"I hate women in professional positions. I hate women who are dentists, because everytime I've encountered women in these jobs, they have been dogshit. When I look for doctors online, first I filter out the women, then I take my pick from among the Koreans"Kirschey
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Limkin

We can groom Mika into joining HoloID, ayo

Horo7618

No one in particular
Mika talked at length about why she is leaving [...] since the merge, all of that has become impossible for her. At the same time she has become close friends with multiple holo id and niji en. She sees them getting all this stuff, while she is stuck with no signs of anything ever moving.
Seems like it would have been better all around to just kill the branch outright and let everyone go at once rather than drag them through this.....

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Discord-1k-Wh-SS0b-SB.png

:fishmandispair:

Smegmar

Sarcastic Asshole
Well, that's just it. My Solid State Streams are getting like 20-30 CCV, not 3 (except the ones where I don't really have a guest or topic). That's still itty bitty numbers but it was the game streams where I got 3 CCV, if I was lucky - usually it was closer to zero. People are voting with their eyeballs and it's not necessarily what I wanted them to vote for but I still enjoy it and it feels better to have some growth rather than none so I'm letting myself be led in that direction. I believe it's the wrong path to take if I want a future with a corpo. But that was probably never in the cards anyway.

I'd actually argue that collabing frequently is super damaging to growth. They take your attention away from chat which means new faces coming in to say hello get ignored. Not to say you can't collab and talk to chat, but then that goes into the whole "collab etiquette" bullshit. Community engagement is crucial. Tons of replies to chat, games that let chat interact, or even submission oriented streams. Collabs can be good to introduce friends communities to your content, but I would never rely on it as a for sure way to get new members. I'd say raids are a pretty good source of potential growth, and a good way to get those are from raiding others around your size or streaming around when your friends are ending theirs.

I always notice lower numbers when I do collabs. Like it nearly cuts my stream average in half.

Unfortunately everyone stagnates. That's just part of the battle. The best thing you can do is be grateful for the one person who will start frequenting your community and over time they'll build up. Even just one new member is a big feat in itself. Sorry to ramble at you, I just get the ick when collabs are always suggested as like THE way to grow.

I WILL say, though, channels who want to focus on a group dynamic should do interview focused contents because every VTuber/Streamer loves to talk about themselves and I have seen channels who make that their focus really climb. Maybe you could add a twist to it though and include some sort of drinking game during the interview, or straight up copy that one hot sauce thing or whatever.

Production also matters a lot too. Could add moments where you play someone's clips when they come on and kinda turn it into a whole ass show. I'm also just super insane and ambitious to a fault so I could keep rambling. If you ever want to talk more on this or whatever I'd love to help in any way I can. DMs are open !

Regardless, I'm wishing you the best.
(Also 20-30 is really good for a dude, so bravo)

midori

the green thing

In defense of Hexa's chat, they sound freaking hilarious.

Suggestion: I'd wire that shit up to various dono goals, find some other girls that would do a multiplayer like this and do a mald stream if I were you, Hexa. Some of the Phase talents did this with Minecraft and let the viewers pay to troll them and that shit was kino.

Maybe @Smegmar and I can find 2 other chuubas and go ham...

Smegmar

Sarcastic Asshole
Maybe @Smegmar and I can find 2 other chuubas and go ham...
I focus on rage content on stream, I'm super down. Just heads up that I scream and yell VERY loudly.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Phase Connect, I feel, got it right with their Gen 2 Minecraft Collab about a year ago or so

In-game fuckery was tied to donations - the larger the donation, the more the game was messed with

absolute genius in terms of content, and I'm surprised it hasn't caught on
There was a Discord screencap of Sakana circulating around the time the Minecraft crowd control streams were happening where he was pondering out loud about how much donation-baiting is too much. I unfortunately don't have it to hand, but I distinctly remember seeing it since this was also around the time Pippa had a menhera episode on stream and, without context, some people mistook it as a tasteless comment in relation to that.

It's possible that after weighing up the money it made in the short-term vs. the sustainability of running donation-powered streams as regular programming in the long-term, they decided to scale them back. It's a fine line to walk, since running explicit fundraisers like those streams along with donothons etc. too frequently would exhaust people's goodwill (and disposable income).

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
I posted this in Hexa's discord, but I found it funny, so I'll post it here too.
brave-z-U14-Mf-MPPZ.png

Literally half a second of a Lethal Company server named Yamanba on screen :Vesper-UNHINGED:

Netscaper

Early Adopter
Seems like it would have been better all around to just kill the branch outright and let everyone go at once rather than drag them through this.....

So merging a branch is like putting it on death row. You get a very small backlash because you are not firing them, you even are adding them to the main branch! They will surely get more assistance and opportunities this way. In reality you are just putting them on a cue to fire them in a more sneaky and delayed way.
I hope a typhoon destroys this fucker's flotilla.

About where could Mika go realistically, it's either HoloID or Vshojo. English it's not that of an issue in HoloID because until EN was created a lot of their members did mainly English streams, until management half-assedly insisted on the ID streams. She also speaks Javanese, which ID people consider as "Rude Bahasa". :ironmousekek: Main problem could be the "Idol" push, but I really don't know enough about Mika on that front.
Vshojo could also happen if the ex-Nijis insist (and I think Mika has been in Ironmouse's "Speak of the devil"), and if she streams on twitch, it would help with interactivity. On the other hand collabs with other ID may be slightly more problematic if the relations between Vshojo and Holo sour.

Her going to Idol or Phase I just don't see it, mainly because of no connections.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Phase or even Idol are not at all near the level of the big two, the only one with that amount of brand power is VSJ, so unless a talent explicitly wanted to scale back their reach for whatever reason i think the chances of them jumping to either one of those is almost null

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Fucking Bettel jumpscare redirecting me into femboy Flayon somehow more gay than watching a Barbie movie alone as an adult male.

Anime Fan

Wolf playing Half-Life in about five minutes.

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Organizing collabs in a forum its the future :BijouBijou:
If we manage to get more chuubas hanging around here then we could totally have a thread for collabo requests and stream ideas or smth. I know proctor wants to groom more chuubas so why not attract them with such amenities?

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3
I am surprised nobody mentioned MAHA5 but i guess they also are responsible for the dominance that Holo ID has in the country due to their incompetence so they are pretty easy to forget

Related: Kobo always cheers me up

Panko Enjoyer

Her face is like a fucking square lol.
Germanic blood does that.
By Mikas own words, she currently has NO plans whatsoever.
Weird, Nina's plans were basically "I just plan to go on vacation and travel"
They really just fucked ID like that huh

Fucking asshats
All because the branch stagnated. Maybe it could have been different if Hana realized that "the rising tide raises all ships" instead of "I'll wait for them"

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
Well Nyamas Christmas concert was cute very scuffed but a fun project and a nice watch yellow cat good 💛

Top Bottom