"A sandwich is just a book made out of food"Ninomae Ina'nis

Vidya Games Thread

God's Strongest Dragoon

I took a brief break from Stellaris to finally get around to playing Satisfactory. My autism has been gripped by the factory and I fear for my life. I am only posting this right now because I'm busy waiting for a few cycles so I can check the efficiency of a few of my machines.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
This indie game hit my radar, and the premise sounds great. I love the "Dungeon explorer by day, shop owner by night" style games. And this one sounds unique. Scuba diver by day, sushi restaurant sim by night.
View attachment 34279
Bro what is this game lmao

Seems very goofy and fun. Like you some dude that dives for treasures, but he's also a weeb with a daki, who also runs a sushi bar, and also goes to idol concerts. I just watched the trailers and it's throwing punches at me left and right! I might grab this.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Okay I won't have high expectations as previous experience has taught me to not do that, but I am finally starting FFXVI. We'll see how it goes for me.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
I did bot the GoG sale and the Steam Sale:

On GoG I got:
Yakuza Kiwami : $4.99 ( I've already beaten Yakuza Kiwami on PS4.)
Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords: $3.49 (I saw a video of one of the NPCs and decided to give this a try).
Hands of Necromancy: $3.34
Veil of Darkness: $8.49

Steam I got:
Yakuza 4, 5, &6 for $5 each (Completing my collection.)
RESONANCE OF FATE™/END OF ETERNITY™ 4K/HD EDITION - $20.99 ( I started Resonance of Fate on my 360 (I think) years ago.)
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - $3.99
Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time - $23.99 ( Samurai Jack I wanted to see how Valhalla Studio did on a game, even if it was a licensed game.)
Eldritch - $1.49
FATAL FRAME / PROJECT ZERO: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Digital Deluxe Edition - $52.49
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION - $17.49 ( Final Fantasy was because I wanted to try a newer Final Fantasy game. )
FINAL FANTASY XV EPISODE ARDYN - $2.49

I hadn't bought any games for a while, due to having no time to play them. A lot of these were games that sat on my wishlists for a while, or that were cheap so I picked them up on a whim.

After I bought them I ignored them and started a new character in Elden Ring.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I forced myself to stop playing FF after 6 hours. I'm really enjoying it. Also holy mother of damn the OST.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I forced myself to stop playing FF after 6 hours. I'm really enjoying it. Also holy mother of damn the OST.
Masoyoshi Soken is the name of the composer. Most people don't know him as he's been almost exclusively working on Final Fantasy 14 for most of his major work. And the soundtrack to FF14 is just overwhelmingly amazing.

The guy is an absolute phenom and deserves more recognition.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Masoyoshi Soken is the name of the composer. Most people don't know him as he's been almost exclusively working on Final Fantasy 14 for most of his major work. And the soundtrack to FF14 is just overwhelmingly amazing.

He's also an absolute chad, and composed most of Shadowbringers' OST while fighting cancer.
And then did this:

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

I know his stuff well. One of the first FF tracks I've ever listened to was To The Edge and is what got me hooked on the series' music. I was anticipating the OST to be good, but not "goosebumps" level of good for me. I very rarely get that level of hype from music.
I consider myself a huge video game music fan, this one track is worthy of every bit of praise I can give it. So yes, Soken deserves every bit of praise and recognition he gets and more.

The gameplay itself is fun and the story is keeping me invested, so I'm happy to say I chose the right game to get this month.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
With all of this FFXVI talk, Clive's VA has been XIVpilled, in the worst possible way.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter

Dave the Diver is a fun game. a lot of interesting activities you do on top of just diving. Has nice humor and music too.

Also has a character in the game that might be one of you here who browses VA! :smugpipi: :SelenHAHAhere:
dds]ykjkhjh (1).pngdds]ykjkhjh (2).png

Zapan1984

Dave the Diver is a fun game. a lot of interesting activities you do on top of just diving. Has nice humor and music too.

Also has a character in the game that might be one of you here who browses VA! :smugpipi: :SelenHAHAhere:
View attachment 34993View attachment 34994

Yeah, it is really fun. I beat the Final Boss yesterday, which was a good fight, and I'm still going to play more for completion sake.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Isin't he the one who basically ripped off Powerman 5000? Not that i'm blaming the guy.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Isin't he the one who basically ripped off Powerman 5000? Not that i'm blaming the guy.

Found out from friend that's a FF14 fanatic that the guy also ripped off Danny Elfman

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

I still remember the frontman of Powerman5000 having a melty on Facebook, and Soken just replying with "I don't even know who the fuck these guys are".

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I have spent the last few days doing nothing but playing FFXVI. I still have yet to finish it.
It would appear the power of being a simp has lost to something for once, that being a good game.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
foto_no_exif.png

Time for the quarterly Twitter spergout over Persona 4, I guess.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
Anyone got good recommendations to games similar to xcom 2? I enjoyed Alien Dark descent and kind of wanna play another squad based tactics game.

I have Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children. which is a nice Korean anime style to xcom game with freedom in combat skill customizations.

Never played a jagged alliance game before so idk if they're similar to xcom or not and which one to play.

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Anyone got good recommendations to games similar to xcom 2? I enjoyed Alien Dark descent and kind of wanna play another squad based tactics game.

I have Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children. which is a nice Korean anime style to xcom game with freedom in combat skill customizations.

Never played a jagged alliance game before so idk if they're similar to xcom or not and which one to play.
If you want something that's practically an xcom clone try Hard West or Hard West II
If you just want top-down strategy you could try Desperadoes III. The Devs are planning to release a Spooky Pirate game next month with the same mechanics. It even has a demo for you to try out on steam.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

unironically Mario + Rabbids and the sequel. theres also 40K Mechanicus which was fun. Battletech is not technically an XCom like but it has similar depth and strategy especially if you use a mod like Roguetech. The Wasteland series is worth mentioning though it's more a squad manager then true XCom. Xenonauts is very much Classic XCom but with improved UI.

hope some of this helps. I stand by all my recommendations.

Top Bottom