"A crumb of sex please please sir a crumb of-of cock"Lia Rinkou

Vidya Games Thread

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
The only game I'm still excited for is Silksong.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Looks like P3R won't include the Fem MC's stuff. Wonder if they'll release it as DLC later down the line.

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
I'm honestly more excited for Atlus' new ip than any of the persona cash-ins they're making right now. Persona 3 may be my favorite but after watching the trailer it looks like the remake is just going to undercut the original somber themes that were conveyed semi-competently in FES. On the other hand if this means I can melt my brain to 800 hours of an official burn my bread remix then Atlus can continue on with my blessing.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I'm honestly more excited for Atlus' new ip than any of the persona cash-ins they're making right now. Persona 3 may be my favorite but after watching the trailer it looks like the remake is just going to undercut the original somber themes that were conveyed semi-competently in FES. On the other hand if this means I can melt my brain to 800 hours of an official burn my bread remix then Atlus can continue on with my blessing.
The new Atlus IP honestly has a bit more promise because there's a handful of Atlus veterans working on it. I hope the gameplay is good. I know a lot of my friends are excited that Meguro is doing an OST similar to SMT: Strange Journey again.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
I've been playing too much TOTK. Every time I see a stone well, I think about jumping down to see what's in it, for a second, before I remember that I'm not playing the game.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
CyYu voice actor/vtuber is voicing Akihiko in P3:Reload

Them not getting the old VA cast back for that is omega fucking gay. P3FES is one of the rare EN dubs that is really fucking good.

God's Strongest Dragoon

The Xbox Games Showcase Extended should be starting in ~1 hour.
From the stream description:
Like last year, we’re bringing you our follow-up stream, Xbox Games Showcase Extended airing June 13 at 10am PT, with in-depth interviews focused on the news from our Xbox Games Showcase as well as game updates from our partners.
It's likely going to be more dev interviews and potentially more gameplay shown. Supposedly there might be games that weren't featured in the main showcase. I'm likely just going to have it on in the background as opposed to actively watching it.

Last edited:

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
On the other hand if this means I can melt my brain to 800 hours of an official burn my bread remix then Atlus can continue on with my blessing.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Them not getting the old VA cast back for that is omega fucking gay. P3FES is one of the rare EN dubs that is really fucking good.
Im pretty sure most of the OG is unionized now and Aigis/Junpei's VAs were unpersoned a long time ago by the raging twitter fags that is now the modern Persona fanbase

Persona 5 was a mistake

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Im pretty sure most of the OG is unionized now and Aigis/Junpei's VAs were unpersoned a long time ago by the raging twitter fags that is now the modern Persona fanbase

Persona 5 was a mistake

like its fanbase yes
Wasn't Persona 4 the one that got really picked up by the Tumblr/Twitter crowd, and Persona 5 was just the extension of that? I seem to recall the Persona 4 anime being the infection vector. Same for the Persona 5 anime. Really harkens back to this meme.
E8oDxjVX0AYx_OL

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Wasn't Persona 4 the one that got really picked up by the Tumblr/Twitter crowd, and Persona 5 was just the extension of that?
It's the opposite now because 4 gives a roughly accurate depiction of rural social values pre 2010. The only time 4 really gets brought up by tumblr/twitter types it's to seethe about how Kanji's definitely gay, Naoto's definitely trans, and everyone else is some combination of sexist and/or homophobic. 4 had some appeal to them early because of things like Yu/Yosuke shipping but really it's too old to be on most of their radars. 5 is where the cancer really takes off, especially with Akechi/Joker post Royal.
It's gotten a lot more popular reception outside of that now though thanks to the anime's ongoing popularity vs 5's adaptation and, of all things, Joseph Anderson's playthrough. Lots of corpo tubers seem to be picking it up lately too, probably due to Atlus' lack of streaming restrictions on it compared to 5.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
On the topic of Persona, I've been waiting for Metaphor: ReFantazio for years, and am looking forward to it being played by my favorite VTubers (and some not-so-favorite, when it comes to longform JRPGs, I'm desperate for chuubas that actually play the ones I like)

However, if it attracts the same physically and mentally underaged fanbase, that might be the thing that actually does me in

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Wasn't Persona 4 the one that got really picked up by the Tumblr/Twitter crowd, and Persona 5 was just the extension of that? I seem to recall the Persona 4 anime being the infection vector. Same for the Persona 5 anime. Really harkens back to this meme.
Yeah, Persona 3 was popular with gamefaqs and anime forum dweebs and 4 was picked up by soft-edgy types because of its comedy/slice of life contrasted by grisly murder shit

But modern zoomerisms and pseudo intellectuals latched on to 5 hard, the death of tumblr lead to twitter and tiktok fags to lead the charge in its tween fandom, and the combined cancer of those forums metastizied hard

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I tried watching the Xbox presentation but I was getting... sound alerts... like for blind people?!?! I tried seeing if I could turn them off but I couldn't. It is only that stream too. Is it baked in!??!?! FOR BLIND PEOPLE?!?

Also I might have just caused Azehara to deal with some shit but at least he is out there calling out fatasses like ye old Stunning and Brave Mutahar

Screenshot_20230613-121041_Chrome.jpg

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Persona 5 was a mistake
Honestly speaking here, I only got into Mainline SMT because of Joker from Persona 5 being added to Smash Ultimate.
P5 was still a mistake though. A fuckton of the spinoff games could've been SMT games (like fucking P5T).

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Just to cap off the persona thing, heres a very entertainingly schizophrenic thread by a faggy pseud gradually getting assmad because nobody takes him seriously

It ends with this gem

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I tried watching the Xbox presentation but I was getting... sound alerts... like for blind people?!?! I tried seeing if I could turn them off but I couldn't. It is only that stream too. Is it baked in!??!?! FOR BLIND PEOPLE?!?

Also I might have just caused Azehara to deal with some shit but at least he is out there calling out fatasses like ye old Stunning and Brave Mutahar

View attachment 30255
I hate how much call center moistcritakel been in recent years. His deep web, copypasta, and mii channel videos were comfy as fuck. Now, he just does shitty clickbait videos where he repeats the same things over again and often time fence sits at the end. Things he used to shit on back in the day.

God's Strongest Dragoon

So far on the extended showcase, might update if there's more stuff
Cyberpunk 2077
>Ingame tour of the Black Market in Dogtown
>there'll be unique cyberware you won't find anywhere else (showed an arm that shoots flames out of its elbow)
>showed the supposed guy in charge of Dogtown
>Keanu interview with him talking about Johnny and some of the character relationships
High On Life: High On Knife, just a cinematic, not much info given
The Lamplighters League (Oct 3rd), brief gameplay shown looking similar to Xcom style
Avowed
>Dev interview, no other gameplay shown
>Takes place in Pillars of Eternity world, Eora, but won't need to play Pillar to understand the game
>showed companions
>You're not a watcher like in Pillars
>Supposedly a soulplague is in the game but they won't go into detail about it
>Compared to Outer Worlds/KOTOR 2 in how the world is set up
The First Descendant
>Interview with Producer
>3rd person looter shooter
>clips of gameplay shown
>solo or co-op
>talk about changes they made based on player feedback during the Beta
>August 22-28th Open Beta
Towerborne
>Founders talk
>action RPG, online or couch co-op
>clips of gameplay and the environment
>emphasized the couch co-op and players linking together combo chains, one guy does combo that ends with knockup and then other does air combo
Fallout 76: Once in a Blue Moon
>June 20th, free update
>New cryptids like a giant werewolf and giant turtle looking thing
>Hollywood Cinema themed rewards from scoreboard (battlepass?)
>Short clip of Atlantic City expansion coming later
Hi-Fi Rush: Arcade Challenge Update
>arcade challenge modes
>lots of clips shown
>July 5th
>2 game modes, BPM rush and Power Up/Tower Up
>5 new songs and 2 new enemies
>BPM is fast pace that goes up to 200 BPM, multiple difficulties
>Power Up/Tower Up
>gradually pick upgrades that give buffs/debuffs
>New cosmetics and photo mode filters
>extra stuff they don't want to reveal as it is a secret
ESO: Necrom Expansion
>devs talk about the game
>More clips of the environment
>brief talk about Hermaeus Mora, showed some spells the PC casts that are drawn from him
>showed some of the new monsters
>June 20th
Phasmophobia: Console Early Access in August (more general update details but they briefly text sprawled through it all so I didn't catch it)
Exoprimal
>Savage Gauntlet, mode with special PVE Modes for fastest time
>more gameplay shown
>showed more dinosaur types
>Exosuit variants (different weapons and playstyles)
>Marksman, shotgun, fortress shield, energy chakram, charge shotgun, duality beam, thunderclap, frost glaive, double barrel
Flight Simulator
>More details on Dune ornithopter
>Arrakis map
>Nov 3rd
Lies of P
>showed more clips of gameplay while dev is talking over it
>showed a bunch of the mech arm's different variations
>showed more enemies other than puppets, looking a lot more bloodborne
>can summon spectre for boss fights if skill issue
>this was all pretty brief, probably 1 minute at most
>September 19th
Hellblade 2, general talk about motion/performance capture and nothing about the game itself
Lightyear Frontier
>dev talk with gameplay shown
>one of those "devs pretend to be players and act surprised" but fail at being convincing
>driving walker mechs
>material collecting for building and farming
33 Immortals
>33 players co-op
>game story is about 33 immortals rebelling against the wrath of god
>the name is in reference to Dante's Inferno, as there's suppose to be 33 chapters there
>more gameplay shown
>33 members of the dev team playing with Phil Spencer partaking, says he's never played before and confused
>it progressively becomes more of a clusterfuck
Suddenly ends the showcase after that, wtf lol

Last edited:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
As for Metaphor: ReFantazio, it is essentially the culmination of what the Persona team have learned from 3/4/5, beginning production after the initial Japanese release of Persona 5 (estimated). Looking at concept artwork from its working title, "Project Re:Fantasy", it is clear that it changed dramatically through development.

The concept artwork that the game was to be based around, circa 2016:

refantasy full.jpg

And now the latest concept artwork based on the final product:

metaphor artwork.jpg

And the re-announcement trailer, as of a few days ago, with release year 2024:

We may have been robbed on a Japanese take of traditional Western/European Fantasy, but I still trust the game down to my bones because of the team's pedigree. That, and please look forward to the VTuber knockoffs in 2024/2025 of red-headed elf poster-girl, Hulkenberg:

hulkenberg 1.png
hulkenberg 2.jpg
hulkenberg 3.png

Top Bottom