"Oh, I'm always, technically 24/7 brainfog lol"IRyS

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

Saya's finishing typing of the dead.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

Stunned But Dumb

Belle Eden is giving singing another shot today. I hope she'll keep trying

Horo7618

No one in particular

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
Amora going live in 30 min from this post. Karaoke!

Edit: I missed a good chunk of this stream earlier. Might wanna rewatch the VOD later just to hear Karrot's experience with virtual boothing at Comic Fiesta.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It seems that their recent Oshi Live 3d mini concert they did is related to this "Brave Group", as this was on their website

They seem to be a group expanding in other regions as well?

It's possible. Maybe Brave's not satisfied with the growth of V4Mirai so far and this is testing the waters of doing a complete buyout of Idol in order to instantly get themselves a solid foothold in the EN market. Might not be a bad deal for either company.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Brave ends up buying out Niji or some shit to actually try to monopolize the whole industry, I still don't fully trust them. Aviel is definitely getting bought out though, but in typical jew trickery he might get himself a lofty position on the board in exchange and end up ascending to CEO of the whole thing in the future.
As much as i want to say this is a peak woman take. I'm interested to see what you think is promising or appealing there? Getting a chuuba's view on it would be informative.
Money, everyone who wants this shitshow to succeed only cares because this is essentially just a charity for chuubas. The company is admittedly not intending to make a profit and is just a money burning scheme born out of rifuu's ego.

The Rratarded Alt

I... don't know either
:shiinastare:
The OVA is a bummer and a half.

Also, it is not available to legally stream outside of Japan

Edit: minor spoilers specifically, the anime is good, but depressing.

Tubedude

It's possible. Maybe Brave's not satisfied with the growth of V4Mirai so far and this is testing the waters of doing a complete buyout of Idol in order to instantly get themselves a solid foothold in the EN market. Might not be a bad deal for either company.
Considering a lot of the Idol girls are showing signs of life/activity on their PL's, a buyout could also go horribly wrong. Brave's restrictions are probably very different from what the IdolEN girls enjoyed having for most of their time thus far, so a buyout could blow up in Brave's face if they make too many changes.

Her general contract terms, while optimistic, are very VERY nice. I think she'll probably run out of money pretty quickly, and I think appealing to such a volatile audience is dumb (coomers), but overall I think if she can hold to what she's preaching and succeed, it'd be really cool to see.
I also just really like the silhouette for the "Pins" character...............

The cut is great, the benefits are great, the :talentfreedom: is great. Just overall good concepts for an agency, especially coming from being indie.
So you're in a "hope it works out cause it is a nice deal for talents" mindset. Hey if it works, that's great, but realistically I don't see it working all that well. I guess it is nice to see experimental corpos be more talent positive than heavy restrictive.

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

Azki's voice is so beautiful, I will treasure this clip forever......

BEEG Booba Fishing

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Brave ends up buying out Niji or some shit to actually try to monopolize the whole industry, I still don't fully trust them. Aviel is definitely getting bought out though, but in typical jew trickery he might get himself a lofty position on the board in exchange and end up ascending to CEO of the whole thing in the future.
Ummm IDK about that while Chronoir its still under Anycolor they will still be safe: These two are currently the best vtubers in the industry and have a lot of deals with other brands.
In the other hand i have to say that its dissapointing that one single Member yab is all what was needed to destroy the Jew Temple

Limkin

Her general contract terms, while optimistic, are very VERY nice. I think she'll probably run out of money pretty quickly, and I think appealing to such a volatile audience is dumb (coomers), but overall I think if she can hold to what she's preaching and succeed, it'd be really cool to see.
I also just really like the silhouette for the "Pins" character...............

The cut is great, the benefits are great, the :talentfreedom: is great. Just overall good concepts for an agency, especially coming from being indie.
Consider the simple math - being in a company is supposed to increase your revenue as a streamer to a rate proportional to a cut they take, to even consider joining them. If you want to launch new vtubers (and you do if you don't want to be forgotten and irrelevant) then it requires money. Let's be generous and assume a corpo doubles your income, this would allow it to afford a new gen every year, at the cost of 50% cut. This is a very big number and a very slow rate of expansion. She either needs to be extremely successful in boosting her members revenue (which let's be real is not going to happen with a no name agency) or take a very large cut. She thinks that she can pick dollars out of thin air and people will give it to her "just because". This will only end in everyone around taking advantage of her own stupidity, until she is broke, in debt, and lost an ability to trust anyone forever

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Considering a lot of the Idol girls are showing signs of life/activity on their PL's, a buyout could also go horribly wrong. Brave's restrictions are probably very different from what the IdolEN girls enjoyed having for most of their time thus far, so a buyout could blow up in Brave's face if they make too many changes.
I'm glad we're all in agreement that the flurry of PL activity is caused by the Brave Partnership and not by Riro's firing.

No, seriously, I'm pretty sure we're all agreeing on that.

IIRC, Brave has a poor reputation from the first time it tangled with the industry, but its financial resources are nothing to scoff at. There's a difference between "Jewish startup, ads, shekels, teehee" and "JP corp that bought out Japan's #3 corp (admittedly at a level loosely comparable to Phase Connect, not a serious competitor for the big two) at the start of its shopping spree."

If Brave Group is hands off enough and provides resources, this can be a legitimate boon for Idol's talents, getting shit in 2024 they couldn't expect from Idol alone by 2027. I can understand being worried about the future, but if I were an Idol talent, I'd absolutely give this a shot.

Okay, this does assume that this partnership turns into an actual buyout, but by the looks of it, everyone agrees that's a given as long as Idol's talents vibe with Brave's during the cooperation honeymoon.

Now the big question: Given Brave's shopping spree and EN startups (plural), I'd assume that Brave were the ones to approach Aviel. It's hardly certain, but IMO more likely.

Was he the only one they approached?
I don't much to add, but all the "we're so cool, look at our revenue splits!" PR crap makes a lot more sense when you look at it from the perspective of Aviel shopping around to sell.
I feel like investors would care less about how great of a deal Idol is for the talents and more about revenue and growth rates, tbh.

Last edited:

Horo7618

No one in particular
Consider the simple math - being in a company is supposed to increase your revenue as a streamer to a rate proportional to a cut they take, to even consider joining them.
That seems questionable? I think the attraction of a corp for a lot of people is more the idea of additional management support, networking, etc rather than raw dollars? There's still a value added for cut taken equation for sure, but it's more complex than just $$$

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

Sorry guys Discord staff caught her grooming

Edit:

1703787391671.png

We are so back bros, we have never been so back

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Sorry guys Discord staff caught her grooming

>implying discord bans people for grooming

That would easily nuke 3/4 of its userbase

The Rratarded Alt

I'm glad we're all in agreement that the flurry of PL activity is caused by the Brave Partnership and not by Riro's firing.

IIRC, Brave has a poor reputation from the first time it tangled with the industry, but its financial resources are nothing to scoff at. There's a difference between "Jewish startup, ads, shekels, teehee" and "JP corp that bought out Japan's #3 corp (admittedly at a level loosely comparable to Phase Connect, not a serious competitor for the big two) at the start of its shopping spree."

If Brave Group is hands off enough and provides resources, this can be a legitimate boon for Idol's talents, getting shit in 2024 they couldn't expect from Idol alone by 2027. I can understand being worried about the future, but if I were an Idol talent, I'd absolutely give this a shot.

Okay, this does assume that this partnership turns into an actual buyout, but by the looks of it, everyone agrees that's a given as long as Idol's talents vibe with Brave's during the cooperation honeymoon.

Now the big question: Given Brave's shopping spree and EN startups (plural), I'd assume that Brave were the ones to approach Aviel. It's hardly certain, but IMO more likely.

I don't much to add, but all the "we're so cool, look at our revenue splits!" PR crap makes a lot more sense when you look at it from the perspective of Aviel shopping around to sell.

Tubedude

>implying discord bans people for grooming
Hey now, they ban what they even suspect is grooming in anime communities. Now if it's furries or troonshine on the other hand....

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

I know Yamanbas are tired of the Phase and Idol comparisons but now its just funny

Phase started out looking like a scam, to having a shaky first year (pre muumi) to being a rising corpo in the niche of small EN corpos
idol went from looking like a scam, to a niche israeli-only userbase, to a decently succesful EN corpo, but then the katta/aviel thing was dug out in response to its first major controversy that was born out of the mistake of hiring a russian/spanish menhera skeleton. And now the buyout rrats are feasting like they're in new york

its like pottery, it rhymes my dudes

The Rratarded Alt

Mococo seems to be doing something inspired by the orange dragon instead of FWMC Morning tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom