"So many zeros, that's like Matsuri-chan's boobs"Houshou Marine

Vidya Games Thread

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
My brother.

I regret ever playing that piece of shit game. My main fault is I kept wanting it to be something it wasn't; it always seemed like there was just something there that almost made it what I was looking for...
It was so close to being good. So, so close. I think I finally gave up the ghost after the boon token debacle, but there were so many little things that had piled up that uninstalling it left me with a sense of relief. Felt like a battered housewife locking her husband out of the house.

Did you continue to play Dead By Daylight three hours per day after reaching that conclusion?
No, but I may or may not have kept up on what perks were being released and how to counter them for months after uninstalling the game... :ponrys:

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I've been considering checking out The Old Republic, so I checked the negative Steam reviews to see what people don't like about it.
View attachment 78701
This nigga left a negative review after 4909.7 hours, and then played for another 80. 40.8 of which were in the past two weeks.
Shit nigga, I'd say SWTOR is an alright game. The F2P limitations are kinda retarded, but after you beat the initial campaign, you can pay a $15 sub once, to permanently remove most of them, and also get all of the expansion content permanently unlocked, even after your sub runs out. The class stories are pretty good, the companions are alright, the gameplay is pretty good for standard tab target MMOs. I didn't put much time into PVP or home building autism, but the game also has a bunch of side content like the starship rail shooter, starship PVP, etc.. The only thing I fucking HATED were the Revan and HK-47 butchering, but at least it comes and goes quick. The community is pretty nice, as it is in most older MMOs. Most of the recent content wasn't even done by Bioware, because the game got passed to some studio that specializes in running older MMOs.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I've been considering checking out The Old Republic, so I checked the negative Steam reviews to see what people don't like about it.
View attachment 78701
This nigga left a negative review after 4909.7 hours, and then played for another 80. 40.8 of which were in the past two weeks.

It's the "I hate this, but I'll still keep playing" low addiction issue. It's actually far more complicated than addiction issues in most cases. It's part of the built in routine and that's the real issue, along with being a big part of your social interaction. No comment on how many MMOs I have over 1k hours in.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Looks like we're getting another Cyberpunk anime. Whether it is a S2 of Edgerunners or just a new story in that universe is unknown.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Looks like we're getting another Cyberpunk anime. Whether it is a S2 of Edgerunners or just a new story in that universe is unknown.

Hoping we go the Anthology route and follow a totally different set of Runners.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Hoping we go the Anthology route and follow a totally different set of Runners.
Well we do know that CDPR have mentioned they're planning on Witcher 4 and another game set in Cyberpunk. It would be cool if it were an anthology and by the time the game comes out, some of the main characters are older versions of surviving characters from their seasons. Like how Rogue is running the Afterlife but she's been around since the original 1988 TTRPG. Like imagine we got Edgerunners before 2077 released and we saw an aged up Lucy up to shit.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Could do a lot of fun things with it.

In my case I would love to see the untold story of David somehow become a rallying point for people who treat him like some kind of messiah there are plenty of people who would KNOW OF him to make that kind of mockery of that tragedy but not actually know him.

Though a new team sounds like the safest and most obvious choice I am curious to see what they do to make them different from the edgerunners crew.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Well we do know that CDPR have mentioned they're planning on Witcher 4 and another game set in Cyberpunk. It would be cool if it were an anthology and by the time the game comes out, some of the main characters are older versions of surviving characters from their seasons. Like how Rogue is running the Afterlife but she's been around since the original 1988 TTRPG. Like imagine we got Edgerunners before 2077 released and we saw an aged up Lucy up to shit.
I'd love some kind of anthology series about a bunch of the side characters from 2077, like Kerry and the rest of Samurai, River Ward, Conspiracy victim politician man, Judy, the whole Mr Blue Eyes thing, etc.. But that's probably never happening because they're all pretty influenced by player choices.

UberSoldat

Civvie plays Exophobia

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Absolute peak is incoming, please look forward to every chuuba under the sun obsessed with it on release:

Ubisoft could never, Skull & Bones found dead in the water (more than it already is)

Bronze

Absolute peak is incoming, please look forward to every chuuba under the sun obsessed with it on release:

Ubisoft could never, Skull & Bones found dead in the water (more than it already is)

Sounds like a giant substory in game format and I'm all for it :shubaIapprob:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Does not surprise me given what they invested in the mocap-facecap full studio trailer and the animation shorts. They banked the whole farmhouse and the deed on this. The true lesson of the failure of Concord isn't "hurr woke" since that's being taken care of by insiduous third parties; It's that hollywood's obsessive fetish for Joss Whedon-tier ragtag group teamup storytelling is overdone, and it is a festering bloated corpse that we've all grown tired of.
Also 5v5 esports fpss should have retired 4 years ago.

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

Darkspawns in DA:O:
Creature-Darkspawn_Group.jpg

Darkspawns in DA2:
DarkspawnDAII.jpg

Darkspawns in DAI:
dragon-age-darkspawn.jpg

Veilguard:
dragon-age-the-veilguard-darkspawn-2.jpg
20240920_134840.jpg
intro-1632752169.jpg

Last edited:

VSoyBoy

FOUR HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARYDOOS!!!
:selenpointandlaugh:

I'm questioning the 400 Million figure. That would make it so much more expensive than much bigger games. The only three relevant games that would have cost more than that are Cyberpunk, Star Citizen and Genshin Impact, even accounting for unofficial figures.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

FOUR HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARYDOOS!!!
:selenpointandlaugh:

No wondering they completely shut it down. The tax write off will save them so much money in taxes. That's an even bigger oof moment.

Derpspawns in full force. Explains the game devs.

I'm questioning the 400 Million figure. That would make it so much more expensive than much bigger games. The only three relevant games that would have cost more than that are Cyberpunk, Star Citizen and Genshin Impact, even accounting for unofficial figures.

That's probably correct for the totality of the process. Also, Sony bought the studio for $250 million from a VC company. So it's entirely likely the game, in totality with marketing, cost closing to $500 million to Sony. The game costing 150-200 million given the time and investment is entirely possible. It really depends on how you count the time before Sony acquired Firewalk.

Edit: at almost 9 minutes in, he said the $400 million USD figure didn't include the cost to acquire the studio, which was I believe around 250 million USD to the VC, though I think in stock. Yeah, this game is going to end up costing Sony upwards of 3/4 of a Billion USD.

Everyone kind of needs to be fired in management.

Last edited:

VSoyBoy

That's probably correct for the totality of the process. Also, Sony bought the studio for $250 million from a VC company. So it's entirely likely the game, in totality with marketing, cost closing to $500 million to Sony. The game costing 150-200 million given the time and investment is entirely possible. It really depends on how you count the time before Sony acquired Firewalk.
The Cyberpunk budget including marketing AND ongoing development after release is at 440 Million. Also, what fucking marketing was there for Concord? Analyst estimates put GTA5's Marketing budget at around 100 Million and that game was fucking everywhere when it came out.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

The Cyberpunk budget including marketing AND ongoing development after release is at 440 Million. Also, what fucking marketing was there for Concord? Analyst estimates put GTA5's Marketing budget at around 100 Million and that game was fucking everywhere when it came out.
Concord was going to be in everything Sony was doing and had to be stripped out of stuff. You can also blow an entire marketing budget on dumb stuff super fast.

Top Bottom