"How do I draw a dick without getting demonetized?"S.S. Isa

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

USS IOWA

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

UberSoldat

Don't know how many times he's said this in the past, Nousagi wants to move away from news and drama and "showcase his personality more," hence the increasing frequency of Twitch and YT streams

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Don't know how many times he's said this in the past, Nousagi wants to move away from news and drama and "showcase his personality more," hence the increasing frequency of Twitch and YT streams

When will he become the CEO of penis inspection day to make up for his evil dramsfagging

Awoogers

thirteenorphans

niggaphil

He might have a better chance in selling his nude in OF than selling his personality in Youtube/twitch

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Damn it Wemi, you didn't have to reply to this. I had to do a double-take when I saw this on my feed:

A
GSJV9I1aUAEqNvz.jpeg

Anyhow, I would have posted Woomy's last karaoke first, were it not for the tweet above:

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

nah Zen THE COMPANY where you are did a audition AND FUCK THEM OVER by choosing a nepo hire, go bitch somewhere else because Gunrun is going to nepohire again

Y'know this is one of those things where it feels like it would me much less of a controversy if the people involved just stopped treating it like a controversy and owned up to it. Nepotism is how the entertainment and management industry has worked pretty much since its inception. It's not going anywhere, and honestly I'd say that it's not even a bad thing so long as you're not going full Hollywood sleaze. People need to be known quantities to some extent who can be trusted to work with their colleagues well and in a very public setting. All corpos do it and if you think a recommendation from existing talent doesn't count for a lot during auditions process no matter where it is you're naive.
Hell Geega even said on her stream yesterday that Haruka was the only talent to get in 100% through the auditions. That's not a bad thing - yes she was already a successful streamer but she really put in tons of work for her audition (she's shown the videos at cons) and at the time Haruka was grinding out content like mad, like putting out a skit every other day. The rest of the recent talents all got in on some form of networking or scouting. Which is to be expected because Vshojo is much more of a traditional talent agency providing services with less teeth in each talent than you'd see from the more top-down ownership like Hololive where the talent explicitly works for the agency.
Also something Geega touched on is the idea that you don't know who's potentially interested in joining, and it can be vulgar and impractical to ask. I think it's safe to assume Henya approached them for example, because we know she was still in her contract at VOMS for a few months when it was all arranged and she wanted to do more than VOMS could provide her, but would anyone have seriously expected Pikamee to join Vshojo before it happened? No and you can't just assume that because a vtuber is successful but unaffiliated they would be willing to join up with you (as Phasebeggers keep having to be reminded).
Don't see why Geega is getting so defensive now just because twitter is taking potshots when she talked so candidly about it on stream so recently. Auditions still serve the purpose of "we don't know what our options are until we check" and just being an orbiter is no guarantee of getting in. Most of their recent debuts haven't been associated with Vshojo at all beforehand. Snuffy was their number 1 fan for a good long while, who was pulling real good numbers, and she got knocked back when she auditioned. Just say it is what it is, it's down to Gunrun and the business people to decide whether they can really do something with you, and that there's lots of ways to come to their attention.

frz

RiverBear

Y'know this is one of those things where it feels like it would me much less of a controversy if the people involved just stopped treating it like a controversy and owned up to it. Just say it is what it is, it's down to Gunrun and the business people to decide whether they can really do something with you, and that there's lots of ways to come to their attention.
This really. This whole song and dance is a waste of everyone's effort and time if they're just going to hire their friends or something.
Just say you're hiring them. Literally no one would care. Everyone accepts that it's how VShojo works - literally no one batted an eye when the exNijis went to VShojo.

But making a whole event out of it, and making other people take the time and effort to apply only for you to throw all out the window is where people are mad about.

tgmslc

What's with you promisefags and shitting on random Holomems in the most passive-aggresive ways possible? Am I missing something?
(Akasplit also falls into this)
Am I the only Promise stan who doesn't hate other chuba's/Holomems? I used to think we were a pretty chill bunch...
:kroniiphone:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Am I the only Promise stan who doesn't hate other chuba's/Holomems? I used to think we were a pretty chill bunch...
I don't. But it pisses people off when I act like I do and that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

The usual. Jurard get upset about unicorns and mocking them.
Can this retard just ignore them instead of adding more fuel to the fire of both the unicorn/trolls and the retards that engage in slapfights with them? If he wants to openly engage with the females , and even discuss the ones with the most unicorns who have no interest in collabs, I am all for that. Directly giving the unicorns themselves attention is when shit starts getting retarded.

Awoogers

as far as im concerned youre the only one whos a chill promise stan that ive encountered

well youre a sapling but still

Ballpark_Look

Matsuri is FAT :smugpipi:

Edit: This is the recent clip where she talked about her body fat > 30%. I can't find english clipper to clip and translate it.

Yeah her weight is down last time I remember, but now she's just skinny fat.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
as far as im concerned youre the only one whos a chill promise stan that ive encountered

well youre a sapling but still
It's not our fault every other VTuber in existence outside of Promise is horribly mid, okay?
:smugazki:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
19 years old Laplus traumatized them please Andarstand :faunacry:

Awoogers

VSoyBoy

If we take them at face value for a minute, I wonder how many of the chosen VTubers would have new models or even new personas when they debut for VShojo. The way VShojo works means that the application period is entirely different to most other Corpos since you have the option of taking your persona and avatar with you. I've seen many posts of VTubers with varying qualities of model openly talking about their applications, which wouldn't happen with other Corpos since the expectation is that you "abandon" that persona anyways. Apart from the Ex-Niji's, which didn't really have recent personas to take with them, all VShojo debutants except for Mike took their personas with them and I don't think any of them even got a new model at debut.

If they really want to take on smaller creators (or at least consider them) that might well change though, especially since Mouse says you don't even have to have a model at all to apply.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Promise fags have to deal with esteemed successful Nijisanji vtuber Vox Akuma calling them a flop in a seething private discord

This event truly scarred them, Nij is still thriving while Promise (more like flopmise) is still floundering to this day

Top Bottom