"Girls can't think"Nyaru

Vidya Games Thread

Ballpark_Look

Angela sounds so much like a tranny and james has one emotion throughout everything I've seen.
Voice direction is a goddamn mess from what I can tell and choosing a naturally deep voice actress for Angela is not helping.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
isn't this the niggér who was saying that if you enjoy killing npcs in gta you're a psychopath or something along those lines?

Anyway people got a hold of early copies of SH remake and they're uploading comparisons. Here watch how they butchered the stairs scene

Angela sounds so much like a tranny and james has one emotion throughout everything I've seen.

They also did eddie dirty, his original design looked like your average fat dude from the time, these assholes turned him into a 40 year old goblin ass creature that sounds retarded. They also removed the camera work that added to eddie's original craziness.

Why is it with remakes that they only hire people who wouldn't know art even if you beat them about the head with the Mona Lisa? :depressedtako:
Just, always, absolute jeet tier quality of work, lack of soul, and missing the point. Which redditors will then defend because they like the pretty grafix.

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Cause noone wants to pay artists. Doubly so if they work for a video game company

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
isn't this the niggér who was saying that if you enjoy killing npcs in gta you're a psychopath or something along those lines?
Don't know about that, but I know he genuinely lives in fear of one of my friends because of some light discord shitposting, so he's not exactly a mentally sound individual.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Anyway people got a hold of early copies of SH remake and they're uploading comparisons. Here watch how they butchered the stairs scene

They also did eddie dirty, his original design looked like your average fat dude from the time, these assholes turned him into a 40 year old goblin ass creature that sounds retarded. They also removed the camera work that added to eddie's original craziness.

Flat out Silent Hill should never suffer a remake (I know the original one did way back also). The first 3 Silent Hill games were so well executed that they likely could not be topped with the same team. And there are ZERO dev teams with as much talent as Team Silent had. Like shit, compare Resident Evil to Silent Hill. Silent Hill was better executed.

On that note even the first Resident Evil, its remake worked because it had the same director and if it wasn't the same team it was more talented team. As much as I like Resident Evil 2 it is blatantly different. Or Metal Gear Solid. The remake by Silicon Knights was fine but it clearly had something missing. You simply cannot improve any of the original Silent Hill games and the only other option is how shit and we are really getting some shit here.

Don't know about that, but I know he genuinely lives in fear of one of my friends because of some light discord shitposting, so he's not exactly a mentally sound individual.
He had a twitter tangent regarding a twitter post that had someone kill everyone inside a shop in GTA4 (I think it was 4). The OG twitter post was a joke about something and the killing of the dudes inside was secondary because I mean, thats what you do in the GTA games...

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Flat out Silent Hill should never suffer a remake (I know the original one did way back also). The first 3 Silent Hill games were so well executed that they likely could not be topped with the same team. And there are ZERO dev teams with as much talent as Team Silent had. Like shit, compare Resident Evil to Silent Hill. Silent Hill was better executed.

On that note even the first Resident Evil, its remake worked because it had the same director and if it wasn't the same team it was more talented team. As much as I like Resident Evil 2 it is blatantly different. Or Metal Gear Solid. The remake by Silicon Knights was fine but it clearly had something missing. You simply cannot improve any of the original Silent Hill games and the only other option is how shit and we are really getting some shit here.

He had a twitter tangent regarding a twitter post that had someone kill everyone inside a shop in GTA4 (I think it was 4). The OG twitter post was a joke about something and the killing of the dudes inside was secondary because I mean, thats what you do in the GTA games...
even when RE was trying to be horror the style of it and Silent Hill are vastly different your essentially comparing apples to oranges and apples suck.

RE Is more rooted in "ok that's fucked up why would anyone do this or be allowed to do this"

SH is more existential & metaphorical. which let's your mind do a lot of the leg work and also willing to be batshit with design.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
even when RE was trying to be horror the style of it and Silent Hill are vastly different your essentially comparing apples to oranges and apples suck.

RE Is more rooted in "ok that's fucked up why would anyone do this or be allowed to do this"

SH is more existential & metaphorical. which let's your mind do a lot of the leg work and also willing to be batshit with design.
I mean conceptually but I am talking more about the nuts and bolts. The game design, gameplay, adhesion to the setting, sound design, hell camera work. As games Silent Hill is built better than Resident Evil and Silent Hill 2 is built better than, well most games to be frank

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
So here's some Nintendo news, crossed with vtubing and some dramafagging, but I thought it was worth sharing here.

If you can't read moonrune, Nintendo is opening a museum, and have decided to collab with Hololive for its opening. Previously, Nintendo worked more closely with Nijisanji - Niji had a bunch of benefits for being more closely-allied with Nintendo for streaming, and these benefits were good enough that Nijisanji disallowed any of their talents from streaming Palworld so as to not risk the ire of Nintendo. I'm not sure what to make of Nintendo's switch to Hololive at this early stage, and whether there's any deeper reason behind this at the moment, perhaps beyond Hololive having better numbers than Nijisanji.

Rima has a bunch of these drama tweets collected and translated from Japanese for anyone interested in reading them, although I don't think there's anything of worth in there:

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
So here's some Nintendo news, crossed with vtubing and some dramafagging, but I thought it was worth sharing here.

If you can't read moonrune, Nintendo is opening a museum, and have decided to collab with Hololive for its opening. Previously, Nintendo worked more closely with Nijisanji - Niji had a bunch of benefits for being more closely-allied with Nintendo for streaming, and these benefits were good enough that Nijisanji disallowed any of their talents from streaming Palworld so as to not risk the ire of Nintendo. I'm not sure what to make of Nintendo's switch to Hololive at this early stage, and whether there's any deeper reason behind this at the moment, perhaps beyond Hololive having better numbers than Nijisanji.

Rima has a bunch of these drama tweets collected and translated from Japanese for anyone interested in reading them, although I don't think there's anything of worth in there:

It's fine. They still won't let them play Pokemon games outside their release windows.

UberSoldat

Warhammer Day sale

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Warhammer Day sale
Darktide for $20 is pretty good, the latest update fixed the biggest problem the game had, that being the awful RNG involved in getting weapons. The game does still run like the average 40k tabletop player, and it's a bit short on content, but I'd say it's pretty good otherwise. Necromunda Hired Gun for $11 is a steal. Vermintide 2 for $5.60 is a good deal, but you also have to buy like $20 of DLC to get a complete game. Gothic Armada 2 with all DLC for $11 is also great. Space Hulk Deathwing is a game that exists, and I like it quite a bit, but it's Streumon Eurojank, good deal for around $8. Mechanicus + DLC for $12 is a steal.

Dawn of War 1 and 2 not being on sale again, and going for $30 and $45, for games that are literally over 20 and 15 years respectively is fucking wild though. Also Dawn of War 3 isn't on sale because they don't want you to know how bad it is. $111 for Gladius' complete edition is a fucking joke. All of the Total WaWa games suck dick at varying levels, but 2, the one that sucks the least dick isn't even on sale. Space Marine 2 isn't on sale, but it's doing too well to get one anyways.

Didn't play any of the other games so can't comment. Kind of a schizo scattershot on the discounts and prices, not gonna lie.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Darktide for $20 is pretty good, the latest update fixed the biggest problem the game had, that being the awful RNG involved in getting weapons. The game does still run like the average 40k tabletop player, and it's a bit short on content, but I'd say it's pretty good otherwise. Necromunda Hired Gun for $11 is a steal. Vermintide 2 for $5.60 is a good deal, but you also have to buy like $20 of DLC to get a complete game. Gothic Armada 2 with all DLC for $11 is also great. Space Hulk Deathwing is a game that exists, and I like it quite a bit, but it's Streumon Eurojank, good deal for around $8. Mechanicus + DLC for $12 is a steal.

Dawn of War 1 and 2 not being on sale again, and going for $30 and $45, for games that are literally over 20 and 15 years respectively is fucking wild though. Also Dawn of War 3 isn't on sale because they don't want you to know how bad it is. $111 for Gladius' complete edition is a fucking joke. All of the Total WaWa games suck dick at varying levels, but 2, the one that sucks the least dick isn't even on sale. Space Marine 2 isn't on sale, but it's doing too well to get one anyways.

Didn't play any of the other games so can't comment. Kind of a schizo scattershot on the discounts and prices, not gonna lie.
Been enjoying Rogue Trader so far. Minor annoyances so far but seems solid if you like their previous stuff give it a shot.

UberSoldat

Been enjoying Rogue Trader so far. Minor annoyances so far but seems solid if you like their previous stuff give it a shot.
I've been thinking about getting it once all the planned DLC is out and there's a good discount, which I imagine will probably take a few years at least.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

I didn't need to see this on my timeline, but since I did, so do you.

IdenticalPlateaus

I've been thinking about getting it once all the planned DLC is out and there's a good discount, which I imagine will probably take a few years at least.
Yeah that's my plan too. These games are long enough and have enough routes that I don't need to add another playthrough just to see the DLC.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Yeah that's my plan too. These games are long enough and have enough routes that I don't need to add another playthrough just to see the DLC.
unless they decide to add more the last DLC is coming sometime in December with the first already being out. Good luck to the both of you.

Ballpark_Look

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
I also don't want a Haunting Ground/Demento remake. I can only imagine what they would do to that.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Top Bottom