"RUST reminds me that Pondelion, the mascot of Mister Donut, also eats himself and live. He calls it the ultimate self-sufficiency, eating himself to live; The source of the nutrients that keep him alive is a mystery"Pako

Vidya Games Thread

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
It's the opposite now because 4 gives a roughly accurate depiction of rural social values pre 2010. The only time 4 really gets brought up by tumblr/twitter types it's to seethe about how Kanji's definitely gay, Naoto's definitely trans, and everyone else is some combination of sexist and/or homophobic. 4 had some appeal to them early because of things like Yu/Yosuke shipping but really it's too old to be on most of their radars. 5 is where the cancer really takes off, especially with Akechi/Joker post Royal.
It's gotten a lot more popular reception outside of that now though thanks to the anime's ongoing popularity vs 5's adaptation and, of all things, Joseph Anderson's playthrough. Lots of corpo tubers seem to be picking it up lately too, probably due to Atlus' lack of streaming restrictions on it compared to 5.
Subaru did a playthrough I remember...

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Just to cap off the persona thing, heres a very entertainingly schizophrenic thread by a faggy pseud gradually getting assmad because nobody takes him seriously
Easy bellwether question for P4 analysis: Was Yukiko expected to inherit the Amagi Inn? If they answer yes, discard their opinion, no need to go any further because they've missed entirely what P4 does with its arcs and themes.
Subaru did a playthrough I remember...
She did and it's really good, like most of Subaru's playthroughs. Sakura Miko's playing P4 right now which I've also been following, and Elira recently started one too.

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
It's actually really funny how P4 is treated because when it first came out progressives were sucking its proverbial dick for how it portrayed REAL sexual confusion and how teenagers struggled with coming out as gay. To put the acceleration of sexual/gender affirmation into perspective California was struggling to even consider gay marriage a real marriage when persona 4 came out. Fast-Forward to now and Persona 4 is considered bigoted and physically harmful to trans lives. It's fascinating if you watch persona 4 reviews of boomers and zoomers and compare the tone when they touch this subject.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
It's actually really funny how P4 is treated because when it first came out progressives were sucking its proverbial dick for how it portrayed REAL sexual confusion and how teenagers struggled with coming out as gay. To put the acceleration of sexual/gender affirmation into perspective California was struggling to even consider gay marriage a real marriage when persona 4 came out. Fast-Forward to now and Persona 4 is considered bigoted and physically harmful to trans lives. It's fascinating if you watch persona 4 reviews of boomers and zoomers and compare the tone when they touch this subject.
believe me, I know - I was one of them, granted a teenager at the time, but still cringe nonetheless, I never want to go back to those years

these people won't find anything good enough unless it aligns with [CURRENT YEAR] at all times without any criticism or negative aspect whatsoever

by the time Metaphor and Persona 6 release, they will already be outdated and those very same people will demand ATLUS to "do better", no matter what efforts the localization team makes to change content in the game for "western sensibilities"

I mean, heck, even Hashino is still considered a raging homophobe by them because of a few throwaway gag scenes in P3/P4/P5 and subject matter in Catherine, so Metaphor already has a built-in rage machine to feed on since he's working on it

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Is Outer Worlds worth trying? All I know about it, was the Rick knockoff dude from the trailer years ago.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Is Outer Worlds worth trying? All I know about it, was the Rick knockoff dude from the trailer years ago.
Worlds or Wilds? Worlds is a solid B in the Fallout-type but not quite Fallout games. Outer Wilds depends on your personality and age. For as much as it gets huge praise from the Gaming Press types, umm... it's basically a modern King's Quest or Zork, just with 3D and a lot less friction to playing. Or maybe Next Gen Myst makes more sense.

Moff Albert

The Brown Hornet is my oshi
Calli's Husband
Persona this, Persona that, wake me up when the Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha games get remasters.

So, y'know, never. ;_;

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
I've been playing too much TOTK. Every time I see a stone well, I think about jumping down to see what's in it, for a second, before I remember that I'm not playing the game.

Where do you live where you regularly see stone wells? The Shire?

We may have been robbed on a Japanese take of traditional Western/European Fantasy, but I still trust the game down to my bones because of the team's pedigree. That, and please look forward to the VTuber knockoffs in 2024/2025 of red-headed elf poster-girl, Hulkenberg:

Isn't almost every Souls game and half of the JRPGs basically a Japanese take on western fantasy?

As a FO3/NV fan, I got Outer Worlds since it promised to be FO3/NV in space, and that's more or less what it is, but with that god-awful cutesy modern video game writing infesting it like a plague for which there is no cure. I wished I had just replayed 3 and/or NV instead.

I know Starfield gets derided as "Fallout in space" but if Bethy can do that without the same awful modern writing style as Outer Worlds had I think I'll be quite happy with it.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Just to cap off the persona thing, heres a very entertainingly schizophrenic thread by a faggy pseud gradually getting assmad because nobody takes him seriously

It ends with this gem

Man if only fucking video game expertise and a useless degree meant literally anything for being taken seriously.

Starfield doesn't look interesting, but who knows, maybe post-release coverage will show me something that makes it worth it but I'm certainly not paying $101.69 for it. Toddy-boy had a little chinwag over development times and mention of how many years of operation he has left and if he'd have another ~8 years to spend for a Starfield 2. Motherfucker better have TES6 ready by 2024/11/11 or he's not going to have two years. You can see the lingering regrets of wasting focus on the wrong project weigh on him even to this day in this freshly immortalized capture of his pained gaze.

Capcom better give us a DD2 release date sometime soon.

yuckyyaki

Yabai enthusiast
It ends with this gem

>a degree in English with a focus in fiction writing.
:smugina: I don't know if I can think of a degree more laughable that isn't to do with social/mental shit

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

It ends with this gem

I'm not sure what kind of English course tells you "Naoto must be trans" but I would lobby to have the school that offered it to lose accreditation from the state. Naoto explains that she disguised herself as a man so that she'd be taken seriously as a detective.
As for Metaphor: ReFantazio, it is essentially the culmination of what the Persona team have learned from 3/4/5, beginning production after the initial Japanese release of Persona 5 (estimated). Looking at concept artwork from its working title, "Project Re:Fantasy", it is clear that it changed dramatically through development.

The concept artwork that the game was to be based around, circa 2016:

View attachment 30262

And now the latest concept artwork based on the final product:

View attachment 30267

And the re-announcement trailer, as of a few days ago, with release year 2024:

We may have been robbed on a Japanese take of traditional Western/European Fantasy, but I still trust the game down to my bones because of the team's pedigree. That, and please look forward to the VTuber knockoffs in 2024/2025 of red-headed elf poster-girl, Hulkenberg:

View attachment 30263
View attachment 30264
View attachment 30266

I'm surprised there aren't more Elf themed vTubers. In fact, I can't think of any at the moment. I'm sure there must be a few.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

God's Strongest Dragoon

I'm not sure what kind of English course tells you "Naoto must be trans" but I would lobby to have the school that offered it to lose accreditation from the state. Naoto explains that she disguised herself as a man so that she'd be taken seriously as a detective.

I'm surprised there aren't more Elf themed vTubers. In fact, I can't think of any at the moment. I'm sure there must be a few.
Sleepy, Lamy, Flare, and Elu

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I love how the vidya thread circled back to vtuber stuff again. :SelenHAHAhere:

I've decided to finally try out holocure, and played it on my Steam DECK. Didn't realize how fun it was. Was just planning to test it out for five minutes before doing something else, and find out I spent two hours on it iol

EDIT: oh my god...

Last edited:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Persona this, Persona that, wake me up when the Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha games get remasters.
Hey, they remastered Nocturne, that means your favourite SMT game will follow soon right? I'll be playing Digital Devil Saga again in no time. :shiinastare:
I love how the vidya thread circled back to vtuber stuff again.
Talk about vidya in the main thread, talk about chuubas here. Understandable.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Talk about vidya in the main thread, talk about chuubas here. Understandable.
1686770417460-png.30477

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I was memeing on him for liking Crimson Skies by calling the spoiler "kino skies" but it was Shattered Skies, the superior game.
Crimson Skies is best you retard.

Top Bottom