"You give sex to me, and then I gift sex to you, like actual sex NO NO not actual sex! Nonono NO! Sex money! Sex money! Not sex, n... no NO NO!"Komachi Panko

Vidya Games Thread

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
The thing with even the most AIDS zoners in Street Fighter (Until fucking JP came out) is that you could always do something to their projectiles. Like hit their fireball with your own, EX fireball through it, parry, eat it with the focus attack, teleport, green hand, armor etc., etc.. Dhalsim especially, since you can just slap the shit out of his hands and it rewards you for being ready to call out his bullshit.

Old Guilty Gear had a retard good airdash so you could just get in on people, and most characters were just designed around aggression. Granblue just lets you lean out of the way of projectiles. Tekken doesn't really have any dedicated zoners unless you're one of the degenerates that tries to zone with Geese, but 3D means you can just step out of the way of the projectile.

Netherrealm zoners usually have borderline hitscan guns, extremely fast fireballs with a fuckload of knockback, some kind of lingering trap that you can't break or completely disjointed projectiles that you can't really do anything to. So you're left with block, some kind of advancing move with super armor or teleport, if you don't have either of the latter, it's just a 10/0 matchup and you might as well put the controller down.
or turn into a gay black furry but that's not an option that appeals to many.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I've been invested in Resident Evil over the last month and so I want to know which game from the series will make me want to go down a sewer slide.
I've seen one called Umbrella Corps which looks like it's just CoD but in third person and you're playing as generic soldier #2467 (Though that's a good thing).
what2.png

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
I've been invested in Resident Evil over the last month and so I want to know which game from the series will make me want to go down a sewer slide.
I've seen one called Umbrella Corps which looks like it's just CoD but in third person and you're playing as generic soldier #2467 (Though that's a good thing).
View attachment 45247
A lot of people say Umbrella Corp sucked but they did have some fans that went to bat for it. 5 is iffy because it takes 2 people to become an actually fun game. Most people would say 6 is where the quality nosedives.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
View attachment 45247
somehow missed this. all the games till 5 are great for their own reasons. 5 really does need two players. 6 a is bad full on bad bad story bad writing bad characters 6 is also overly long and miserable. 8 onward are great a little quality dip here and there but mostly enjoyable.

if i HAD to recommend some over others. Three Four Seven are the ones hard to pass up.

Edit: the spinoffs are hit and miss use caution.

Edit Edit: mixed up the numbers in my head thoughts six was seven.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
A lot of people say Umbrella Corp sucked but they did have some fans that went to bat for it.
I mean there's always going to be a group that likes something that is disliked by the majority. Now that I think about it, I tend to be in the minority... Well now I'm scared I'm going to like it.
I think I'll hold off this time.
5 is iffy because it takes 2 people to become an actually fun game. Most people would say 6 is where the quality nosedives.
I should say I have played 4, 5, 7, and all the new remakes, and yeah 5 is a little meh alone but it's still alright. 7 was okay, I wasn't amazed but it wasn't boring for me. I do remember some talks about 6, and I think @BlueSharkTV and @Punished Anime Discusser said it was just barely okay?
somehow missed this. all the games till 5 are great for their own reasons. 5 really does need two players. 6 a is bad full on bad bad story bad writing bad characters 6 is also overly long and miserable. 8 onward are great a little quality dip here and there but mostly enjoyable.

if i HAD to recommend some over others. Three Four Seven are the ones hard to pass up.

Edit: the spinoffs are hit and miss use caution.

Edit Edit: mixed up the numbers in my head thoughts six was seven.
I was going to say "was seven really that bad? I dunno..." but yeah everyone said 6 was pretty shit in terms of story and whatnot. I don't really mind that too much for RE games, but yeh. As for the spinoffs I was told to get Revelations 1 and 2 but I'm still debating on it at the moment.

edit: honestly I have heard so many different opinions on 6 I might actually need to play it to even begin to understand.

Last edited:

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
I don't think 6 was outright completely terrible, but I do think letting the player choose what order to play each character story in made it feel like more of a mess. If they are each played in a specific order or even jumped back and forth between them, it would make for a much more cohesive story.

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I mean there's always going to be a group that likes something that is disliked by the majority. Now that I think about it, I tend to be in the minority... Well now I'm scared I'm going to like it.
I think I'll hold off this time.

I should say I have played 4, 5, 7, and all the new remakes, and yeah 5 is a little meh alone but it's still alright. 7 was okay, I wasn't amazed but it wasn't boring for me. I do remember some talks about 6, and I think @BlueSharkTV and @Punished Anime Discusser said it was just barely okay?

I was going to say "was seven really that bad? I dunno..." but yeah everyone said 6 was pretty shit in terms of story and whatnot. I don't really mind that too much for RE games, but yeh. As for the spinoffs I was told to get Revelations 1 and 2 but I'm still debating on it at the moment.

edit: honestly I have heard so many different opinions on 6 I might actually need to play it to even begin to understand.
yeah its one of those messes that you have to play to understand and if your planning on playing all the games your going in as equipped as possible.
I don't think 6 was outright completely terrible, but I do think letting the player choose what order to play each character story in made it feel like more of a mess. If they are each played in a specific order or even jumped back and forth between them, it would make for a much more cohesive story.
playing them out of order makes it's story seem better because then it not making sense makes sense if you play it in order then how dumb its being is more apparent.

that being said there are SOME (few) good bits and fun to be had somewhere in there. pretty sure 6 is Chris at his most "Chris" if you know you know.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
yeah its one of those messes that you have to play to understand and if your planning on playing all the games your going in as equipped as possible.
I think this time I'll hold off on 6, as I either made a mistake or a grave mistake of buying Revelations 2.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

It definitely felt like the "Scraping the bottom of the barrel" phase we see before annoucing the next console. I expect we'll get the Switch 2 announcement sometime here in the Winter based on the hardware leaks and the report out of Gamescom so as to minimize the impact on Holiday sales this year. At which point the flood gates should hopefully open.

And despite all of that, the Direct will be better than the State of Play because I have YET to see Sony release one that's actually good or better received than a Nintendo Direct. They always seem to make them completely middling.

They'll wait until after Christmas then do the March launch window. March is Graduation season in Japan and April is New School Year. The might go full asshole and announce it the day after Christmas, if they really wanted to maximize the Japanese market.

I know this unity shit isn't going anywhere, and laughing at games we hate is fun, but if it WAS true then literally every unity made game in existence would be targeted for developer bankruptcy, sure that would take out devs you hate, but it would also take out anyone you like. I can see autists online trying to ruin everyone's fun (like always) by going after ANY and all games made in unity if this is realized, therefore I'm more worried than amused here.

Oh, it'd be a catastrophic disaster of epic (not Epic, haha) proportions. It's a really dumb move by a company that probably should have taken the 17 billion USD buyout offer from LAST YEAR.

This direct was kind of like the old directs for the 3DS towards the end of its life where it was weird ports (eg: Luigi's Mansion, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and the ports of M&L games that drove their studio into bankruptcy) and a few cool games. It wasn't bad but you can tell the sun is setting for the Switch soon. I left happy with Side Order info and the TTYD remake. Really kind of funny (yet sad) that Metroid Prime 4 which was originally advertised in year 1 of the Switch's life is looking more like a launch title for the successor (that implies it leaves vaporware status though).

Frankly, Prime 4 as the launch lead makes sense. Mario is going to be a bridge launch product and Zelda is out already and we won't see a new one until probably 2027. Metroid would make sense. Or Nintendo drops a new IP, which would be interesting.

I think this time I'll hold off on 6, as I either made a mistake or a grave mistake of buying Revelations 2.

My understanding of 6 is that it's a "bad game" in and of the fact it's nothing really like Resident Evil and more like an in-era Action movie and utterly insane half the time. That's at least the review impressions I've gotten.

Skimmed through the Sony stream. They're still going to try to make Foamstars a thing. Lol. Maybe it'll find an audience, but really doubt it. Spiderman 2 soon and FF7 part 2 in February. Which probably means Part 3 will be a PS6 launch title. heh

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

My favorite recent revelation about the Unity shitshow is that in the case of Gamepass, they mention that Microsoft will have to foot the bill for any games on Gamepass that use Unity. Yeah, I'm 100% sure Microsoft's legion of lawyers is already deliberating on how to fuck Unity's life up legally. Everyone in this industry seems to be obsessed with thinking that Tencent is this big unstoppable force but they always forget that Microsoft has more than 50% the equity of those chinks. This past year has shown that while Microsoft's game devs may be incompetent, Microsoft's lawyers sure as fuck aren't and they will destroy you.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
My understanding of 6 is that it's a "bad game" in and of the fact it's nothing really like Resident Evil and more like an in-era Action movie and utterly insane half the time. That's at least the review impressions I've gotten.
RE6 is a character action game set in the RE universe, complete with one of the absolute best movement and cover systems I've seen in a game, that was never used again because RE6 le bad. It might not be the serious, hard hitting, dark plot and atmosphere that Resident Evil is known for
:smugselen:
but it's a very fun game. And if you actually want to PLAY a videogame you're better off with it than RE7.

God's Strongest Dragoon

And despite all of that, the Direct will be better than the State of Play because I have YET to see Sony release one that's actually good or better received than a Nintendo Direct. They always seem to make them completely middling.
Haven't watched the Direct yet but holy fuck, that State of Play was just embarrassing. I'm astonished they're still bothering to promote that Splatoon ripoff that's DOA. PS5 has been out for 3 years now and the only exclusive they have that's not coming to PC soon is Spider-Man 2 on the horizon. I hope Sony ponys are eager for TLOU Part 2: Director's Cut to be announced next Spring.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

RE6 is a character action game set in the RE universe, complete with one of the absolute best movement and cover systems I've seen in a game, that was never used again because RE6 le bad. It might not be the serious, hard hitting, dark plot and atmosphere that Resident Evil is known for
:smugselen:
but it's a very fun game. And if you actually want to PLAY a videogame you're better off with it than RE7.
My impression is that the biggest problem with the game started with the name "Resident Evil 6". It actually looks, mostly, like an okay game, but the long hype cycles for games means you have to deliver roughly what you've prepped the audience for. See: No Man's Sky's disastrous launch window.

Haven't watched the Direct yet but holy fuck, that State of Play was just embarrassing. I'm astonished they're still bothering to promote that Splatoon ripoff that's DOA. PS5 has been out for 3 years now and the only exclusive they have that's not coming to PC soon is Spider-Man 2 on the horizon. I hope Sony ponys are eager for TLOU Part 2: Director's Cut to be announced next Spring.

One thing I've heard about the "Sony Game" stuff is that they have a high-level internal approval system. Even some games 2 years into pre-production that have already started mo-cap with known actors can get canned. They've really limited their production time lines to 1 or 2 first party games per year. Partially because of the price and partially because they want those 10 out of 10 first party games. No Man's Sky actually might have a lot more to do with that. Sony only Published it, but they did provide funding and it popped off big at their E3 Press Conference. Or it's just the current exec structure can't afford duds, as PlayStation normally has to prop up other parts of the entirety of Sony.

Though the funny part with Sony is that I've talked about for a number of years that Phil looked at the landscape after taking over as the head of Xbox and realized they were never winning a console war. Xbox has been full "we're a platform for gaming" ever since. One of the Unity devs said there's 25 million GamePass subs. That's ~200 million USD in revenue per month. ~2.5 Billion USD a year in Revenue on GamePass. And that's before direct sales from playing on GamePass. As a result of Xbox's actions, Sony has really obliterated the cheap 3rd party exclusive market on their platform. They don't support it, so it doesn't exist. It's either Big Budget Games or you're playing CoD there. It's wild to watch the changes, really.

Last edited:

Kalion

:)

This tweet is how I learned Square-Enix shadowdropped a demo for Star Ocean: The Second Story remake.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Frankly, Prime 4 as the launch lead makes sense. Mario is going to be a bridge launch product and Zelda is out already and we won't see a new one until probably 2027. Metroid would make sense. Or Nintendo drops a new IP, which would be interesting.
The rumors from Gamescom have a lot of people talking about them, but the most interesting video came from this guy who is a known leaker/insider.

The big points summarized -
  • Botw demo ran at 4k 60fps - instant loading times compared to the 30 seconds loading times on Switch 1
  • The DLSS being used was supposedly DLSS 3.5 but it may not have all the features the pc version does
  • The Matrix demo looked the exact same as it does on next gen consoles with supposedly better ray tracing however keep it mind it most likely wasn’t running on native hardware but on a pc/ dev kit with similar specs
  • March 2024 was a date being discussed at gamescom but Nate is unsure if it is a reveal date or a release date
  • Still no clarity on backwards compatibility
If March is still the launch window, 3 months seems like a minuscule hype/build up period to a new system launch. I'd expect later spring like May/Early June otherwise.

They're still going to try to make Foamstars a thing.
Hey man, they have I'm sure their Legally Distinct Splatoon will be just fine. :SelenHAHAhere:
It really is amazing how Sony can never seem to get a home run with these State of Plays. As you mentioned, they had a small handfull of good things, but their lows were so much more meh then anything even Nintendo showed. And Nintendo overall had more good things to show off, even if few of it was new originals. Dunno what Sony's strategy has been for this console, but they really need to get their shit together.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
What the hell have I gotten myself into.
imsofucked.png

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
remember a time when people said megan fox could act. ahhhh those were simpler times.
People said that? I thought the consensus was always that she was only there for tits.

Top Bottom