"Like, I've heard that British English is like some fanciful mumbo-jumbo"Himemori Luna

Vidya Games Thread

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
$700/€800 for a device that needs to have the drive bought separately.
Playstation individuals are the biggest cucks of the gaming market at the moment.

VSoyBoy

I just noticed the PS5 Pro doesn't come with a disc drive. Completely Dead on Arrival for me as a physical device collector.
It doesn't come with the fucking stand, a 40 cent item they'll sell you for $15.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Did you forget the awards when last of us 2 was going through? And Alan wake 2 certainly did the same thing as well.
1725986027018.png
1725986095016.png
I don't see it, brotherman.

Xuhle

Ballpark_Look

I'm going to assume the top is Alan wake 2? But yeah how much of those did ether of the games call for, also I thought Alan wake 2 won more then that or did they cut down on the awards they give out for the big presentation (that no one actually care about)
Game awards realized no one cared about the awards and put a lot of awards in the preshow now.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I'm going to assume the top is Alan wake 2? But yeah how much of those did ether of the games call for, also I thought Alan wake 2 won more then that or did they cut down on the awards they give out for the big presentation (that no one actually care about)
Top is Alan Wake 2, yes. I'm a Remedy shill (Except for Quantum Break and Alan Wake: American Nightmare, those are both awful), so I'm biased, but I'd say AW2 deserved all of those. On the game direction and narrative front AAA quality artfag games (or artfag games in general) that aren't insufferably gay and know how to have fun, and not take themselves 100% seriously are basically nonexistent, and the game pushed graphical fidelity and the New York segments are incredibly good looking artistically.

I'm 99% sure Geoff still gives out the exact same awards, if not more, but they speedrun a lot of shit like accessibility, e-sports, or other throwaway categories in the preshow. AW2 just wasn't nominated for that many.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Not only does the PS5 pro not address the shitty controller, or the heating issues. Not only does it cost 700 US dollars. Not only does it not carry an optical drive (80 bucks add on). They are still showcasing the same california slop from the last 5 years. How lucky are nintendo that both microsoft and sony are ran by complete retards?

Saturnus

haha it's unou
It doesn't come with the fucking stand, a 40 cent item they'll sell you for $15.
Sony has no games. But they have all the accessories in the world for their game console that they're gonna sell you so you can play no games with.

Nintendo I am calling upon you to do something ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS to Sony right now.
:BijouBijou:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Sony has no games. But they have all the accessories in the world for their game console that they're gonna sell you so you can play no games with.

Nintendo I am calling upon you to do something ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS to Sony right now.
Herro gaijin watchingu TGS twenzytwenzyfooua. Switchu Too, twohunnedofifty dorraru, zhat is all, sayonara.

Xuhle

Top is Alan Wake 2, yes. I'm a Remedy shill (Except for Quantum Break and Alan Wake: American Nightmare, those are both awful), so I'm biased, but I'd say AW2 deserved all of those. On the game direction and narrative front AAA quality artfag games (or artfag games in general) that aren't insufferably gay and know how to have fun, and not take themselves 100% seriously are basically nonexistent, and the game pushed graphical fidelity and the New York segments are incredibly good looking artistically.

I'm 99% sure Geoff still gives out the exact same awards, if not more, but they speedrun a lot of shit like accessibility, e-sports, or other throwaway categories in the preshow. AW2 just wasn't nominated for that many.
:mikothumbsl:
I don't mind artsy games ether, and I don't have a hate for Remeby. I like the first Alan wake, thought it was pretty creative to use the flashlight as an actual weapon and having it basically writing his own story to save his wife.
Control was certainly interesting as well with its mechanics and the not-scp foundation, though you can see the cracks with the deadpan, insufferable, stupid, girlboss of a main character which barely held the story.
But call a spade a spade Alan wake 2 was a mid game that got pushed with dei shit even race swapping one of the characters from control just to get more diversity points from SBI. I would agree they would have deserved the award if this was the first game, hell even American nightmare with its unique story telling, but we're talking about Alan wake 2 which lost any of it interesting story telling or mechanics because they remaster the og 2 years before. I've not even gotten to the characters much as they made them even worse for the woman lead by taking her Control character and upped her attitude by 100 and made her even more of an insufferable girl boss then Control's MC

Tldr- Alan Wake 2 was a mid game that got out shined by its remasted predecessor that people liked more. Your delusional if you think they deserved the rewards as well over the other nominee at the time.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Man, I miss the age of great 3D platform collectathon games.

Will never get over the disappointment of never getting Banjo Three-ie...
:fishmandispair:
you might hate it but nutz and boltz still counts.

I think the real reason why no one builds platformers is because they are SO SO SOOO easy to fuck up. like any puzzle game that goes beyond push block into hole.

Hat in Time and Yuka Laylee point to this if not outright prove it. both games had dedicated teams who if nothing else wanted it to be a fun and functional game but if even one thing is off.

(Controls jumping air control air time physics collectables terrain enemy placement ect ect ect. ) the game will not feel good to play and why i suspect that new one Billie Bustup is going to crash and burn before finding a stable hardcore audience.

VSoyBoy

German industry outlet did a twitter prediction for the PS5 Pro pricing. They didn't even have an option that went as high as the price actually is now.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Well for Last of Us part 2 pretty sure everyone was gaslit into thinking it was a good game, but yeah in retrospect it was pretty bad. Alan Wake didn't win in 2023 but did get lots of random awards like game direction (Baldur's Gate 3 won).

2024 has been a bad year in gaming looking back. Astro Bot might have an outside chance and maybe they'll give Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth a nod, but it's all up in the air.

Says a lot that the new game I enjoyed the most was Balatro.

Wukong and Helldivers 2 are the big games so far this year. Elden Ring DLC should probably take it, but that depends how they categorize it.

Looking through the listings of bigger games... we're getting a Mechwarrior 5? I hadn't even heard about that.

Life is Strange sequel? Either way, that's the game the "game journalists" is going to push now.

If I was a producer that scammed Sony for 200 million and got mogged by a funny little dude that just runs and jump I'd kill myself in front of executives to show my remorse.
You can't get lower than that.

Firewalk was bought by a VC company that offloaded it onto Sony. So, there were levels to the screwing involved.

Concord was the first game to break Rule 34. The horniest motherfuckers alive looked at Concord and said: "no thanks." The level of shame I would get from that would have me change my name and start looking for work in another industry entirely.

The lack of Rule 34 content was wild. The designs were so bland the horniest parts of the internet decided they were unfuckable. That's wild.

I forgot how much Gaslighting they did over TLOU2. Though there was a really strong technical aspect to the game, but, yeah.

Game awards realized no one cared about the awards and put a lot of awards in the preshow now.

Dorito King himself tried to make the awards more prestigious. The problem is he did this at the exact time the Games Media Industry started into complete freefall.

They sell a platform for you to play COD, Fortnite and Madden.

German industry outlet did a twitter prediction for the PS5 Pro pricing. They didn't even have an option that went as high as the price actually is now.

Frankly, with the historic way the Pro consoles sell, this actually is just sold business for Sony. Lock in actual profit on a per-unit basis, as you know its only the diehards and they won't really care about the price difference. Also, that probably doesn't have that much of a profit margin. It's a high-end combo CPU and GPU on a new node. The design itself will have cost in the range of 100 million USD to do. They also have plenty of data on the way people use their consoles. Disc drives are the fairly high minority of users, so making it an optional extra is going to be standard going forward.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I just noticed the PS5 Pro doesn't come with a disc drive. Completely Dead on Arrival for me as a physical device collector.
For the stand and optional disc drive, it is a a whole $800 USD. Sony better not be expecting to ship a lot of these things.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
I await the "We're sorry" $500 SKU with a disk drive in a year.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Not only does the PS5 pro not address the shitty controller, or the heating issues. Not only does it cost 700 US dollars. Not only does it not carry an optical drive (80 bucks add on). They are still showcasing the same california slop from the last 5 years. How lucky are nintendo that both microsoft and sony are ran by complete retards?
Don't forget they recently raised the price of the controller. Or how they knew Starfield would get all the attention on release (regardless if it was good or bad) and decided to announce a pricehike to PS+ at that time so the complaints about it would get overshadowed by Starfield.
Wukong and Helldivers 2 are the big games so far this year. Elden Ring DLC should probably take it, but that depends how they categorize it.
Shadow of the Erdtree won't be viable for GOTY (not sure about other awards) because the gaming journalists they have on the voting board don't think DLC should be counted for that. Meanwhile Helldivers 2 was nuked by both Sony and by Arrowhead.

This is such a shit year for full game releases in the AAA industry. The best games are all random shit from indies or AA studios.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Don't forget they recently raised the price of the controller.
I didn't pay close attention to it but don't they have modular replacement sticks now for the dualsense controller (as a bandaid fix the awful stick drift), too? Something about those being price hiked and not being sold/properly stocked by Sony, too. lmao.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Sony controllers have been progressively worse (sans PS3 Sixaxxis to Dualshock 3 to PS4 controller, yes the Sixaxxis was that bad) since the OG Dualshock, I'm just impressed that they found out a way to charge more for less and worse for literally EVERYTHING

Microsoft tries and wishes they had this power

God's Strongest Dragoon

I didn't pay close attention to it but don't they have modular replacement sticks now for the dualsense controller (as a bandaid fix the awful stick drift), too? Something about those being price hiked and not being sold/properly stocked by Sony, too. lmao.

Top Bottom