"If evil why hot?"Selen Tatsuki

Vidya Games Thread

God's Strongest Dragoon

And here I thought it was an accurate, lovingly portrayed historical preservation of Japan. Surely, there's nothing in the game that would make anyone think otherwise, right?
Yeah, let's get historical up in this shit!
cranks up hiphop music while running across Chinese rooftops

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Yeah, let's get historical up in this shit!
cranks up hiphop music while running across Chinese rooftops
is there a trailer or some shit you can point me towards i need to see this shit.

or are you joking?

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

I thought Ubisoft pulled out of TGS for fear of nationalist protests.
Honestly the hiphop sounds dope as fuck. It's everything surrounding this mess that aggravates the issue.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I thought Ubisoft pulled out of TGS for fear of nationalist protests.
Honestly the hiphop sounds dope as fuck. It's everything surrounding this mess that aggravates the issue.

Ubisoft managed to find compromises to the problems they'd created for themselves by landing on "horrifically racist but the type we find acceptable". Which is a study that needs to be done on its own, as this type of action is what actual Western Racism looks like.

Song isn't bad, but it's also completely misplaced, which might be the actual best description of this game.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
They could've made a kickass samurai slash game with a black main character. It could've been goty even. But nooooo, those montrealese, those vancuverites, they just couldn't help themselves, they had to virtue signal. They had to make it about Yasuke, the totally not made up legend of the black daimyo that totally happened (source: academic fraud who wrote the wikipedia page).

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
They could have had their cake and eaten it too by making the modern day POV character a descendant of him and had Yasuke as a background character while the main character was an actual Japanese person.

ogey_rrat

ogey
They could have had their cake and eaten it too by making the modern day POV character a descendant of him and had Yasuke as a background character while the main character was an actual Japanese person.
Yeah I was just about to say something similar, they could've given him a similar role to Adewale in Black Flag, would have appeased the virtue signaling retards without trashing the plot. Could have also added in their own John Blackthorne aka William Adams as a companion if they wanted to leech off Shogun's success as well.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
That's how they usually did it. You were always a literally who, who was in the presence of historically important characters and got to influence or kill them. Them deciding to make you Yasuke is, I think, the first time they made a historical figure (one of) the playable characters.

ValkyrieAce

Fuck all the other Sony stuff, but I popped off like a motherfucker for that Lunar collection. Best underrated RPG series around.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Fuck all the other Sony stuff, but I popped off like a motherfucker for that Lunar collection. Best underrated RPG series around.
It's crazy, I was literally thinking about those games earlier this week. Something to look forward to.

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

You think they're not going to find some way to fuck it up?

httn

Hag enthusiast
I WANT TO BELIEVE!
Code:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
l e g a c y o f k a i n : s o u l r e a v e r
Called it.

Also Dizzy just called Raziel "fuckable"

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Monster Hunter Wilds, February 28th, 2025, get ready for the streampocalypse

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
TLOU1 dragged from its grave yet again. Where would Sony be without their crutch to carry another console.

Bronze

Save us, sucker punch. Sucker punch save us

ValkyrieAce

Okay Sony, I tip my hat for including PS5Pro Hogwarts footage. Rustle those jimmies!

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

chihirogumi

Save us, sucker punch. Sucker punch save us

Massive L for Ubisoft. Especially right after the news that they had to pull out of the Tokyo Game Show. Unlike AC: Shadows, the Japanese actually loved Ghost of Tsushima.
I was debating burning the games onto a disc and playing on my Sega CD. This works out for me.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Oh damn, that's a good classic to pull out for a remaster. I never did finish the second one, but I did love the first one. Not enough to buy a PS5 or dust off my PS4, but still nice to see the series getting some attention.

Would be nice to see the same treatment for some other classics like Wild Arms or something too.

Top Bottom