"It's a womb tattoo, but it wasn't my choice; I have a womb tattoo and an asshole tattoo, so I can't show you lol"Fujikura Uruka

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
Screenshot_1.jpg

If the Japan-obsessed twins had the slightest bit of asian blood they wouldn't be hiding it. Unfortunately for them, they're forced to occasionally acknowledge the fact that they have no genetic connection to glorious Nippon (or even one of its neighbors).
Mind over matter, if the placebo effect works for managing pain and stress, imagine what it can do for trans-racial people

USS IOWA

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
They moved to Japan to get a japanese stem cell transplant. Living the dream

I'm sure they could get quite an abundance of genetic material samples if they put their backs into it. :dokiSmug:

Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Who's this bitch and why is she getting a new model?:mutt:

Nenélove

Dying from mexican sickness
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
They indicate that one set of grandparents are Swedes, and another set are Canadian. Writing off the Swedes, "Canadian" is still non-indicative when they clarify at least one parent is genealogically Swedish but is "Canadian" due to the location of their birth, on the presumption the Swedish grandparents moved to Canada and had a child. With no further indication of what the ethnic background that went into their "Canadian" grandparents, it's not unthinkable that they could be part asian and is just omitted info. They've pretty much proven themselves with their own tweet that the only consideration that goes into their "proof" is location of birth and that's non-indicative of their ethnicity.

Further, sure they claim "caucasian-canadian" but why ever trust a woman to represent herself accurately on the internet? :smugina: This is like looking at high-angle selfies and thinking "Yeah this bitch fit" when it's the most common angle tubbos use to hide their pig tail.

Am I being unreasonably autistic over literally nothing? It must be a day that ends with y.
Basically.
Kronii, Ina, Doki, Millie and even fucking FISHMAN are """"""""Canadian""""""""" but definitely not white.

png-clipart-flag-of-canada-canada-flag-leaf.png
CHINKADA

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

Helmet-kun

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Wardog

░Y░a░m░a░n░b░a░I░N░B░I░O░

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Or maybe they're just friends because they're all white women trying to become asian. Holo doesn't really need to poach, I'm sure there's already a gazillion talented individuals lining up in the recruiter's DMs.

There may be a ton of people sending in their resumes to Hololive, but a known quality in the realm of vtubing is far more attractive to a company than a potential.

To compare it to the NFL again, it's like how head coaches or coordinators can bounce around the league, despite having many bad seasons under their belt. You'll often see them do a terrible job for several years, get fired, and then immediately hired by another team. Why wouldn't that team just hire someone new? Because those positions require a lot of specific skills that aren't all that common, and aren't all that clear if an individual even has them - until they're actually doing the job for real.

But then, you've hired them, filling a position, and letting it rip for a season. If you're wrong, and they're missing those skills, then shit, you've just fucked the entire season - including fucking over all the other coaches and players on the team. Not good. So teams usually play it safe and pick up someone they know can work the position, and assume (or hope) that the conditions on this team will have them play out well. At worst, they'll just suck, but at least they won't tank the entire season themselves.

With vtubers, especially in companies, they need to be good at keeping up dialogue while streaming, thinking on their feet, and just generally being entertaining. They need to be, to an extent, consistent with their stream times, with working with managers, and working with other people. These qualities are not universal in any profession, but most certainly not amongst the asocial awkward menhera dorks that are drawn to vtubing. You could even have someone with a small indie past, but once you plunk them down in a larger audience - with the additional expectation of adhering to a schedule, both streaming and behind-the-scenes company work - they could just freeze up and fold under the pressure. There goes a slot in a gen, along with the upfront investment for the vtuber themselves.

Pomu is a known quality, and she's got some damn good quality. Everyone knows what she can do, and they know her draw. Vtuber agencies know she can work in a company and keep pace with management. Add on her reputation in the scene, and any company would be crazy not to want her. The only question would be if she had reached her potential ceiling. If the agencies think her limit was reached while she was in Nijisanji, well, I could see Hololive passing on her, maybe. Smaller companies would love that ceiling, though.

But yeah they probably are just friends and I'm seeing more than there is because speculating is fun.

Negzana

Aki's 4 year anniversary is almost at 1,000,000 views.

Salado

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

If only we had a Shiokko and a Chocomate in the Asylum we could recreate HoloExodia in the forms of fans

Kazuma

Early Adopter

The Rrat

Ratgirl-idol Connoisseur
Early Adopter

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Basically.
Kronii, Ina, Doki, Millie and even fucking FISHMAN are """"""""Canadian""""""""" but definitely not white.

View attachment 66738
CHINKADA

>he thinks gooks, flips and chinks are the predominant subculture of Pakistanada

lol. lmao.

God's Strongest Dragoon

>he thinks gooks, flips and chinks are the predominant subculture of Pakistanada

lol. lmao.
Pakis? Fuck man, I know you snowmexicans have already been colonized by pajeets, not pakis

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I cannot believe a fucking nigga fucking with AI produced a fucking banger. I'm fucking serious, the melody and voice is fucking great, it just works. :kiarachefkiss:

Azehara nigga tell me is this just a AI generated or did you tell the AI to sample a song and just glued everything on top of it?

Its just prompts. Honestly i didint think the Ai would catch "sounding" but somehow it bypassed the censors (you cant make sexual songs because the Ai got cucked).

Nigel Nigerman

The Niggest Negro in Nigeria
Is this like the NFL, where teams send coaches, coordinators, and even other players to butter up a high profile player in free agency?

Is Fishman going to send Muumi and Lia her way? What private flight is Idol going to send to pick her up? Is globie going to import food for their buffet?
Fishman never had the chance. Hololive sent their best straight lesbian and twin doggos to recruit her. Fishman only has *checks note, Panko.

Beatani Chisato

4lkdde.jpg

Also, fuck the gay-ops.

If the Japan-obsessed twins had the slightest bit of asian blood they wouldn't be hiding it. Unfortunately for them, they're forced to occasionally acknowledge the fact that they have no genetic connection to glorious Nippon (or even one of its neighbors).
INB4 sudden plot twist: They have Flip genes :gloomiLaugh:.

There may be a ton of people sending in their resumes to Hololive, but a known quality in the realm of vtubing is far more attractive to a company than a potential.

To compare it to the NFL again, it's like how head coaches or coordinators can bounce around the league, despite having many bad seasons under their belt. You'll often see them do a terrible job for several years, get fired, and then immediately hired by another team. Why wouldn't that team just hire someone new? Because those positions require a lot of specific skills that aren't all that common, and aren't all that clear if an individual even has them - until they're actually doing the job for real.

But then, you've hired them, filling a position, and letting it rip for a season. If you're wrong, and they're missing those skills, then shit, you've just fucked the entire season - including fucking over all the other coaches and players on the team. Not good. So teams usually play it safe and pick up someone they know can work the position, and assume (or hope) that the conditions on this team will have them play out well. At worst, they'll just suck, but at least they won't tank the entire season themselves.

With vtubers, especially in companies, they need to be good at keeping up dialogue while streaming, thinking on their feet, and just generally being entertaining. They need to be, to an extent, consistent with their stream times, with working with managers, and working with other people. These qualities are not universal in any profession, but most certainly not amongst the asocial awkward menhera dorks that are drawn to vtubing. You could even have someone with a small indie past, but once you plunk them down in a larger audience - with the additional expectation of adhering to a schedule, both streaming and behind-the-scenes company work - they could just freeze up and fold under the pressure. There goes a slot in a gen, along with the upfront investment for the vtuber themselves.

Pomu is a known quality, and she's got some damn good quality. Everyone knows what she can do, and they know her draw. Vtuber agencies know she can work in a company and keep pace with management. Add on her reputation in the scene, and any company would be crazy not to want her. The only question would be if she had reached her potential ceiling. If the agencies think her limit was reached while she was in Nijisanji, well, I could see Hololive passing on her, maybe. Smaller companies would love that ceiling, though.

But yeah they probably are just friends and I'm seeing more than there is because speculating is fun.
:shubaIapprob:

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Ame is apparently moving back in with her family. Or rather, her family is moving in with her. This is... slightly concerning. For those who don't know the lore:
Ame grew up very poor. Her parents were basically never present so she and her older brother were raised by her grandmother and aunt instead. For most of her life this was the norm, until she started streaming and got modest sum of cash to herself. Her grandmother died while she was developing her streaming career - She was planning on becoming an EMT if she wasn't able to go any further... then she got accepted into Hololive.

Fast forward a year or so: Ame has been greatly successful and shared her wealth with her family (mainly by buying Auntie Watson a car). Apparently her mother heard about her throwing her cash around because she decided to "suddenly" come back into her life to beg her for cash. Ame, being too nice for her own good, gave her it.

Based on her saying she's moving today, and the other hints she's dropped during her sparse streaming since around Thanksgiving, we can kind of actually extrapolate what the last few months have been. Ame's family is in dire straits financially - she started paying for their health care. She's basically only doing that because her younger brother is in her mom's care and presumably she cares about him enough to not let him suffer for his mom's awful financial sensibility. I would guess Thanksgiving was the moment her family proposed to her to move in together. She probably spent the last few months working on foreclosing a house for them - she said this stream Studio de Ame is "getting bigger", so I'd guess she'll at least have space to herself.
So tl;dr: Positives are that we might get more big bro/little bro watson stories on stream (maybe debuts?), Auntie Watson closer to home, also bigger studio for more stuff. Major negative is living with her financial leech of a mother. Not too excited but at least glad the situation should probably be over soon so we can get back a semblance of "normal".

Top Bottom