"sometimes I post pregnant brian griffin and see if anyone sees it before I can delete it - nobody has caught it just yet"Coni Confetti

Vidya Games Thread

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I wonder what took him so long. He should've gone into movies decades ago.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I mean it's the artstyle of the region they come from. If the western hemisphere wasn't rotten by tumblr and mediocre artists we'd have more variety in gaming regardless if they're woke or not. Also a good chunk of devs who are making games nowadays grew up with garbage anime like naruto or my hero academia, so they try to emulate what they liked.

I honestly think it's gonna be a double whammy of woke disaster. It's gonna happen like god of soy. The first one regardless of how you feel about kratos portrayal was quite decent story wise. Then the second one is when they couldn't help themselves and had to give it aids. I also have the theory that they were burning so much money a la kojimbo that sony told balrog to wrap up his homosexual trilogy in one game. Spiderman had the same thing happen to it so if we use our noticing powers it's a no brainer that GOY is gonna suffer the same fate :whatastory:

One thing not talked about enough is none of these games are directly funded by the companies. It's all Financed. That's why there was the explosion of huge budget games during the ZIRP period. All games going forward are going to have some nasty debt servicing costs, which in theory would radically drop budgets.

View attachment 79316

This is the face of the person who is going to give obesity, melanin and vitiligo to your charmander or pidgeotto.

While it could be a bad picture, the dead eyes of Cluster B are shining there.

I just realized another reason why they cancelled the preorders for Assassin's Creed Shadows. By refunding preorders, they can hide how fucked it is from their Q2 report. This is incredibly important because they're French, which means they operate under IFRS and not GAAP. So while they may make IR statements regarding their quarterly performance like some info about net bookings, they aren't required to give out the full financial statements for those quarterly interim periods. They appear to only release semi-annual financial statements, which means half-year and full-year info. The latest key figures they provide is March 31st, 2024 because that's their year-end and the next statement will likely only come out for their Q2 (ending September 30th), which would be reported as "H1 24-25" on their financial statements as that covers April to September.

According to their March 31st, 2024 key figures, their "Non-IFRS Cash flow from operation" has been in the red for the past several years:
  • €55 million for 2021-22
  • €227.3 million for 2022-23
They barely pulled it to the black with €90.8 million for 2023-24 but their H1 23-24 was €188.7 million. So XDefiant (which released during their "H1 23-24") did really poorly (which we already knew) while AC Mirage (released during "H2 23-24") carried the fuck out of the company because it cost nothing to make and was super short while generating a bunch of sales. Meanwhile their massive sales monster, AC Valhalla, cost a fuckton to make because despite being the best selling game in the series, their 2020-21 "non-IFRS cash flow from operation" was only €64.6 million while their "IFRS Net income" was only €105.2 million. No wonder their investors are rioting. This company is carried entirely by Assassin's Creed and if Shadows bombs, they are fucked beyond belief. They already lost a lot of money from Outlaws, so this is going to be peak clownshow.

C'est foutu.

There any breakout on how much they make from the 3 large live service games they have? (Division 1, 2 and Rainbow 6 Siege?) Because leave it to Ubi to not make money on those.

Since his games are mainly secretly movies, does that mean his movies will be secretly games?

Well, most modern movies would qualify as bad cutscenes in most games, so I think we're already there?

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
I wonder what took him so long. He should've gone into movies decades ago.
Being fired from Konami probably really threw a wrench in the plan. If things hadn't gone sideways and Silent Hills happened, it probably would have happened sooner. Having to re-establish KojiPro probably slowed it down a lot. He probably feels he has the proper industry connections and cash now.

I wonder if he wants to direct a movie himself or just write/produce.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Kojima's moving to bigger plans

This nigga shat out the most up its own ass game ever and somehow he still has money to not produce anything of note ever? who is funding his shit honestly, is it the saudis or some superrich nigga a la elon but who isn't known. Even with kojimbos "brand" behind death stranding that shit couldn't have sold that well to fund his bullshit for this long.

God's Strongest Dragoon

There any breakout on how much they make from the 3 large live service games they have? (Division 1, 2 and Rainbow 6 Siege?) Because leave it to Ubi to not make money on those.
They don't break it down by specifics but they constantly mention Siege because that motherfucker has been around forever and has solidified its position in the FPS scene purely because the FPS scene is dogshit right now and there's nothing that directly competes with Siege in terms of gameplay. It's a hero shooter with a short TTK and highly destructive environments that the industry hasn't really seen since the good Battlefield days.

Their recent DEI bullshit with a wheelchair bound operator might fuck with that revenue stream though.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
This nigga shat out the most up its own ass game ever and somehow he still has money to not produce anything of note ever?
I know several IRL people who've told me, with a straight face and sober, that Death Stranding changed their lives.
We may not see it, but his stuff does appeal to a large subset of gamers. A bit like how Neil Cuckman's "games" appeal to perverted female violence fetishists.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I know several IRL people who've told me, with a straight face and sober, that Death Stranding changed their lives.
We may not see it, but his stuff does appeal to a large subset of gamers. A bit like how Neil Cuckman's "games" appeal to perverted female violence fetishists.

We're in an adjunct space to Japanese media, so "mono no aware" is really applicable here. Death Stranding's story is very overwrought, but the gameplay is an actual walking simulator. Normally that term means text adventure with 3D graphics, but Kojima actually make one. The reason why it'd be impactful to a good number of people isn't the story but the dedicated act of "walking" a distance with decent vistas and a calm sound track. People that actually needed to go for a real walk did it digitally and it had a huge impact because their neurophysiology was able to de-load from stress and recycle activation-type neurotransmitters. It's the same reason people log into MMOs to run in circles, actually.

Kojima made the positive effects of going on a hike in a game, without having to actually go out on a hike and everything that goes with it. Those are the places Media can have a very real effect on the psyche, as for some it can cause the same effects humans have learned to get in other ways. I'd also take a guess most that got something big out of it were dealing with some mild depression.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Even with kojimbos "brand" behind death stranding that shit couldn't have sold that well to fund his bullshit for this long.
Keep in mind, their budget was like $100 million. This was suppose to be Kojima's big game now that he was free from Konami. Sony gave him a blank check to make a banger and it didn't break $200 million in net sales, even with the 1.5 director's cut.
image.png

We're in an adjunct space to Japanese media, so "mono no aware" is really applicable here. Death Stranding's story is very overwrought, but the gameplay is an actual walking simulator. Normally that term means text adventure with 3D graphics, but Kojima actually make one. The reason why it'd be impactful to a good number of people isn't the story but the dedicated act of "walking" a distance with decent vistas and a calm sound track. People that actually needed to go for a real walk did it digitally and it had a huge impact because their neurophysiology was able to de-load from stress and recycle activation-type neurotransmitters. It's the same reason people log into MMOs to run in circles, actually.

Kojima made the positive effects of going on a hike in a game, without having to actually go out on a hike and everything that goes with it. Those are the places Media can have a very real effect on the psyche, as for some it can cause the same effects humans have learned to get in other ways. I'd also take a guess most that got something big out of it were dealing with some mild depression.
To simplify it, it's "cozy" to play low stress gameplay. Then they fucked it up with the tense moments with the weird BT sections. I stopped playing right after I got on the boat to the newest region.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Kojima is weird because his games unironically do very well with unusual game ideas. But then other fundamentals fall through and story wise he throws everything he can think of at the fan. While his stuff can hit emotionally its usually on top of a bunch of nonsensical garbage. Death Stranding is the perfect representation of all that is Kojima in that regard.

Lurker McSpic

Keep in mind, their budget was like $100 million. This was suppose to be Kojima's big game now that he was free from Konami. Sony gave him a blank check to make a banger and it didn't break $200 million in net sales, even with the 1.5 director's cut.
image.png

To simplify it, it's "cozy" to play low stress gameplay. Then they fucked it up with the tense moments with the weird BT sections. I stopped playing right after I got on the boat to the newest region.
it even got mogged by fucking days gone :dokiwheeze::dokiwheeze: All he had to do was make an actual game and couldn't even do that.

God's Strongest Dragoon

it even got mogged by fucking days gone :dokiwheeze::dokiwheeze: All he had to do was make an actual game and couldn't even do that.
Bro, it sold less than Uncharted Collection, a remaster of first 3 games. Hell, Detroit Become Human made $20 million less in net sales but its budget was €30 million compared to Death Stranding's $100 million budget, it got beat by another walking simulator.

I think the only reason Sony is paying for his second game is the new CEO of SIE, Herman Hulst, was the CEO of Guerrilla Games (Horizon series) and they collaborated on Death Stranding and that studio is apparently helping Kojima make the sequel.

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Sure, let the hack shit up even more industries.
Kojima shitting up other industries would sadly be an improvement because atleast we will get extremely retarded bullshit instead of slop

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Kojima is weird because his games unironically do very well with unusual game ideas. But then other fundamentals fall through and story wise he throws everything he can think of at the fan. While his stuff can hit emotionally its usually on top of a bunch of nonsensical garbage. Death Stranding is the perfect representation of all that is Kojima in that regard.
I dunno man I felt real immersed when Volgin found out I was a spy by fondling my balls. Or when Drebin told me to feel bad for all the mentally deranged cyborg women I killed after I made them dance to anime and took horny photos.

Lurker McSpic

I think the only reason Sony is paying for his second game is the new CEO of SIE, Herman Hulst, was the CEO of Guerrilla Games (Horizon series) and they collaborated on Death Stranding and that studio is apparently helping Kojima make the sequel.
I think they're stuck with kojimbo and don't want to eat the nightmare pr hit that they would get if they drop his ass. Konami might be asshole japanese jews but I get them wanting the fucker out of the company when he's burning so much money doing so many unnecessary shit. I'm not saying he's a complete hack but the moment he started to believe his auteurness that's when he became a fucking hack.
Kojima shitting up other industries would sadly be an improvement because atleast we will get extremely retarded bullshit instead of slop
Kojima pre death stranding might've been able to produce interesting retarded bullshit but the kojima of today will probably produce slop wrapped in a nonsense package.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

image.png

I forgot that LOTU2 limped to 10mil unit sales when the remastered part 1 sold 18 million, lol. I'd still love to know the number of players that just stopped playing when Joel got killed.

Though I do think it's noteworthy that for as much as MS doesn't put out 10/10 games, you'll get something like Horizon 5 which is pushing 40 million copies sold.

Side point on game production costs. The biggest games shouldn't eclipse 150 million total budget and the big companies really need to give 50-60 million budgets to their deeper IPs and have teams churn out games every 4 years on them.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
View attachment 79314
Pokemon's been going downhill for the last few generations, might as well put the foot on the accelerate button and drive off that cliff.
and yet it's still in the #1 spot.

Also your thinking of gamefreak pokemon has been fine. the anime has it's ups and downs but meh. the movies are mostly a write off (i think most are direct to dvd now?) however the merch and the non gamefreak games are still making huge bank.

and theres plenty of outside stuff. Nuzlocks Fanmade Games Mods and Pokemon Showdown that will keep people around.

Tooting my own horn here. Pokemon Elite Redux give it a shot if you have any interest in replaying the games.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I genuinely liked Death Stranding, but I have a thousand hours of Elite Dangerous and probably 200 hours of Euro Truck Sim, so that tracks. I couldn't tell you what the fuck happened in the Kojima part of the game, I checked out when Fart Shartman and Gork Morkman started talking about the strand of social media connecting America. I just liked delivering packages and building roads.

As for Kojima himself, he is honestly the most insufferable artfag "visionary" gamedev, because he has the most rabid dicksuckers, and doesn't have an ounce of self awareness. MGSV fucking sucked in most regards, and it's much more his fault than Konami's. Because while you can blame Konami for forcing them to make a PS3/360 port, Kojima spent more than half the budget licensing 80s music, went over budget multiple times, couldn't hit deadlines because he kept pushing the team to add more stuff, etc., etc.. And as soon as he fucked off, the MGS team made Survive, which was an actual game with a beginning, middle and end, and a storyline that didn't require me to listen to audio logs for 4 hours to still be incomplete.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I genuinely liked Death Stranding, but I have a thousand hours of Elite Dangerous and probably 200 hours of Euro Truck Sim, so that tracks. I couldn't tell you what the fuck happened in the Kojima part of the game, I checked out when Fart Shartman and Gork Morkman started talking about the strand of social media connecting America. I just liked delivering packages and building roads.

As for Kojima himself, he is honestly the most insufferable artfag "visionary" gamedev, because he has the most rabid dicksuckers, and doesn't have an ounce of self awareness. MGSV fucking sucked in most regards, and it's much more his fault than Konami's. Because while you can blame Konami for forcing them to make a PS3/360 port, Kojima spent more than half the budget licensing 80s music, went over budget multiple times, couldn't hit deadlines because he kept pushing the team to add more stuff, etc., etc.. And as soon as he fucked off, the MGS team made Survive, which was an actual game with a beginning, middle and end, and a storyline that didn't require me to listen to audio logs for 4 hours to still be incomplete.
Dude are you legit saying survive had any good qualities?

Beyond being more of a money/cash sink then the bases in 5 already were the best thing you could say about it is it was marginally better then call of duty with none of the fun bullshit CoD added to keep the flashing lights and explosions crowd loyal.

Also pretty sure the story is like a combined 10 minutes of a thing happened now play another 50 matches. Trying to stick story into a multiplayer game is pretty retarded as well.

Konami has just as little sense as Kojima does when it comes to video games and all it takes is one look at their "patchislot" empire to see it though id rather a fart huffer then Japanese Ubisoft and Kojima isn't the only creator they have screwed over repeated (Iga most notably)

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Dude are you legit saying survive had any good qualities?

Beyond being more of a money/cash sink then the bases in 5 already were the best thing you could say about it is it was marginally better then call of duty with none of the fun bullshit CoD added to keep the flashing lights and explosions crowd loyal.

Also pretty sure the story is like a combined 10 minutes of a thing happened now play another 50 matches. Trying to stick story into a multiplayer game is pretty retarded as well.

Konami has just as little sense as Kojima does when it comes to video games and all it takes is one look at their "patchislot" empire to see it though id rather a fart huffer then Japanese Ubisoft and Kojima isn't the only creator they have screwed over repeated (Iga most notably)
Nigga what the fuck are you even on about? Survive has an entire singleplayer story mode that's like 15-20 hours before it even lets you play most of the multiplayer modes.

And yes, I'm saying Survive is a perfectly alright 6/10 game. The cash sink being all of the same shit MGSV had, and the retarded thing where you can buy saveslots for $10, which doesn't even matter, because unlike MGSV the game has functional NG+ and chapter replay rather than MGSV needing you to delete your save to ever see half the cutscenes in the game again.

Please remove Jim Sterling's trooncock from your mouth and actually try to actually have a leg to stand on when you sperg out at me.

Top Bottom