"I've recently realized just how much I keep my mouth open while playing games"IRyS

Vidya Games Thread

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I wonder if them buying the studio that made it was included in that number?

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Why the hell would a fantasy game have top scars in it? Granted, I know jack shit about Dragon Age, but assuming it's a fairly standard fantasy setting, wouldn't it be easier to have transgender characters who use magic or some dragon bullshit to transition, instead of relying on medieval-era medicine? Hell, why would you need transgender characters at all, just pick the gender you identify as. You're a woman? Play a woman! But of course, these people don't want to play as women, they want to play as trans women, because trans women are super special and unique and better than biological women, but they're also the exact same thing and if you think otherwise based on biology or even their actions you're a disgusting bigot who shouldn't be allowed to live. And now it's gotten so bad FTMs are starting to pull this shit too. These people are so soulless and uncreative they can't roleplay in a roleplaying game, they have to be looking at themselves 100% of the time, lest the illusion break and it occurs to them that they aren't the super special trans man or woman of their dreams, they're just some sad sap who mutilated themselves for a pipedream that isn't real. Why have we allowed these deeply disturbed people so much power and influence over modern media? Why are the lunatics running the asylum?

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

God's Strongest Dragoon

Analyst estimates put GTA5's Marketing budget at around 100 Million and that game was fucking everywhere when it came out.
At the risk of powerleveling, marketing costs have increased significantly since 2013. Then you have to consider they got Blur to make a Concord episode for their Secret Level show and it becomes blatantly apparent how bloated that marketing budget can be.
The Cyberpunk budget including marketing AND ongoing development after release is at 440 Million.
The video mentions the game development cost $200 million until around early 2023, which sounds on par for what they've done with other projects according to the Insomniac leak. The extra $200 million is because they panicked after seeing that the game is barely in an alpha state when its due to be released within 18 months. These DEI hires sat around on their hands for ~6+ fucking years doing jackshit while getting paid Seattle-area salaries. So Sony panicked and splurged $200 million to outsource the fuck out of everything to get this shit in a somewhat presentable state in record speed because they truly believed this was going to be some Star Wars level IP. There were immensely deluded retards all the way from the studio's staff to the fucking corporate level of SIE. This was Herman Hulst's baby apparently, who is the new CEO of SIE, so they got money funneled into them.
wouldn't it be easier to have transgender characters who use magic or some dragon bullshit to transition, instead of relying on medieval-era medicine?
I only played Origins but magic users were distrusted in the Dragon Age universe and anyone that showed any ability with magic was locked up by the Templars. It's not just a random fact, it's a huge lore thing. When you create your character, your "tutorial/starting area" is based on your character's race and status (Human Noble, Dwarven Commoner, City Elf, Forest Elf, etc). However if you picked the Mage class, you automatically started out in the Mage Tower where you were imprisoned by the Templars.

However the whole top surgery scar bullshit is REALLY fucking gay and it's just another example in the long list of reasons why this game is bound to be trash.

Last edited:

Ballpark_Look

At the risk of powerleveling, marketing costs have increased significantly since 2013.
It's a safe bet to assume that the cost of everything has increased and every goal had their goalposts moved.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Someone posted this on Twitter. The credits for Concord were literally an hour and 12 minutes long. Says quite a bit about the personnel costs at the very least.

God's Strongest Dragoon

It's a safe bet to assume that the cost of everything has increased and every goal had their goalposts moved.
Marketing costs had already increased massively from 2013 before inflation ever entered the equation. Nowadays there's far too many avenues to advertise through and a lot of incompetent marketing teams will make the mistake of trying to hit too many vectors instead of effectively figuring out where their target audience is. A smart marketing team will do with $50 million what another team will do with $200 million.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Absolute peak is incoming, please look forward to every chuuba under the sun obsessed with it on release:

Ubisoft could never, Skull & Bones found dead in the water (more than it already is)

I can't believe Dead Souls got a sequel

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Im eagerly awaiting to see if VeilGuardDreadWolf or whatever the fuck can give us another funny loss moment while Space Mahreen 2 still does well

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Why the hell would a fantasy game have top scars in it? Granted, I know jack shit about Dragon Age, but assuming it's a fairly standard fantasy setting, wouldn't it be easier to have transgender characters who use magic or some dragon bullshit to transition, instead of relying on medieval-era medicine? Hell, why would you need transgender characters at all, just pick the gender you identify as. You're a woman? Play a woman! But of course, these people don't want to play as women, they want to play as trans women, because trans women are super special and unique and better than biological women, but they're also the exact same thing and if you think otherwise based on biology or even their actions you're a disgusting bigot who shouldn't be allowed to live. And now it's gotten so bad FTMs are starting to pull this shit too. These people are so soulless and uncreative they can't roleplay in a roleplaying game, they have to be looking at themselves 100% of the time, lest the illusion break and it occurs to them that they aren't the super special trans man or woman of their dreams, they're just some sad sap who mutilated themselves for a pipedream that isn't real. Why have we allowed these deeply disturbed people so much power and influence over modern media? Why are the lunatics running the asylum?
Dragon Age is one of those settings where magic wouldn't work like that as it is more or less outlawed

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
To me it seems like DragonAge was the perfect candidate for some diversity hire just doing whatever they want, its not a popular series with a total of 1 good/succesful game from before the era of hyper culture wars, so you can piss off old fans who are meanie chuds and appeal to people who have since drunken some form of idpol koolaid, and considering DA/ME's controversies about sex, they're probably more of the latter than the former

God's Strongest Dragoon

To me it seems like DragonAge was the perfect candidate for some diversity hire just doing whatever they want, its not a popular series with a total of 1 good/succesful game from before the era of hyper culture wars, so you can piss off old fans who are meanie chuds and appeal to people who have since drunken some form of idpol koolaid, and considering DA/ME's controversies about sex, they're probably more of the latter than the former
It's really fun to tell people that Dragon Age had 1 good game and it wasn't the one that won GOTY.

Bug Eater

Someone posted this on Twitter. The credits for Concord were literally an hour and 12 minutes long. Says quite a bit about the personnel costs at the very least.

For scale (not that you need it because it's a fucking long ass time by any measure) it's one minute longer than the ending cutscene of MGS4. :PomuPanic:

VSoyBoy

It's really fun to tell people that Dragon Age had 1 good game and it wasn't the one that won GOTY.
That, apart from Last Of Us 2, is the stupidest GOTY ever.

Crazy that inquisition won in a year where Mario Kart 8, Alien Isolation and Wolfenstein came out, and those games weren't even nominated. Out of the games nominated the only bigger joke is Hearthstone, all the other nominees are more memorable to this day and should have taken it over Dragon Age.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Crazy that inquisition won in a year where Mario Kart 8, Alien Isolation and Wolfenstein came out, and those games weren't even nominated. Out of the games nominated the only bigger joke is Hearthstone, all the other nominees are more memorable to this day and should have taken it over Dragon Age.
>Larian releases Divinity: Original Sin but is snubbed by nu-Bioware's DA:I for Best RPG
>Larian puts out D:OS2 and gets snubbed again by Atlus's Persona 5
>Larian proceeds to continue old-Bioware's Baldur's Gate series and collect every award under the sun

:smugpipi:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

You don't like your CRPG to be collectathon, resource-scanning, single-player MMO, shit? Why not?!

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Meanwhile I've been having an absolute blast playing Star Trucker and that development team is literally two people. I cannot wait until this "quadruple-A" DEI bloat fad gets the rope.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
We should do a forum poll for GOTY since 1990. If only to shit on Inquisition and for me to piss off the planet with my 1996 pick

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
We should do a forum poll for GOTY since 1990. If only to shit on Inquisition and for me to piss off the planet with my 1996 pick
That's honestly an interesting question but we'd never come to a consensus in ten million years. There are some very very VERY good games made since 1990 and it'd end up being a popularity poll more than anything else. I would argue Mother 3 is the "best" game made in 2006 for example but no one has ever fucking played that game. Oblivion or Twilight Princess or something would get picked instead.

Top Bottom