"I'll be eating some of my body lotion and body soaps today, don't judge my choices; I bought these soap bars and I can't even use them on my body! I have a skin condition, it causes my skin to kheeeegh! I was smelling them through the packaging and I got some strange looks from people"Gezu Gezu

Vidya Games Thread

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
So you're saying that developers have now created an easy visual guide for gamers on game quality:

If troons --> it's shit.
:loading::loading:

I mean if that's what they want gamers to associate with troons. They did it not us.
:whatastory:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

It went from being some fag devs hiding behind their faggotry as a defense to their incompetence to it being a common enough practice that C-class executives already have the defense prepared. Blizzard was getting meme'd on for Diablo 4 so they waddled out two troon devs working in shit like the art department to play the game on stream. Even Asmon of all people immediately figured out that Blizzard was hate-baiting so they could send those mean comments to their journalist buddies and have all criticism of Diablo 4 dismissed as "toxic transphobe gamers that hate women". I've come to expect troons shit everywhere in the industry but it's almost like a recurring joke of "is this troons shit in here because shitty troon devs put it in or they're trying to hate-bait?".

I had the exact feeling during that recent shitty State of Play by Sony and the only person they brought on screen was a troon. There was no reason for them to be there and it felt super out of place, like it wasn't even pandering. It just felt like they knew they had a shitty State of Play so they rolled out the troon so they can point to it and say "HA, that's why you're shitting on our State of Play!"
It's always important to remember that they hate the people they put into the firing line. The cult thrives on his hypocrisy, which is why gaslighting is their first approach to everything. Putting one of the special ones in the way to take the heat, allow them to pay for fake hate and then get to feel superior is what they like. It warms the cold recesses of their hearts for a couple of hours.

UberSoldat

Been having fun with BattleBit, some minor gripes but nothing dealbreaking. Interesting how a team of three understands why people love Battlefield in the first place much better than modern-day DICE.

Zapan1984

So Game Awards then for a new Monster Hunter game? :depressedtako:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Tokyo Game Show is starting in the next few hours. Expect some major announcements from some major Japanese studios. In particular, people are expecting a major Monster Hunter announcements at Capcom's presentation in a half days time. And if so, if it will launch multi-platform, or be a PS5 exclusive.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
RGG dropped a new trailer for Yakuza 8 and it was revealed that Kiryu has cancer :painpeko::fishmandispair:

Timestamp: 6:09

Are we about to witness Kson rob the sperm bank Kiryu used, and/or exercise her 2nd Amendment rights on SEGA?

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Are we about to witness Kson rob the sperm bank Kiryu used, and/or exercise her 2nd Amendment rights on SEGA?
She gets in, but at what cost. The curse of Kson strikes again!

:urtearingmeapart:

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Ya know it's a bit easy to overlook in the main game, but it's a lot more apparent how bad Ada's voice actor is in the DLC. Still, I find it fun to play at least.
oh yeah, she has a blonde hair option too i suppose.

Screenshot 2023-09-21 16-50-06.png

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
So Game Awards then for a new Monster Hunter game? :depressedtako:
honestly hoping we might get more follow ups to rise (main series first tho) letting them fuck around with new mechanics that might annoy vets in a side series was a pretty good idea.

Zapan1984

Ya know it's a bit easy to overlook in the main game, but it's a lot more apparent how bad Ada's voice actor is in the DLC. Still, I find it fun to play at least.
oh yeah, she has a blonde hair option too i suppose.

View attachment 46170
I noticed how phoned in the VA work sounded of Ada in the Trailer, like even the German dub voice of her sounds better and that says a lot :ponrys:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I noticed how phoned in the VA work sounded of Ada in the Trailer, like even the German dub voice of her sounds better and that says a lot :ponrys:
i don't think phoned in is the right word she just sounds like that i think it may have been meddling from her manager specifically. shes an actress or something right? I vaguely recall the details but i recall some mention of her having a personal handler who filters most of her jobs those people can be super controlling over what performance is presented.

those types of asshole may have insisted and the director was too lazy to argue in the worst case capcom may actually have given orders to just let him meddle.

even if im making shit up due to i cant be assed to recheck i doubt it was as simple as "lel bad va"

God's Strongest Dragoon

Cyberpunk 2077's version 2.0 update launched today. Going to start up a new save and try to play through it to give a review.There's a bunch of stuff being changed like a massive update to graphics as this is supposedly the first game to have DLSS 3.5, I believe a SSD is required in general now. A general review of what's new in this update:
  • Vehicle combat with pistols and SMGs (katanas if you're riding a motorcycle) and some vehicles have mounted weapons. You can slash/shoot out vehicle tires now, there's also new perks that add things like activatable slow-mo while driving or jumping out of cars mid-air.
  • Vehicles have been completely overhauled in the physics department. They've retuned and rebalanced nearly all vehicles for braking, acceleration, and top speed. All vehicles now have torque curves.
  • Clothing no longer has stats like, only a few select items like actual body armor has some stats. Armor and all other stats are now tied to your Cyberware and can be directly upgraded. Clothing will no longer have mods either, it's purely a cosmetic function now so you're not looking like a clown while being a murder machine.
  • You have a capacity limit to your Cyberware, which increases with your stats and some perks (there's even one that let's you exceed your limit but lowers your health as a trade-off)
  • Prices for Cyberware has been rebalanced (generally reduced for lower tier Cyberware) so you don't have to dump a retarded amount of money for basic shit
  • Certain Cyberware slots are tied to specific stat attributes
  • Upgrading your Cyberware has a short cutscene play with you getting out of the chair whenever you're done upgrading instead of you just purely buying at a menu and fucking off
  • All sub-classes of perks (like Assault, Annihilation, and Street Brawler in the Body tree) have been merged into a single perk tree for that specific stat. This includes their skill bonuses from gaining experience using those items, as those have been merged into a single attribute experience bar.
  • Perks have been streamlined with more activate-ability perks
    Build Planner can be found here to see what the perks are and what they do:
  • Police are actually competent now and will give chase like GTA (MaxTac at level 5 wanted). Police are now out and about in the world more often, actually doing shit like patrolling or working crime scenes. You can now also quickhack Police.
  • Enemies and loot will scale to your level while weapons scale to their rarity
  • Loot has been streamlined and decluttered, so you don't have to look at like 4 pieces of garbage aesthetic loot when you're looting a body
  • Health items and Grenades are tied to a limited number of charges that recharge over time, so you can't just throw 20 billion grenades or keep spamming Health items like Skyrim
  • Stamina no longer drained outside of combat for movement (sprinting, sliding, jumping) but is now drained when firing guns and not just melee weapons. You can keep firing your gun when you're out of stamina, it just makes your accuracy worse and increases weapon sway.
  • Finishers added into the game (some are perks) that give bonuses for killing enemies
  • Outside of Cyberware, only iconic weapons can be upgraded so you don't end up running around with "Generic Shotgun+48 levels" that discourages you from using the iconic weapons. All iconic weapons will have a slot on the weapon wall in V's apartment stash, so you have a reason to get all that shit.
  • Apartments will now give small buffs (no clue on what this means, maybe sleeping at a specific apartment will do something?)
  • Enemy AI supposedly improved for things like reacting to grenades, will use their own Sandevistan to counter yours if they have it, and other things
  • Netrunner rebalanced with changes to RAM costs, damage, upload time, effects of some quickhacks, and perks to allow you to queue up multiple quickhacks on an enemy or "Overclock", allowing you to sacrifice health to makeup for insufficient RAM.
  • 3 new radio stations: 107.5 Dark Star (Electronic Music), Impulse 99.9 (songs remixed by Idris Elba), and 89.7 Growl FM (songs created by the community with DJ Ash, who is voiced by Sasha Grey)
EDIT: Just opened up the game and loaded up my lvl 47 (max level is 50) and fucked around for like 10mins. Holy fucking shit, the Cyberware stats is a lot to take in at once and I completely agree with reviewers recommending starting a new save to ease yourself into this shit. For reference, this "titanium bones" Cyberware was just increased carrying capacity before the patch.

Last edited:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
A lot of phoned-in-sounding VA work is because of poor or non-existent direction. Some performances are just the actor reading a sequence of lines with no context for the situation or conversation, because that's what the game studio provided.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
A lot of phoned-in-sounding VA work is because of poor or non-existent direction. Some performances are just the actor reading a sequence of lines with no context for the situation or conversation, because that's what the game studio provided.
That, and companies kinda tend to pick up literally whos off the street, Z-list actors, or E-celebs because any VA with a good track record is almost guaranteed to be in the Voice Actor Union these days, and companies don't want to deal with that. Sometimes it's a hit like Nick and Nicole for RE2/4 Leon and RE3 Jill, or the lady that voiced RE2make Ada. Sometimes you get the dude that voice RE4make Saddler and you want to kill yourself.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I've waited so long for EDF6 to be ported over PS4 that I just don't care anymore. My japanese has gotten better and getting an import version will be cheaper any way. I am however delighted to be getting all three Apollo Justice games, if anything because I could never get Dual Destinies on the 3DS shop.

God's Strongest Dragoon

So I've gone through and kept reloading a save file so I can keep fully resetting all my attributes and perks to mess around with builds. Just been throwing down with the cops and eventually fighting MaxTac to get a feel for the builds and to see how they perform. Put like an hour of gameplay into each build. The revamp to the cops is great but my one major complaint is that cops don't drop ammo, so you're eventually going to be fucked. Did my rankings based on general open combat ability:
Tier List
S-tier

• Blade (Katana)
  • Body into Reflex (Shotgun)
  • Blunt (Gorilla Arms)
  • Throwables Build (Throwing Knives)
A-tier
  • Reflex into Body (AR/SMGs)
  • Intelligence (Hacking/Smart Weapons)
B-tier
  • Blunt (Not using Gorilla Arms)
C-tier
  • Technical (Tech Weapons and Explosives)
  • Intelligence build (Hacking/Smart Weapons)[A-tier]: Pretty strong but really not amazingly broken like it was in the base game. Designed around synergy with smart weapons but it's whatever. Takes a lot of getting use to because they're trying to force you to use non-combat quickhacks during combat. Definitely feels like Int build is no longer "here, you installed a legendary cyberdeck, you win the game" but it's still pretty strong if you play it right. You can still wipe out an entire warehouse of enemies without ever stepping foot out of your car but you're not a death machine that looks at a crowd of people and they instantly die. The big issue with the build is that they purposely made it so that you don't have enough RAM to do a whole bunch of shit, so you have to "Overclock", which makes you burn HP for excess RAM costs. Meanwhile because you have a Cyberdeck implant, you can't have a Sandevistan to slow down time and get out of sticky situations. If you try to go deep into the Netrunner build, you likely can't build yourself tanky so when you do get caught out, you better have air-dashes and Kerenzikov or you're fucked. As a stealth build, it's crazy good but as a combat build, it has a lot of issues.
  • Body into Reflex build (Shotgun)[S-tier]: That was mainly shotgun and the only things I picked up in Reflex was the dashes/air dashes. Unlike the base game where the shotguns fall off, this shit is disgusting. Was able to take down MaxTac with this shit. You're pretty much zipping around and cover a lot of distance with those air dashes. Picked up a Militech "Apogee" Sandevistan (slows time by 85% for 8sec, 25sec cd, getting kills during it extends duration by 20%) and had a Kerenzikov that slowed time briefly whenever I dashed. The amount of Armor Penetration they baked into build makes it very powerful. It honestly feels like that first row of Body with those painkiller/health regen perks is stupidly OP for any build you can throw it in. The Quick Melee Attack (QMA) perks honestly don't feel that strong because even if they supposedly do a lot of damage, the delay for QMA is way too long. Felt like Doom Eternal with all the dashes+air dashes and shotgun bullshit I was doing.
  • Reflex into Body Build (AR/SMG)[A-tier]: Basically the same thing as the previous build but I took the perks from all the shotgun stuff in the left side of the Body's perk tree and put it into Assault Rifles/SMGs in the Reflex perk tree. Plays pretty similar but I'm just popping out of close-range and into mid-range. It took something that fell off hard in mid/late game (AR/SMGs) and made them capable of putting out some hurt. At this point I'm convinced grabbing the painkiller+adrenaline perks in the Body Tree and Dashes+Air Dashes perks in the Reflex tree are almost standard if you want to have a build that can have the mobility and durability to put up with tough content. The only alternative I can see is swapping out the Body stuff for perks in Technical to increase your Cyberware Capacity Limit so you can get beefier that way.
  • Technical (Tech Weapons and Explosives)[C-tier]: Built into the Technical tree and grabbed perks around Bolt, which is where you fire right before you fully charge a Tech weapon and it will be treated as fully charged with extra damage and do raw electric damage while ignoring armor. It seemed strong at first until I started fighting lots of cops and I found out it's just a peek'n'shoot build at best that gets dumpstered by enemies flooding onto you. The "bolt" shots aren't even that strong considering the charge up time and the relative damage of other builds. There isn't much on-demand damage at all and the delayed damage isn't enough to warrant it. The "projectile launcher" arm cyberware is just not worth it anyways because you give up your grenade slot for it, which makes it worse because the animation to lob a grenade is much quicker and if you have the "Pull" perk, you can easily shoot the grenade mid-air for extra damage. Overall lackluster.
  • Blade Build [S-tier]: Grabbed all the mobility and blade perks in the Reflex tree and tried going into the Technical tree instead of Body like I previously wrote for durability by having increased Cyberware Capacity Limit. Absolutely bonkers damage and pretty decently durable. Just flying around at mach 4 and chopping dudes up. Found out that Finishers are actually really good because you're immune to damage while it's happening, definitely feels like the one of a dozen things they took from the new Doom games. With the other builds, I had to kite MaxTac when I was killing them. With this build, I ran up on them and was killing them faster than any of the other builds.
  • Blunt Build [S-tier if using Gorilla Arms, otherwise it's B-tier, maybe pushing A-tier]: Basically the Blade build but with maces/clubs so you can do stuff like ground shockwave slams. Overall it felt much weaker than the Blade build, partly due to how slow it was comparatively. The quake/shockwave move is pretty good for disruption. The blunt finisher is also weaker as it only recovers 20% of your HP while the Blade finisher restores 25%. The Blunt finisher has an alternative move where you pick up the enemy and throw them. The damage by throwing them is like one melee, so it's pretty weak if you just throw them at another person but it's pretty good if you throw them at a group or throw them at an enemy behind a vehicle because it will ragdoll the car as well. It works but it just feels more gimmicky as it lacks a bunch of the good stuff that Blade has like leaping attacks or bullet deflecting. If you're using Gorilla Arms though, it's pretty much on-par with the Blade Build.
  • Throwables Build [S-tier]: I expected this to be a tough build to play or it would at least be primarily stealth focused but they are very generous with hit detection with throwables and the damage is really high. Very little perk points were spent on the damage of the build, which leaves you to dump it in Reflex for dash/air-dash mobility, Body for durability, or Technical for some more Cyberware to build it whatever way you want. Very flexible build with perks, very surprised how strong it was. The only major shitty part is that you're putting attribute points into the Cool tree to build your damage perks. Meanwhile the other S-tier builds like Shotgun/Katana/Gorilla Arms are all putting their points into Body or Reflex, so they already invested their attribute points into the tree with either mobility or durability while Cool doesn't have much for combat utility perks.

Last edited:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Apparently I heard that the new update on cyberpunk had an edgerunner reference specifically Rebecca and honestly that's all I'm here for

I love that show

God's Strongest Dragoon

Apparently I heard that the new update on cyberpunk had an edgerunner reference specifically Rebecca and honestly that's all I'm here for

I love that show
They put in references to the characters in the game in the 1.6 patch that came out after the anime (David's jacket and Rebecca's Shotgun). Then they added a bunch of references in the newest update. Each of the 3 main characters have their own perk too now.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
They put in references to the characters in the game in the 1.6 patch that came out after the anime (David's jacket and Rebecca's Shotgun). Then they added a bunch of references in the newest update. Each of the 3 main characters have their own perk too now.

It's not just that. There's also this stuff too.

You can find these stuff in-world.

Top Bottom