"Imagine if you thought I was dead so you flushed me down the toilet only for me to be not dead and gain freedom only to be immediately died to seagulls once washed up on a beach front"Dizzy Dokuro

Vidya Games Thread

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I wonder what took him so long. He should've gone into movies decades ago.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I mean it's the artstyle of the region they come from. If the western hemisphere wasn't rotten by tumblr and mediocre artists we'd have more variety in gaming regardless if they're woke or not. Also a good chunk of devs who are making games nowadays grew up with garbage anime like naruto or my hero academia, so they try to emulate what they liked.

I honestly think it's gonna be a double whammy of woke disaster. It's gonna happen like god of soy. The first one regardless of how you feel about kratos portrayal was quite decent story wise. Then the second one is when they couldn't help themselves and had to give it aids. I also have the theory that they were burning so much money a la kojimbo that sony told balrog to wrap up his homosexual trilogy in one game. Spiderman had the same thing happen to it so if we use our noticing powers it's a no brainer that GOY is gonna suffer the same fate :whatastory:

One thing not talked about enough is none of these games are directly funded by the companies. It's all Financed. That's why there was the explosion of huge budget games during the ZIRP period. All games going forward are going to have some nasty debt servicing costs, which in theory would radically drop budgets.

View attachment 79316

This is the face of the person who is going to give obesity, melanin and vitiligo to your charmander or pidgeotto.

While it could be a bad picture, the dead eyes of Cluster B are shining there.

I just realized another reason why they cancelled the preorders for Assassin's Creed Shadows. By refunding preorders, they can hide how fucked it is from their Q2 report. This is incredibly important because they're French, which means they operate under IFRS and not GAAP. So while they may make IR statements regarding their quarterly performance like some info about net bookings, they aren't required to give out the full financial statements for those quarterly interim periods. They appear to only release semi-annual financial statements, which means half-year and full-year info. The latest key figures they provide is March 31st, 2024 because that's their year-end and the next statement will likely only come out for their Q2 (ending September 30th), which would be reported as "H1 24-25" on their financial statements as that covers April to September.

According to their March 31st, 2024 key figures, their "Non-IFRS Cash flow from operation" has been in the red for the past several years:
  • €55 million for 2021-22
  • €227.3 million for 2022-23
They barely pulled it to the black with €90.8 million for 2023-24 but their H1 23-24 was €188.7 million. So XDefiant (which released during their "H1 23-24") did really poorly (which we already knew) while AC Mirage (released during "H2 23-24") carried the fuck out of the company because it cost nothing to make and was super short while generating a bunch of sales. Meanwhile their massive sales monster, AC Valhalla, cost a fuckton to make because despite being the best selling game in the series, their 2020-21 "non-IFRS cash flow from operation" was only €64.6 million while their "IFRS Net income" was only €105.2 million. No wonder their investors are rioting. This company is carried entirely by Assassin's Creed and if Shadows bombs, they are fucked beyond belief. They already lost a lot of money from Outlaws, so this is going to be peak clownshow.

C'est foutu.

There any breakout on how much they make from the 3 large live service games they have? (Division 1, 2 and Rainbow 6 Siege?) Because leave it to Ubi to not make money on those.

Since his games are mainly secretly movies, does that mean his movies will be secretly games?

Well, most modern movies would qualify as bad cutscenes in most games, so I think we're already there?

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
I wonder what took him so long. He should've gone into movies decades ago.
Being fired from Konami probably really threw a wrench in the plan. If things hadn't gone sideways and Silent Hills happened, it probably would have happened sooner. Having to re-establish KojiPro probably slowed it down a lot. He probably feels he has the proper industry connections and cash now.

I wonder if he wants to direct a movie himself or just write/produce.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Kojima's moving to bigger plans

This nigga shat out the most up its own ass game ever and somehow he still has money to not produce anything of note ever? who is funding his shit honestly, is it the saudis or some superrich nigga a la elon but who isn't known. Even with kojimbos "brand" behind death stranding that shit couldn't have sold that well to fund his bullshit for this long.

God's Strongest Dragoon

There any breakout on how much they make from the 3 large live service games they have? (Division 1, 2 and Rainbow 6 Siege?) Because leave it to Ubi to not make money on those.
They don't break it down by specifics but they constantly mention Siege because that motherfucker has been around forever and has solidified its position in the FPS scene purely because the FPS scene is dogshit right now and there's nothing that directly competes with Siege in terms of gameplay. It's a hero shooter with a short TTK and highly destructive environments that the industry hasn't really seen since the good Battlefield days.

Their recent DEI bullshit with a wheelchair bound operator might fuck with that revenue stream though.

Top Bottom