"Don't be a lesbian wwwww"Kazama Iroha

Amelia Watson Ceases Activity From Hololive

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
From what I can gather from her and MYTH's statements (especially Calli's) it seems like something's been going on with Ame behind the scenes--nothing too tragic or dramatic but something that is important--that made her choose between streaming & doing concerts or this important thing. Rather than outright quit over it, it looks like she and Cover came to some kind of agreement where she didn't have to quit, but she could step away from regular performing to focus on whatever it is. She did mentioning "negotiating her way to this."

Could be personal issues, could be better job opportunities, who knows. But she's not gone-gone, which is good.

Beepster

What I'm hearing from this stream is: she wanted to graduate ASAP and not wait for all the projects involving her to be finished (because some of them may take years). That's why the company invented this new type of graduation.
Honestly, I don't like it. It means she's not fully graduating only because of money. Either she wants to receive all the royalties or the company doesn't want to release stuff with a talent who already left (because it's gonna look strange).

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
"Is there a chance you could come back in the future?"
"Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe... there's a small chance. If you wait long enough and they'll have me."

Don't do that, Ame... don't give us hope...
:ameraintear::ameraintear::ameraintear:

The Chink

GOTBB

"I am going to read every thing you write about me anywhere!"
A-a-a-ame?!
I love your singing, please never stop.
Also, give Kiara a hug.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Not Important

Why my feeling is the other way around?
From what she said it looks like both she and Cover were looking for an exit, which won't be a standard definite exit.
Its easily explained, since for Cover IPs are the lifeblood.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
foto_no_exif - 2024-09-20T184731.126.jpg

:iryswhat:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
I wonder if she is doing some type of medical or veterinary school since that would take a lot of her time and she wouldn't be able to travel to Japan several times a year.

Saturnus

haha it's unou

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Ame please say Nigga in your last stream :BijouBijou:
She said "rigger" just now. We can count that if you listen from far enough away.

frz

This sounds like someone who hasn't watched Council since 2022. The Promise girls, especially, have been getting along amazingly well as a group for a long time now.

One thing I forgot to note in my Kiara post is that she specifically made sure she was the one to sing ChikuTaku in the Myth 4th Anniversary Live.
This sounds like someone who hasn't seen Council since 2023. The Promise girls, especially, have been on-screen together like 3 times as a group in the last 12 months? There was the family feud one, fauna's half-year DND collab & the 3D live. Mumei ducked out of the Christmas one and maybe some EN wide events.

Joke aside people have less favorable view of Promise's synergy since they always seems to be missing someone not streaming.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
From what I'm hearing, and tell me if I'm wrong:

It sounds like Ame has come to the end of the road as far as her interest as being Ame goes for now. Part of it is due to the fact that she has more things she wishes to get done outside of being Ame, but she doesn't necessarily want to drop Ame if she can come back down the line. She also goes into how she wants to try something new, and she needs motivation to keep trying new things, and I guess where she is right now at COVER has kind of left her stumped. I wouldn't be surprised if part of it is due to her living with family (and therefore not being able to have a consistent schedule at all) but it may also be because she wants to either do something with Sachi that she couldn't do as Ame due to COVER's new rules, or because she wants to something beyond vtubing as a whole, like film or theater or continue her education.

Obviously, as a teamate (forever) I will hold out hope that she may wish to fully return as Ame one day. But evidently the current COVER isn't really for her, what with the concerts and projects they want, and shutting down what she wants to do. So I'm fully in support of wherever she goes in the future.

MINOR EDIT: She said she was even thinking of going back on the announcement up until she made it, but the "ball is already rolling" on plans for the other thing, and she "can't exactly stop it now". So it may really be something like a college degree.

Something I haven't seen anybody mention is that, coinciding with her announcement of becoming an affiliate, she also updated her Sachi account on twitter again. I dunno if anything will come of it, but it seems to imply that there really may be something she'll be doing as an indie.

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
They may have been awkward together and barely had any collabs but I will miss the timeduo interactions :ameraintear: I hope she comes back some day after she does every thing she wants to :ameraintear:

Beepster

How would you guys who reacted to my previous post interpret what Ame just said:
Will you be able to support me after I'm gone? I'm not sure exactly how merch and stuff will work, but in the future things like that would still be supporting me in a way.
So if that does happen in the future and if you guys don't feel terribly sad looking at your amazing Amelia Watson merch. You know, if you did ever want to get more, I would always still support me. So, yeah. As long as I'm an affiliate - and even if I wasn't - I'd still want you guys to.. 'Cause, I don't know, I like me, you know? I hope you guys like me too.
And if you try to defend it with the official announcement, read it carefully once again:
Watson Amelia ... will conclude all of her channel activities on September 30th, 2024. This would include all regular activities including ... the regular release of new merchandise.
We plan to continue selling merchandise and other items that are already on sale. Any future activities that involve Watson Amelia will be announced through official social media and other channels.
"Regular release" doesn't mean there won't be anything at all. And it mentions "future activities".
So there will be more merch with Ame even after her graduation. And she will still receive her cut from it. IMO it's just one example why she chose not to graduate fully - because of $$$ both for her and Cover.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
How would you guys who reacted to my previous post interpret what Ame just said:

And if you try to defend it with the official announcement, read it carefully once again:

"Regular release" doesn't mean there won't be anything at all. And it mentions "future activities".
So there will be more merch with Ame even after her graduation. And she will still receive her cut from it. IMO it's just one example why she chose to not graduate fully - because of $$$ for both her and Cover.
Still missing the point and needlessly pessimistic about the endeavor. Obviously she'd want to continue making some money from merchandise, if this is meant to be something like a WWE Legends contract it's gonna be exactly that. But it's not like that's the only reason she'd be doing this, especially considering she said much more regarding why she's going into this situation, i.e. losing passion for the standard hololive faire but wanting to try something new while leaving the door open for a potential return. Not like a long-term hiatus, where idol activities and smaller projects are still expected, but putting all her time into something completely new.

tgmslc

This sounds like someone who hasn't seen Council since 2023. The Promise girls, especially, have been on-screen together like 3 times as a group in the last 12 months? There was the family feud one, fauna's half-year DND collab & the 3D live. Mumei ducked out of the Christmas one and maybe some EN wide events.

Joke aside people have less favorable view of Promise's synergy since they always seems to be missing someone not streaming.
Maybe but I feel like every member of Promise stands really strongly on their own & none of them seem to be showing any interest in slowing down.

Mumei's having the time of her life with GTA, IRyS seems to be having a lot of fun getting closer to her JP senpais, Bae seems to be really hitting her stride as a performer (like Calli circa 2022-2023 imo), Fauna's untouchable in her niche as a game streamer & yapper, and even Kronii seems to be energized and close as ever to her community.

Promise might be the weakest gen as a group but I don't see any of them going anywhere anytime soon.

From what I'm hearing, and tell me if I'm wrong:

It sounds like Ame has come to the end of the road as far as her interest as being Ame goes for now. Part of it is due to the fact that she has more things she wishes to get done outside of being Ame, but she doesn't necessarily want to drop Ame if she can come back down the line. She also goes into how she wants to try something new, and she needs motivation to keep trying new things, and I guess where she is right now at COVER has kind of left her stumped. I wouldn't be surprised if part of it is due to her living with family (and therefore not being able to have a consistent schedule at all) but it may also be because she wants to either do something with Sachi that she couldn't do as Ame due to COVER's new rules, or because she wants to something beyond vtubing as a whole, like film or theater or continue her education.

Obviously, as a teamate (forever) I will hold out hope that she may wish to fully return as Ame one day. But evidently the current COVER isn't really for her, what with the concerts and projects they want, and shutting down what she wants to do. So I'm fully in support of wherever she goes in the future.

Something I haven't seen anybody mention is that, coinciding with her announcement of becoming an affiliate, she also updated her Sachi account on twitter again. I dunno if anything will come of it, but it seems to imply that there really may be something she'll be doing as an indie.
Listening to this zatsu, Ame sounds like she's excited for whatever secret sauce she's cooking up behind the scenes. If that's doing stuff as Sachi or going hard on Ame Studio, I don't think she's done influencing the direction this culture & industry goes.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
IMO it's just one example why she chose not to graduate fully - because of $$$ both for her and Cover.
Wow, holy shit. People want to make money? How dare they!

Top Bottom