"I AM KIND JAPANESE HUMAN"Oozora Subaru

Vidya Games Thread

God's Strongest Dragoon

is there a trailer or some shit you can point me towards i need to see this shit.

or are you joking?
Aside from the Asmon clips of the music, one of the first things people noticed when it was announced was that they fucked up the architecture and used Chinese roofs instead of the appropriate Japanese ones for the era.
Holy shit DA:VG looks terrible lmao
Hopefully it bombs hard enough that Bioware is finally shuttered

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Aside from the Asmon clips of the music, one of the first things people noticed when it was announced was that they fucked up the architecture and used Chinese roofs instead of the appropriate Japanese ones for the era.
im not either but i know architecture fuckery REALLY REALLY annoys natives simply because it should not be that hard to get right. I remember for all the live action Mulan bitching one of the videos i watched had like a 15 minute mini rant about them fucking up the buildings.

it's the same fucking statue just made wider. the face being normal and no longer a jagged pixel edge which Kaine can cut himself gives off an optical illusion.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
it's the same fucking statue just made wider. the face being normal and no longer a jagged pixel edge which Kaine can cut himself gives off an optical illusion.
you cant be THAT retarded, come on now
I knew they would remaster the games for like half a year and expected fuckery and they delivered. My only relief for now is that these retards at least didn't reboot them or made a remake because you can bet your ass they would hamfist ariel into the story in such an obnoxious way on top of turning raziel gay for kain at some point.

Anyway I offer these twitter accounts to follow if you want games on your feed, they also share indie games from time to time. They're a good replacement for the trash that are the western ones.

tragic amphibian

Fuck all the other Sony stuff, but I popped off like a motherfucker for that Lunar collection. Best underrated RPG series around.
GET FUCKED, VICTOR IRELAND!!!! Hopefully the new versions don't have all of his dipshit changes that plagued the original US releases of the games.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
you cant be THAT retarded, come on now
I knew they would remaster the games for like half a year and expected fuckery and they delivered. My only relief for now is that these retards at least didn't reboot them or made a remake because you can bet your ass they would hamfist ariel into the story in such an obnoxious way on top of turning raziel gay for kain at some point.

Anyway I offer these twitter accounts to follow if you want games on your feed, they also share indie games from time to time. They're a good replacement for the trash that are the western ones.

No but they are. Though my bad for not indicating my (failed) attempt at mockery.

God's Strongest Dragoon

im not either but i know architecture fuckery REALLY REALLY annoys natives simply because it should not be that hard to get right.
The dumb part is that the series at least always attempted to get the historical architecture right because that was a core part of the experience of the game. The fact that they're fucking up even something like that shows how little effort they put into researching the time period, especially after they hired a literal fujoshi as their historical reference guide.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Doubleposting because this is funny as fuck:
image.png

Ghost
Of
Yotei
Ghost 2 would be pretty cool but I'm worried about them pulling a Spider-Man 2 and woking the fuck out of it to an unbearable level
PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME RIGHT

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Looks like Konami managed to make the games run at higher resolutions without all of the screen effects shitting themselves.

Looking into it more, most of the scuff with the Master Collection seems to be fixed.

MGS1 didn't get changed much, but it's MGS1, and it looks wrong at higher resolutions.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Counterargument: Your Dragon Age Veilguard character can have top surgery scars and pick their own pronouns.

1727267722630.png

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
JRPG Bros get ready to eat well, Atlus is dropping a demo for Metaphor Refantazio today.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Damn, I saw the first part of your sentence, and then my eyes caught "Xenosaga", and I got excited for a split second.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Damn, I saw the first part of your sentence, and then my eyes caught "Xenosaga", and I got excited for a split second.
They finally port Xenosaga.

But only Freaks.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
JRPG Bros get ready to eat well, Atlus is dropping a demo for Metaphor Refantazio today.

being an Atlus fan this year has been mostly a feast tbh.
Persona 3 Reload
Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance
P3 The Answer Reload
Metaphor
Potentially capping the year off with a port of the Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha games from an oopsie by an Atlus intern who briefly pushed an update to Nocturne HD replacing all achievements there with the Raidou achievements (lmfao).

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

They could've made a kickass samurai slash game with a black main character. It could've been goty even. But nooooo, those montrealese, those vancuverites, they just couldn't help themselves, they had to virtue signal. They had to make it about Yasuke, the totally not made up legend of the black daimyo that totally happened (source: academic fraud who wrote the wikipedia page).
Pretty sure there's been a couple of those games, but it wouldn't work as an AC mainline game. That said, Yasuke was a random East African that either was bought by the Jesuits or converted to Christianity and went around with one of their missions. He did just happen to show up for what was effectively one of the biggest pivot points in Japanese history as one of those random foreigners that always are around for those events. (This is still true to this day, though they tend to be low level business execs trying to sale some different widget when "oh crap, a coup is happening".)

They could have had their cake and eaten it too by making the modern day POV character a descendant of him and had Yasuke as a background character while the main character was an actual Japanese person.

I think the French-ness is what screwed them up there. Because the Jesuits, through most of their history, really aren't to be trusted as a group and there would be little avoiding making them an enemy in the story. So they couldn't bring in the real historical aspects without tripping over their own cultural fault lines. Gee, maybe they should have thought about that more?

I was watching the character jumping/warp dashing around and I'm pretty sure they barely had to actually move. Almost none of the attacks were actually aimed at them, though that might just be Journalist Mode. But the colors, saturation and lighting are all kind of bad PS3-era type of game. Textures are obviously going to be current period, but I feel like this game actually might have started as a PS3 game with how slow Bioware is to get anything done.

Called it.

Also Dizzy just called Raziel "fuckable"

I forgot how Raziel is the Shadow the Hedgehog in the gaming space before Shadow. Yeah, we're about to get a lot of this stuff, haha.

You can argue the facial texture either way, but female shoulders, mid-torso and hips in an era where there's enough angular detail to notice the difference in silhouettes. Chest, from that angle, can go either way. So, yes, the statue was a female goddess.

That said, 99% they just grabbed random Inca/Toltec stone statue model from a library and converted it. Saw it looked close enough and said "we good". Don't first ascribe to Woke what was clearly laziness they'll hide behind Woke.

The dumb part is that the series at least always attempted to get the historical architecture right because that was a core part of the experience of the game. The fact that they're fucking up even something like that shows how little effort they put into researching the time period, especially after they hired a literal fujoshi as their historical reference guide.

That fujoshi's "academic research" is freaking Man-Boy love in the pre-Meiji period. They hired an outright professional Shotacon as their primary "historical researcher". They gave 0 Fs about the historical setting, which really shows. Yet AC:Unity is praised for one its insanely detailed reconstruction of Revolutionary era France. Apparently, if it's French, they can bother.

Ballpark_Look

Continue laughing at Ubisoft, what a joke.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer

Played it. It is great, didn't expect for it to be that enjoyable considering I'm mostly a doomer for new ATLUS stuff. Will wait for the Definitive Edition 2 years from now. :koronehappyl:

Monster Hunter Wilds Steam page:

They're really charging 70 bucks for another disastrous launch: look at the requirements.
Asking for a 4060 to run it at 1080p@60FPS noting Frame Generation just means that you'll play at lower FPS and the game will probably chug/become irresponsive under certain situations. Interpolation doesn't solve input being read at lower FPS.
CAPCOM is really baring their fangs after their recent success streak, what is this bullshit? I know gamers are retarded but this is absurd, there is no way everyone forgot about DD2 performance issues.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Played it. It is great, didn't expect for it to be that enjoyable considering I'm mostly a doomer for new ATLUS stuff. Will wait for the Definitive Edition 2 years from now. :koronehappyl:
Actually, about 6 months ago a reliable leaker named Midori said what they did with P3 Reloaded will be their strategy going forward - DLC and Season passes, no more definative editions.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Oh, this is funny:

I choose to believe that this is directly linked to the mysteriously banned TVA Discord user Midori.

Top Bottom