"OK guys this stream is gonna have a lot of typos coming from my mouth"Kaela Kovalskia

The Offkai 2024 Blacklisting Debacle (and other possible scandals)

Salado

RedRage

straight up lying and pushing the blame on their biggest Sponsor would be a level beyond.
They are retarded, but I doubt they would risk that right after pulling holo into the con. My money is on fishman fucking this up at some level. He tends to cause issue when he's too hands on and I could see him seeing Canadian monopoly money in his eyes at the idea of cockteasing everyone to get them to pay for the full stream along with making damn sure people went next time cause of all the FOMO generated in the last hour.

JMForte

Take this with a grain of salt, but supposedly an OffKai volunteer believes there's intentional sabotage on the part of OffKai's management to get Phase not to come back.
View attachment 70895
I wouldn't believe this exact post but the sabotage rrats were even happening before this, and seeing as they had a "us or them" kind of thing, yeah, they probably would actually do this.
They are retarded, but I doubt they would risk that right after pulling holo into the con. My money is on fishman fucking this up at some level. He tends to cause issue when he's too hands on and I could see him seeing Canadian monopoly money in his eyes at the idea of cockteasing everyone to get them to pay for the full stream along with making damn sure people went next time cause of all the FOMO generated in the last hour.
Fuck that, just get one person to buy and download the recording and then spread that shit around.

Eat em and breed em

I need help
I don't get peeved much over stuff like this but this has genuinely annoyed me, I would've gladly paid to watch it live if there was an option other than going to offkai

JMForte

I wish they'd put out a statement, because just having a bunch of tweets of talents seemingly being sad or upset, this entire thing is fucked.
PandT.png

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Take this with a grain of salt, but supposedly an OffKai volunteer believes there's intentional sabotage on the part of OffKai's management to get Phase not to come back.
View attachment 70895
BS, everyone here's mistaking incompetence for malice and chooses to believe the dumbest rrats. Offkai sucks, they sucked last year and probably the year before too.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
BS, everyone here's mistaking incompetence for malice and chooses to believe the dumbest rrats. Offkai sucks, they sucked last year and probably the year before too.

I'm a fan of Hanlon's Razor as well, and they proved their incompetence already last year. That being said there's been evidence of malice this year, and last year. The "volunteer" post is almost certainly bullshit, but that doesn't mean the premise is bullshit. We're likely just going to have to wait and see how Phase handles this after the convention is over.

Bronze

On the plus side, seems the panel was good for offline attendees, so at least that part functioned properly. If they ever put a pay-to-view version, that also should be fine I guess

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I'm a fan of Hanlon's Razor as well, and they proved their incompetence already last year. That being said there's been evidence of malice this year, and last year. The "volunteer" post is almost certainly bullshit, but that doesn't mean the premise is bullshit. We're likely just going to have to wait and see how Phase handles this after the convention is over.
Exactly. Thanks to Kirsche, we know they've actively been retarded this year, and tried to ban Pippa last year. I think assuming malice is part of the equation is warranted for all this.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Man, Nijisanji lucked out by pulling out of Offkai this year.
:smugselen:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Remember, OffKai's management decided protecting these useless cunts' feelings was more important than letting Kirsche appear at a panel. That decision might have cost them one of their biggest sponsors.

I really, really hope Phase pull out next year. Whether it's incompetence or malice is irrelevant, the matter of fact is these problems are causing undue stress for the performers and leaving a poor taste in the audience's mouth. They're proving time and time again that last year's issues weren't a one-off, and the attitude of the guy Kirsche was speaking to in those Discord logs suggest the situation's going to get worse rather than better.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Imagine being the major Offkai sponsor and paying for artist alley and getting this bullshit in return.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

RedRage

On the plus side, seems the panel was good for offline attendees, so at least that part functioned properly. If they ever put a pay-to-view version, that also should be fine I guess
That might actually make Pippa brainworm more given how much she tries to be fair to poorfags. :pippasadl:

Bronze

Ok if this is true then I'm genuinely pissed. Need more research though

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Can we get a nice collation of screenshots and archives of all the Phase talents vagueposting?

TwoBit

Early Adopter
So Sakana bankrolls everyone's booths leading to more talent, not just Phase, getting to appear this year and offkai shows their gratitude by fucking his company over? I genuinely hope the Fish sues for incompetence.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

RedRage

I am prepared for a month of speculation based purely on offhanded comments from the girls and 4chan rrats from every side before nothing comes about and it gets swept under the rug.

Salado

Attachments

• ottj7.PNG
    ottj7.PNG
    10.3 KB · Views: 103
  • ottj7.PNG
    ottj7.PNG
    10.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 64357.png
    64357.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 16
  • jt56ugs.PNG