"Until we meet again, goodbye."Akai Haato

Vidya Games Thread

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Dude are you legit saying survive had any good qualities?

Beyond being more of a money/cash sink then the bases in 5 already were the best thing you could say about it is it was marginally better then call of duty with none of the fun bullshit CoD added to keep the flashing lights and explosions crowd loyal.

Also pretty sure the story is like a combined 10 minutes of a thing happened now play another 50 matches. Trying to stick story into a multiplayer game is pretty retarded as well.

Konami has just as little sense as Kojima does when it comes to video games and all it takes is one look at their "patchislot" empire to see it though id rather a fart huffer then Japanese Ubisoft and Kojima isn't the only creator they have screwed over repeated (Iga most notably)
Survive was a functional timewaster that got milked by #Fuckonami tards who tried to clutch pearls about it being some sort of insult to Kojima's legacy when at worst the only game it insulted was MGSV and it was honestly kinda deserved. Survive was something that should've been quickly forgotten but the zeitgeist of empty meaningless jabs at Konami (when imo the PES empire was a bigger source of slop) kept it relevant for far longer than it should've been
MGSV has this gaggle of retards who only praise it because Konami seemingly fucked over Kojima but we have been slowly getting tidbits that it was Kojima who dragged his feet and made V a complete and utter mess. But pachislot bad.

Although it is fun to see people bitch about Quiet, ngl. Wont those misogynistic journos understand that Quiet's gooner appeal funded tends of thousands of stunning and brave sex worker's only fans

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Survive was a functional timewaster that got milked by #Fuckonami tards who tried to clutch pearls about it being some sort of insult to Kojima's legacy when at worst the only game it insulted was MGSV and it was honestly kinda deserved. Survive was something that should've been quickly forgotten but the zeitgeist of empty meaningless jabs at Konami (when imo the PES empire was a bigger source of slop) kept it relevant for far longer than it should've been
MGSV has this gaggle of retards who only praise it because Konami seemingly fucked over Kojima but we have been slowly getting tidbits that it was Kojima who dragged his feet and made V a complete and utter mess. But pachislot bad.

Although it is fun to see people bitch about Quiet, ngl. Wont those misogynistic journos understand that Quiet's gooner appeal funded tends of thousands of stunning and brave sex worker's only fans
Yes Kojima did a bunch of shit on his end prolly out of spite but theres also the context that konami had been screwing him over for years along with others. I already mentioned Iga but most of their musicians were rioting for a while too and i know several left though im not familiar enough with the names to put them to games and there's also Hudson Soft who's had all of it's properties relegated to mobile and again the stupid slot machines.

this weird ass narrative that Konami wasn't that bad and stop bullying the big million dollar company just because Kojima is an asshole is ignoring Konami's own history of paint huffing.

Konami has been a cancer far longer then the whole Kojima debacle .

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Yes Kojima did a bunch of shit on his end prolly out of spite but theres also the context that konami had been screwing him over for years along with others. I already mentioned Iga but most of their musicians were rioting for a while too and i know several left though im not familiar enough with the names to put them to games and there's also Hudson Soft who's had all of it's properties relegated to mobile and again the stupid slot machines.

this weird ass narrative that Konami wasn't that bad and stop bullying the big million dollar company just because Kojima is an asshole is ignoring Konami's own history of paint huffing.

Konami has been a cancer far longer then the whole Kojima debacle .
Konami and Kojima being both retards is what i subscribe to and i never did once say that Konami didnt deserve to get bullied, the fact that their largest non gambling operation is/was a shitty soccer game is laughable
But my issue stemmed from Konami being the cool thing to milk from various internet personalities who often had nothing to add to the general conversation or just retarded fanboyism of Kojima even though im sure 99% of what he added would've made them blow a gasket

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Konami and Kojima being both retards is what i subscribe to and i never did once say that Konami didnt deserve to get bullied, the fact that their largest non gambling operation is/was a shitty soccer game is laughable
But my issue stemmed from Konami being the cool thing to milk from various internet personalities who often had nothing to add to the general conversation or just retarded fanboyism of Kojima even though im sure 99% of what he added would've made them blow a gasket
Ah now I follow. Agreed.

Sorry am dumb.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Please dont trigger me to start talking about Konami

God's Strongest Dragoon

I forgot that LOTU2 limped to 10mil unit sales when the remastered part 1 sold 18 million, lol. I'd still love to know the number of players that just stopped playing when Joel got killed.
It sold like 4 million during its release weekend too. So it slowly limped around 6 million more sales after 2 years. For a flagship title, that's awful.
Side point on game production costs. The biggest games shouldn't eclipse 150 million total budget and the big companies really need to give 50-60 million budgets to their deeper IPs and have teams churn out games every 4 years on them.
Yeah, GTA5 mind broke the industry. HZD and TLOU2 costing ~200-220 million to make is insane when you look at other games with much smaller budgets. The extra $100+ million they spend on all these small visual improvements that no one truly gives a fuck about is pushing all these studios to "go gangbusters to survive or go bankrupt because your 1 game after 7 years didn't sell insanely well."

You can look at several games on that chart that reached much lower net sales than HZD and TLOU2 but their budgets weren't even half the size of those 2 games, so they were likely far more profitable. It's why Nintendo has been dominating so hard. They don't dump massive budgets into their games so they can make more focused and frequent game releases, causing them to make bank when the games just do well. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe crossed 62 million copies sold and that budget was likely miniscule to half the shit being released nowadays.

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
It sold like 4 million during its release weekend too. So it slowly limped around 6 million more sales after 2 years. For a flagship title, that's awful.

Yeah, GTA5 mind broke the industry. HZD and TLOU2 costing ~200-220 million to make is insane when you look at other games with much smaller budgets. The extra $100+ million they spend on all these small visual improvements that no one truly gives a fuck about is pushing all these studios to "go gangbusters to survive or go bankrupt because your 1 game after 7 years didn't sell insanely well."

You can look at several games on that chart that reached much lower net sales than HZD and TLOU2 but their budgets weren't even half the size of those 2 games, so they were likely far more profitable. It's why Nintendo has been dominating so hard. They don't dump massive budgets into their games so they can make more focused and frequent game releases, causing them to make bank when the games just do well. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe crossed 62 million copies sold and that budget was likely miniscule to half the shit being released nowadays.
all the best games are 30 FPS or lower.:smugpipi:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Nigga what the fuck are you even on about? Survive has an entire singleplayer story mode that's like 15-20 hours before it even lets you play most of the multiplayer modes.

And yes, I'm saying Survive is a perfectly alright 6/10 game. The cash sink being all of the same shit MGSV had, and the retarded thing where you can buy saveslots for $10, which doesn't even matter, because unlike MGSV the game has functional NG+ and chapter replay rather than MGSV needing you to delete your save to ever see half the cutscenes in the game again.

Please remove Jim Sterling's trooncock from your mouth and actually try to actually have a leg to stand on when you sperg out at me.
every nígger that said or keeps saying survive is the worst thing in the universe never played the game and were just repeating sterling's bullshit. The few people who actually played it back in the day said it was an alright game and they got shit on by the rabbid kojimbo cultists. You have to be a disingenuous prick to watch gameplay and say it's shite.
It's why Nintendo has been dominating so hard. They don't dump massive budgets into their games so they can make more focused and frequent game releases, causing them to make bank when the games just do well. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe crossed 62 million copies sold and that budget was likely miniscule to half the shit being released nowadays.
A huge part of why they can get away with it is because their consumerbase. Nintendo has never broken off from making games for gamers unlike sony. Ever since halo broke into the normiesphere both xbox and sony have been chasing them. The issue is that the normgroid needs cutting edge graphics to be entertained, doesn't matter if like 70% of them don't even reach the halfpoint of most games. Moviegames made sony a fuckton of money so they're gonna be stuck with a consumerbase that won't even look at them if they can't see the folds of aloy's asshole in 8k, they'll keep ballooning their budgets until they can't keep up. They could turn it around and focus on carpet bombing the industry with midtier releases of new IP's to see what sticks but they won't do that. I mean one death stranding could be 3 IP tests if you manage to get decent studios working on them.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
You have to be a disingenuous prick to watch gameplay and say it's shite.
Doesn't help that all of the gameplay Sterling and 5 Peso Pedro showed and swore the entire game was like, was from literally the first 20 minutes of the game before you get any weapon that isn't the spear, unlock any skills or special moves, or fight any special enemies or enough zombies to break down a a fence. No shit the game is very easy and simple when you're not halfway through the tutorial.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
every nígger that said or keeps saying survive is the worst thing in the universe never played the game and were just repeating sterling's bullshit. The few people who actually played it back in the day said it was an alright game and they got shit on by the rabbid kojimbo cultists. You have to be a disingenuous prick to watch gameplay and say it's shite.
Look just because the Troon General hates a thing doesn't make him wrong. Survive is a shitty game that has nothing to with with metal gear Metal Gear AICD has more to do with Metal Gear then survive does. Hell 5 has more to do with Metal Gear then Survive does.

Not hating Kojima does not make someone a cultist either. Sure there are some absolute retards out there name a thing that's popular or hell unpopular that lacks them.

And just to be clear where i stand. Snatchers is fun but overated the best MG was 4 5 was great in it's gameplay. DS got better when it opened up and let you be as stupid as you wanted to play and Boktai is still his best game series.

there now you have reason to hate me :smugpipi:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
The quest to move all games to 60 frames per second and 4K resolution is a fools errand. Not because I am a luddite retrograde who enjoys Pong and Frogger, but because there isn't anything impressive to move the tech onwards. All you get are remasters of dreadful trash like TLOU part 2 and dad of war.
And just to be clear where i stand. Snatchers is fun but overated
The story of Hideo Kojima in one sentence.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Kojima gets a pass because Metal Gear Solid 2 was the best predictor of the future since Orwell's 1984.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I gotta be honest i hated 4 and I felt the only good thing about MGS4 was the online. The story at the end made no sense as the two major side characters who were fucking with each other the whole game were actually on the same side. It's like they just humored Snake to give him something to do. Oh and I guess it existed to retroactively kill off the MGS3 cast, very cool. The gameplay had some neat quirks but it only lasted 2 levels before it turned into a movie. Still I will remember insta-cancer for all eternity.

Meanwhile anyone remember legendary Playstation 2 game Dead Rising 2

Screenshot_20240928-170327_Chrome.jpg

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Any of you motherfuckers actually own and have played Cwime Bobs Wockay Ciwy? Any opinions? I know Kirsche's been shilling it forever and it seems kinda fun, but I also know she has awful taste, so I'm asking for a second opinion before I drop my hard earned $13.

edit: Fuck it, ended up getting it, if it's bad I blame Kirsche.

edit edit: Wow, this sure is a fucking videogame alright. It's not awful, it's probably better than Payday 3 but I feel like I'm playing an AI generated heisting game and none of it feels like it was designed or meant to be interacted with by humans. In the just under 2 hours I played I stealth-robbed an identical warehouse 6 times in a row, did one armored car heist which was the only time I got to shoot my gun and it lasted exactly 3 minutes. I uh, refunded it. Never got that PD2 or PDTH experience where I'm stuck in a toilet, killing 120 cops a minute while struggling for my life. Even on Normal or Hard PD2 loves spamming cops at you, but here I got to shoot four guys total in two hours.

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Any of you motherfuckers actually own and have played Cwime Bobs Wockay Ciwy? Any opinions? I know Kirsche's been shilling it forever and it seems kinda fun, but I also know she has awful taste, so I'm asking for a second opinion before I drop my hard earned $13.
Not played it myself, but apparently there's roguelite elements to it? At least it'll probably be better than Payday 3.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Moviegames made sony a fuckton of money so they're gonna be stuck with a consumerbase that won't even look at them if they can't see the folds of aloy's asshole in 8k, they'll keep ballooning their budgets until they can't keep up. They could turn it around and focus on carpet bombing the industry with midtier releases of new IP's to see what sticks but they won't do that.
It was wild to see the usual suspects on twitter flip from going "WE AIN'T PLAYIN NINTENDO, THOSE BABY GAMES!" to "ASTRO BOT IS GOTY". Regardless of the game's quality, I'm interested to see the sales figures. The Famitsu data wasn't a good sign and the fact that Sony has been radio silent when they would usually announce sales milestones by now makes me think the sales were lukewarm.

Xbox unironically has one of the strongest IP catalogs in the industry right now after buying Activision Blizzard and Bethesda. They have Warcraft, Starcraft, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, Caesar, Overwatch, Hearthstone, Call of Duty, Tony Hawk's, Diablo, Halo, and Gears of War. Their problem is that they bought a bunch of "once great" studios in the process that are filled to the brim with retards that can't make a good game. They need to start just leasing out their IPs to proven game devs. I know Sven at Larian said before they made BG3, they were determined to make either a Baldur's Gate game or a Fallout game. That opportunity probably is gone now because after dealing with WotC's bullshit, they're probably just going to make another Divinity game.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Kojima is the same as George Lucas. He was fine when there were people to rein his ass in, but the more control he got, the more up his own ass his head went.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
It was wild to see the usual suspects on twitter flip from going "WE AIN'T PLAYIN NINTENDO, THOSE BABY GAMES!" to "ASTRO BOT IS GOTY". Regardless of the game's quality, I'm interested to see the sales figures. The Famitsu data wasn't a good sign and the fact that Sony has been radio silent when they would usually announce sales milestones by now makes me think the sales were lukewarm.
From a basic business perspective if these motherfuckers put I dunno 5million and it made 10 in sales that would be a success but from a brand perspective specially for the retard they have as a consumer if it doesn't make last of us 1 numbers then it's garbage and I don't want it. The sony drones of today are probably the worst consumers you could have and this comes from a sony fan since the ps1. I dropped it around the release of the ps4, the dualshock 4 is a pretty good controller though :Vesper-UNHINGED:

Xbox unironically has one of the strongest IP catalogs in the industry right now after buying Activision Blizzard and Bethesda. They have Warcraft, Starcraft, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, Caesar, Overwatch, Hearthstone, Call of Duty, Tony Hawk's, Diablo, Halo, and Gears of War.
Look at all those IP ready to be ruined, some will be ruined harder :Vesper-UNHINGED: Xbox might have the studios but it's just the name, anyone worth a damn has been long gone. All the people left are the useless and incompetent. They also got a sheeboon as head of xbox or something right? the xbox brand is gonna tank so hard in the next couple of years it might be a bit sad.

Kojima is the same as George Lucas. He was fine when there were people to rein his ass in, but the more control he got, the more up his own ass his head went.
Woah cool it there buddy, he hasn't put his retarded assistant in charge of his billion dollar IP, yet :dokibirdWhat:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Look at all those IP ready to be ruined, some will be ruined harder :Vesper-UNHINGED: Xbox might have the studios but it's just the name, anyone worth a damn has been long gone. All the people left are the useless and incompetent. They also got a sheeboon as head of xbox or something right? the xbox brand is gonna tank so hard in the next couple of years it might be a bit sad.
Xbox wants to be the "Netflix for Games" and just makes money by having a subscription service instead of having a great console with great games. Their GamePass subscriptions stagnated from what I recall and that's not good. Phil Spencer is CEO of the Microsoft Gaming division but they made Sarah Bond the President of Xbox. Just a look at her history shows she's 100% a corporate suit that has no idea what to do to make a gaming company flourish.

Xbox is fucked, Sony gets a slow death by a thousand cuts, and Nintendo continues to print money while the Nintendrones provide cover for whatever retarded shit Nintendo will pull. Console market is fucked.

Top Bottom