"So yeah guys thank you for watching, we did amazing and, we... we were just y'know fucking some dudes out there and, we're doing great!"Axel Syrios

Vidya Games Thread

UberSoldat

Anyone got good recommendations to games similar to xcom 2? I enjoyed Alien Dark descent and kind of wanna play another squad based tactics game.

I have Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children. which is a nice Korean anime style to xcom game with freedom in combat skill customizations.

Never played a jagged alliance game before so idk if they're similar to xcom or not and which one to play.
Check out Full Spectrum Warrior and its sequel

God's Strongest Dragoon

After five days of trial, Microsoft has been given the go ahead to buy Activision Blizzard by a California judge. There's supposedly still an antitrust case by the FTC but knowing how retarded they are, it'll likely mean nothing. Meanwhile the CMA have already folded and started negotiations with Microsoft.

[a]

[a]

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
After five days of trial, Microsoft has been given the go ahead to buy Activision Blizzard by a California judge. There's supposedly still an antitrust case by the FTC but knowing how retarded they are, it'll likely mean nothing. Meanwhile the CMA have already folded and started negotiations with Microsoft.

[a]

[a]

No matter what happens, hearing the funny stuff that happened with Sony and FTC in court were the highlights. Sony really fumbled the ball on it.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Since everyone keeps posting Asmongoloid in relation to chuubas, something pretty fucking hilarious happened in WoW and he did a (not at all) quick rundown on it. Apparently some dude spent a year and some change building trust with some giga-tryhard autism raiding guild in WoW, in preparation for HC to come out. Then WoW Classic Hardcore came out they're actually playing some gay self-inflicted HC bullshit, he played with them perfectly all the way to Naxx, and then, after thousands of hours of playing with these people, he decided to kill them all. So in four horsemen he pulls a boss in the wrong corner, the other tank tries to save the party, he outskills the other tank, and chain lightning kills 36 people in one frame. 3 more die in the aftermath. 39 characters, multiple tens of thousands of hours played. Gone, like tears in rain.

The guy was also known for being a griefer, but apparently the tranny in charge of the autismo guild just let him in. Asmongold interviews this creature towards the end.

Last edited:

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
Man it's kind of sad a lot of hours and effort were lost on a hardcore playthrough, but it's always funny how they end. it's never usually to some big challenge. Instead, just someone stupidness, game being quirky, or someone doing a little trolling. I don't know if I could do a hardcore mode on a online game like that. Probably go postal if I lost a fracture of my lifetime on a hardcore playthrough that ended in a dumb way.

I think the last notable hardcore playthrough fail I heard of, was the guy who was going to be the first in hitting max level on diablo 4 hardcore right when Blizzard did a live patch and killed his character. That one had to sting.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Since everyone keeps posting Asmongoloid in relation to chuubas, something pretty fucking hilarious happened in WoW and he did a (not at all) quick rundown on it. Apparently some dude spent a year and some change building trust with some giga-tryhard autism raiding guild in WoW, in preparation for HC to come out. Then WoW Classic Hardcore came out they're actually playing some gay self-inflicted HC bullshit, he played with them perfectly all the way to Naxx, and then, after thousands of hours of playing with these people, he decided to kill them all. So in four horsemen he pulls a boss in the wrong corner, the other tank tries to save the party, he outskills the other tank, and chain lightning kills 36 people in one frame. 3 more die in the aftermath. 39 characters, multiple tens of thousands of hours played. Gone, like tears in rain.

The guy was also known for being a griefer, but apparently the tranny in charge of the autismo guild just let him in. Asmongold interviews this creature towards the end.

Oh boy, this is a great story of immense retardation and stupidity. The hardcore autismos 100% deserved this for letting this fag into their raid. Yeah, the griefer was well known and they were still super fucking retarded and let him in. His name was Tinyviolin and he was a legitimate psycho. To understand how insane this guy was, you have to understand world buffs.
To give a brief understanding to those that don't play Classic WoW, Vanilla WoW had these super powerful buffs called "World Buffs" that gave insane stat increases but you had to go all around the world to get them and they only lasted for ~1-2 hours. It would pretty much involve players spending several hours organizing to get World Buffs so that they can blast through the raids in less than 1 hour, sometimes as little as 30 minutes of raid time.

You didn't need these World Buffs to clear the raid but if you were trying to parse/rank for damage or speed clears, you 100% needed to have your raid get these World Buffs. However the major problem with these World Buffs was that most of them were classified as "magic" buffs and were thus dispellable by a priest or shaman. Even though some of them weren't "dispellable", you effectively lost it if you lost your other World Buffs because you had to spend the time to go out and get your other World Buffs back because of the 1-2 hr buff duration. So the result was that you had every degenerate, low life trash troll would park their Priest or Shaman at major locations to dispel players.
Now this is where Tinyviolin comes into play. The guy was a known piece of shit that everyone hated and was pretty much blacklisted across the server. In his infantile rage, the guy quit his job, bought a bunch of accounts, and then multi-boxed them at all hours so he could deny everyone on the server world buffs. In this video, you can see that he's controlling multiple accounts where he has a dead priest parked next to their body, so he can instantly rez and dispel anyone with world buffs that shows up.

He eventually got banned across all his accounts because he was caught on stream doing RMT, where he'd have people pay him twitch bits on stream to let them go through without getting dispelled. He 100% should have been auto-banned by Blizzard when he showed up again with another account but Blizzard are lazy cunts that don't moderate their game for shit.

As for the Four Horseman wipe itself, it is literally the one fight you can't do anything about him being a fag as he was designated the Zeliek tank. Each of the 4 Horsemen pulse out a unique, stacking damage-dealing debuff every 12 seconds, so you have to have each Horseman in a different corner. Zeliek has a unique ability (Holy Wrath) where it hits a player, does damage, and then jumps to another nearby player for double damage. It has no limit to the amount of times it can jump, so it will one-shot a stack of >3 players. The other major problem was that everyone was stacked on Thane because he has a meteor ability. A meteor ability is one which will do enough damage to 1-shot someone but it's damage is spread evenly across all the players that get hit by it. So the majority of the raid is forced to stack on Thane, which makes them prime 1-shot potential for Zeliek. The only way out of this fight was with a hearthstone (10 sec cast time that breaks on damage taken) which will get interrupted by one of the 4 Horseman's pulsing aura. This is literally the worst fight to have someone grief on because there is nothing you can do to salvage the attempt and players can't avoid it. It was not an accident because he taunted the boss back to himself when someone tried to taunt it away from the Thane stack.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

[a]

[a]

Sony could have easily forced the concession in straight discussion with MS to avoid FTC issues, rather than going around & around for a while. CoD barely matters to this deal, frankly. MS wants King, since they have very little in Mobile. The IP is a nice, secondary feature and the added revenue is why the deal is so high (they also have to buyout public company, so there's always a premium).

My only concern about the acquisition is that ABK will make MS worse. I imagine Bobby Kotick won't stick around.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
Oh boy, this is a great story of immense retardation and stupidity. The hardcore autismos 100% deserved this for letting this fag into their raid. Yeah, the griefer was
Oh my god...
That really does sound rather extreme pipkin and just dickish. Yeah, whoever agreed to have that guy in their team and trusted him is an idiot. The forcing people to give him money to just be able to do stuff in a game that isn't his is bullshit as well.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Oh my god...
That really does sound rather extreme pipkin and just dickish. Yeah, whoever agreed to have that guy in their team and trusted him is an idiot. The forcing people to give him money to just be able to do stuff in a game that isn't his is bullshit as well.
I didn't even play on the server this guy was on and everyone in my guild heard about him, his faggotry was super well known in the entire NA region. This wasn't a "lacking critical information" situation, this was them fully aware that the guy was a well documented lunatic griefer that would dedicate his life to ruin other people's fun. Most people in the Classic WoW community aren't even mad at the griefer because it's like getting mad at a rabid pitbull for biting a baby, it's in his nature. Everyone is instead clowning on the guild for letting the rabid pitbull into the kindergarten with no leash.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I didn't even play on the server this guy was on and everyone in my guild heard about him, his faggotry was super well known in the entire NA region. This wasn't a "lacking critical information" situation, this was them fully aware that the guy was a well documented lunatic griefer that would dedicate his laugh to ruin other people's fun. Most people in the Classic WoW community aren't even mad at the griefer because it's like getting mad at a rabid pitbull for biting a baby, it's in his nature. Everyone is instead clowning on the guild for letting the rabid pitbull into the kindergarten with no leash.
Everything else he did is extremely gay, and also entirely preventable by Blizzard without really changing anything major about Classic, but griefing "Hardcore" players and tryhards of all kinds is the morally correct thing to do.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

UberSoldat

So from what I'm hearing, BattleBit isn't worth buying anymore because of the cheaters? If that's the case, big shame since I was looking forward to playing it with friends.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
So from what I'm hearing, BattleBit isn't worth buying anymore because of the cheaters? If that's the case, big shame since I was looking forward to playing it with friends.

I've played it for a few more hours and got a little bit more enjoyment out if it. After they halved the amount of progression you need to do.

HOWEVER, supposedly they're still going to drop EAC as their anticheat and use some other one that is seen as malaware/ more invasive called FACEIT.

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gami...ebit_remastered_reverting_to_eac_from_faceit/

Take that how you will. If you care about more evasive anti cheat stuff on your system or not.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Anyone got good recommendations to games similar to xcom 2? I enjoyed Alien Dark descent and kind of wanna play another squad based tactics game.

I have Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children. which is a nice Korean anime style to xcom game with freedom in combat skill customizations.

Never played a jagged alliance game before so idk if they're similar to xcom or not and which one to play.

Jagged Alliance is a bit less hardcore than XCOM's difficulty, it's pretty easy to cheese when you understand the AI or how the stats/traits work. Jagged Alliance 2 has been more or less the definitive game for the series for 24 years by now, with the Patch 1.13 mod serving to grant it life beyond it's regular scope as it vastly expands the game content in all kinds of ways. The basic experience unmodded is a bit XCOM adjacent though it's not quite 1:1, JA2 actually does include some weird alien bugs you can run into if you play it with Sci-fi Mode enabled literally because of how popular XCOM was at the initial time of release, they felt like they needed to have at least something in the game as a kind of nod.

The 1.13 mod and the various tweaks for it turn it into a completely different type of experience and can really test your tactical and strategic mastery of the game. Tons of new weapons, attachments, armour and equipment, mechanics and features. Roving armour battalions, enemy spec ops, undercover hitmen infiltrating your captured towns and trying to dome your mercs ASAP. Capturing enemies by force with handcuffs, breaking their morale with suppression until they surrender, building sandbag walls to provide cover to entrenched machinegunners and mortar teams, reaction-fire sniper-spotter team set ups. Maintaining food/medicine/ammo logistics to keep your lines supplied as you push, fighting off 100+ enemy counter raids with a squad of 6 retards, maintaining the morale and support of the Arulcan populace to increase the profits you gain from holding mines and earning enough trust in strategic locations to run improved shipping operations out of the country to multiply your income so you can afford more guns and ammo.

All of this, variably tunable through pretty simple xml and tools, turning on and off what you don't want, adjusting it to suit your tastes as easy or brutal as you want. I've unironically played this game longer than some people on this site have been alive and I still come back to it at least once a year for another several week long campaign playthrough that takes at least 100 hours minimum. The long awaited Jagged Alliance 3 is coming out today, ostensibly sometime within the next 2-3 hours. The first numbered, true sequel to the Jagged Alliance franchise and the first one of these types of franchise continuing games to show enough promise that original series designer Ian Currie was convinced there was enough promise to lend his support to ensure that the game could hopefully come out in the best possible state as a proper Jagged Alliance worthy title, that the devs have gone on record to say that they don't want to fuck it up because the fans have waited long enough.

If it's not good, I'm going to fucking kill myself, and I don't have a very high bar for acceptance in this genre. All it has to do is not be 7.62 High Calibre.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
Jagged Alliance is a bit less hardcore than XCOM's difficulty, it's pretty easy to cheese when you understand the AI or how the stats/traits work. Jagged Alliance 2 has been more or less the definitive game for the series for 24 years by now, with the Patch 1.13 mod serving to grant it life beyond it's regular scope as it vastly expands the game content in all kinds of ways. The basic experience unmodded is a bit XCOM adjacent though it's not quite 1:1, JA2 actually does include some weird alien bugs you can run into if you play it with Sci-fi Mode enabled literally because of how popular XCOM was at the initial time of release, they felt like they needed to have at least something in the game as a kind of nod.

The 1.13 mod and the various tweaks for it turn it into a completely different type of experience and can really test your tactical and strategic mastery of the game. Tons of new weapons, attachments, armour and equipment, mechanics and features. Roving armour battalions, enemy spec ops, undercover hitmen infiltrating your captured towns and trying to dome your mercs ASAP. Capturing enemies by force with handcuffs, breaking their morale with suppression until they surrender, building sandbag walls to provide cover to entrenched machinegunners and mortar teams, reaction-fire sniper-spotter team set ups. Maintaining food/medicine/ammo logistics to keep your lines supplied as you push, fighting off 100+ enemy counter raids with a squad of 6 retards, maintaining the morale and support of the Arulcan populace to increase the profits you gain from holding mines and earning enough trust in strategic locations to run improved shipping operations out of the country to multiply your income so you can afford more guns and ammo.

All of this, variably tunable through pretty simple xml and tools, turning on and off what you don't want, adjusting it to suit your tastes as easy or brutal as you want. I've unironically played this game longer than some people on this site have been alive and I still come back to it at least once a year for another several week long campaign playthrough that takes at least 100 hours minimum. The long awaited Jagged Alliance 3 is coming out today, ostensibly sometime within the next 2-3 hours. The first numbered, true sequel to the Jagged Alliance franchise and the first one of these types of franchise continuing games to show enough promise that original series designer Ian Currie was convinced there was enough promise to lend his support to ensure that the game could hopefully come out in the best possible state as a proper Jagged Alliance worthy title, that the devs have gone on record to say that they don't want to fuck it up because the fans have waited long enough.

If it's not good, I'm going to fucking kill myself, and I don't have a very high bar for acceptance in this genre. All it has to do is not be 7.62 High Calibre.
Yeah I'll take a look at 2. I mean I been interested in the series but I played this one shitty one years ago that had like irl time limits for shit you did to your base.

How is 3? see it's mixed review right now, however more positive then negative right now.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
"I don't think I could play League of Legends because you will get diseases on your brain" - Sleepy 2023

"I just want to kill people, I want to hurt them.....

If they are in the game"
As someone who's in this fucking hellhole since 2015 I would definitely not recommend it

It makes you want to commit another 6 million

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
As someone who's in this fucking hellhole since 2015 I would definitely not recommend it

It makes you want to commit another 6 million
Never really understood continuing to play a game you don't like when you could do literally anything else

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Never really understood continuing to play a game you don't like when you could do literally anything else
Because it'll be better this match, he'll win, he'll have fun, and his funny fake metal color will go up.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
the problem is 2 fold.

It's still the best Moba out there I want more games in the Moba style but ever since Gigantic got the Axe we have had basically nothing. DOTA is somehow more full of assholes then league is. all the other ones died off.

Despite it's "issues" it is still fun overall even champions that break the game only stomp teams that cannot adapt. Pyke (who fucks with the curve of game time to gold income) is busted but if you never engage him hes actually dead weight.

There is also the fun of doing meme niche shit and having it work. Jhin (my main) is a typical marksman champion so i shove a bunch of mage items on him everyone was threatening to report me till my traps did over 1k damage. bonus was we could disengage clean since none of them wanted to risk stepping on the traps i drop when we ran away.

Top Bottom