"I can dual wield badminton, which makes me unstoppable"Rin Penrose

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy

Koronesuki

X-Potato
I'm constantly surprised how this pro-opsec, pro-archiving website just refuses to contemplate the idea that minor celebrities might lie to throw people off the scent.
Throw people off the scent of what exactly?

"We've posted pictures of ourselves all over the internet and mentioned our location, but don't worry. We've also claimed to be Swedish when we're actually secret Asians. This will magically prevent doxing, because people will be looking for Swedes who look Asian, not Asians pretending to be Swedish."

Brilliant!

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
They didn't seem to take it the wrong way from her story, but if it was a three-year contract, then it's clear that she would have to stay until 2026. There is a lie here by someone somewhere down the line.
Nah, that X-years period is entirely virtual and only exist in contracts as yet another dumb attempt to pretend that vtubers are not employees, it doesn't mean shit.

Punished Lurker

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Proctor is busy responding to engagement bait over on Twitter:

1711368099027.png
YWNBAFT (You will never brush a foxgirl's tail)

Last edited:

Pioneer

AZKi and Mio will play together in an hour.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter

PekoWick

There may be a ton of people sending in their resumes to Hololive, but a known quality in the realm of vtubing is far more attractive to a company than a potential.

To compare it to the NFL again, it's like how head coaches or coordinators can bounce around the league, despite having many bad seasons under their belt. You'll often see them do a terrible job for several years, get fired, and then immediately hired by another team. Why wouldn't that team just hire someone new? Because those positions require a lot of specific skills that aren't all that common, and aren't all that clear if an individual even has them - until they're actually doing the job for real.

But then, you've hired them, filling a position, and letting it rip for a season. If you're wrong, and they're missing those skills, then shit, you've just fucked the entire season - including fucking over all the other coaches and players on the team. Not good. So teams usually play it safe and pick up someone they know can work the position, and assume (or hope) that the conditions on this team will have them play out well. At worst, they'll just suck, but at least they won't tank the entire season themselves.

With vtubers, especially in companies, they need to be good at keeping up dialogue while streaming, thinking on their feet, and just generally being entertaining. They need to be, to an extent, consistent with their stream times, with working with managers, and working with other people. These qualities are not universal in any profession, but most certainly not amongst the asocial awkward menhera dorks that are drawn to vtubing. You could even have someone with a small indie past, but once you plunk them down in a larger audience - with the additional expectation of adhering to a schedule, both streaming and behind-the-scenes company work - they could just freeze up and fold under the pressure. There goes a slot in a gen, along with the upfront investment for the vtuber themselves.

Pomu is a known quality, and she's got some damn good quality. Everyone knows what she can do, and they know her draw. Vtuber agencies know she can work in a company and keep pace with management. Add on her reputation in the scene, and any company would be crazy not to want her. The only question would be if she had reached her potential ceiling. If the agencies think her limit was reached while she was in Nijisanji, well, I could see Hololive passing on her, maybe. Smaller companies would love that ceiling, though.

But yeah they probably are just friends and I'm seeing more than there is because speculating is fun.
You say this but holoX members are bunch of 1 view - 2 view streamers and they did extremely well. They are one of the most successful gen.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
774inc's Shisui Kiki continuing the second half of Volume 2 Chapter 2. She actually felt bad for Rio.

Before continuing the story she talked about the sensei reveal and reacted positively, also talked briefly about sensei potentially licking Iori's feet (the X trend). Her only complaint was the lack of animated prologue.

Re:AcT's Hanabasami Kyo released a short cover (1 chorus) of Yorushika's Hareru earlier.

MaiR and another Vsinger Nico released a cover as well.

Towa getting training in SF6 with a pro.

Called him ero, doesn't like dark skin character, and desk slam.

UberSoldat

Nako on Skyrim

Onolumi plays Monster Hunter

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Throw people off the scent of what exactly?

"We've posted pictures of ourselves all over the internet and mentioned our location, but don't worry. We've also claimed to be Swedish when we're actually secret Asians. This will magically prevent doxing, because people will be looking for Swedes who look Asian, not Asians pretending to be Swedish."

Brilliant!
To me, they just look retarded

Nigel Nigerman

is the virtual reincarnation of George Floyd.
VNU made a more detailed statement regarding Serafi's termination.

20240325-100058.png

Oh thank God, I thought all vtuber corpos grew a brain after what happened with Idol yesterday.

Why does all of this need to be public?

Just cut out all of the extra shit and it's so much better. I don't know why these companies always do this shit.
They do be retarded.

In today's "youtube bizzare recommends" i have:
thanks to Biboo, the most autistic channel https://www.youtube.com/@blackvergil/videos
and LITERALLY 1-VIEW guy.

Who said youtube have bad discoverability? :dokibirdWhat:

Unsurprisingly, even LITERALLY 1-VIEW PISS POOR ID GROUP make better merch than niji ever did

Why does this ID 1-View have better rigging than NijiEN models?

ID3 cover to kick off their second anniversary week. Zeta and Kobo have always been good singers but Kaela has improved so much over the past two years; you love to see it. :kaelaapprob:

Zeta is live in a few hours. Schedule reminder for anniversary activities:

Extra Kaela art because she's my favorite :bunnywow:

Your oshi may be autismo maximo but Goddamn she do be cute and sexy.

Proctor is busy responding to engagement bait over on Twitter:

View attachment 66757
YWNBAFT (You will never brush a foxgirl's tail)

I swear, if foxgirls are real this fucking femboy would be on the top of the wanted list.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Google translate: " JST 4/1 (Monday) 12:00~A new program begins with Pico-chan Delivering the latest news from JP every week"

I'm not sure what this will be. Are we going to get Phase Weekly JP edition? Which would be a good idea, IMO, because Phase Weekly works pretty well. Or maybe they have another news program in mind?

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Why does this ID 1-View have better rigging than NijiEN models?
Everyone have better rigging than niji. PNGtubers have better rigging than niji. Their in-house software is simply shit that can't hold up a candle to the work done by single german dude, and it will stay shit forever.

NotDecatto

DYRBI
Yura chatting stream. Heatwave in the underworld is affecting her and she’s sweating buckets.

Edit: She’ll also be collabing with Shiki after this stream.

Last edited:

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter

Stunned But Dumb

For those that missed it, this is an accurate summary of Hime's new model stream

I clicked this thinking "Hime got a new model?" and the videos didn't show up, just the filenames, so I went to Rie's channel looking for a stream that didn't exist. I KNEW this Hime was getting an outfit and I honest to God, not trying to be mean forgot about her anyway. damn

VNU made a more detailed statement regarding Serafi's termination.

20240325-100058.png

You'd think after watching Nijisanji try and give doki two shots to the back of the head and hit each of their own feet these corps would learn that when they have to show a talent the door not to kick them on the way out. Why is this so hard? Why are they so petty

Last edited:

niggaphil

Since Gura visited Taipei Sushiro last week, and the acrylic stand is restocked for sale, I am being a sucker and went back to the Sushiro for the second time just now. :dokiSmug:

Will upload her signed board picture later on

Messenger_creation_4dbdc529-ec66-44f9-9a39-43163fc11646.jpeg

orca-image-1680444007.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom