"Well... well I'm- I'm gonna make sure you... you all... I'm gonna.. I'mma make sure you, I... I'mma do it"Nanashi Mumei

Vidya Games Thread

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Wow, that sounds pretty cringe. If it was a few easter eggs or references, it would be fine but 17 of those things sounds pretty dumb

The couples mask is like the only pain in the ass mask to get and you never needed to go all autistic and collect every mask in the game. Getting the Fierce Deity Mask is kind of shit because while its cool to obliterate the final boss, it really trivializes it to the point that you just don't notice it. Had the same experience with all the bosses in BOTW. Game devs clearly didn't consider bomb arrow damage and availability. I can't remember any of the bosses because I just kept bomb arrows for bosses and proceed to kill them before I saw any mechanics.

That's not a tall order. BOTW was coming off of the heels of Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, probably the two weakest entries in the 3D style.

I'd go into detail shitting on TOTK but its become so tedious as that game is. I will say that the biggest crime of BOTW and TOTK is that the shrines are largely at least somewhat interesting puzzles but they ended up taking too much development from the dungeons, causing those to feel lackluster.

The handheld games had a better track record of quality games than the mainline 3D era. It's why I have somewhat interest in Echoes of Wisdom because A Link Between Worlds was a pretty great classic style Zelda.
Wind Waker was Excellent. Twilight Princess was great with one really shitty recurring element. Skyward Sword is Great and has Groose people just overly bitch about the motion controls because 90% of people have it set up wrong and the other 6% refuse to give motion controls the time of day despite playing a system dedicated to them.

Yeah the shrines were a mistake especially with how many there are but it is fun speed running the dungeons with unintended solutions like just flying to the end.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Skyward Sword had Groose which essentially made it the only Zelda game worth playing since the N64

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Finished Space Marine 2, did all of the co-op missions once, and played exactly one match of PVP. There's some pretty bad bugs in co-op like the custom color schemes getting reset to toilet seat blue, there's some genuinely retarded omissions like not being able to do private co-op games (yet, the leaked build had a private option, what the fuck). Possibly worst of all, it took WWZ's retarded progression system, where you need to grind up XP, then spend a very annoying-to-get currency to upgrade, and if you don't upgrade you're capped out and wasting XP, certainly not as bad as WWZ itself because there's multiple currencies and the upgrades aren't as expensive, but still gay and retarded. Performance is generally OK, but varies by map, the chaos brapgas seems to kill FPS if you get too close to it.

First playthrough, with all co-op missions played when they take place in the story, and going back to play two or three missions to catch up a friend took around 25 hours. Aside from the problems above, I really liked everything else about the game and even the PVP was really fun, as it was just SM1's PVP but with a functional netcode and less cheese. Here's hoping they don't fuck everything up as it's a pseudo-live-service game and those almost always manage to get worse over time.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Wawa is home and currently just streaming a space of her cats cuddling with her and them purring

Edit: it's staying here

Last edited:

VSoyBoy

Wawa is home and currently just streaming a space of her cats cuddling with her and them purring

It's good to know what EDF6 cameo character Takanashi Kiara is doing in her free time, but I still think this fits a lot better in the General Thread.

UberSoldat

Finished Space Marine 2, did all of the co-op missions once, and played exactly one match of PVP. There's some pretty bad bugs in co-op like the custom color schemes getting reset to toilet seat blue, there's some genuinely retarded omissions like not being able to do private co-op games (yet, the leaked build had a private option, what the fuck). Possibly worst of all, it took WWZ's retarded progression system, where you need to grind up XP, then spend a very annoying-to-get currency to upgrade, and if you don't upgrade you're capped out and wasting XP, certainly not as bad as WWZ itself because there's multiple currencies and the upgrades aren't as expensive, but still gay and retarded. Performance is generally OK, but varies by map, the chaos brapgas seems to kill FPS if you get too close to it.

First playthrough, with all co-op missions played when they take place in the story, and going back to play two or three missions to catch up a friend took around 25 hours. Aside from the problems above, I really liked everything else about the game and even the PVP was really fun, as it was just SM1's PVP but with a functional netcode and less cheese. Here's hoping they don't fuck everything up as it's a pseudo-live-service game and those almost always manage to get worse over time.
I'm hopping on the train tomorrow, hope all goes well and I don't have to refund it.

VSoyBoy

PlayStation will probably announce the PS5 Pro tomorrow and there will still be no reason to buy one.

Since the movie discussion happened here: Enjoy this meme

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

PlayStation will probably announce the PS5 Pro tomorrow and there will still be no reason to buy one.

Cerny is great, it's just normally unfortunate that he's been over on the Hardware side as a contractor for so long. His credits of work on incredible games is quite long and the less Sony has listened to him on production stuff the worse they keep getting. The man isn't responsible for the "Sony Game", but he is responsible for why they can launch as at least decent. He's one of the least heralded but 5 most influential people in all of gaming for the last 20 years.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
How much does it mean to be influential in all of gaming when your product is a $700 plastic paperweight.

Xuhle

Since the movie discussion happened here: Enjoy this meme

Speaking of the game awards what are peoples thought as to be the dei game to get the sweep and for absolutely no reason. Example being last of us part 2 and Alan wake 2. My money is going to be the rapper samurai Yasuske and AC Shadows.

Last edited:

Ballpark_Look

Speaking of the game awards what are peoples thought as to be the dei game to get the sweep and for absolutely no reason. Example being last of us part 2 and Alan wake 2. My money is going to be the rapper samurai Yasuske and AC Shadows.
Well for Last of Us part 2 pretty sure everyone was gaslit into thinking it was a good game, but yeah in retrospect it was pretty bad. Alan Wake didn't win in 2023 but did get lots of random awards like game direction (Baldur's Gate 3 won).

2024 has been a bad year in gaming looking back. Astro Bot might have an outside chance and maybe they'll give Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth a nod, but it's all up in the air.

Says a lot that the new game I enjoyed the most was Balatro.

Xuhle

Well for Last of Us part 2 pretty sure everyone was gaslit into thinking it was a good game, but yeah in retrospect it was pretty bad. Alan Wake didn't win in 2023 but did get lots of random awards like game direction (Baldur's Gate 3 won).

2024 has been a bad year in gaming looking back. Astro Bot might have an outside chance and maybe they'll give Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth a nod, but it's all up in the air.

Says a lot that the new game I enjoyed the most was Balatro.
You do know I mean getting those random awards right? Like that's why I named them specifically as both won awards they had no business winning up to and including game of the year.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Astro's Playroom is essentially a free glorified tech demo for the capabilities of the PS5 controller (gyro, superfine rumble, adaptive triggers, etc) which clocked in at 3 hours but was EASILY a 10/10 game which had no business being as good as it was.

Astro Bot is more fleshed out version of that game, so I have no doubt it's capable of being a 10/10 again. Plus we got this-

I got the game myself and am enjoying it so far.

If I was a producer that scammed Sony for 200 million and got mogged by a funny little dude that just runs and jump I'd kill myself in front of executives to show my remorse.
You can't get lower than that.

Stunned But Dumb

funny little dude that just runs and jump
don't go underestimating the power of funny little dudes that run and jump, they are the heroes of gaming that are constantly being pushed into the dark

Ballpark_Look

You do know I mean getting those random awards right? Like that's why I named them specifically as both won awards they had no business winning up to and including game of the year.
Well you specifically said "sweep" and a a sweep indicates that it won every category that it was nominated for.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
If I was a producer that scammed Sony for 200 million and got mogged by a funny little dude that just runs and jump I'd kill myself in front of executives to show my remorse.
You can't get lower than that.
Concord was the first game to break Rule 34. The horniest motherfuckers alive looked at Concord and said: "no thanks." The level of shame I would get from that would have me change my name and start looking for work in another industry entirely.

Xuhle

Well you specifically said "sweep" and a a sweep indicates that it won every category that it was nominated for.
Did you forget the awards when last of us 2 was going through? And Alan wake 2 certainly did the same thing as well.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
don't go underestimating the power of funny little dudes that run and jump, they are the heroes of gaming that are constantly being pushed into the dark
Man, I miss the age of great 3D platform collectathon games.

Will never get over the disappointment of never getting Banjo Three-ie...
:fishmandispair:

Ballpark_Look

Did you forget the awards when last of us 2 was going through? And Alan wake 2 certainly did the same thing as well.
Yes last of us 2 won basically everything, I'm more talking about Alan Wake 2. You can't sweep if you miss the grand prize.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I just noticed the PS5 Pro doesn't come with a disc drive. Completely Dead on Arrival for me as a physical device collector.

Top Bottom