"Suspensions are meant for reflecting on actions. So I did and came to the conclusion that I was right"Roza Coatl

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Is this the first time a western company is trying to break into the JP space? I remember Vshojo and their talent freedom campaign posters in Tokyo but that never went anywhere.
VShojo's JP presence was barely even an attempt, since out of the JP-speaking talents they brought on they have Kson and Henya who have a mostly Western audience anyway, and Michaelcat was too busy menhera-ing elsewhere to remember she was even in the company most of the time.

Unless the opportunity to sweep up another major corpo graduate comes along I can't see them really prioritising it.

I mostly feel like the new JP gen exists so the existing ones have a company. It must be very lonely in a corpo full of people you struggle to understand and who live by different clock, even if they all love and care about you
I mean, it's an attempt to expand the company first and foremost, but it'll open new opportunities for the existing JP girls for sure.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Them becoming possibly Brave puppets is too new to react, although ES may be a reason. Then again, It became obvious that Idol made itself look bigger than it is with money, so is there even need to be afraid of it?
Why are you phasefriends so worried about the jews? You can both be mid agencies... :SelenHAHAhere:

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

Bullied by his JP talents too. How will he ever recover?
1692297655481018.png

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

seenister

さあ行こう :pippasquish:

I can't believe Sakana used himself as nuke to nuke Japan...
Interestingly. the "mai" that helped Runie's song is not here. Maybe she's not a talent? or an invader?
Probably not a talent. If they have invaders planned, I am convinced they're doing a Nijisanji. Whether it's a good or a bad thing, I don't know.

Bronze

Why are you phasefriends so worried about the jews? You can both be mid agencies... :SelenHAHAhere:
I'll bite it. That was the thing i wanted actually. Having some small corp stability in western ENVtubing. Then Adviel announced Brave partnership and my hope died. I genuinely hope its just him using Brave money to boost Idol and not just selling the company to them. I don't know anything about VSPO, but im not a fan of what Brave is doing outside JP

Negzana

Sakana better be hiring the saddest of sadnip girls

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Them becoming possibly Brave puppets is too new to react, although ES may be a reason. Then again, It became obvious that Idol made itself look bigger than it is with money, so is there even need to be afraid of it?
Yeah
Guys do you forget how much do you shill their agencies here?
BRAVE Group can easily force themselves into the market in the blink of an eye
This conglomerate isnt just money: they also have staff and 3D

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I don't know anything about VSPO, but im not a fan of what Brave is doing outside JP
Me neither tbh, Todd said it best: No agency that dedicates itself to buying out the competition has good intentions.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
What if the reason Michael left vShojo was to join PhaseJP?
:cursedbae:

Negzana

I was Ninja'd

but really, if Sakana managed to somehow get Mikeneko into PC he won the menhera corpo award for eternity

that or if he poached Delta

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
It could go either way, really. The JPs in Gen 1 have always just been awkwardly sitting there while the EN girls took off, and I feel like there's been an ongoing chicken and egg loop with them not pulling numbers because they haven't had any real investment in them. This being a JP-specific gen with (presumably) actual JP-specific marketing and dedicated management behind the scenes could give this new gen a boost the original three didn't have.

I do think it feels a bit soon to launch them now though, since Gen 3 and even the second wave of Invaders are still fairly new - even with a different target demographic this time around, there's still the risk of them cannibalising each other's international audience. Once these new girls are up and running Phase needs to slow the fuck down for a while to let everyone establish themselves properly.
Agreed. I'm hoping that an actual JP gen will give the original JP members a bit of a boost. While I've seen no indication that Nasa, Michi, and Iori are unhappy with their time at Phase, it's a real shame they never really went far considering they sit in the same gen with EN vtubers that pull in a primarily EN audience. Hopefully putting some focus on the JP side will bring in more of an audience for them too.

And I also agree with slowing down. It hasn't been a year since Invaders 2.0 yet, so after this, hopefully Phase puts more focus on strengthening what they have now. They've been doing well lately and have introduced new projects and such, so they really need to work with that, along with the usual events, convention appearances, etc.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Last edited:

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
さあ行こう :pippasquish:

A trailer for English speakers released at like 5AM JST tells me pretty much all I need to know about how this will pan out

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Anyone remember back a while ago when Idol corp said they would make their talents contracts public by the end of the year?
And bunch of vtweeters began fellating Aviel for how stunning and brave he was?

What happened to all that?

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
I'll bite it. That was the thing i wanted actually. Having some small corp stability in western ENVtubing. Then Adviel announced Brave partnership and my hope died. I genuinely hope its just him using Brave money to boost Idol and not just selling the company to them. I don't know anything about VSPO, but im not a fan of what Brave is doing outside JP
Now that we are talking about this i think there still time to stop them:
-Globie and that other agency arent big enough YET
-Idol hasnt sell out the company YET
-And everyone else seems okay with the existence of Brave group in the west FOR NOW

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I was Ninja'd

but really, if Sakana managed to somehow get Mikeneko into PC he won the menhera corpo award for eternity

that or if he poached Delta
You know someone out here wants a menhera hag corp. Why not start with hag prime herself Michael Cat

:robertudrink:

Bronze

NO, I dont want her ANYWHERE near Phase, She will melt the company single handedly.
Anyone remember back a while ago when Idol corp said they would make their talents contracts public by the end of the year?

Now that we are talking about this i think there still time to stop them:
-Globie and that other agencie arent big enough YET
-Idol hasnt sell out the company YET
-And everyone else seems okay with the existence of Brave group in the west FOR NOW
That will change when VSPO EN appears. They also have at least 2 more project for west according to their website. The audition page is informative, but bit old as globie is not there

Negzana

Aviel found that the scan of Riro's contract had cumstains and cocaine smears

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

He is not Brave enough now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom