"I hate everyone, I hate this game, but most of all I hate myself"IRyS

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I gotta say, da fish has balls. Launching 5 talents in a market in which he's done poorly in the past and which is utterly dominated by others, godspeed to him.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Fishman noticed the lack of ACCELERATION in Nijeria, time to even the odds
Let's just hope that he doesn't commit the same errors... fanbase burnout is a very real thing.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Let's just hope that he doesn't commit the same errors... fanbase burnout is a very real thing.
I dont think he is stupid enough to go full balls to the wall in a market where he is literally a nobody, even Vshoujo has SOME recognition in Japan just for getting Kson and Miguel

I dont know why Fishman and Aviel want to get into markets where they are completely new players. at least Aviel went to a untapped market that is the spanish one

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
I dont think he is stupid enough to go full balls to the wall in a market where he is literally a nobody, even Vshoujo has SOME recognition in Japan just for getting Kson and Miguel

I dont know why Fishman and Aviel want to get into markets where they are completely new players. at least Aviel went to a untapped market that is the spanish one
please dont discount phase gen 1

Bronze

I gotta say, da fish has balls. Launching 5 talents in a market in which he's done poorly in the past and which is utterly dominated by others, godspeed to him.
Its definitely a very interesting move. I'm also suprised there are 5 new talents, as i was expecting Origins jp girls to be part of 1st JP gen along new talents. Regardless, I won't fill here with my rrats about it when we have a thread for those interested.

There is a community in JP, albeit really small one. There are JP phase friends thanks to origin girls, and now they have a branch they can better interact with.

It's been shared at Pomu thread, but she's live playin Chilla's art game..

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
It could go either way, really. The JPs in Gen 1 have always just been awkwardly sitting there while the EN girls took off, and I feel like there's been an ongoing chicken and egg loop with them not pulling numbers because they haven't had any real investment in them. This being a JP-specific gen with (presumably) actual JP-specific marketing and dedicated management behind the scenes could give this new gen a boost the original three didn't have.

I do think it feels a bit soon to launch them now though, since Gen 3 and even the second wave of Invaders are still fairly new - even with a different target demographic this time around, there's still the risk of them cannibalising each other's international audience. Once these new girls are up and running Phase needs to slow the fuck down for a while to let everyone establish themselves properly.

Bronze

Amazing
Does he have a plan? Or have something prepared for these debuts?
We may laugh at him, but he's not stupid enough to randomly do this for the sake of it. He is a business man, with flaws, sure but he is one. He also allegedly in Japan right now, so he's taking it serious if its correct

Is this the first time a western company is trying to break into the JP space? I remember Vshojo and their talent freedom campaign posters in Tokyo but that never went anywhere.
Vshojo and Phase have different approaches. Vshojo doesn't grow talents, it generally take established ones. Although with Nazuna out, their JP side may take a hit, as Henya is mostly EN with some JP community. So their community is entirely just kson. Still bigger than Phase JP community ofc

Last edited:

Alchemyth

さあ行こう :pippasquish:

Is this the first time a western company is trying to break into the JP space? I remember Vshojo and their talent freedom campaign posters in Tokyo but that never went anywhere.

Limkin

I mostly feel like the new JP gen exists so the existing ones have a company. It must be very lonely in a corpo full of people you struggle to understand and who live by different clock, even if they all love and care about you
Now give me more dragon girls and no one will get hurt :tomorrow:

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Vshojo's foray was essentially kson, who is an english speaker anyways and mike who just piggybacked off of kson and stopped caring 2 seconds later.
I can assure you that it's gonna be MUCH harder to break into japan from the west, the nip corpos' EN branches may look weak nowadays, but their reach in their own turf is insane and their footing much more secure.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
i couldnt tell ya shit if its a good decision from a buisiness standpoint but atleast the JP girls who were already in can have a great rock to collab with and more JP staff from the looks of things

Plus Tenma and Iori could pull the mediator role between everyone if they wanted to

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
1. Debut a new JP wave in a dominated market
2. "Leak" information of your attractive Vtuber roommates on Iketog
3. ???
4. Profit

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Maybe Sakana is scared off Adviel and his new chink overlords that still have a third gen and a ES Branch in their plans

Templeton

Find your own damn thesaurus!
The only way that Fishman would announce a new gen of Phase talent after the release of gen 3 and make them all Japs is if he knew Proctor was asleep. I kneel to Kevin.

Bronze

Maybe Sakana is scared off Adviel and his new chink overlords that still have a third gen and a ES Branch in their plans
Them becoming possibly Brave puppets is too new to react, although ES may be a reason. Then again, It became obvious that Idol made itself look bigger than it is with money, so is there even need to be afraid of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom