"Eat shit and die"Himemori Luna

Vidya Games Thread

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
The prologue demo for Metaphor: ReFantazio has released with the first few hours of the game, and progress will carry over to release. If you're on the fence about the game, this is probably the best way to give it a fair shake:

(fair warning, the demo is 58.6 GB, what)

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

Continue laughing at Ubisoft, what a joke.

Gotta' say, it was totally worth them making the main character in a Feudal Japan setting be some black guy. I'm having much more fun watching the fallout of their retarded decisions than I would playing one of their modern-day slop titles.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

:dokiwheeze::dokiwheeze::dokiwheeze:

:ironmousekek::ironmousekek::ironmousekek:

I actually logged back in just to laugh about this when I saw the news.
Weirdly the demo is only 24.72 GB on my PS5
Both current consoles have built in rapid decompression hardware, so they run textures high compressed in the install files and can decompress them at run-time without issue. PCs can but I think that requires Win11 and specific settings turned on, so it'll get more common in the future.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Normally, delays are actually a good thing, as much as we hate them - a company has decided to withhold a game for some time to improve its quality, even if that holds up short-term profits. Lots of classic games had delays before release. But this game is a complete trashfire and sales projections are abysmal for reasons beyond graphical quality, polish and the size of the game, or the sort of stuff you can improve with an extra three months development.

Release this trashfire already, Ubisoft. All those right-wing drama YouTubers need to feast on this carcass.

God's Strongest Dragoon

>refunding preorders
>all future preorders will get the first expansion for free
>game will release on Steam on day 1 now

Sounds like the rumors were true about the preorders for the game being abysmal and now they are trying to sweeten the deal with the expansion giveaway because they know they're holding onto a bomb. They did that same giveaway for the Dead Kings DLC for Unity after that hilariously awful launch that everyone was mocking for a year straight. No wonder they refused to give a positive statement regarding the preorders for the game during that shareholder Q&A.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
>refunding preorders

Sounds like the rumors were true about the preorders for the game being abysmal and now they are trying to sweeten the deal with the expansion giveaway because they know they're holding onto a bomb. They did that same giveaway for the Dead Kings DLC for Unity after that hilariously awful launch that everyone was mocking for a year straight. No wonder they refused to give a positive statement regarding the preorders for the game during that shareholder Q&A.
Speaking of!

https://insider-gaming.com/ubisoft-investigation/

Board of Directors launches internal investigation.
:whatastory:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

Saturnus

haha it's unou

God's Strongest Dragoon

Speaking of!

>they plan on all new releases coming to Steam Day 1 now
>Star Wars Outlaws is being rushed to Steam by November 21st
>they're trying to say a "76" on Metacritic is a solid rating
>Ubisoft generated net bookings of €2.32 billion last year and now they've had to update their financial targets for FY2024-25 to be around €1.95 billion, which they state is break-even for non-IFRS operating income and free cash flow
>they have revised their Q2 FY2024-25 target to be around €350-370 million when it was originally set to be €500 million

Holy fuck, you can already glean that they made ~€150 million less than they expected for Q2 (runs from July to September). Nice little confirmation of how enormous the Outlaw bomb was. From the Insomniac leak, we learned that Disney has some incredibly aggressive licenses regarding leasing out their Marvel IP, so they likely have some equally aggressive license for Star Wars that assfucked Ubisoft even harder.

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
>refunding preorders

Preorder refund is odd. Has that happened before? I don't think I have seen it even with indefinitely delayed games.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Preorder refund is odd. Has that happened before? I don't think I have seen it even with indefinitely delayed games.
It's likely so they don't get backlash by giving other people preferential treatment by trying to sweeten the preorder deal with the expansion. They really need this game not to bomb.

Stunned But Dumb

My buddy preordered the new AC through GMG and doesn't know how to get the refund. Is he screwed?

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
My buddy preordered the new AC through GMG and doesn't know how to get the refund. Is he screwed?
Unlikely. GMG doesn't get keys early or anything. They are a legit seller, too.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Speaking of!

Too many women and nonbinary people, and not enough straight white males. Oh, and all employees should be asked if Gamergate was right, and whoever answers no gets fired.

There, I saved Ubisoft six months of investigating and millions of dollars. DM me for my bank account details.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I just realized they changed the release date to not just Valentine's Day but in the middle of Black History month. I guess they planned it for all the WE WAZ during Black History Month and picked Valentine's Day specifically so Yasuke defenders can play it while their wife is out with her boyfriend. I guess they understand their audience now.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Also more GoY shit courtesy of the farms.
image.png
image.png

Ghost 2 would be pretty cool but I'm worried about them pulling a Spider-Man 2 and woking the fuck out of it to an unbearable level.
I SAID STOP IT, STOP MAKING ME RIGHT, I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Also more GoY shit courtesy of the farms.
image.png
image.png

I SAID STOP IT, STOP MAKING ME RIGHT, I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT
I still don't understand how this comes as a shock to anyone. For all the niggas who hate woke garbage they're either retarded or naive thinking any mayor studio in this day and age can be "based" as the youth puts it. All studios are filled with these homos or most of them turned into faggóts as time went on. The best you can hope is for an indie studio of max 10 dudes who can keep the bullshit outside of their work and even then their next work will have politics in it and will be a downgrade, look at darkest dungeon and frostpunk.
Something that gives me a bit of hope is the rise of japanese indies. Thanks to twitter I've found some dudes posting their projects and some are interesting or look fun, more than the western indie slop I've been seeing nowadays. Example

Top Bottom