"lol you are so tiny, I will suffocate you with my ass"Nikki Rei
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Horo7618

No one in particular

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I would argue that having the staff work out the technical details beforehand would more than be worth the dono potential
your underestimating everything that needs to set up.

first you need talents not too hard but they all have to be free on the same date.

Then you need staff able to manage them during the stream

then you need guys to actually set it up both on the donation side and the minecraft side.

and while some people can fill more then one role it's still a ton of logistics both in setting it up and keeping it working and getting everyone together at the same time.

And if you keep it running instead of having it be a rare one off the novelty wears off quick.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
She can become his apprentice in the mystic technique of grabbing keychains from a box.
its not about just grabbing the keychains, but about grabbing the ones asked for without looking

MythicalSloth

Well-adjusted Individual
Update on Lorelai Loch.

Last edited:

Anime Fan

Runie Christmas karaoke in 10 minutes. Should be pretty good, she's definitely a talented singer based on the music she's put out so far.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
your underestimating everything that needs to set up.

first you need talents not too hard but they all have to be free on the same date.

Then you need staff able to manage them during the stream

then you need guys to actually set it up both on the donation side and the minecraft side.

and while some people can fill more then one role it's still a ton of logistics both in setting it up and keeping it working and getting everyone together at the same time.

And if you keep it running instead of having it be a rare one off the novelty wears off quick.

To all of this I say:

Yes, and?

It's going to take work to replicate the exact scenario, much like anything else that is pushing new tech in the industry, and I still maintain that the donation potential would be worth it.

On a smaller scale, individual streamers could test the waters with single-player, moddable games, not necessarily Minecraft. Learn the process as you go, turn the scuff into content itself. As time goes by, more streams are in the bag, more experience and tech know-how in how to set it up, and to teach their friends how to do so. Slowly expand to two people streaming at once, when that process has been nailed down, add another, so on and so forth.

But, really, the benefit I see is in solo-streams, giving added benefits to regular donations when activated. In the short term, early days of using it will have a sizeable boost in donos, which will readily stabilize as time goes by. Stable does not mean "bad" or "not worth the effort", as this sort of thing could be used to give supporters more value for their dollar, incentivizing them to stay/remain as regular supporters. I see this as adding to the value proposition of the streamer, where I would argue that the start-up cost - while initially high in comparison to immediate returns - is something that will be appreciated in the long-term, where it shouldn't be seen as a novelty, but something in the same vein as "funny sounds being played on stream tied to donation number".

Once normalized, it would be up to the streamers themselves to innovate, but that's a different conversation altogether in terms of talent vs streamer ability to maintain an audience.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
fucking cold triangle my beloved :whatastory:

i cant believe that my oshi is an isoceles all along

I thought that Rin meant bell (and also the sound that a bell makes). Did they use the wrong kanji?
1. There is a huge divide in fandom, twitch viewers doesn't watch youtube vtuber and youtube vtuber fan doesn't watch twitch vtuber.
My brother in Christ, it's not about the vtubers themselves. I don't watch Twitch. I used to be an occasional Pikamee viewer, but I haven't watched Henya since her debut, although I do watch clips of her on YouTube. I'll watch La Gatita de San Miguel on YouTube, but I've never watched Nazuna. I don't like Twitch; it has nothing to do with the vtubers.

Username Generator

Early Adopter
Methinks Mika is ID4 bound at this point. She's not popular enough in the west and Japan, especially in Twitch where all of VHoeshow resides. The only way Mika joins them is if Gunrun wants to expand his company/group/collective whatever. We'll see next year what will happen.
By Mikas own words, she currently has NO plans whatsoever. She plans to visit roomie for some time, maybe travel a bit and then take care of her multiple health issues. She obviously has seen speculation online and was more impressed by the plans people come up with, like "wait, i could actually do that" and was happy that everyone sees her as responsible enough to think that she actually has plans.

Holo/Niji have not poached a talent from each other since Luna back in 2019, I don't want to even fathom what kind of shitstorm would occur if it happened nowadays
I doubt this would result in much of a shitstorm. Mika is still fairly small and it is not like niji is trying to keep any of their id livers.

I have been keeping track of a lot of ID vtubers to see who its going to be there and the list almost goes up to 20 but most of these are either:
-Figthing with their corp
-Graduating because they are doxxed
-Just dont wanna be vtubers anymore so they just drop it
-Are burn out
So i think i have only one confirmed out of 3 (that its the average ID gen)
There could be surprises who knows?
Mika talked at length about why she is leaving in this stream (around 02:29:00). It is pretty long, but i will try my best to summarize it: She wants to be part of the big events, wants to have merch, meet and greets, all that fun stuff. But since the merge, all of that has become impossible for her. At the same time she has become close friends with multiple holo id and niji en. She sees them getting all this stuff, while she is stuck with no signs of anything ever moving. The charity stream was the last big thing she could achive in niji, everything beyond that is impossible. Not because it could not theoretically be organised, but because niji has decided that they wont do stuff for niji id anymore. She went from "waiting with excitement to just waiting to not hoping at all". Over time, this took a massive toll on her and has now reached the tipping point.

From what i can see, she still likes organising bigger things, for example she did multiple game show streams in the past weeks, but she just has 0 support when doing so.

As someone who considers Mika one of my oshis, FUCK YOU Nijisanji for treating her this way. The amount of potential they are wasting here is insane. I really hope that, if she returns to streaming, finds a good place to achieve her goals. As for the candidates:

Hololive: Maybe? She is close with a few of the holo id (as in they meet irl regularly), but if she would join holo id the language would be a problem. She currently streams english 99% of the time, so if she were to speak english all the time in holo id people would (understandably) get mad, but if she speaks only indonesian none of her current viewerbase would transfer over. Holo en could be a possibility too, but i doubt it.

Vshojo: The most likely option imo. Mysta and Nina are already there and she is also friends with Geega. I could imagine that while she herself would not apply to them, that her friends could have Vshojo reach out to her and ask her if she wants to join.

Phase: Im not that deep into Phase, so it is hard to judge. Given recent statements, does Phase have anyone similar to Mika (chatting streams with very high chat interaction)?

Idol: I don't know much about Idol, so maybe?

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I'll watch Pippa movie watchalongs on twitch, but I won't make an account so I don't chat or anything else.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
HoloEnCalendar
Missing day 21 recipe from dad

Day 23 Grinchrys

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
By Mikas own words, she currently has NO plans whatsoever. She plans to visit roomie for some time, maybe travel a bit and then take care of her multiple health issues. She obviously has seen speculation online and was more impressed by the plans people come up with, like "wait, i could actually do that" and was happy that everyone sees her as responsible enough to think that she actually has plans.

I doubt this would result in much of a shitstorm. Mika is still fairly small and it is not like niji is trying to keep any of their id livers.

Mika talked at length about why she is leaving in this stream (around 02:29:00). It is pretty long, but i will try my best to summarize it: She wants to be part of the big events, wants to have merch, meet and greets, all that fun stuff. But since the merge, all of that has become impossible for her. At the same time she has become close friends with multiple holo id and niji en. She sees them getting all this stuff, while she is stuck with no signs of anything ever moving. The charity stream was the last big thing she could achive in niji, everything beyond that is impossible. Not because it could not theoretically be organised, but because niji has decided that they wont do stuff for niji id anymore. She went from "waiting with excitement to just waiting to not hoping at all". Over time, this took a massive toll on her and has now reached the tipping point.

From what i can see, she still likes organising bigger things, for example she did multiple game show streams in the past weeks, but she just has 0 support when doing so.

As someone who considers Mika one of my oshis, FUCK YOU Nijisanji for treating her this way. The amount of potential they are wasting here is insane. I really hope that, if she returns to streaming, finds a good place to achieve her goals. As for the candidates:

Hololive: Maybe? She is close with a few of the holo id (as in they meet irl regularly), but if she would join holo id the language would be a problem. She currently streams english 99% of the time, so if she were to speak english all the time in holo id people would (understandably) get mad, but if she speaks only indonesian none of her current viewerbase would transfer over. Holo en could be a possibility too, but i doubt it.

Vshojo: The most likely option imo. Mysta and Nina are already there and she is also friends with Geega. I could imagine that while she herself would not apply to them, that her friends could have Vshojo reach out to her and ask her if she wants to join.

Phase: Im not that deep into Phase, so it is hard to judge. Given recent statements, does Phase have anyone similar to Mika (chatting streams with very high chat interaction)?

Idol: I don't know much about Idol, so maybe?
They really just fucked ID like that huh

Fucking asshats

soap suds

By Mikas own words, she currently has NO plans whatsoever. She plans to visit roomie for some time, maybe travel a bit and then take care of her multiple health issues.
What are her medical issues anyways? I think she mentioned how all of her medical stuff is going to take a month or something. I mean, she said it wasn’t serious, but I kind of want to know what the hell she’s been delaying for like two months.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Cyon is singing for you this season

Slutpuppies

unity love, resident luxiem fangull

As someone who considers Mika one of my oshis, FUCK YOU Nijisanji for treating her this way. The amount of potential they are wasting here is insane. I really hope that, if she returns to streaming, finds a good place to achieve her goals.

I've always thought Mika was funny, but everything she's done since she announced her graduation has been super impressive. It was so fucked how they did Niji ID, especially since the branch was literally on an upswing when it happened.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
Top Bottom