"Everybody, today my tongue will be long"Tokoyami Towa

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
My "argument" is that people are real quick to jump on someone for a victimless crime, when we also go around telling people to kill themselves on a daily basis. By the way, :tenmakys:
Im not jumping on her. I just think the ban is deserved since its a repeated offence and mental illness isnt an excuse.

Stunned But Dumb

Salado

Short

God Damn the Sun
Does anyone even have an archive of the offending stream?
I know shondo is geniuenly schizophrenic among other things but imo without the actual context its hard to really know if she went over some line or not

The Shondo VOD uploaded earlier here seems to be nuked. Did Shondo actually say she wanted to kill herself or anything to that effect?

Another archive from VT

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Jelly is out here requesting smut fanfics. That's certainly something you can ask the Starknights for, I suppose.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I generally like Shondo and feel bad for her situation. I find it great that she's been able to find something to support herself despite her severe problems. I hope this Twitch stuff gets resolved and she's able to continue on with it. I wish her the best in life. I really do.

But all that being said, the problem isn't that she's a mentally ill woman on Twitch. The problem, from what I'm gathering, is that she got drunk and said shit during a stream that she shouldn't have. We all know how dog shit Twitch is and all social media platforms in general are. She has to know this too. While I wouldn't advise it, I'm not even saying she's wrong for wanting to open up to her chat about more personal problems to her. She just needs to know that this is dangerous territory, and she needs to be more careful how she says things.

That being said, obviously, the alcohol doesn't help, and I honestly believe this to be a large crux of the issue. While drinking streams can be fun, I find myself pretty iffy on them because it might not take much for a streamer to cause themselves problems while impaired, and I get a bit worried that a streamer I like may do or say something they'll come to regret. I mean, how many vtubers have we seen drunk on stream break down or say/do something they shouldn't? I know there have been quite a bit. All it may take is that one drunk stream for a streamer to fuck up what they have or have an embarrassing moment that's potentially seen by the entire Internet.

I may sound like a stick-in-the-mud, but hopefully Shondo will come to realize that streaming while drunk is not something she should be doing if this is how it ends up being. She's at least smart enough to know when her mental problems become too big of an issue for her to continue streaming normally. I know she can't control her mental problems, but she absolutely can control whether or not she drinks on stream and impairs her to the point of doing or saying things she shouldn't.

Best wishes to her.

NeviØn

NoFcksGiven

Negzana

Lia's outfit is giving me Nazuna vibes

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

ex_lurker

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
How the fuck does she maintain the retarded loli voice while drunk?
I consistently see people assert that it apparently is genuinely her real voice but I don't know how much stock I put in that.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
The problem, from what I'm gathering, is that she got drunk and said shit during a stream that she shouldn't have. We all know how dog shit Twitch is and all social media platforms in general are. She has to know this too. While I wouldn't advise it, I'm not even saying she's wrong for wanting to open up to her chat about more personal problems to her. She just needs to know that this is dangerous territory, and she needs to be more careful how she says things.

I sound like a broken record at this point but tard-wrangling isn't an option, it's a necessity for vtubers. You have to have someone to place those checks in place.

JusticeDog

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Trying to compare streaming to a real job is fucking retarded.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
When we have people working for companies doing this and earning most or all of their income from doing so it definitely qualifies.

ogey_rrat

ogey
Monet is playing Civ IV

Base game Civ IV...
old-boomer.gif

Negzana

Shondo wouldn't be able to hold a real job even if she wanted, and all the money for unemployment checks are going to Nbugu from who came on a boat from Momambo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom