"Imagine if you thought I was dead so you flushed me down the toilet only for me to be not dead and gain freedom only to be immediately died to seagulls once washed up on a beach front"Dizzy Dokuro

Vidya Games Thread

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
SNK is owned by the Savvy Games Group, Mohammed bin Salman's esportswashing and general gaming project, one of the initiatives of the public investment fund.
Got that wrong, it's owned by the Misk Foundation, a non-profit (????) owned by MBS. Not that it matters.
Ronaldo was also part of the self fellatory Esports World Cup closing ceremony (what the fuck is he doing there?) and has generally been falling all over himself to suck at the oil money teat of the Crown Prince.

Something that becomes very aparent when following the activities of the Savvy Games Group is that the saudis do not know the words "target audience". They are of the firm belief that bigger = better for all of their endeavours, so they hire completely unrelated celebrities to shill for their esports events and they bot the broadcast of the newly Saudi partnered esports awards to the millions with the fakes engagement ever.
Good to know that Saudi oil barons have approximately the same intelligence as Nolan Crush. :crushface:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Cool! I just found out that Space Marine 2 let's you play offline but doesn't keep your progress

Great feature! 10/10

Thank you for solidifying The First Descendant as my GOTY. Somehow even that Korean ass slop has better servers

Last edited:

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer

IT SHOULD BE MESSI
SNK IS A LATINO BRAND AT THIS POINT
MOTHERFUCKER IT SHOULD'VE BEEN MESSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

This is a really weird guest to have as well, public figures as fighters? Sounds like something Netherrealms would do, not SNK of all developers.

Speaking of SNK, old NAZCA devs joined hands and decided to create a new Slug-like, Black Finger Jet.

I am so hyped for this, but it looks like a single player game. With this getting traction they can use the game as a foundation for sequels/expanding the universe and allowing our classic arcade co-op experience from the SNK golden era. Will preorder, even if I bite the bullet because they deserve another chance (I just want good videogames).

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Cool! I just found out that Space Marine 2 let's you play offline but doesn't keep your progress

Great feature! 10/10

Thank you for solidifying The First Descendant as my GOTY. Somehow even that Korean ass slop has better servers
I swear the absolute best thing that could happen to the video games industry these days is another major market crash like in the 80s that sweeps the vast majority of trash working in it away.
From the dumbass execs parachuting in from unrelated industries to suck as much money out as possible to the monkeys-at-keyboards tier developers, all making 65iq decisions at base conception with 65iq implementation through to launch and post support, I'm amazed at just how terrible the standard has dropped for the "main" industry that people accept.
Can't buy a game without half of it being broken. Troubleshoot your way through that only to discover it's missing basic and obvious functionality for its design that the industry figured out 20 years ago because the devs just didn't think of it. In its place you have a bunch of obvious nonsense where the devs tried to reinvent the wheel but square this time and missed the ways it obvious wouldn't work because these fuckers don't actually play their own products anymore. Can hardly add or fix anything because devs don't understand how to code anymore, just dump more spaghetti into the void and hope it works. Best of all: have all these obvious flaws blindly defended by drool merchant fans who will defend anything for the dopamine hit because they've been groomed into investing their entire identity and emotional invement into these products thanks to the console war shittery of the 2010s.
I hate it. They need to go.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
I swear the absolute best thing that could happen to the video games industry these days is another major market crash like in the 80s that sweeps the vast majority of trash working in it away.
From the dumbass execs parachuting in from unrelated industries to suck as much money out as possible to the monkeys-at-keyboards tier developers, all making 65iq decisions at base conception with 65iq implementation through to launch and post support, I'm amazed at just how terrible the standard has dropped for the "main" industry that people accept.
Can't buy a game without half of it being broken. Troubleshoot your way through that only to discover it's missing basic and obvious functionality for its design that the industry figured out 20 years ago because the devs just didn't think of it. In its place you have a bunch of obvious nonsense where the devs tried to reinvent the wheel but square this time and missed the ways it obvious wouldn't work because these fuckers don't actually play their own products anymore. Can hardly add or fix anything because devs don't understand how to code anymore, just dump more spaghetti into the void and hope it works. Best of all: have all these obvious flaws blindly defended by drool merchant fans who will defend anything for the dopamine hit because they've been groomed into investing their entire identity and emotional invement into these products thanks to the console war shittery of the 2010s.

It will likely never return. Games were at their peak when it was computer nerds making games they wanted to play, with the games then being played by other nerds. Since there's money to be made, clout to be had, and egos to stroke, we will never be rid of the invaders.

A lot of people would need to stop playing anything videogame-like in order for this to happen. Perhaps one possible future we could see is the majority, sick of the digital world making their existence more and more empty, going back outside and engaging in all their extroverted activities, using computers and the internet for only information look up and minor communication. This would create that crash and, with no more mass appeal, games would return to the realm of the nerds.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
It will likely never return. Games were at their peak when it was computer nerds making games they wanted to play, with the games then being played by other nerds. Since there's money to be made, clout to be had, and egos to stroke, we will never be rid of the invaders.

A lot of people would need to stop playing anything videogame-like in order for this to happen. Perhaps one possible future we could see is the majority, sick of the digital world making their existence more and more empty, going back outside and engaging in all their extroverted activities, using computers and the internet for only information look up and minor communication. This would create that crash and, with no more mass appeal, games would return to the realm of the nerds.
it already exists. Indie games made by one or a handful of people still quality.

a few misses here and there from people over their head is worth Hades (yes fuck you it counts) Deadcells slay the spire HallowKnight Balatro Stardew Cuphead Necrodancer Celeste Fez Undertale Tunic Animal Well Noita Terraria Katana Zero Outer Wilds ect.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I do think we're seeing the functional collapse of the "AAA" gaming space, more akin to the movie industry collapse of the late 70s/early 80s. The only think that'll make money is the established IPs, established Mobile Games and whatever Nintendo is working on. Then the small studios will fill in the gaps until the large publishers are cut to the bone and a new cycle starts with new games.

Now, the fact we're in a pretty deep global recession has a good bit to do with all of this, along with youth populations that aren't increasing. There's also a bit of an issue that Computer and Console use are falling off quite a bit, which limits gaming types to Mobile in a lot of cases. Mobile is a far inferior platform to games, which is its own problem.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Are you me? It feels that you took a piece of my heart and poured in this post.

On the other hand and being more optimistic, retro got enough of a library for a lifetime, so you can always go back and become unbothered by the woes of the modern grift.

Fuck GaaS, fuck gacha, fuck dripfed content, fuck DRM, fuck bad patches, fuck $70 releases, fuck censorship, fuck eng dubs, fuck accessibility, fuck yellow paint, fuck walking sims, fuck "cinematics", fuck motion blur, fuck EA Blizzard Activision BandaiNamco SquareEnix Capcom Konami Sony Microsoft Amazon Nexon Arcsystemworks and above all, fuck Bob Kotick.

Go back, be happy instead.

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
If you own physical copies of games, you can always just ignore Current Year status quo and become the gaming equivalent of your hard rock uncle who still rides his Harley while blasting ZZ Top.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
If you own physical copies of games, you can always just ignore Current Year status quo and become the gaming equivalent of your hard rock uncle who still rides his Harley while blasting ZZ Top.
Kids just don't understand

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Bout time someone put Ubisoft out of its misery. After they've pivoted to making shitty God of War open world rip offs with Assassin's Creed in name only, I knew this company no longer had any spark of creative talent left.

Since Outlaws contributed to this disaster, here's a video repost of this guy trying out the game's pitiful max difficulty.

The main character in that Star Wars: Outlaws game looks really realistic if you have the right graphics card:

God's Strongest Dragoon

State of Play tomorrow at 3PM PST / 12PM EST / 11PM BST

Let's see how much of a shitshow this can be. Bloodborne fags, you may now assume the cope position.

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Dragoon

I know better than to have any hope for Sony to be competent by now :botanheadshake:.
I just want the "Bloodborne Kart" joke to be real so I can laugh at how angry everyone will get. These are the retards that put Mobius back in theaters because they fell for the meme. I wouldn't put them actually making "Bloodborne kart" because of the jokes above them.

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
I just want the "Bloodborne Kart" joke to be real so I can laugh at how angry everyone will get. These are the retards that put Mobius back in theaters because they fell for the meme. I wouldn't put them actually making "Bloodborne kart" because of the jokes above them.
If they did it, it would only be because someone else beat them to the punch and they would think that would someone mean people actually wanted it.

Stunned But Dumb

There's literally nothing they could show me that I would have sincere interest in. I am used to disappointment by now. A friend told me there's a higher chance of seeing a Halo port than any first party games and I wanted to [FEDPOST] but now I feel nothing.

Just let it happen.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
State of Play tomorrow at 3PM PST / 12PM EST / 11PM BST

Let's see how much of a shitshow this can be. Bloodborne fags, you may now assume the cope position.

I don't know what it is about "State of Play", but they have never been "good". It's obvious they're trying to replicate Nintendo's Directs. However Nintendo, through whatever black magic they employ, has basically never had much worse than a "Meh" direct. Nearly all of them are "Good" to "My Body is Ready" tier. State of Play however, I don't think I've seen a single one break "Meh" tier. And not only that, most of them are just BAD.

On that note, I saw this leak originally last week saying there would be a State of Play this week. Barring some good premiers we might get our first "Good" one, but it'd be weighed down by a fucking HZD Remaster of all goddamn things.

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister
No way they are selling Concord for 1 bucks lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1238.jpeg
    IMG_1238.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 0

God's Strongest Dragoon

State of Play however, I don't think I've seen a single one break "Meh" tier. And not only that, most of them are just BAD.
The common response has been "The Literal State of Play"
On that note, I saw this leak originally last week saying there would be a State of Play this week. Barring some good premiers we might get our first "Good" one, but it'd be weighed down by a fucking HZD Remaster of all goddamn things.
Ghost 2 would be pretty cool but I'm worried about them pulling a Spider-Man 2 and woking the fuck out of it to an unbearable level. Same deal with Gravity Rush, I have a strong feeling they're going to give Kat brickface like that Silent Hill 2 remake did for Angela.

Everything else I largely don't care about. I would be surprised if DD2 got an expansion, I heard that the game undersold compared to DD1. A DLC for Stellar Blade would be cool if they finally bother to give it a PC release. I agree though that a remaster of HZD and Until Dawn would be such a fucking "who asked for this?" that it would overwhelm whatever good vibes their positives put out.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
No way they are selling Concord for 1 bucks lol.
Is it really that hard to tell that's a photoshop?

I thought the higher the resolution, the easier it would be to tell for everyone.

Top Bottom