"WHY DID THEY CALL IT CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST WHEN ITS NOT A HOLOCAUST MOVIE!?"Dizzy Dokuro

Vidya Games Thread

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Gaming companies have started to learn from tv/film industry and have been implementing fag shit for the sole purpose of baiting complaints about it so they can dismiss all criticism as "transphobes just looking to complain". Did anyone actually expect BGS to actually meticulously implement dialogue for numerous pronouns?
At this point I'm not sure I could be convinced this was even intentional. As someone on the homeland observed, the credits are forty-four minutes long and list twenty-seven separate sub-contracted studios. The pronouns shoehorned into the character creator and nowhere else could easily have been a single diversity hire at one of these studios doing what they do best and bitching until everyone else is desperate to get them to shut up. The gender neutral voice lines would have just been BGS saving on money.

Additionally, the way all of this is handled in-game is unintentionally hilarious. It works exactly the way a lot of these freaks think it does in real life. You walk into a store, slap down the cash equivalent of five sodas, then visit le heckin' soyence machine and instantly change everything. But I'm not covering anything that hasn't already been beaten to death here.

The game itself is Oblivion in space with Fallout guns and Skyrim shouts. It's a decent game, but the way they handle NG+ renders a lot of things pointless. There's no reason to engage in shipbuilding, house decoration, or the entire outpost system because it all goes away. You don't really have the option to skip NG+ either, since you're run entirely out of ways to generate XP outside of radiant quests that will take you back to the same three dungeons over and over.

TL;DR I got ~50 hours out of it and getting more will depend entirely on competent modders fixing Bethesda's shit like they always do.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

:whatastory:
The funniest thing about this, is when this was revealed to be true I checked the Act Mams twitter page and he had gone radio silent for days. Before that he said that the reports were BS

I guess simpijg for Fallout 4 in space (but with somehow uglier models!?!?!) is working out for him

God's Strongest Dragoon

At this point I'm not sure I could be convinced this was even intentional. As someone on the homeland observed, the credits are forty-four minutes long and list twenty-seven separate sub-contracted studios. The pronouns shoehorned into the character creator and nowhere else could easily have been a single diversity hire at one of these studios doing what they do best and bitching until everyone else is desperate to get them to shut up. The gender neutral voice lines would have just been BGS saving on money.

Additionally, the way all of this is handled in-game is unintentionally hilarious. It works exactly the way a lot of these freaks think it does in real life. You walk into a store, slap down the cash equivalent of five sodas, then visit le heckin' soyence machine and instantly change everything. But I'm not covering anything that hasn't already been beaten to death here.

The game itself is Oblivion in space with Fallout guns and Skyrim shouts. It's a decent game, but the way they handle NG+ renders a lot of things pointless. There's no reason to engage in shipbuilding, house decoration, or the entire outpost system because it all goes away. You don't really have the option to skip NG+ either, since you're run entirely out of ways to generate XP outside of radiant quests that will take you back to the same three dungeons over and over.

TL;DR I got ~50 hours out of it and getting more will depend entirely on competent modders fixing Bethesda's shit like they always do.
Oh I agree, all it takes is one project manager to say fuck it and let that shit slide in after listening to some fag dev complain for 20 hours.

The credits part isn't actually a big problem. Credits including a bunch of other subcontracted studios for small things is actually pretty common but 27 studios is pretty wild considering what we got with the game. Elden Ring had a pretty similar amount of subcontracted studios but no one cared because it was managed properly.
Subcontracting work to other studios is very common because why pay your people to program unique in-game soda cans or other mundane assets when you can subcontract that work out and have your people work on implementing those assets into the game itself in level design and other shit. Basically just a way to save time so your people can work on the actual game itself.

The major issue with Starfield is that with 27 studios subcontracting for them, the game still manages to feel like it was designed by a small team that was way over their head at Bethesda. That resurrected corpse of Gamebryo they keep using is completely fucking them over but they refuse to move on because they know modders are the lifeblood of their game and let them get away with shit quality games because modders can easily do a better job since the game engine is so easy to mod with.

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Yeah, everything I've seen about the pronoun bullshit in Starfield is that it's just minimal pandering as a smokescreen. When someone came out and mentioned how bad the game is, retards fixated on the part about him complaining about pronouns and ignored all of his other reasonable complaints about the game.

Gaming companies have started to learn from tv/film industry and have been implementing fag shit for the sole purpose of baiting complaints about it so they can dismiss all criticism as "transphobes just looking to complain". Did anyone actually expect BGS to actually meticulously implement dialogue for numerous pronouns?
:Vesper-UNHINGED:
Az's rant was using the pronoun picker as just the microcosm of the entire problem. Mostly he was pretty bored with the game, the story was Paint by California and he was stuck in a dialogue loop with the Special Diversity character (a swapped race & sex clone version of some important character in the game's lore) that was annoying, boring and really, really dumb.

Though apparently Nexus mods have done this before to mods for other games that solve Current Day stuff and from several years ago.

Also, kind of hilariously, they were willing to put Current Year stuff in the game, but there's 0 mentions of any space religions. I always appreciate the Dunes series for trying to tackle that and ending up with Space Jihads and Holy Wars against Computers. :Vesper-UNHINGED:

Oh I agree, all it takes is one project manager to say fuck it and let that shit slide in after listening to some fag dev complain for 20 hours.

The credits part isn't actually a big problem. Credits including a bunch of other subcontracted studios for small things is actually pretty common but 27 studios is pretty wild considering what we got with the game. Elden Ring had a pretty similar amount of subcontracted studios but no one cared because it was managed properly.
Subcontracting work to other studios is very common because why pay your people to program unique in-game soda cans or other mundane assets when you can subcontract that work out and have your people work on implementing those assets into the game itself in level design and other shit. Basically just a way to save time so your people can work on the actual game itself.

The major issue with Starfield is that with 27 studios subcontracting for them, the game still manages to feel like it was designed by a small team that was way over their head at Bethesda. That resurrected corpse of Gamebryo they keep using is completely fucking them over but they refuse to move on because they know modders are the lifeblood of their game and let them get away with shit quality games because modders can easily do a better job since the game engine is so easy to mod with.

I actually think the trend of subcontracting a lot of work is very good for game studios. The biggest problem so many of the recent AAA fair has run into is that art departments have gotten so big they dominant companies. Which means they dominant the work culture. These are not people that should generally be allowed to effect your culture. Let some Art House deal with the wannabe hippies. You need your actual developers working on mechanics and scripting, with your art design team setting out what is needed from the contractors. This has actually been the iD model since the early 2000s, as it's let them keep their actual staff really low and survive really well while not actually releasing any games.

Though one note for the number of studios with an Xbox game is simply from QA and Multiple Language, along with whatever Ports they're doing of the game. Since no one handles multiple releases in-house anymore.

As for the engine, it's solvable. They just don't want to pay the probably 2 mil a year in salaries to bring in the talent to thoroughly assess the engine and what they can completely remake to keep some back compatibility. Top Talent isn't cheap and for as much as things have big budgets, they never spend it properly on the talent that really matters. Which is what every IT department in history has had to deal with, so of course it happens in Computer Games as well.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Though apparently Nexus mods have done this before to mods for other games that solve Current Day stuff and from several years ago.
Yes, the last big time they pulled this shit was when the Sony Spider-Man game got released on PC. Someone made a mod to remove all the pride flags around NYC and people lost their fucking minds, so Nexus banned it. The best part was that they didn't erase those pride flags out of the game, they just activated code for swapping to a regional version where those flags are removed, which was the Middle Eastern version. To top it off, some fag took the code of the ME regional version to auto-swap specific flags out and made a mod to replace all American flags in the game with a pride flag. Of course Nexus was cool with that one.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Yes, the last big time they pulled this shit was when the Sony Spider-Man game got released on PC. Someone made a mod to remove all the pride flags around NYC and people lost their fucking minds, so Nexus banned it. The best part was that they didn't erase those pride flags out of the game, they just activated code for swapping to a regional version where those flags are removed, which was the Middle Eastern version. To top it off, some fag took the code of the ME regional version to auto-swap specific flags out and made a mod to replace all American flags in the game with a pride flag. Of course Nexus was cool with that one.
Don't forget the Fire Emblem Engage mod. That one was just last year.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Don't forget the Fire Emblem Engage mod. That one was just last year.
I don't recall that one, was that part of the whole "don't do your own localization, trust our troons in the gaming industry that are intentionally changing the translation to fit their views"?

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
You fucking bigots will play the games with the gay flags and pronouns like Sony and Todd intended in their games and like it. But feel free to browse the thousands of other mods that change the visions that Sony and Todd intended in their games.

And also, be sure to check our "About" section to learn how much we love diversity and inclusion:

Diversity and Inclusion​

We celebrate diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work.

• Supporting an incredible community of tens of millions of users, we thrive on engaging as many views as possible to improve our platform. We see no reason why our culture should be any different.
  • We undertake Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging training to be more aware of diverse views and of our own biases to make sure we don't leave anyone feeling unheard or left behind.
So come and work for Nexus Mods, and bring that unique voice that will help us shape the biggest mod sharing platform in the world for the better.
:deztheroom:

God's Strongest Dragoon

You fucking bigots will play the games with the gay flags and pronouns like Sony and Todd intended in their games and like it. But feel free to browse the thousands of other mods that change the visions that Sony and Todd intended in their games.
I just checked out the Fire Emblem and now apparently Tears of the Kingdom with fags in the localization industry.

Yes, "devs in the west". I fucking hate institutionalized faggotry so god damn much.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Wow, that statement is even gayer than them crying over the multicultural mod to add the Middle Eastern localization that happened to replace gay flags in the Spider-Man game, then banning the mod.

Hey Tom:
:tenmakys:

in Skyrim, of course. Here's a mod for it on Nexus:
Please cast the Commit Not Alive spell (in Skyrim)

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I just checked out the Fire Emblem and now apparently Tears of the Kingdom with fags in the localization industry.

Yes, "devs in the west". I fucking hate institutionalized faggotry so god damn much.
The whole localization shitfest is genuinely only going to get worse from here on out, so might as well learn Japanese.

God's Strongest Dragoon

The whole localization shitfest is genuinely only going to get worse from here on out, so might as well learn Japanese.
Troons have figured out that they can't get Japan to bend to their will so they're changing Japan's content at the port of entry into the west while the Japanese don't really care because they assume America is full of fag shit (ain't wrong though).

God's Strongest Dragoon

Double posting because this is an entirely different topic but supposedly Respawn has finally gotten off their asses and fixed the Titanfall 2 servers on PC. There's also a new game mode titled "???" with the gamemode caption "Your rockets will blot out the sun". Apparently it's modified EPGs, 75 score limit, and low gravity.
[a]

Reminder though, you might have to apply a fix if you're using a newer Intel CPU

A new document leaked from the FTC vs Microsoft trial, showing an old schedule for Bethesda (the publisher). Much of it is kind of outdated like Starfield was set to release two years ago, which was likely delayed because of Covid and other shit.

So who knows if that Dishonored 3 game will ever be released with the state of Arkane Studios with all their senior/important team members leaving before Redfall. Also a remaster of Oblivion and Fallout 3 is basically free money. If we judge the schedule by the delays they experienced with Starfield and that ESO expansion, just add 2-3 years to the whole thing. I'd be surprised if they release TES6 within 3 years though, as they've mentioned before it's still a long ways out. Not to mention the recent shitshow with Starfield must have some effect on Xbox Game Studios leadership rethinking TES6's development decisions.
EDIT 3: Found more info from the leaks.
  • Apparently it includes details about the Switch 2, which pretty much confirms its "power" will be basically "last gen" (PS4) levels.
  • An email from 2020 also showed Phil Spencer talking about plans for acquiring Warner Brothers Interactive (their gaming division) and Nintendo in addition to Zenimax.
  • Xbox controller with haptic feedback like the PS5 controller on the way
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 Remaster
  • Xbox Series X Refresh - basically an improved Series X like the Playstation 4 Pro was, priced at $499

Last edited:

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Since we apparently have a vidya thread: Over the past 71 attempts to S-Rank this piece of shit mission, hearing anime girls on the Internet making retarded squeals have led me to the following conclusion: Armored Core 6 is just an ok game.

Context: Finished S-Ranks for every mission. S-Rank for Ice Worm made me conclude that the people behind it are all groomer tranny niggo communists who should be sent to the Arms Fort Penis Explosion Kojima Chamber.

Better than 5/VD. Not nearly as good as 4/4A, and somewhat worse than the AC3-era games. Stagger/ACS Overload is not that fun, and combining that with combat being either close-range high-Impact firearms (<100 meters) or missile boats (the only viable ranged option beyond 130 meters) just kinda soured me on things. Clearing through NG++ pre-nerfs to bosses reinforced how ass the limited parts selection and restrictions on slots/subpar 90% of the weaponry is. Really taken aback by how limited the non-bipedal leg parts are given much greater diversity in base games previously. Lightweight generators are utter fucking trash.

TL;DR:
D2ABBF49-67E3-4C9C-93BF-6DBE820F7D8E.png

Maybe future updates will make it better, but I can't see it rectifying very baked-in gameplay flaws.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I get all my gaming news from vtubers

More companies should burn to the ground regularly for making such a greedy and idiotic decision like Unity did.
:Zaion-HAHAFAYAH:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

More companies should burn to the ground regularly for making such a greedy and idiotic decision like Unity did.
:Zaion-HAHAFAYAH:
I don't have a huge problem with proper monetization of a product, as you need a fairly large profit margin to keep a software product at the forefront of development. But there's ways to change your payment model, then there's whatever Unity is attempting to do. This was a machinegun to the foot.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Since we apparently have a vidya thread: Over the past 71 attempts to S-Rank this piece of shit mission, hearing anime girls on the Internet making retarded squeals have led me to the following conclusion: Armored Core 6 is just an ok game.

Context: Finished S-Ranks for every mission. S-Rank for Ice Worm made me conclude that the people behind it are all groomer tranny niggo communists who should be sent to the Arms Fort Penis Explosion Kojima Chamber.

Better than 5/VD. Not nearly as good as 4/4A, and somewhat worse than the AC3-era games. Stagger/ACS Overload is not that fun, and combining that with combat being either close-range high-Impact firearms (<100 meters) or missile boats (the only viable ranged option beyond 130 meters) just kinda soured me on things. Clearing through NG++ pre-nerfs to bosses reinforced how ass the limited parts selection and restrictions on slots/subpar 90% of the weaponry is. Really taken aback by how limited the non-bipedal leg parts are given much greater diversity in base games previously. Lightweight generators are utter fucking trash.

TL;DR:
View attachment 45835

Maybe future updates will make it better, but I can't see it rectifying very baked-in gameplay flaws.
The thing that fucks me up the most is just how important the stagger system is, and just how absurd the health bloat gets towards the end of the game. You either run a chimp build with a melee weapon, preferably Pile Bunker, and every other slot is focused on stagger, at which point you dash in close, dump everything to stun, do a charged Pile Bunker and do a solid quarter of a boss' health bar. Or you choose to go double gun, and you'll be there for a week plinking away at the boss. I also like how any enemy AC or boss input reads with no remorse so any single shot high damage weapon is fucking worthless until you stagger them, because they'll just ultra instinct their way out of it, even if you're up close.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
A new document leaked from the FTC vs Microsoft trial, showing an old schedule for Bethesda (the publisher). Much of it is kind of outdated like Starfield was set to release two years ago, which was likely delayed because of Covid and other shit.

So who knows if that Dishonored 3 game will ever be released with the state of Arkane Studios with all their senior/important team members leaving before Redfall. Also a remaster of Oblivion and Fallout 3 is basically free money. If we judge the schedule by the delays they experienced with Starfield and that ESO expansion, just add 2-3 years to the whole thing. I'd be surprised if they release TES6 within 3 years though, as they've mentioned before it's still a long ways out. Not to mention the recent shitshow with Starfield must have some effect on Xbox Game Studios leadership rethinking TES6's development decisions.
EDIT 3: Found more info from the leaks.
  • Apparently it includes details about the Switch 2, which pretty much confirms its "power" will be basically "last gen" (PS4) levels.
  • An email from 2020 also showed Phil Spencer talking about plans for acquiring Warner Brothers Interactive (their gaming division) and Nintendo in addition to Zenimax.
  • Xbox controller with haptic feedback like the PS5 controller on the way
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 Remaster
  • Xbox Series X Refresh - basically an improved Series X like the Playstation 4 Pro was, priced at $499
The Xbox FTC Megaleak Catastrophe Megathread on KF has archived a lot of the stuff, for anyone curious.
1695154869753.png

God's Strongest Dragoon

The thing that fucks me up the most is just how important the stagger system is, and just how absurd the health bloat gets towards the end of the game. You either run a chimp build with a melee weapon, preferably Pile Bunker, and every other slot is focused on stagger, at which point you dash in close, dump everything to stun, do a charged Pile Bunker and do a solid quarter of a boss' health bar. Or you choose to go double gun, and you'll be there for a week plinking away at the boss. I also like how any enemy AC or boss input reads with no remorse so any single shot high damage weapon is fucking worthless until you stagger them, because they'll just ultra instinct their way out of it, even if you're up close.
It still makes me laugh that one of the main reasons why that Rock spell in Elden Ring was so OP was because enemies would read your input when you cast it and dodge, only to get hit by it anyways because there was delay. Like there's other good things about the spell like stagger damage but damn, that spell makes it readily apparent how much bosses read your inputs.

Top Bottom