"Pack it up, skittle squad. It's not a phobia, it's a natural revulsion"Lia Rinkou

The Great 5000-page Thread Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
I was thinking in a thread for JP vtubers and other for :The rest of the world vtubers but that somehow will still create tribalfagging.

niggaphil

I dont mind any types of thread as long as my Tenma is still actively streaming.

So i decided to vote free my nigga nolan, because i want to see his broken pee pee gets second chance of explosion

:whatastory:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
I dont mind any types of thread as long as my Tenma is still actively streaming.

So i decided to vote free my nigga nolan, because i want to see his broken pee pee gets second chance of explosion

:whatastory:
what would be funny if he is actually free from the penis explosion chamber 0.1 seconds after hes placed into the penis gulag

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I personally like more the single thread thing but I'd say, if possible, add a way for users to tag their post as a holo/niji/x corpo post to maybe help people who want to only read specific posts.
Honestly, if Xenforo has an option for thread filtering with tags, this would be my choice, as well.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Perhaps instead of splitting by corpo affiliation, threads based on the nature of the things being discussed would make more sense?

Thread 1:
For sanitized, official, idol culture related things, such as new outfits or model upgrades, upcoming debuts, merch, song covers, official concerts and events, upcoming stream schedules, official announcements, notable brand or talent collabs, and other hype for upcoming events etc. (Yagoo's dreamland)

Thread 2:
For spontaneous events, such as eventful moments during streams (be it good, such as funny moments, speedrun achievements, someone notable showing up in chat etc; or bad, such as yabs or breakdowns); or sideshows such as Twitter bickering, behind the scene discussions (agency, licensing issues, financials), leaks, rrats etc. (Where Yagoo's dreams go to die)
I like the idea but it would be hard to enforce and even if we assumed everyone would put their best efforts forward I feel like people won't bother switching threads. not to mention how disruptive it would be if mods keep having to move posts whenever someone get's the thread wrong.

Good ideas but no good way to execute on them.

SZ 109

I like the idea but it would be hard to enforce and even if we assumed everyone would put their best efforts forward I feel like people won't bother switching threads. not to mention how disruptive it would be if mods keep having to move posts whenever someone get's the thread wrong.

Good ideas but no good way to execute on them.
It doesn't have too be very strictly enforced, especially since it's a sliding scale so there will be some overlap, but there are obvious extremes, such as an outfit reveal vs a leak on stream, but something like a very strange milestone celebration stream might be brought up on both threads, although details about the "strange" part might be further discussed in the latter.

The goal isn't to have a hard split, but to let those with less free time keep up with the official programs, which are usually more positive and less controversial, usually without the sperging, autism, rrats and minor details. This also means smaller vtuber's major events (redebuts etc) don't get drowned out in the sperging, since those posts tend to attract less replies.
I have faith in the current userbase being able to get the broard strokes down as they have with the Rec Room threads.

wew

Male hag love!
if we do a live posting thread can we PLEASE force people say what the hell they are live posting about. Just a little more context than "LMAAAOOOOOO SHE IS SO CRAZY GUYS" like at least a name or reply to the person that posted the fucking link to the stream.
Also as a small Vtuber watcher most of the time I really don't want a split between corpo and indie just so they can be shilled and talked about in the same space.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Proctor does tend to use the thing at the top of the site when something BIG happens you know the thing you looked at to get the link to arrive here direct? that thing.

I Honestly think maybe we should give Empty his own thread or Space so we can have them very easy to browse through and search for guy does hard work and it's a shame some people miss it.
Was definitely thinking that when Empty's posts were brought up. I would argue his posts could probably get their own spot under the PA area or something. It would have his summaries easily accessible without even having to scroll down. At least on desktop. Dunno dick about how this place looks mobile.

---
As far as splitting it is concerned: no clue. I would almost say consider by Eastern/Western corpos, but that's almost assuredly just going to be Holo/Niji and Phase/Idol/Vhoshow with sprinkles of other shit once in a while. You can't do it by branches, or at least I wouldn't want that, because it would make keeping up with everything in one company a big ass hassle and makes a lot of shit too easy to miss or get no info/context of.

This also arguably makes twitter/drama shit need its own thread since it's going to be split between both sides and be related to anything happening. Trashfire enjoyers wouldn't want to miss out because it's only known in one thread. Although it might be alright to have one anyway for recurring circus acts like the metal commie or the braptuber who rebrands every month or few. I know some people have been a little hissy about things like that in the general thread.

Assuming of course for some reason that was an idea that got traction. I'm mostly just rambling the ideas out as thought options moreso than something I lean toward.
The exception I would make for that situation is that indies and extremely small corpo shilling are allowed to be in either/or thread or be force fed into whichever one ends up being used more. Just don't be a nolan level autist and post the same fucking message in both.

Personally I think things seemed to more or less work fine so long as we keep making threads for specific decent sized things.
A good example of this being the whole Magni/Vesper thing, Rifu and EIEN, back with the Yuri/PC stuff, preemptive new debuts etc. Most of them were in the main thread for a few days to a week, and got moved/created as necessary. Another example is that the HoloFes thread worked wonderfully for that. Had a grand ol' autism festival in it while it served its purpose.
So even though I keep getting behind in the main thread it still feels like home with that autism storm. If the thread leaves me too behind I just give up and skip every other page, and if I see someone quote something that needs context for I just click to go to the quoted post. So I would vote for one general, one live if we must, and continue to make whatever as necessary as it happens.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Whatever it happens i hope the members of this forum stay the same :D
ASYLUM LOVE

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Whatever it happens i hope the members of this forum stay the same :D
ASYLUM LOVE
Thats too much positivity. Please someone tell him his oshi is a whore or something i cant bring myself to do it

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Thats too much positivity. Please someone tell him his oshi is a whore or something i cant bring myself to do it
hes one of the few people here teeming with positivity here id rather stay it that way

i also like the man when he claps back at nolan when he wasnt penis exploded back then

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I couldn't hurt Laplusnorte any more than I could hurt Pikamee.

Both have the same energy.

Minotaur

Lurking in the digital labyrinth
Throwing my lurker hat into the ring by saying its far more convenient to read one thread and if i get behind reading empty inboxs recaps do wonders for catching up, hell sometimes thats all i read and just click on notes that interest me. It would be much harder to stay abreast of general news, happenings, and feelings about the general state of vtubing if i had to go through a million different threads with ten posts in them rather than one big thread that has concise recaps / news that i can just peruse for useful information.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

angry sushi

Early Adopter
Our smiles are protected by people like him ok. Your oshi just wants you to be happy, so find the nearest fluffy tail and touch it gently.

Jokes aside. The whole keeping it as is with the melting pot of shitposting helped me discover some lesser talents that otherwise i doubt youtube mommy would ever allow me to see. I voted for both, but I'm leaning towards all the shit in one pot, and then liveposting for major events only or if someone like kirshe or pippa go off fedposting and glowing brightly. Then those talents would warrant a special case. Most communities here regardless of oshi or company seem to be well behaved so keeping things as is and leaving it as an archive is, as of now, for the best.

The only alteration I'd make is maybe separate the thread review posts that mr. sexy @Empty_Inbox does into its own thread.
Either way, I'm indifferent with the outcome we're voting on, everyone seems relatively well put together with quality dental floss and duct tape to operate within the rules set forth by our glorious asshole proctologist inspector.

Don't unban nolan, we haven't all submitted our PhD. thesis' yet. This fascinating creature is only getting started after being set free.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I personally operate from a principal of "Less action is better." I've seen far too many forums and sites get killed because they moved too aggressively and split things too hard when a more gentle patient touch could have sufficed.

If it were my way I'd have a "Major/Disruptive Liveposting" thread (think major events that don't require dedicated threads like outfits, off-collabs, and big collabs like the summer fests), and the general thread as we have it while allowing "minor/nondisruptive" Liveposting.

Think of it this way. I don't want people to stop posting stream links to good/interesting streams in the main thread. But if something crazy happens, like the legendary Amelia Karaoke that ended up being an off collab with Ina, Fauna, Mumei, and Kronii, I want a stream link and a post going "This crazy thing is going down!" and have it shunted off to the Liveposting thread.

It might require a more "rule by feeling rather than guidelines" approach, and maybe another Janny or two (especially for JP/SEAnigg hours) but I'd rather do that than oversplit and create thread ghettos that barely get used. As others have pointed out, other dedicated live threads have slowed down and really don't require seperate space except for the Pippiggers.

Besides, worst case scenario it ends up not working well and we yell at Proctor to change it back after some trying.

I also like the idea of a new general thread every month. We can open it with a reserved spot that will be filled in eventually by a summary post at the end of the month. And it'll make sifting through everything that much easier.

Last edited:

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
On the one hand I like the idea of an indie thread to give 0views exposure, but on the other hand I can see people just forgetting the thread exists and only reading the main thread.

Pippaposting can keep the hell away though.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom