meanwhile upd8, formerly the biggest vtuber corporation, tried to treat its talents as mere voice actors and crashed and burned. That's pointing towards more talent-friendly practices being better for business.
Our glorious overlord Aviel has released Idol weekly where he tell us the next step in total israeli domination
Has he released the contracts yet? That's well overdue at this point.
2) The closest example would actually be people acting as corporate mascots. A few examples of this would be sports mascots, Betty Crocker, and so forth. And, no, the people in these roles didn't get personal credit for their work.
Corporations used to try to treat vtubers like that, but it didn't fly. They don't really play characters the way e.g. Disney mascots do; they put too much of themselves into their streams, and fans notice. IMO the closest model is actually musicians or book authors, where the usual practice would be for the corporation to offer an advance to pay for the equivalent of models and streaming equipment, that the talent then gradually pays back out of their earnings, in return for an agreement to stream exclusively (and at a particular revenue split) for a limited length of time (e.g. x hours of streaming, or the next y years). After that they can either renew (maybe requiring the company to commit to spend a certain amount of money on promotion, or offer a better revenue share, and so on) or the talent can take the character (or may need to buy out the rest of the advance if they didn't earn enough to pay it off) and go to a different corporation, or become independent. IDK if anyone's tried it, but that seems like a better model to be.
It was less about one, and more about being hired after they did and having zero experience. He was learning on the work with the newest gen who would have the hardest time and needed a competent person to help them out the most.
And she got punished for going over his head. That's the real cherry on top.
No business on earth gives a shit about their workers' well being, that is why we have labor codes and legislation.
True, but that's also why fans have to care about working conditions. The reason vtubers aren't recast isn't because of labour codes or legislation, it's because fans made enough of a fuss to destroy the corporations that tried. It's a fan based business, so viewers ultimately have more power than you might think.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

How come her old followers (both twitter and twitch/yt) when she was Yuri never followed her as Nano?

She got fired from Phase Connect. A lot of people are probably wary of her now.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

She let them all out of the basement when she graduated as Yuri and most of the fanbase decided not to go back into Nano's new basement.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Good: New IRyS cover!
Bad: The fucking recorder song. Again.
Another fine addition to the Holo all back collection, yes.

IMG_20200617_132440.jpg

DanishCookies

She let them all out of the basement when she graduated as Yuri and most of the fanbase decided not to go back into Nano's new basement.
She got fired from Phase Connect. A lot of people are probably wary of her now.
Unfortunate. We'd have the armpit skeb by now if only those people refollowed! :gunpeko:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

I think she picked up a lot of tourists while in Phase, but has retreated into her vetted Discord community for... some reason. She definitely doesn't put herself out there as much these days.

niggaphil

Unfortunate. We'd have the armpit skeb by now if only those people refollowed! :gunpeko:
I think my Romanian wife will follow her because she loves armpit so much. She mentioned it in her collab with Lumi in Touhou education stream:

:dokiSmug:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Nolan will be loving this stream. He will continue to LMAO when getting his balls castrated by ISA

:mywifenolan:
Unfortunately the femboy is never gonna watch a 2view because he wants to be heard by literally everyone whether they want it or not

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Oh no, the Korean is getting IRyS into weird skincare routines....

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Tenma dragged them all into her basement instead.

God's Strongest Dragoon

All the seadogs are gonna die of medical malpractice:BijouBijou:
if only

Sawa was singing Fallout songs, so on the off chance she has to private the stream, I've archived it on Rumble
Sawa | 10k Karaoke Celebration

Have a Sawa clip from it

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Unironically I hate that they went back on the whole "No discord faggory" part of Proctors gay meltdown redemption tour, it makes me wonder what else he'll go back on.
I am alive and I must GROOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!
Literally the only reason that happened is because all of resident chuubas like talking there and not here because of zoomer autism.

NafsuBuas735

Anyway, some of the best clips are the ones when the vtubers laugh really hard. They laugh a lot of course, but I'm talking about those big, out-of-control laughs when they're either really loud or get out of breath from laughing.

I went through and grabbed a few that I remember. They're all Hololive, I honestly don't remember any really good laughing clips from other vtubers, though I'm sure they're out there.

I'd love to see more good laughing clips if anybody wants to share them.
Got just the thing for you then! Botan laughed the hardest she have ever did when she bullied Subaru with Guile when playing Bombs Away mode with random character setting on. Perfect for what you were asking for! A shame as I havent seen anyone clipped this moment yet.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I am alive and I must GROOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!
Literally the only reason that happened is because all of resident chuubas like talking there and not here because of zoomer autism.
Actually competent groomers would be able to move their targets over to a better platform than Discord. For shame.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Actually competent groomers would be able to move their targets over to a better platform than Discord. For shame.
The targets are unironically better groomers than the people trying to groom.

Gibara Fan

Babutaro(Gibara) Love
Update on Nyaru:
She seems to be in a better mood now and is gonna take it easy for this week

Archive 1
Archive 2
Full Thread Archive
Haachama is now competing against KFP:

Finally Babutaro posted her schedule for the week:

Screenshot 2024-02-24 002807.jpg
Archive
GHFNjBnbkAAp4Y7.jpgGBS1.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-24 002654.jpg

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
IRyS’s cover music video is animated by the cheebs artist (her Gravity end screen, and countless memes).

Top Bottom