"Alright, I'm going into the butt-hole."Noir Vesper

Vidya Games Thread

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
No way they are selling Concord for 1 bucks lol.
remember how they shoved anthem for free into your unrelated purchase? Sales are more important then profits don't ask me how im sure it's stupid.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
This fucking piece of shit, and it isn't even as good as the original as it seems like fucking single player encounters are also tied to the servers which causes weird bugs like enemies not even spawning. And while it isn't as good as the original if they ripped out all this online BULLSHIT it would at least be a good game. Not a game that goes from working just fine to being broke as fuck because its servers go full retard. Gears of War, Halo 3 fuckign shit that did what this game is trying to do back in 06 and 07 and worked fucking fine. Keep in mind I got the below error when I booted up the game and hit "A" to start five fucking times because it never loaded the goddamn game.

fuksaber.png

God's Strongest Dragoon

This fucking piece of shit, and it isn't even as good as the original as it seems like fucking single player encounters are also tied to the servers which causes weird bugs like enemies not even spawning. And while it isn't as good as the original if they ripped out all this online BULLSHIT it would at least be a good game. Not a game that goes from working just fine to being broke as fuck because its servers go full retard. Gears of War, Halo 3 fuckign shit that did what this game is trying to do back in 06 and 07 and worked fucking fine. Keep in mind I got the below error when I booted up the game and hit "A" to start five fucking times because it never loaded the goddamn game.

View attachment 79096
My biggest issue was getting past the opening cutscene because for some reason, the game comes to a grinding halt because of that 1 cutscene. I'm enjoying the game so far, never played the original though. There's some definite optimization issues going on though.

In Steam Events news:
  • Steam Turn-Based RPG Fest starts next Monday and is running from September 30th to October 7th
  • NextFest from October 14th to October 21st
  • Finally the Halloween Sale will run from October 28th to November 4th

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Beat "The Plucky Squire". Was hoping for a charming Zelda-like. Got an aggressively mid handholding baby puzzle game where I was more likely to die in the shitty rhythm game mini games than actual combat. Got it via Playstation Plus and my first thought was "Thank god I didn't actually buy it". Hard skip.

UberSoldat

View attachment 79096
My biggest issue was getting past the opening cutscene because for some reason, the game comes to a grinding halt because of that 1 cutscene. I'm enjoying the game so far, never played the original though. There's some definite optimization issues going on though.
While I've had my fair share of performance issues with the game, they fortunately weren't as bad as some reports I've seen, but it was still a shitty experience regardless. My issues included cutscenes freezing up, the battle barge chugging at the elevator, and audio/video stuttering and halts in-mission. Tis a shame, I am enjoying the game and I do think it surpasses the first game. I've already finished the campaign but I'm not touching Operations or PVP until the promised patch comes out and there's a noticeable improvement.

God's Strongest Dragoon

While I've had my fair share of performance issues with the game, they fortunately weren't as bad as some reports I've seen, but it was still a shitty experience regardless. My issues included cutscenes freezing up, the battle barge chugging at the elevator, and audio/video stuttering and halts in-mission. Tis a shame, I am enjoying the game and I do think it surpasses the first game. I've already finished the campaign but I'm not touching Operations or PVP until the promised patch comes out and there's a noticeable improvement.
Usually I restart the game if the issues start to get out of control but the one thing that never stops and constantly ruins the game is the audio desync for cutscenes. It gets REALLY bad sometimes and ruins the entire atmosphere of the game. I'm only a few missions in but I'm tempted to put it on the backburner until a performance patch comes like you mentioned.

I'm liking the game a lot though, nonetheless. I thought the combat would be boring from what I saw people play, especially the melee, but I'm enjoying the combat and it feels a lot better to play than see.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Don't mind me just over here enjoying 2-3 year old games that have had all their issues fixed already.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Don't mind me just over here enjoying 2-3 year old games that have had all their issues fixed already.

Look at this green motherfucker. Probably still sucking his mother's teets.

If you'll excuse me, I got a game from 1994 to play.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

Milk is expensive bruh.

UberSoldat

I almost never play new AA/AAA games, SM2 was one of those few times I did. Now I'm happy to skip STALKER 2 at launch as that one's an even bigger gamble launch-wise.

Now would you excuse me, I've got Plutonia Experiment to finish up in preparation for Legacy of Rust.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
That's honestly an interesting question but we'd never come to a consensus in ten million years. There are some very very VERY good games made since 1990 and it'd end up being a popularity poll more than anything else. I would argue Mother 3 is the "best" game made in 2006 for example but no one has ever fucking played that game. Oblivion or Twilight Princess or something would get picked instead.
Our list of games wouldn't be perfect but it would be a damn sight better than most lists.

Bronze

Darkest dungeon devs are acquired by developers of Dead by daylight

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Ubisoft has pulled out of their exhibit at TGS
:NOWWELAUGH:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Darkest dungeon devs are acquired by developers of Dead by daylight

Welp wave good bye to darkest dungeon 3. Though maybe we will get a darkest dungeon dating sim out of it. :gloomiLaugh:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
The My Time At Evershine kickstarter launched a few hours ago, and has already made its goal twice over. Absolutely no stretch goals at all (EDIT: stretch goals were added post me writing this, oh no), so no need to worry about bloat later down the development line, although backers get to help vote on which two non-core romance options become part of the core romance options, which means their stories and content will be greatly expanded upon (each game has their favorites in this regard, such as Ginger in Portia and Nia in Sandrock). Expect a bloodbath as everyone fights it out.

For any chuubas that are sufficiently mentally deranged, there are still two Backer NPC tiers left. Is it a financially sound way to spend $10k? Probably not, but you can have people recruit your character in their town to be put through indentured slavery government mandated contract work. If that's not evergreen stream content, I don't know what is!

The Forever Winter launches in a few hours, a co-op/PVE third-person extraction shooter that seems to have a lot of hype going for it, so please temper your expectations responsibly! It's early access, content creator builds showcase some gameplay issues, and there is a controversy with an in-game resource decaying over real-life time, so do a bit of research before pulling the trigger on a purchase if you want to wait for it to be improved upon later down the line. Otherwise, join the endless war below, it's $27 (which is half the cost of a doordash order, for any chuubas that want to put it in perspective!)

Last edited:

Ballpark_Look

God's Strongest Dragoon

Ubisoft is fucking cooked

If the rumors that the preorder sales are really low, then this shit is going to be so fucked. Especially if Sony reveals Ghosts 2 later today at their State of Play.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Ubisoft is fucking cooked

And here I thought it was an accurate, lovingly portrayed historical preservation of Japan. Surely, there's nothing in the game that would make anyone think otherwise, right?

Top Bottom