"When I hold the mic, my pinky finger stands up, is this a problem outside of Japan?"Pako

Vidya Games Thread

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
That's wonderful. My options in gaming are being reduced to 1) woke atrocity that should've never been greenlit or 2) anime crap.
I'm going back to my hut and my old ps2 games.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
That's wonderful. My options in gaming are being reduced to 1) woke atrocity that should've never been greenlit or 2) anime crap.
I mean where can games truly go. Anime and Korean ass is the natural end game of this tech anyway, everyone knows this

:robertudrink:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
im looking forward to seeing all the Grummz slapfights over GoY (lmao) and maybe picking it up at a 60% off sale in 6 years

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

im looking forward to seeing all the Grummz slapfights over GoY (lmao) and maybe picking it up at a 60% off sale in 6 years
Nothing much will really take off until we get gameplay. At the end of the day, its whether they screw up the gameplay & presentation that'll dictate how things go. Though my primary annoyance at the moment is that a female ronin should be a spear wielder. Those were actually what they used because a woman can be fight a man decently well with combat spears given most of the time. There's also a lot of time for the fallout from the AC:Shadows disaster to hit. The Woke can't help themselves, but someone can always cut shit out up until it goes Gold in 6 months.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
I mean it's the artstyle of the region they come from. If the western hemisphere wasn't rotten by tumblr and mediocre artists we'd have more variety in gaming regardless if they're woke or not. Also a good chunk of devs who are making games nowadays grew up with garbage anime like naruto or my hero academia, so they try to emulate what they liked.
The Woke can't help themselves,
I honestly think it's gonna be a double whammy of woke disaster. It's gonna happen like god of soy. The first one regardless of how you feel about kratos portrayal was quite decent story wise. Then the second one is when they couldn't help themselves and had to give it aids. I also have the theory that they were burning so much money a la kojimbo that sony told balrog to wrap up his homosexual trilogy in one game. Spiderman had the same thing happen to it so if we use our noticing powers it's a no brainer that GOY is gonna suffer the same fate :whatastory:

chihirogumi

I mean it's the artstyle of the region they come from. If the western hemisphere wasn't rotten by tumblr and mediocre artists we'd have more variety in gaming regardless if they're woke or not. Also a good chunk of devs who are making games nowadays grew up with garbage anime like naruto or my hero academia, so they try to emulate what they liked.

I honestly think it's gonna be a double whammy of woke disaster. It's gonna happen like god of soy. The first one regardless of how you feel about kratos portrayal was quite decent story wise. Then the second one is when they couldn't help themselves and had to give it aids. I also have the theory that they were burning so much money a la kojimbo that sony told balrog to wrap up his homosexual trilogy in one game. Spiderman had the same thing happen to it so if we use our noticing powers it's a no brainer that GOY is gonna suffer the same fate :whatastory:
Damn, looking into the details about GoY (lol) depresses me. We're really gonna have two games about feudal Japan by western studios that are pozzed next year. The Last of Us part 1 arguably went the same way. It was at least decently well-received. Then Neil Druckmann had to jew it up for part two with the schnozz girl and the sheman villain.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Too many women and nonbinary people, and not enough straight white males. Oh, and all employees should be asked if Gamergate was right, and whoever answers no gets fired.

There, I saved Ubisoft six months of investigating and millions of dollars. DM me for my bank account details.
which gatergate tho. theres like *checks twitter* 20 of them now.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Spiderman had the same thing happen to it so if we use our noticing powers it's a no brainer that GOY is gonna suffer the same fate :whatastory:
Yeah, they made a huge crank up in the wokeshit for the second game but more are still planned. The Insomniac leak already revealed we're getting a Venom game and a Spider-Man 3. The funny part is that the Spider-Man 3 leak showed that it's going to be split up across multiple games.
image.png

Last edited:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Fuck all the other Sony stuff, but I popped off like a motherfucker for that Lunar collection. Best underrated RPG series around.

Sucks that the original singer isn't involved

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Sucks that the original singer isn't involved

I don't see dragon song in there. How will the new generation experience EVERY BAD IDEA in one game?

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Horizon Zero Dawn was a rather ordinary action RPG with an ugly-ass protagonist. An upscaled remake isn't fixing either of those problems.
Aloy looks fine enough in Zero Dawn. It's in the sequels she gets beaten with a shovel to appeal to Westoid fixation on trying to normalise dumpy over-the-hill women and square-jawed "women" as the norm and new sexual standard.
She's so bad that her face doesn't fit on her model, it's ridiculous, and I'm honestly curious if they'll be committed enough to demaster the original version of her to match. The sort of fan who's excited for this would overlap with those who've just accepted that it's ok for remakes and remasters to completely fuck up the art direction of the original game they're adapting.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Eva didn't get turned into a goblin, let's fucking gooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Alongside Penaldo, Ken and Chun Li are joining as guest characters in CotW.

Ballpark_Look

Lol the grifters are already out in full force. This guy clearly didn't play Ghosts of Tsushima.1000005838.jpg

UberSoldat

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

Eva didn't get turned into a goblin, let's fucking gooooooooooooooooooooooo

Something about this remake's looks feels off to me. I can't figure out why, but something about it invokes uncanny valley for me.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Something about this remake's looks feels off to me. I can't figure out why, but something about it invokes uncanny valley for me.
It's the realistic looking character models with the over-animated PS2 character animations. Like Snake throwing up his hands when talking to Sokolov or gigachad Ocelot's spinning.

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
It's the realistic looking character models with the over-animated PS2 character animations. Like Snake throwing up his hands when talking to Sokolov or gigachad Ocelot's spinning.
Are they using the same animations? MGS3 has mocap, so I am not so bothered by thatm. I think it is more the faces and lipsyncing being off that bothers me.

For example, Snake looks awful when speaking here.

Top Bottom