"They're having babies! I want all of them to be white"Inugami Korone

Announcement Containment Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
"Don't be an identifiable retard"
Main account. Not even behind an alt we can all wink-wink-nudge each over, directly traceable to here. Even /vt/ knows Proctor, he's the guy who blogposts and overshares in chats until they either get sick of him and tell him to shut the fuck up or the streamer accidentally offends him and he drops them like nothing.
View attachment 54580
And how about that time Proctor prompted us to dox Ragdoll's location? Yeah I bet she thought that was some real valid criticism.

Listen, I like this place and a lot of users, but I'm fucking sick of the hypocrisy that floats around. There's a clear divide between those users who actually follow the rules vs those who pay lipservice to it and then immediately drop their pants to start shitting where they eat as soon as they think it's funny or no-one will notice. That the latter includes staff members isn't great. Takodachi's real issue is falling on the wrong side of the line where the right people (ie Proctor) didn't find it funny enough, not that he was acting particularly differently. It just happened to be something Proctor cares about, not something he can't be fucked to police like slurs or harassing other talents.

And acting like a reddit powerjanny threatening to ban people just for talking about the matter and actually following through on banning Rrat over it for disagreeing is just a red flag, smug cunt attitude about it and all. That's obviously not going to go over well with a Kiwifarms-derived userbase, don't know what you're thinking with that. This place took off because it was more convenient than the homelands with its semi-frequent outages, but if the staff are going to act like hypocritical spergs then that can change.
People in the Homeland are talking about this gay drama right now
They dont know shit about the Riro drama
And also they were just talking about Miori and her family problems before the Ban
Good Luck because most of them are like La+ poster only posting about their respective Oshi and the other just want to get spoonfeed in drama

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Takodachi did do everything that has been cited as a reason for the ban, but to be perfectly frank, so did a lot of us, just with different targets. Vshojo/Froot, others along those lines. They're just acceptable targets on TVA.

This. We have gone too long accepting people who were always unacceptable, but who found ways to mask their unacceptability by only punching down at people who everyone else collectively disliked.

Cowtipping is real bad, m'kay, unless it's chatting up Q while she's having a twitter spergout over reading the forum, and then making a stream out of it, because that's content, therefore it's not cowtipping.

If you think that's what cowtipping is, you're a retard.

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
Yeah how dare someone harass someone by *checks notes* archiving something someone doesn't want archived.
Wait a minute...
View attachment 54581
There's a few subtle but important distinctions to make note of here. First up Kiwifarmers archive lolcows because lolcows produce milk. There was a certain tone Tako took around the events that I don't care enough to go and prove but am dredging up from memory in the way that he conducted himself with Bat. In short, it wasn't the archiving itself that was a problem, where Tako was acting like Bat was a lolcow and that the karaoke had milk, neither of which was true and his antics as such threw up red flags for me at least.

Last edited:

Tubedude

I do think this would've been better handled with a public warning and a "going forward these are the rules" announcement, and maybe an added temp ban, instead of straight up ban.

The @'ing the subject of the convo they are being talked about negatively in I see in the same light as someone @'ing Calli on twitter with a link to a post where we timeloop about her possible weight. Obviously the line is blurred since we know Kirsche reads here, and was in the discord, but it's still behavior that is obviously frowned on.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
I do think this would've been better handled with a public warning and a "going forward these are the rules" announcement, and maybe an added temp ban, instead of straight up ban.

The @'ing the subject of the convo they are being talked about negatively in I see in the same light as someone @'ing Calli on twitter with a link to a post where we timeloop about her possible weight. Obviously the line is blurred since we know Kirsche reads here, and was in the discord, but it's still behavior that is obviously frowned on.
Why would someone care about the opinion of some User from a Vtuber Forum ?
Even if he did it in multiple occasions

Henrik Carter

Disco Contagium!
There's a few subtle but important distinctions to make note of here. First up Kiwifarmers archive lolcows because lolcows produce milk. There was a certain tone Tako took around the events that I don't care enough to go and prove but am dredging up from memory in the way that he conducted himself with Bat. In short, it wasn't the archiving itself that was a problem, where Tako was acting like Bat was a lolcow and that the karaoke had milk, neither of which was true and his antics as such threw up red flags for me at least.
https://thevirtualasylum.com/threads/general-vtuber-discussion.1/page-4170#post-131673
Capture.PNG

Bossman! Let me quote the dead!

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
After having a Certified Woman Moment[TM] I'm downgrading @The Rrat 's ban to a few hours. He got on my nerves at precisely the wrong moment, and I apologize for that.

No Name

After having a Certified Woman Moment[TM] I'm downgrading @The Rrat 's ban to a few hours. He got on my nerves at precisely the wrong moment, and I apologize for that.
I'm certain civility will take place upon his return.
:chaos::hololove:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Well tbf I was running out of Calli is fat jokes

niggaphil

Proctor, forum posts are not essays, they don't have a word count! Half of the people in this very thread don't even see half the issue you had with tako in the first place because reading what you put out should be considered an olympic discipline.
I guess the announcement should make it into vtuber youtube shorts for the people to understand and digest.

Geez, nowadays zoomers rather watch 144p low quality shitpost video, but cannot read a full length of essay

Last edited:

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
I know no one cares for it, but I will give my two shekels on the situation:
  • Takodachi fucked around and finally found out.
  • This is Proctor's yard, we're just squatting in it.
That's about it for me, I'm moving on.

Furious George

Low & Lazy
@The Proctor Now that your streaming is picking up and you are interacting with other streamers, is it your intention to make the forum less controversial to attract more people who are active in the industry?

We can site the rules & the intentions behind them, but I think the basics of no fed posting & keep a lid on the coomer shit was serving us well and more in spirit with what the homeland thread was about.

If you do intend to change the direction of the forum, I suggest a Machiavellian purge may serve you better instead of removing the most "controversial" users piecemeal. Dragging it out will just breed more resentment.

Either way, this whole situation & how it was handled has been disappointing.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I would only even consider something like that if he contacted me (via e-mail) and professed an apology for all the nonsense he has caused, plus an outspoken commitment to changing and improving.

Literally nobody I have ever banned from here has done that. They have, to a man (random flips excepted) gone elsewhere and wailed about how bad and awful and horrid this place is, then gotten madder when I haven't unbanned them.
I GENERALLY Agree with most of the jannie actions you have taken that I am aware of maybe not fully agree but I can at least agree that your not going full powermad I say this so you know where i'm actually coming from because I like to poke at things.

Why would they contact you or Johnny or Reinigen after YOU personally have banned them maybe your being honest maybe an actual apology would move you I don't think that matters even putting aside how GAY writing a Ban Appeal would be in the first place.

I am Turbo Gay and a True Autist though what do I know.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
I guess the annoncement should make it into vtuber youtube shorts for the people to understand and digest.
Less that more "padding for padding sake". Telling, that the only thing actually readable in the post was Josh' quote. It's straight to the point, the analogy is fitting, the writing has actual function of conveying the message to masses, some of which use A&H, and not to flex the writers vocabulary cause it makes him feel smart.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
I'm glad the line has finally been drawn. There's always been an issue with people wanting to touch the poop in Kiwi circles and people there tend to silently endorse harassment even if the rules say otherwise. But there is a pretty clear distinction between making fun of somebody in a relatively private space like here versus directly @ing them and antagonizing them to their faces. It's the difference between just talking about a neighbor behind their back and taking a dump on their lawn. Don't be the guy taking a dump on their lawn.

With that being said, I think it's important that Proctor also draw the line for himself. No more tweeting at vtubers directly. Froot and/or her mum can whine about us all we want, we can just keep it here.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
I'm glad the line has finally been drawn. There's always been an issue with people wanting to touch the poop in Kiwi circles and people there tend to silently endorse harassment even if the rules say otherwise. But there is a pretty clear distinction between making fun of somebody in a relatively private space like here versus directly @ing them and antagonizing them to their faces. It's the difference between just talking about a neighbor behind their back and taking a dump on their lawn. Don't be the guy taking a dump on their lawn.

With that being said, I think it's important that Proctor also draw the line for himself. No more tweeting at vtubers directly. Froot and/or her mum can whine about us all we want, we can just keep it here
are you a woman?

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
Takodachi you stupid, retarded motherfucker...

Polish_20231106_005952359.jpg

Have fun in the chamber with Nolan and Short.

Someone fucked around and found out. Much LULZ, butthurt and gnashing of teeth ensued forgetting we are at his mercy. Like he said, my garden my rules. You don't like it then get out ASAP. And no, I am not asskissing this British Fäggot but just reminding myself mostly on the particulars of this forum. I like this forum, I don't like everyone in this forum and a lot hate me in this forum but this is the next best place to talk about anything vtuber related and not get sperged on and be called a nïgger because you like a certain vtuber. So next time any of you or even me don't like what is happening in the forums, you can leave (yes, you can do that) and just fuck off. No one's keeping you here so just go.

So if you don't like the changes:

Don't be this:

Now that's out of the way, I'mma go back to General to fuel my autism.

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
First things first: everyone on that discord server is a massive femboy I wouldn't even have sex with. We criticize Discord every time it gets brought up, because we know it never brings anything good, yet some of you started using it excessively as if you were saint virgins, immune to any corruption. Well, you aren't and this situation is (partly) the result.

1) Be funny.

Cool, so when are you killing banning Reticule?

2) Do not deliberately antagonize people for the express purpose of irritating them.

Cool, so when are you banning River Bear?

No, seriously, if someone has had an account on this forum for more than 6 months they deserve to be fucking permabanned immediately, because every single one of us is guilty of at least few counts of being unfunny and trolling others. You've banned 3 users today because you can't stop seething. Dude, you've made your statement, now walk away from the keyboard, you're not doing yourself any favour. If you actually want to see such a drastic change to forum's culture, it will take months of work, not a single evening and a few bans.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
@The Proctor Now that your streaming is picking up and you are interacting with other streamers, is it your intention to make the forum less controversial to attract more people who are active in the industry?

We can site the rules & the intentions behind them, but I think the basics of no fed posting & keep a lid on the coomer shit was serving us well and more in spirit with what the homeland thread was about.

If you do intend to change the direction of the forum, I suggest a Machiavellian purge may serve you better instead of removing the most "controversial" users piecemeal. Dragging it out will just breed more resentment.

Either way, this whole situation & how it was handled has been disappointing.

The thing is that I remember KF quite a bit differently from how most newer users here probably remember it.

The KF I remember when I joined in 2015 (after lurking a year or so) was a far less charged, aggressive place than it was now. Many cows actively posted in their own threads and some even had somewhat congenial relations with the forum.

Most importantly, even when a completely objectionable sperg joined, people operated generally on the principle of 'give them enough rope to hang themselves with'. It was rare for people to instantly antagonize cows who joined, and as a result many of them willingly revealed far more about themselves than they ever would have otherwise.

To put this into context here; if Froot or Marina joined this forum, I would expect people to not deliberately attack them. I would not stop them saying things they wouldn't like, but I would expect them to exercise the basic congeniality necessary for them to feel comfortable talking, because at the absolute worst we'd then have more information to laugh at.

When people proactively engage talents in negative discussion, it paints this place in an equally negative light. When those talents haven't actually done anything then it looks even worse. The more that this happens, the more justification external outlets have to casually dismiss us as meaningless drama-baiters. KF lets people get away with as much as they do because nowadays, nobody even remotely sane would go there for objective discussion.

While the Kirsche incident was definitely a last straw (and I haven't pretended otherwise), the degree to which people think they did absolutely nothing wrong or that talents should just be expected to endure literal years of constant irritation over nothingburgers frustrates me greatly. It's no different than the Mori fatposting or Orange Woman Bad looping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom