"What's the point of therapy if I can't even use it as stream material"Dizzy Dokuro

Vidya Games Thread

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Bethesda you know the proper time to remaster Oblivion and Fallout 3 was

2013 during the height of Skyrims popularity. Like ya know, hold off on just re-releasing Skyrim at least on one of the re-releases. Because look customer plays Skyrim, gets hooked, new console comes out. What's this Oblivion? A remaster of a game I haven't played??

No apparently just re-release Skyrim. And people wonder why Bethesda are in the state they are in

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Bethesda you know the proper time to remaster Oblivion and Fallout 3 was

2013 during the height of Skyrims popularity. Like ya know, hold off on just re-releasing Skyrim at least on one of the re-releases. Because look customer plays Skyrim, gets hooked, new console comes out. What's this Oblivion? A remaster of a game I haven't played??

No apparently just re-release Skyrim. And people wonder why Bethesda are in the state they are in
Oblivion hardly even makes sense imo, it's in a perfectly fine position as is without the hype behind it like you said. Accessible to anyone who wants it and entirely functional on PC.
Now Morrowind on the other hand? Give that game a graphical update, get it on modern systems for modern players, and paper over some of the more archaic design that makes zoomers bounce off it? There's a headline product. Bundle it together with Oblivion if they have to, I just really want to see it.
A remastered Fallout is kind of in the same place for me. I'd be more interested in a stable New Vegas than replaying 3 but bundling them together could be a good product to salvage some of the IP's abused reputation and rebuild goodwill before they start work on 5.

In other news: Payday 3 has released early for those who pre-ordered. I've got it downloading now. Going in mostly blind since this is one I've been looking forward to, but I have seem some claims it's kind of unstable that has me worried.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Oblivion hardly even makes sense imo, it's in a perfectly fine position as is without the hype behind it like you said. Accessible to anyone who wants it and entirely functional on PC.
Now Morrowind on the other hand? Give that game a graphical update, get it on modern systems for modern players, and paper over some of the more archaic design that makes zoomers bounce off it? There's a headline product. Bundle it together with Oblivion if they have to, I just really want to see it.
A remastered Fallout is kind of in the same place for me. I'd be more interested in a stable New Vegas than replaying 3 but bundling them together could be a good product to salvage some of the IP's abused reputation and rebuild goodwill before they start work on 5.

In other news: Payday 3 has released early for those who pre-ordered. I've got it downloading now. Going in mostly blind since this is one I've been looking forward to, but I have seem some claims it's kind of unstable that has me worried.
I Hope they just get the openMW tards to work on a theoerical remaster without sneeding the team itself

IdenticalPlateaus

paper over some of the more archaic design that makes zoomers bounce off it?
You mean the entire game? A fresh coat of paint isn't going to get zoomers meshing with it, they would have to be changed so much it wouldn't really be Morrowind anymore.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Some interesting points while reading through the Microsoft leak that was posted on the farms and on 4chan
  • Phil was upset that they had no real major launch for like 16 months back in 2022 but they were hoping it would at least end on a good note with Redfall (LOL). No wonder he broke decorum and trash talked that game so fiercely after it launched
  • Microsoft hardly even considered Baldur's Gate 3 for Game Pass in May and described it as a "Second-run Stadia PC RPG". Their cost estimation for getting it on Game Pass day one was ~$5 million, which was far below their cost estimation for all the other major releases this year. Even though DOS2 wasn't a huge hit, it still did very well for its size and it only makes sense that BG3 would have done even better. Not to mention the original Baldur's Gate games have always held this sort of mythical status, which would have only helped BG3's growth. D&D's popularity in general has exploded in the past decade, mainly thanks Stranger Things getting normies interested
  • This leak really seems to drive home the idea that they really don't manage their new studios they acquire for shit, they just let them run wild and hope they print money for them. It's pretty funny when you consider the Arkane devs were saying that they were forced to make Redfall by Zenimax as "acquisition bait" and they hoped Microsoft would come in, see how shit it was, and free them from that torture.
  • It sounds like that release schedule I posted earlier was thrown together by some Microsoft fucktards and not the studios themselves. So massive fucking LOL at them thinking Bethesda was going to pump out TES6 right after Starfield, they have no fucking clue
  • Supposedly there was a leak that the team behind the Oblivion remake isn't Bethesda but some 3rd party dev. Part of me knows if Bethesda remakes it themselves, they'll fuck it up spectacularly but I'm thinking we might have another GTA Definition Edition situation on the way
So they basically did exactly what companies like THQ did, where they bought a bunch of studios, hoped they pump out bangers, and was surprised when nothing came of it. They are very lucky Game Pass was as successful as it was or their whole gaming division would be in the dumpster. It's just a bunch of C-class suits at Microsoft that have no fucking clue about gaming at all. It's like Microsoft and Sony are in a war to out-retard each other while Nintendo just sits in their corner going "bing bang wahoo" and prints money.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
You mean the entire game? A fresh coat of paint isn't going to get zoomers meshing with it, they would have to be changed so much it wouldn't really be Morrowind anymore.
Nah. Just replace the hit chance based combat with a more modern melee system and you're 90% of the way there already. If Oblivion shipping as-is with graphics update would be acceptable, they can more than handle Morrowind with that change.

IdenticalPlateaus

Nah. Just replace the hit chance based combat with a more modern melee system and you're 90% of the way there already. If Oblivion shipping as-is with graphics update would be acceptable, they can more than handle Morrowind with that change.
Yeah I guess it would probably sell, just don't see them putting resources into something like that eh? If they ever get a second game pipeline running that is probably going to be a Fallout game. Guess maybe Skywind will come out one day but with those big mods it's always a case of 🌈🌈🌈. I wish more large modding projects operated like Tamriel Rebuilt where they release in sections around the size of an expansion pack. So many of those big scope mods seem to fold with nothing to show for it.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
All I want out of Bethesda at this point is a second map/map expansion for Fallout 76 instead of all of the content it gets being events and instanced "dungeon" spaces. I can't be bothered giving a fuck about a Fallout 3 remake in the vein of Fallout 4, because that's pretty much equalizing the highs and lows of two shit games to acquire a median level of shit.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Microsoft needs a real hands-on type of person in charge of xbox. The brand isn't dead but it certainly isn't talked about in the same breath along nintendo, valve or epic. Someone who can tell ahead of time the potential of BG3, or just wrestle some ownership into the inoperable halo franchise. The truth is they effectively have nobody who knows jack shit about videogames so they have coasted on this braindead "quest for higher hardware specs" that thus far has rendered no tangible results, as it seems Satya Streetshitter wants everything to coalesce server-side on the cloud.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
RGG dropped a new trailer for Yakuza 8 and it was revealed that Kiryu has cancer :painpeko::fishmandispair:

Timestamp: 6:09

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Microsoft needs a real hands-on type of person in charge of xbox. The brand isn't dead but it certainly isn't talked about in the same breath along nintendo, valve or epic. Someone who can tell ahead of time the potential of BG3, or just wrestle some ownership into the inoperable halo franchise. The truth is they effectively have nobody who knows jack shit about videogames so they have coasted on this braindead "quest for higher hardware specs" that thus far has rendered no tangible results, as it seems Satya Streetshitter wants everything to coalesce server-side on the cloud.

Phil needs an underling that's the designated Game Master and has a staff to actually keep the studios to some account. At the scale that they are at, now, the decisions on games have to be a lot lower and made there. However, they need some sanity checks. Sony has gone full micro-manager on it, which is also bad, but someone always has to be directly responsible for internal communications working well.

Though the funny bit was them discussing acquiring Nintendo. As much as Nintendo is a publicly traded company, MS shouldn't even consider it. The response from the entirety of the Japanese Establishment would be never worth the attempt.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
1695211145769.png

Team Forrest 2 would be a good game.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Gaming companies have started to learn from tv/film industry and have been implementing fag shit for the sole purpose of baiting complaints about it so they can dismiss all criticism as "transphobes just looking to complain".
This shit predates even current year when it comes to games. I remember EA/Bioware was trying to pass off criticism of the shitpile known as Dragon Age 2 as dreaded homophobia.

And that was in 2011.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
This shit predates even current year when it comes to games. I remember EA/Bioware was trying to pass off criticism of the shitpile known as Dragon Age 2 as dreaded homophobia.

And that was in 2011.
Old David Gayder "We don't make games for people like you anymore"

Meanwhile conversely, find any Asian people outside of Jade Empire (no Gayder involved there) or a Black person who wasn't a stereotype in a Bioware game(for those that don't know, Jacob, the Yamanba protagonist of Mass Effect Galaxy and squad member of 2 can be romanced but if he survives no matter what he knocks up some chick in between 2 and 3).

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Tokyo Game Show is starting in the next few hours. Expect some major announcements from some major Japanese studios. In particular, people are expecting a major Monster Hunter announcements at Capcom's presentation in a half days time. And if so, if it will launch multi-platform, or be a PS5 exclusive.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
expecting a major Monster Hunter announcements
if only you knew how bad things really are2.jpg
My heart can't take any more, please stop.

Anyways, hoping for a bunch of Dragon's Dogma 2 stuff, anything about Resident Evil that isn't a remake or first person game, more info about Wuthering Waves because I'm a gachaYamanba, whatever ProjectMoon has up their sleeve. I don't think Square is gonna have anything FFXIV-related until the next fanfest, but I'm hoping against hope.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
It's the 20th anniversary this upcoming March, so the perfect time for a massive blockbuster anthology release. Here's hoping. :BijouBijou:
Yeah, I can't wait for all of my favorite games to be remastered in the style of World/Rise.
:gunpeko:

God's Strongest Dragoon

And that was in 2011.
It went from being some fag devs hiding behind their faggotry as a defense to their incompetence to it being a common enough practice that C-class executives already have the defense prepared. Blizzard was getting meme'd on for Diablo 4 so they waddled out two troon devs working in shit like the art department to play the game on stream. Even Asmon of all people immediately figured out that Blizzard was hate-baiting so they could send those mean comments to their journalist buddies and have all criticism of Diablo 4 dismissed as "toxic transphobe gamers that hate women". I've come to expect troons shit everywhere in the industry but it's almost like a recurring joke of "is this troons shit in here because shitty troon devs put it in or they're trying to hate-bait?".

I had the exact feeling during that recent shitty State of Play by Sony and the only person they brought on screen was a troon. There was no reason for them to be there and it felt super out of place, like it wasn't even pandering. It just felt like they knew they had a shitty State of Play so they rolled out the troon so they can point to it and say "HA, that's why you're shitting on our State of Play!"

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Top Bottom