Amelia Watson Ceases Activity From Hololive

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband
Theres a members stream in an hour

edit: stream delayed until tomorrow
Starting now
-------
Right now looking at funny pictures, later during the week unarchived members karaoke

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Up yours, woke kson apologists. We'll see who graduates who.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Up yours, woke kson apologists. We'll see who graduates who.

Shut up whoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee STOP ATTACKING MY KWEEEEEN

Not talking about pippers but the response to Ame's departure has started feeling like that one meme of "Soldiers die in war, wives most affected"

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
She's going to twitch? Everyone has been lying, this really is a funeral.

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I'd bet one of Ame's cards for negotiating the soft graduation was Cover getting first dibs on anything she figures out that can push the 3D envelope further.
That's a... wildly optimistic take.

Ame's 3D projects were products of the Covid era. Cover's studio wasn't accessible for the ENs, so they did something else. It had charm, certainly, but it wasn't pushing boundaries. It was behind Cover's 3D, nevermind what'd been seen years before with Kizuna Ai.

I'm sure she enjoys setting these things up, figuring shit out by herself.

But nothing she has done, and indeed nothing she can do as an indie, is going to push the envelope in a way that Cover isn't already capable of, in technical terms at least.

I don't know what Ame is getting out of this change. If she wasn't terribly interested in Cover's concerts, she'd still be streaming plenty, I assume. If she wasn't interested in streaming, no point in becoming a full time indie streamer. Time will tell what she's actually intending to do.

If she actually manages to pursue a project long term. 'cause that's something she has always had problems with, and if I were to put money down, I'd bet on "Has an amazing idea and launches the project on her own after Cover wasn't interested. Stops pursuing it after two streams."

But whatever happens with Ame, the only thing Cover is getting out of it is IP maintenance.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Ame's 3D projects were products of the Covid era. Cover's studio wasn't accessible for the ENs, so they did something else. It had charm, certainly, but it wasn't pushing boundaries. It was behind Cover's 3D, nevermind what'd been seen years before with Kizuna Ai.

But nothing she has done, and indeed nothing she can do as an indie, is going to push the envelope in a way that Cover isn't already capable of, in technical terms at least.

I don't know what Ame is getting out of this change. If she wasn't terribly interested in Cover's concerts, she'd still be streaming plenty, I assume. If she wasn't interested in streaming, no point in becoming a full time indie streamer. Time will tell what she's actually intending to do.

If she actually manages to pursue a project long term. 'cause that's something she has always had problems with, and if I were to put money down, I'd bet on "Has an amazing idea and launches the project on her own after Cover wasn't interested. Stops pursuing it after two streams."

But whatever happens with Ame, the only thing Cover is getting out of it is IP maintenance.
Yeah... that's what I don't get, Ame has been gone almost as much as Gura has in the past 2-3 years. If she was itching to do things I would think she'd be much more active but to me it just looks as if she got bored of being Ame and/or streaming in general and is now having a flight of fancy to see if doing things on her own will actually re-ignite her drive.

Both Aqua and Ame were basically at the door for years already, seeing them go is sad but not shocking to me. Leaving the company doesn't solely mean mistreatment, some people are just looking for something else in life or want to do other things. If you oshi Shion, Gura or Ayame then don't be surprised if they drop sooner or later too.

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(

That's the kicker, right there. Cover's studio is heavily booked at this point. When I say "push the 3D envelope," I'm talking in terms of stuff we already know she's capable of experimenting with. If Ame has the time to do fun/crazy shit with 3D that a studio with 7 bookings in the next 8 hours simply cannot fit into the schedule, that's a big deal. Particularly because 3D is an infant field with programming quirks and potential unforeseen interactions, just trying new things is important. A lot of the time, jury-rigged temporary solutions to problems can have the seed of a legitimate idea behind them, it's the rest of the development process that Ame would have issues pulling off alone. But since she's still affiliated with Cover, if she finds a thread of an idea and can get it prototyped and working on her end, Cover's technicians can take that and run with it. WITHOUT a major investment in studio time or money on their end.

....but yes I'm being overly optimistic. :optimistic::optimistic::optimistic::optimistic::optimistic:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

The thing is, Ame openly talked sometime last year about having some ideas she wanted to do and management wouldn't let her. It is why I think it is related to the management changing their policy over commissioned 3D models thing. That was her bread and butter. She also barely did anything with different 3D models this year until her anniversary karaoke.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
The thing is, Ame openly talked sometime last year about having some ideas she wanted to do and management wouldn't let her. It is why I think it is related to the management changing their policy over commissioned 3D models thing. That was her bread and butter. She also barely did anything with different 3D models this year until her anniversary karaoke.
Yeah that problaby its the reason IIRC the only non-Cover 3D this year where the Kiara thirst models and that chibi Shiori unlike past years when these where more frequent

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
Yeah that problaby its the reason IIRC the only non-Cover 3D this year where the Kiara thirst models and that chibi Shiori unlike past years when these where more frequent
She also wanted to work with Cover to have them seriously consider using her home studio more seriously and was shot down, IIRC. Both her and Fauna are not big fans of the whole take a trip to Japan to record thing. Like I think this was around the time we found she didn't want to be in the 2023 countdown because she didn't feel like it, not long after or before that she discussed some frustrations. Possibly because she was trying to push to have them let her use her studio for her part of the recordings and they said no? I can't remember the whole scenario, though, hopefully an Amefag can? @White Stone ?

There are probably a lot of compounding reasons.

Edit: I am tard, disregard above.

... that's what I don't get, Ame has been gone almost as much as Gura has in the past 2-3 years. If she was itching to do things I would think she'd be much more active but to me it just looks as if she got bored of being Ame and/or streaming in general and is now having a flight of fancy to see if doing things on her own will actually re-ignite her drive.

Both Aqua and Ame were basically at the door for years already, seeing them go is sad but not shocking to me. Leaving the company doesn't solely mean mistreatment, some people are just looking for something else in life or want to do other things. If you oshi Shion, Gura or Ayame then don't be surprised if they drop sooner or later too.
I actually went full retard yesterday and counted that she had 148 streams in 2023 (way more than Shion, Gura, Ayame, or Aqua). She actually wasn't absent at all, just not as active as she used to be. 2024 is when it started getting bad.

Last edited:

Saturnus

haha it's unou
2024 is when it started getting bad.
She also had her deadbeat (not the mori fanname) mother waltz back into her life with her younger brother and let them live with her, which is a factor why she doesn't have regular schedules or stream times.

mismatch

I wouldn't be surprised if part of her motivation for doing this is a desire to be behind the scenes more. She's always said that she enjoys organizing and facilitating cool projects more than she does being in front of the camera. But at Hololive, she first has to find willing collab partners amongst a roster of people that are always busy as hell. Then the whole thing has to go through god-knows how many layers of corpo red tape - and none of it can stray too far off brand, or she has to use whatever limited slots the talents seem to have for off-model streams. Even this last members' stream was a showcase of how much she loves tinkering with stuff and making it work. It feels like she enjoys the process even more than the result in a lot of ways.

Now she'll be an indie again with the freedom to work with whoever she wants, and make whatever she wants. She has a fully functional 3d studio and a ton of expertise in doing VR and 3d streams, a million creative contacts, and way more free time now that she doesn't have to ship herself off to japan for a month+ a year and learn a bunch of songs and dance routines. I'm betting that we will end up getting fewer streams where's she's the main focus, but more cool projects where she's the genius behind the scenes making shit work. Can you imagine what she and Doki could do if they put their heads together? Speaking of which, Doki is following that twitter account. Five bucks says they're already in each other's DMs.

Oh, and even with all this freedom, she can still pop back in and be Ame from time to time if she and Cover want to make it happen - and I feel like there's at least one Phoenix who will have no problem annoying their manager to make that happen. Only time will tell how things will work out, but I'm actually kinda excited.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Possibly because she was trying to push to have them let her use her studio for her part of the recordings and they said no? I can't remember the whole scenario, though, hopefully an Amefag can? @White Stone ?
I don't remember her talking about trying to push Cover to utilize he studio, if anything I feel like she is well aware that her studio is much inferior than Cover's.
The only frustration I remember she aired out was after she disappeared for 2 weeks where she talked about a 3D related file was corrupted and management apparently ghosted her when she asked them about it.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Now she'll be an indie again with the freedom to work with whoever she wants, and make whatever she wants. She has a fully functional 3d studio and a ton of expertise in doing VR and 3d streams, a million creative contacts, and way more free time now that she doesn't have to ship herself off to japan for a month+ a year and learn a bunch of songs and dance routines. I'm betting that we will end up getting fewer streams where's she's the main focus, but more cool projects where she's the genius behind the scenes making shit work. Can you imagine what she and Doki could do if they put their heads together? Speaking of which, Doki is following that twitter account. Five bucks says they're already in each other's DMs.
This paragraph sounds like a whole bottomless pit of rainbows to me.
Remember when Coco was gonna revolutionize vtubing and make her own agency? Good times, good times... but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Remember when Coco was gonna revolutionize vtubing and make her own agency? Good times, good times... but I'd love to be proven wrong.
Coco was someone who did stuff that was elevated by being in Hololive
Ame actually has more viable solo avenues if she truly dedicates herself to fucking around in 3d like Filian

The Chink

She also had her deadbeat (not the mori fanname) mother waltz back into her life with her younger brother and let them live with her, which is a factor why she doesn't have regular schedules or stream times.
IIRC she stopped schedules and regular stream times quite some time before moving back with family. Although her family might not have treated her well in the past, this is unlikely to blame on them.

She also wanted to work with Cover to have them seriously consider using her home studio more seriously and was shot down, IIRC. Both her and Fauna are not big fans of the whole take a trip to Japan to record thing. Like I think this was around the time we found she didn't want to be in the 2023 countdown because she didn't feel like it, not long after or before that she discussed some frustrations. Possibly because she was trying to push to have them let her use her studio for her part of the recordings and they said no? I can't remember the whole scenario, though, hopefully an Amefag can? @White Stone ?

There are probably a lot of compounding reasons.

I actually went full retard yesterday and counted that she had 148 streams in 2023 (way more than Shion, Gura, Ayame, or Aqua). She actually wasn't absent at all, just not as active as she used to be. 2024 is when it started getting bad.
Ame is not really opposed to travelling or idol stuff in general. At least she never explicitly complained that. Though she is not the type who would really say something bad about the management.
I don't remember she has said anything about management shooting down the usage of her studio. But she did mention vaguely several times about the hurdles/limits that might obstruct her ideas. For example, just in today's member stream she mentioned attaching game-related assets to their live2D is restricted now.

I think the key idea is that Ame is really a spontaneous person, that's the key of her personality and charm. For sure, even after her "studio" got renovated several times, technically it would be still be miles inferior to Cover's real studio. But we don't necessarily need those "well-preparedness" for casual streams. For example her Amando stream is one of the funniest stream I have ever watched. And majority of that entertainment actually comes from those tech glitches (EN curse as they say).
But for a company especially a public listed one, spontaneity is actually a risk not asset. Using community-designed 3D models might still be viable nowadays but I think there are more restrictions in using them, which is really pain in the ass for a spontaneous person like Ame.

Last edited:

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
Idk about the super crazy 3D studio stuff, (aside from my earlier post about an NA 3D studio which was pure copium) I have more meant getting the stuff she was already doing in holo in 2021, 2022, and 2023. At most a little more advanced than that, maybe.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Idk about the super crazy 3D studio stuff, (aside from my earlier post about an NA 3D studio which was pure copium) I have more meant getting the stuff she was already doing in holo in 2021, 2022, and 2023. At most a little more advanced than that, maybe.
I think the Same but the Doki paragraph has the same 2021 vibes of everyone making up scenarios in their minds just for a twitter follow

Top Bottom