"The loud and proud, would be the Naruto fart and the silent but deadly would be the Sasuke fart"Hakos Baelz

Vidya Games Thread

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Am I alone in never buying another Bethesda game until they get a new fucking engine? Their engines have been complete ass ever since Gamebryo. Creation isn't much better IMO.
Creation is literally Gamebryo with additional shit bolted on top, so no surprise nothing changed.

Also PC Gaming Show right now.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I love the steve jobs drip on the commentator and the AI dorkiness
adsdasdasda.png

More Path of Exile 2 gameplay

The cringe is real

EDIT:

I just realized. There was no State of Decay 3 at xbox stream today. Wasn't that announced a year or two ago?

Confirmation the new Yakuza Hawaii game is the Eighth title in the series. With Kiryu and Ichiban in Hawaii.

efgsdfsdfsdf.jpg

New screenshots for it too.

People were excited in chat about Stormgate, but it looks like a mobile RTS game. Am I mising something here?

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Apparently the announced Atlus games and the new Yakuza game are going to be Xbox+PC only and that's making Sony fans mald and they're screaming that Japanese devs are betraying Japanese fans.

EDIT: It's a good chance that those are just the promoted platforms for the reveal during the Xbox Showcase but who knows, it is fun to watch console fanboys lose their shit.

Last edited:

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
Apparently the announced Atlus games and the new Yakuza game are going to be Xbox+PC only and that's making Sony fans mald and they're screaming that Japanese devs are betraying Japanese fans.

EDIT: It's a good chance that those are just the promoted platforms for the reveal during the Xbox Showcase but who knows, it is fun to watch console fanboys lose their shit.
Most likely timed exclusive I feel.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

I remember Playstation fanboys losing their shit over Scarlet Nexus being announced like that. Saying things "I didn't even know it came out on PS4", its like Nigga please, learn to read. When your brainrot is so severe that even how it is announced causes tribalism

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

On the topic of Gamebryo/Creation engine, Game Engine Programming might be the most "you get WHO you pay for" part of the entire digital economy. iD, even after Carmack left, has like 3 guys working on their engine. And it's still absolutely top tier. Bethesda supposedly has a team working on it, but it never seems to get better. And they should be really happy the "Fallout Look" has popular games, because it's still horrible at rendering colors properly.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Ff16 event is live

God's Strongest Dragoon

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
wow, 2 hours of prologue gameplay that will transfer to main game when it releases. That's pretty generous demo. But it's probably more one hour of gameplay and a hour of cutscenes lol

oooh if you finish the demo you get to mess with the battle mode afterwards. interesting.

Netscaper

Early Adopter
On the topic of Gamebryo/Creation engine, Game Engine Programming might be the most "you get WHO you pay for" part of the entire digital economy. iD, even after Carmack left, has like 3 guys working on their engine. And it's still absolutely top tier. Bethesda supposedly has a team working on it, but it never seems to get better. And they should be really happy the "Fallout Look" has popular games, because it's still horrible at rendering colors properly.
Funny thing is, I heard ESO uses Gamebryo. But that game is not developed internally, so they don't have Bethesda's devs Unga-bungaing the code so it does new things extremely poorly.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Funny thing is, I heard ESO uses Gamebryo. But that game is not developed internally, so they don't have Bethesda's devs Unga-bungaing the code so it does new things extremely poorly.
There's a couple of fan patches from I believe the Morrowind days that still needed to be applied with F76.

Though only really positive thing about the engine you can say is that they haven't locked out Modding, even though they really were going to try. Ignore the fact they don't seem to have the technical capabilities to do it, haha.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Though only really positive thing about the engine you can say is that they haven't locked out Modding, even though they really were going to try. Ignore the fact they don't seem to have the technical capabilities to do it, haha.
>Use the same old engine you've been using for decades because it's easy to mod with and your modding community is what gives your games longevity
>Finally make an online multiplayer version of one of your games
>Use that same game engine to keep the feel of the single-player version and save on development costs
>People start exploiting the game engine to do all sorts of exploits constantly
Oh no, who could have seen this coming?!

God's Strongest Dragoon

When your brainrot is so severe that even how it is announced causes tribalism
I was watching the showcase on Cheri's channel but I looked up the showcase stream by itself to check things out again. Apparently Snoys were spamming "L" and "mid" in chat before the reveal of whatever game was up next. The tribalism is insane.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
Supposedly with the release of the expansion, several game mechanics will be updated with it. Police system similar to GTA, skill trees revamp to have more unique skills and not just stat buffs to allow more unique builds, armor being tied to cyberware with a new system that will cause debuffs if you go over your cyberware limit, clothing items will be more apparel stuff now instead of being tied to armor, vehicle combat, and more.

I don't know why, but the part saying there will be faster police response time in the richer parts of the city compared to the hood gave me a chuckle

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Ff16 event is live

Is this actually coming out soon? :shiinastare:

Shiina is starting to sell me on Diablo 4, Having a Darrk and Darker/tarkov loot system and perma death is kind of appealing to my autism:Pekora-EVILGRIN:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Supposedly with the release of the expansion, several game mechanics will be updated with it. Police system similar to GTA, skill trees revamp to have more unique skills and not just stat buffs to allow more unique builds, armor being tied to cyberware with a new system that will cause debuffs if you go over your cyberware limit, clothing items will be more apparel stuff now instead of being tied to armor, vehicle combat, and more.

I don't know why, but the part saying there will be faster police response time in the richer parts of the city compared to the hood gave me a chuckle
I wonder how they'll address some systems. Having armor being tied to cyberware is good but there's other stats and mod slots you can get from armor and I assuming that's going away. Changing skills from being stat buffs to unique gameplay changers like deflecting bullets or mid-air dashes is cool but I wonder how they'll address Netrunning. Netrunning is by far the most overpowered build to play once you get it going and it doesn't really allow much diversity in gameplay. Cyberware having drawbacks so you can't just fully mod yourself is good though, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how all this plays out.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Shiina is starting to sell me on Diablo 4, Having a Darrk and Darker/tarkov loot system and perma death is kind of appealing to my autism:Pekora-EVILGRIN:
Yea dude, 11 days from now on the 22nd. But it's PS5 only for now. 2 hour demo out tomorrow.

yeah me

dirty grey in chat

permadeath in games is based and I hate how rare it is, especially in multiplayer games. Might have to look into Diablo 4.

God's Strongest Dragoon

permadeath in games is based and I hate how rare it is, especially in multiplayer games. Might have to look into Diablo 4.
They're going to be adding permadeath to WoW Classic sometime soon. Right now it's just a self-imposed challenge but they plan on putting it in the game at some point this summer or right after.

Top Bottom