"Why did I just get jumpscared by the LGBT!?!?!"Hexa

Vidya Games Thread

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I wonder how they'll address some systems. Having armor being tied to cyberware is good but there's other stats and mod slots you can get from armor and I assuming that's going away. Changing skills from being stat buffs to unique gameplay changers like deflecting bullets or mid-air dashes is cool but I wonder how they'll address Netrunning. Netrunning is by far the most overpowered build to play once you get it going and it doesn't really allow much diversity in gameplay. Cyberware having drawbacks so you can't just fully mod yourself is good though, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how all this plays out.
yeah we'll have to wait and see what it entails. Though, it's good that we don't have to wait long for it coming out in September. I like how they are nerfing cyberware stuff with the limitation causing debuffs. Fits with the games lore of people going into cyberpsychosis when overloading themselves with cyberware.

Something the anime showed, but really didn't play a big part in the game except that side mission of killing cyber freaks on the map.

Someone convinced me to get Diablo 4 so I'm trying it right now to see how I feel about it. I like permadeath in games but Idk if I do that with pvp as well. I know my ass will get skill issue'd by some dude that picks up a build on reddit or something.

Last edited:

yeah me

dirty grey in chat
They're going to be adding permadeath to WoW Classic sometime soon. Right now it's just a self-imposed challenge but they plan on putting it in the game at some point this summer or right after.

nothing could make me play WoW. Too much grind for my instant-gratification requiring coomer erectus brain.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Went through the Xbox showcase a bit. That's the 2nd CGI only Fable reboot/remake trailer, yet basically no real info. Slightly concerning.

I find it funny to note that there were a couple of Payday clones in the Sony showcase, and now Payday 3 is dropping. I guess that explains why they announced then. Not normally my game, but PD2 has a long, long life.

I'm guessing about 4 years ago someone decided they needed to do a Magic Shooter, because Avowed is I think the 4th one shown (well, again) this year? I guess these are really descended Valorant design responses.

Atlus dropped 3 game trailers, that's interesting. At least for Atlus fans.

Starfield is Fallout in Space. It's probably no Skyrim, but it's going to sell numbers.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Played through the Lies of P demo. It's really good, aside from the balance being whack as fuck in places, like the police officer robot, or the bosses in general having way too much health for so early in the game.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
EDIT: It's a good chance that those are just the promoted platforms for the reveal during the Xbox Showcase but who knows, it is fun to watch console fanboys lose their shit.
Yeah it's the same as when they did the Persona 5R + P4G + P3P Bundle where the announcement is done as an Xbox/PC timed exclusive. Atlus sees the money in multi-platform releases now they're not completely abandoning it. Tweet for reference.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
>ubisoft forward
>prince of persia 2D game
>executive director talking about his own game keeps calling the Prince "Hasan"
HE'S NOT NAMED IN THE FUCKING GAMES
HE'S NOT EVEN CALLED HASAN IN THE MEDIOCRE MOVIE, HE'S CALLED DASTAN
DO YOU EVEN GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE FRANCHISE YOU'RE CONTINUING YOU FRENCH FUCK?

1554405990-3.gif

God's Strongest Dragoon

>Promise fans you'll make Mirage not have any supernatural shit and that it's back to the roots
>Teleporting magic triple takedown
And there goes any interest I had in that game. Fucking Arkham Knight had the FEAR multi-takedowns that were actually animated.

Last edited:

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
Wow...ubisoft didn't have much this year. Skulls and bones has had so many redrafts I'm surprised they still going with it.

Netscaper

Early Adopter
Wow...ubisoft didn't have much this year. Skulls and bones has had so many redrafts I'm surprised they still going with it.
Ubisoft Singapore took government funding to open Ubisoft Singapore and finance other projects. A clause of those fundings is: "You HAVE to ship a game with said studio".
They are still going because they are FORCED to.

About Mirage, I will take teleporting BS if it keeps the rest of old AC as it looks like from the "totally real and not scripted" gameplay trailer.
You could even handwave it as Basing taking "funny herbs" and going superfast and silent (sorta like chain killing instead of actual teleport killing from one side of a building to another).

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

@Netscaper got it first. They would lose more money to not release a game. So keeping it on life support and eventually releasing something will happen.

Mind you, there was seemingly a fully working game in 2018!

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
@Netscaper got it first. They would lose more money to not release a game. So keeping it on life support and eventually releasing something will happen.

Mind you, there was seemingly a fully working game in 2018!
Ubisoft's fanbase in 2014: Wow, this Assassin's Creed 4 game is really great, it'd be even better if they cut out the AssCreed and focused on the pirates.
Ubisoft: Aight.

Ubisoft in 2022: Alright, here's your MMO-lite, PvPvE, social game, extraction boater based tangentially on the boat part of AssCreed 4, that's what you wanted, right?

God's Strongest Dragoon

Ubisoft's fanbase in 2014: Wow, this Assassin's Creed 4 game is really great, it'd be even better if they cut out the AssCreed and focused on the pirates.
Ubisoft: Aight.

Ubisoft in 2022: Alright, here's your MMO-lite, PvPvE, social game, extraction boater based tangentially on the boat part of AssCreed 4, that's what you wanted, right?
It's so depressing to have watched Ubisoft go from innovating on their IPs with games like the original AssCreed games, Rainbow 6: Siege, and Far Cry 3 to gearing everything into the same recipe and following trends like a dog chasing cars.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

It's so depressing to have watched Ubisoft go from innovating on their IPs with games like the original AssCreed games, Rainbow 6: Siege, and Far Cry 3 to gearing everything into the same recipe and following trends like a dog chasing cars.
At some level, the fact their upper management is all French took over.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Capcom Showcase begins in a half hour. Several vtubers are doing a watchalong.

At some level, the fact their upper management is all French took over.
Sort of, I think the major issue is that they exploded in earnings over the past 2 decades because of shit like MTX and that has had serious consequences for them, as they're forced to keep trying to hit a goldmine instead of producing a good product.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Ubisoft is such a weirdly charming, and at the same time the most obnoxious, soulless megacompany. This is the company that'll at the same time put out crazy shit no other AAA studio would even think of trying like Riders Republic, RollerDerby, For Honor, Anno (AAA budget city builders are basically nonexistent after the Sims City debacle). They'll update and maintain games that didn't do well on launch for literal years, for free, without asking you to buy a yearly expansion or whatever other gay shit and their microtransactions are downright reasonable in comparison to their competition.

And then they shovel out 12 different Far Cry 3 clones in different settings and perspectives, release garbage nobody asked for, or even worse, unfix a game they previously fixed so it's bad again, like Siege. They'll partner with the police to get you arrested for calling someone a jiggaboo in Siege. They'll shove a game full of troon propaganda, and then not do it for 10 others.

It's fucking baffling.

Oh boy can't wait for Monster Hunter 6 to get announced and kill the last molecule of optimism I had for that franchise.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
I feel we gonna see a teaser for a new Monster Hunter. With Rise ending new content updates recently.

I wish for a new Dead Rising that goes back to the originals style. Though, that's wishful thinking.

Oh wow, they didn't stop development on that one game with the blue jacket girl. remember that being shown years ago. Oh my god, it's still postponed lol

Some people I know are excited for Exoprimal. is this a dino crisis spiritual successor?

Wow...I guess that's it. was expecting a little more.

Last edited:

Topo Chico

Battlebit Remastered goes into early access in three days. It's a battlefield-esque shooter that I've been following and playing in their beta tests. Lots of fun, will sell for 15 buckaroos. I highly recommend looking at some YouTube videos of the game, especially if you like(d) Battlefield or FPSs.

Some of the usual suspects in the FPS centric gamer sector have been makin' quite a few videos on it

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Just got done playing the Final Fantasy 16 demo. Shit's legit. The combat seems pretty great thus far for the intro section. And the initial 2 hours of the game's prologue has got a great setup for the rest of the game. It's going to be a long wait til the 22nd.

There's another combat section I could play with more abilities unlocked but it's a section further into the story rather than an arena. So I'm going to hold off and not look at it for now.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
The only thing published by white wolf i know of is the Hunter series (for games the reckoning, reedemer and wayward) and they also have a ttrpg game series (and books afaik), i think they share worlds with vampire (part of World of darkness) if you don't want the ttrpg side i recommend playing the games (if you can get them, i think reckoning is on xbox backwards compatibility, wayward was ps2 exclusive and redeemer is only on og xbox) i never played the ttrpg so i can only recommend the reckoning game as its the only one i played (still looking for a copy of redeemer that isn't a scam).
Hunter: The Reckoning was on GameCube as well. I still have the disk for it but never completed it.
Battlebit Remastered goes into early access in three days. It's a battlefield-esque shooter that I've been following and playing in their beta tests. Lots of fun, will sell for 15 buckaroos. I highly recommend looking at some YouTube videos of the game, especially if you like(d) Battlefield or FPSs.

Some of the usual suspects in the FPS centric gamer sector have been makin' quite a few videos on it

I remember liking Intrude when I first got it, it has a minimalist aesthetic too.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Sorry, I saw Punished Anime Discusser mention Bloodborne and I've been reminded that I wanted to throw this out somewhere at some point.
I hope that every single time I hear that Bloodborne is in the #1 spot for FromSoft titles for them that it's not because of the bosses. There are some good bosses in Bloodborne, don't get me wrong, but there's also a lot of pretty lame or just outright bad ones. The gank fight outside Byrgenwerth is annoying while also not being very hard unless you can't separate the two melee enemies. Rom is just a piece of shit that does nothing but flail around to try and hit you while her spiders do all the work and deal a bullshit amount of damage (don't even get me started on the counter damage being stupidly high meaning even some of the least threatening attacks normally can hurt). Micolash is Micolash, I don't know a single person who enjoys that fight. If he isn't damn near one shotting you with any of his attacks, he's running around. Witches of Hemwick is a snoozefest and once you get what you need from them you never fight them again because why would you? Beast Cleric is alright for a tutorial boss but once you fight him again in subsequent NG+ attempts that too is a pretty meh fight. Vicar Amelia is a slight improvement to the Beast Cleric, but it manages to actually be somewhat more engaging so it gets a pass. Then you also got shit like fucking EBRIETAS with her stupid ass hitboxes and damage that will, if you fuck up a dodge, one shot you. Mergo's Wet Nurse is much like Cleric Beast, where the fight is alright but nothing outstanding. The One Reborn is just what it's like playing older Monster Hunter titles, where the monsters can deal small amounts of damage if they step on your feet, but cranked up to 11. Moon Presence is also kind of bad, but more so in the vein that it just isn't that threatening once you realize that a lot of it's attacks are easily dodged by a quickstep to the side. Especially coming after Gehrman, Presence isn't anything to write home about.
I don't do chalice dungeons outside of the first one you do and the c u m dungeon for the blood echoes, so I can't comment on many of the bosses you find in there. I did fuck around with the two unreleased bosses, which was neat at least. Maybe the bosses would actually make chalice dungeons somewhat interesting, but I doubt it.

While I do complain about a number of BB bosses, it does have some really good ones too. All of the DLC bosses are amazing with the exception of Laurence, and Martyr Logarius is a great time. Didn't know you could destroy the sword he plants in the ground on his second phase until I already beat him, but oh well, it didn't take any of the fun out of the fight. All of the boss hunters are great too.
Do these fights make up for the rest? For me, not really.

Top Bottom